Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
259,901 - 259,920 of 305,077 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what the law is suggesting. That the ZEF will be treated as a human being, same as its victimized mother, for purposes of sentencing punishment. Just like Ayaka posted.
Exactly. Its for the purposes of adding more charges to the perpetuator of the crimes, and that's ALL its about.

The law recognizes the POTENTAL of the ZEF to BECOME a human being, particularly in the later stages of pregnancy, and its acting ON that potental - but its ONLY acting on that potental as a result of the WOMAN being harmed - and those women USUALLY are wanting those pregnancies to continue.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Katie, nothing to forgive darling. ;-)
Thank you :)
I look forward to what you find out.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Depends on what you call "truth"; everybody has their own truth.

I've known a lot of medical professionals; I worked in the medical field for years. Everyone had different reasons and reactions to to what they did.

What's important to me is that women's civil rights are upheld.
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering if you've done research on those who were former employees of PP? I bet that you're not interested in what they have to say reasos anout what REALLY goes on behind closed doors. After all, these are the abortionist,and staff who performed these thousands of abortions?
You don't care?
Okay. What about the abortionist and staff who STILL are practicing? Are you interested in their stories about the truths behind closed doors?(of course I am referring to those who have revealed much truth because they didn't care). Go google their stories. You just might be surprised. My former MIL worked at PP. She told us the truths. Just so you know,she is still a proabort(that I know of).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>There is no way that a woman who kills her own flesh and blood,won't regret it. I think that most will live in denial for a long time though. I think the pain of what they did,will haunt them for the rest of their lives whether or not they admit it or not.
You're SO full of shit Skankdawg. The FACT is that many women that lose a pregnancy, whether its naturally or by abortion, simply move on with their lives, and do NOT regret it.

My mom and I had a discussion once about her miscarriage. She told me that knowing what they know now about HER illness,(that the medical community didn't know back then), she was actually THANKFUL that she miscarried - because between the MS and diabetes, and knowing what they also knew about my father's genetic heart conditions in the men in the family - she would NEVER have wished those kinds of health issues onto her child.

Conversely, I know women - some of whom have posted here - who have ALSO said they're not only not sorry they had an abortion, they are THANKFUL they did.

For whatever reason, you have this really sick NEED to inflict YOUR f'd up vision & desire for regret, spiritual misery, shame, depression and more on others.

FORTUNATELY, MOST women dont and wont suffer any such things from having an abortion.

Only a complete idiot like you will hear women tell you THEY DO NOT REGRET their decisions, and ignore that, only to be so insistant on trying to put YOUR words in THEIR mouths.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Sadly its too late for your people.
I did my part and you are doing your's.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Considering the number of sex acts performed daily, it's perectly within the known stats that bc will fail that often--which is still a tiny number of ll sex acts using bc. On te other hand, since women don't have to provide reason to abort, and you don't list what bc methods--including NFP--are used, it's kind of meaningless.
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>Michele has used NFP for over like 16yrs. She is a proabort too.
FTR,you are being dishonest. There is much success with NFP. Are you aware that over half of abortions done,are done on women who used b/c?
Doesn't sound too effective to me.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's human and it's alive. But, it's not independent existence until it's born, and that's when it becomes an individual, or a "human being."
Not even legally, is the fetus a person and Lynne D's continuous vain repetitions of what one law says, doesn't make it so, but for the sole purpose of that law. And that law has a clear an unambiguous exception for a woman's right to kill it and get it the hell out of her uterus, if that's what she wants to do.
That argument hols as much water as the Titanic did. And we know what happened to it.
There was only one point being made and that is that the court considers an unborn baby, a child. A human child.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering if you've done research on those who were former employees of PP? I bet that you're not interested in what they have to say about what REALLY goes on behind closed doors. After all, these are the abortionist,and staff who performed these thousands of abortions?
You don't care?
Okay. What about the abortionist and staff who STILL are practicing? Are you interested in their stories about the truths behind closed doors?(of course I am referring to those who have revealed much truth because they didn't care). Go google their stories. You just might be surprised. My former MIL worked at PP. She told us the truths. Just so you know,she is still a proabort(that I know of).
You think all these people just changed their minds and became PL? It hasn't occurred to you they were sell outs, being paid to saying something? That they had no qualms pandering for the bigger paycheck?

Why don't you start using real language in this "debate"? Until we can agree on the words and definitions, this will not progress. There is no "abortionist" because the physician is called an obstetrician.

There are no "proaborts" because those who think women should decide for themselves whether to keep or terminate their pregnancies are called prochoice.

There is no "abortuary". Abortion means an end to pregnancy prior to term. The pregnant woman will decide what happens to the fetal remains following induced or spontaneous abortion. Perhaps a mortuary is involved or the remains are donated to science or the remains become medical waste. It's up to the woman what to do with these.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
I posted that law because Kathynn the Dummy claimed Connor was born when he died. Another PCer went along with him in that. I proved them wrong by showing that law. That law was proving Connor was NOT BORN when he was killed.
That law doesn't prove SHIT about whether Connor was born or not when they were killed.

In fact, the autopsy reports stated they could NOT say if he'd been born or not.

The law was in response to the crime and other crimes like it you moron, NOT to whether or not he was murdered before OR after he was born.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

I provided a law that substantiated he died before he was born.
Laws dont determine when someone's died you STUPID SHIT! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Lynne, you show how ignorant you are in SO Many ways, and you dont even know it!

Its HYSTERICAL!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws dont determine when someone's died you STUPID SHIT! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Lynne, you show how ignorant you are in SO Many ways, and you dont even know it!
Its HYSTERICAL!
If he didn't die in the womb then we wouldn't have needed a law.
bman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, I actually agree that teens, especially girls, since they have to cope with the burdens of teen pregnancy, would better off avoiding sex entirely until they have, at the very least, graduated from high school.
I wrote this a few months ago, as a kind of "public service" post:
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.
If you or anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.
LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Attending college or vocational training after high school with no restrictions
LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school
- Settling for part-time, low-income or minimum-wage employment instead of a dream job/career
As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?
You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by staying sexfree (meaning free FROM sex) and saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.
Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason to say NO.
FINALLY, someone who has some common sense. While I disagree with your veiws on abortion, I like your post and I hope that in the future, teens will respect each other, and that they won't fall into peer pressure to have sex too early.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If he didn't die in the womb then we wouldn't have needed a law.
It's an unknown regarding Conner, Ink. Prior to this, most ZEFs were unrecognized by the courts and so was the woman's and/or family's loss.

The Victims of Violence Act or Conner's Law can be seen as a legal compromise. I know the PLM thinks of it as a weapon, but it's not meant to be.

PC see it more as further protecting women's civil rights to determine the outcome of her pregnancy. And now a wanted pregnancy ruined by a 3rd party is recognized in those states who've passed this.
bman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bullshit. The Victims of Violence Act of 2004 does not trump Roe v. Wade. Roe v. Wade does not make such reference to life in uteri. BTW, it's in uteri, not in utero you dumb shit. Learn proper Latin medical terms. Did they not teach you that in "Honorary Medical School?"
Roe v. Wade protects a woman's right to abort. The Act protects a woman's right to carry to term by embellishing on a technicality, the purpose of which is mainly to give your kind a $.10 lolly pop, while Roe v. Wade gives our kind Key Lime Pie.
Go on and prove me wrong.
HA! So you're saying that just a "choice" can all of a sudden redefine a fetus as human or inhuman? In fact, Planned Paranthood was against this act when it was signed because they knew that this act would hurt the pro-choice argument and that the fetus shouldn't be counted as murder because the law clearly states that a pregnant woman killed with her unborn child would be considered a double-homicide. Do you suppoert this act? Because if you do, you're saying that a fetus should be counted as a human (double homicide means two PEOPLE getting killed). If the fetus WAS part of the woman before birth, it would be considered one casualty instead of two.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your day job because you don't have a feel for humor.
Poor baby...getting snarky because you once again made a jackass of yourself.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're SO full of shit Skankdawg. The FACT is that many women that lose a pregnancy, whether its naturally or by abortion, simply move on with their lives, and do NOT regret it.
My mom and I had a discussion once about her miscarriage. She told me that knowing what they know now about HER illness,(that the medical community didn't know back then), she was actually THANKFUL that she miscarried - because between the MS and diabetes, and knowing what they also knew about my father's genetic heart conditions in the men in the family - she would NEVER have wished those kinds of health issues onto her child.
Conversely, I know women - some of whom have posted here - who have ALSO said they're not only not sorry they had an abortion, they are THANKFUL they did.
For whatever reason, you have this really sick NEED to inflict YOUR f'd up vision & desire for regret, spiritual misery, shame, depression and more on others.
FORTUNATELY, MOST women dont and wont suffer any such things from having an abortion.
Only a complete idiot like you will hear women tell you THEY DO NOT REGRET their decisions, and ignore that, only to be so insistant on trying to put YOUR words in THEIR mouths.
Ask them the same question in the future, when they are on their deathbed, and I bet you'll get a different answer from them.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You think all these people just changed their minds and became PL? It hasn't occurred to you they were sell outs, being paid to saying something? That they had no qualms pandering for the bigger paycheck?
Why don't you start using real language in this "debate"? Until we can agree on the words and definitions, this will not progress. There is no "abortionist" because the physician is called an obstetrician.
There are no "proaborts" because those who think women should decide for themselves whether to keep or terminate their pregnancies are called prochoice.
There is no "abortuary". Abortion means an end to pregnancy prior to term. The pregnant woman will decide what happens to the fetal remains following induced or spontaneous abortion. Perhaps a mortuary is involved or the remains are donated to science or the remains become medical waste. It's up to the woman what to do with these.
The definition of an Obstetrician should be 'someone who specializes in killing off people that women don't want in their lives.'

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Inkstain simply isn't bright enough to figure these things out on her own.
She's a bona fide simpleton. You made a joke, I replied to your joke by making another joke, and then here comes Ink with a moronic remark in a bad attempt to appear like she has a superior intellect, which of course falls flat and makers her look like a fool. Just another day in Fundiville.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, LNM has a great sense of humor. On the other hand, you dont have ANY feel for intelligence.
Hee hee hee!
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY, and which Planned Parenthood facility did that? I doubt that your little story is true.
Personally, I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city after graduating high school and vocational school. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.
The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me. Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got pregnant before the time when I WANTED to become a mother, which wasn't until my 30's. I never got a sexually transmitted disease either. I went OFF birth control when I decided I was ready for the responsibility.
I strongly suggest that teens avoid all types of sexual activity with partners while in middle or high school because even WITH the use of birth control and condoms, unwanted pregnancy is still a possibility. Must protection always be used if for any reason a teen girl or guy decides to have sex? ABSOLUTELY, and EVERY time too. Is that protection a GUARANTEE a girl will never get pregnant? Absolutely NOT. All birth control methods can and do fail occasionally. When BC fails and a pregnancy results, it is still the girl's/woman's decision whether to continue it or not.
With all your tricks dropping yo off, I am sure you were on a first name basis with the staff. "Yank out the condoms, she's back!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••