Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
259,821 - 259,840 of 305,378 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! Or an Octomom.
Do you really think that you get pregnant with eight babies through NFP? WOW
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Obama just keeps talking about what?
Does he really do anything?
Do they just print more money when the checks
bounce?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very judgemental pagan. You have a great deal of inner rage and anger issues. I doubt you shpould have been allowed to adopt.
You criticize the Pro-Choicers because, as you and your other fellow idolaters call us, we're "pro-aborts." Notwithstanding the lie of the nick name (that's another commandment you're violating), now you criticize Foo for actually doing something you hypocrite idolaters actually endorse; adoption.

I suppose your Jeebus has his hands full with your shitmongers' attitude. His f*cking problem. Not mine.
Forum Mod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She'll return with some tweak to her argument narrowing the subject to justify the inevitable name-calling she has a compulsive need to perform. She's one freaky old chick, to be sure.
Please stick to the topic and refrain from personal attacks.
We reserve the right to remove any post that violates Topix TOS.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove this then. And prove there is a God and then you can be taken seriously. Right now this is just your own religious belief...and that makes it irrelevant to everyone else outside your religion.
When you hear his voice talking to you, you know him.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>That law defines that there are two victims, it doesn't define an unborn child as a human being.
"child in utero" is the description.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I strongly believe that a couple needs to resolve the important issue of whether to have children or not long BEFORE marriage is even considered. Why? Simple, because if one partner absolutely wants children and the other partner does NOT want them, this particular couple should NOT get married.
There are quite a few married couples out there who have chosen to be childFREE, which simply means "no kids by CHOICE." Just because a couple decides to get married DOESN'T mean that children will be part of the marriage.
I agree with you, some genes should not be passed on.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I didn't say anything about your choice; I just don't believe you'll carry it though. Stats show that teens who say they will wait until marriage tend not to follow through on it. Yo9u are obviously celibate out of fear; that can be overcome.

The science here is that sexual activity is healthy and necessary, both physically and mentally. Celibacy is like fasting--okay for a short time, but unhealthy if overdone. Safe sex can promote a healthy sex life without pregnancy or disease. You just have to apply the tenets correctly.

You might want to backpedal on the "stupid" remarks unless your IQ is over 160 like mine. I've been relatively nice thus far.

Self-control and self-denial are two different things; you may come to realize that eventually. You can see sex however you wish, but don't delude yourself that your opinion is better than anyone else's. In terms of aboirtion, our opinion is irrlevant--only the pregnant woman's rights matter.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hyppocrite you were criticizing me for judging a woman's choice to have an abortion, but now you're criticizing MY choice not to have sex untihal marriage. The science is DIFINITIVE. The only way that is a 100 percent guarantee not to get an STD or an unwanted pregnacy is abstinence. I don't care if people are using contraception. I have nothing against it. Abortion isn't contraception. And contraception isn't a 100 precent guarantee to prevent STD's or pregnancy. I'm not saying that abstinence is easy. But it's self control that you're too stupid to recognize. Unlike you, I don't see sex as a freindly gesture. If you don't want unwanted pregnancies like you say, then stop encouraging people to do the acts that could make them happen.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling, trolling, TROOLLLL OOONNNN!!!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't educated on any topic you post about.
Even legally the fetus is considered a "human being".
It's common sense.
Note what it says in this law.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/108/hr1...
"Sec. 1841. Protection of unborn children
‘(a)(1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child, who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty of a separate offense under this section.
‘(2)(A) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the punishment for that separate offense is the same as the punishment provided under Federal law for that conduct had that injury or death occurred to the unborn child’s mother.
‘(B) An offense under this section does not require proof that--
‘(i) the person engaging in the conduct had knowledge or should have had knowledge that the victim of the underlying offense was pregnant; or
‘(ii) the defendant intended to cause the death of, or bodily injury to, the unborn child.
‘(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being."
Also from same law:
from that same law.
"‘(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution--
‘(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;
‘(2) of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child; or
‘(3) of any woman with respect to her unborn child.
‘(d) As used in this section, the term ‘unborn child’ means a child in utero, and the term ‘child in utero’ or ‘child, who is in utero’ means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.’."
How trivial, Lynne D is actually arguing the law under her "honorary law degree."

Well then, Ma Cherie, if a fetus is considered a "human being;" why then 1- Roe v. Wade is still law, and 2- why is there an exclusion for the legal termination of pregnancy?

Or are you suggesting that a fetus is only a human being, if injured when the mother wants it not to be?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read this part?
"Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution--
‘(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;"
Of course not Grumpy, she saw the words "unborn child" and "human being" written in the Unborn Victims Protection Act and understood it to mean that LEGALLY in the U.S a fetus is a human being. She failed to read that in paragraph (d) this same law refers to a fetus as a homo sapien and not a human being when referring to abortion. What U.S law differentiates between fetuses like that and in whose mind would this be ethical when writing and passing this law?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Forum Dud wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see YOU remove this; go suck a mean hard one ya koos!!

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Let me guess--catholic school?

PP discusses the options with women; the women make their own decisions. They treat abortion as an option, and in some cases, abortion may well BE the best solution.

I've done more research on PP than you ever will, little boy. For instance, I understand that PP is a mnedical facility, and that the woman involves the medical staff in her reproductive and medical decisions--making it their business. The woman's right to privacy means SHE decides who knows about the pregnancy and her decisions, even if she is married. You might want to look up HIPAA, as well. And yes, ultimately, the woman is in it alone--she and she alone take the risks and problems of pregnancy.

Anti-choicers are all for giving the woman help, right up until the kid is born. Then they can go to hell; the holy fetus has been delivered.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be telling Planned Paranthood this too because some workers there tell women that having an abortion is a better option. So they're telling women what to do with the pregancy. Many women are brave enough to report this. Planned Parenthood isn't this perfect organization you pro-choicers love to praise. Look behind the walls of what they're hiding. That's probably a hopeless task for an ignorant person such as yourself. I'm doing a good job not to cause a preganacy because I'm practicing abstinence, a decision you pro-choicers attack because unwanted pregnancy is such an accepting norm for you. If it's not my buisness what a woman does with her pregnancy, I guess neither does the doctor, gynachologist, nurse, husband, family, etc. She's in it alone? Makes alot of sense. I think giving her help is what she needs and that is what many pro-life people (not all) are trying to do. I don't see alot of pro-choice people doing that.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"child in utero" is the description.
same thing isn't it? LOL

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>Or would that be "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate." Dark Helmet - Spaceballs
Dear Gods, Knutter is a spaceball.
LOL
ha ha! Yes, The Knut is a fundie's fundie.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
At least in Wicca we have fun.
For those chocolate lovers out there.
The Chocolate Ritual
Copyright 1993, John Shepard, Performed at Dragonfest, August 1993
http://www.thedance.com/test/chocrit.htm
Fun is a sin to the fundies.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

DEFINITELY catholic school. That's a huge papal lie--NFP is ar more likely to result in pregnancy than any other method of contraception. That's why the RCC backs it. It's only effective if the woman's cycles are invariably regular, and most aren't.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have sex in marriage without having a kid and not using contaception. Ever heard of natural family planning? You should look into it. Works alot better than artificial birth control.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't be the first time.
Not even close.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that you get pregnant with eight babies through NFP? WOW
It was a joke...duh.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
When you hear his voice talking to you, you know him.
So you all have schizophrenia...that explains a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••