Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#276528 Jan 13, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, you just proved I am right.
LOL, no.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#276529 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No because I'm a high school student. You've never experienced abortion? So you don't know what it's even like, yet you support it? But you're willing to let other young and frightened women to experience it. Wow, selfishness at it's finest.
Thank you for your opinion. Enjoy your formative years.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#276530 Jan 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyaDontKnow: "human being has nothing to do with dna. being of the human species does."
Were you in special ed? Read your post again. Slowly.
I don't care if you lick windows or occasionally pee on yourself..
You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin' special.
I'm not the window licker if you don't know the difference between human being and the genetic material that makes a human. A fetus is human, it is not a human being. You're a liar, medical student.

Location hidden

#276531 Jan 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a preborn baby liesurely moving around in the womb looks the same as frantically moving away from a sharp curette that's trying to slice him up.
Because a sharp currette cutting the preborn baby's flesh is akin to rubbing an ultrasound transducer over gel on mom's tummy.
You're a mess..........
So you want me to believe that a fetus has the knowledge of what a weapon is and knows harm is about to be done? LMAO. They teach you that in med school NR?

Location hidden

#276532 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No because I'm a high school student. You've never experienced abortion? So you don't know what it's even like, yet you support it? But you're willing to let other young and frightened women to experience it. Wow, selfishness at it's finest.
If you haven't experienced it how do you know what it's like? If you have experienced it, you made your own choice didn't you?

Location hidden

#276533 Jan 13, 2013
Russia has banned American adoptions.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#276534 Jan 13, 2013
And you're a kid who has never aborted. I suspect you're a male, so this will never be a problem for you, but you condemn those who have them? Very selfish of you. How about you stay celibate ntil your wedding night?
bman wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#276535 Jan 13, 2013
Why is it screwed up? Because YOU don't like it? It's none of your business what any woman does about her pregnancy. Your job is not to cause one.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
I visited your website and it says how women have POSITIVE experiences with abortion. It's screwed up. Most of them are rich white women, where as many who have abortions are poor minorities. There are alot more women who regret their abortion than rejoicing it. If women are so "happy with their choice" why not have another one? Check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mXZCOaRVrbgXX
bman

Commack, NY

#276536 Jan 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And you're a kid who has never aborted. I suspect you're a male, so this will never be a problem for you, but you condemn those who have them? Very selfish of you. How about you stay celibate ntil your wedding night?
<quoted text>
Actually alot of men who pressure women to have abortions. And yes I will never have an abortion. As will a number if women in this country who are smart enough to have their bodies respected and wait until marriage to procreate. At least they're smarter than people like you.

Indianapolis

#276537 Jan 13, 2013
Were you born with geometry, grammar, etc? Sin is just a concept, it varies from religion to religion, and some don't even acknowledge the idea. You are taught what sin is.

Most people have considered the possibility of a creator. Many of us are unimpressed, considering the lack of evidence.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever wondered how we all got here?
You don't believe we're born with Sin, but how can it be taught, if no one was born with it?
Do you believe in evolution?
Have you ever considered (all religions and churches aside), that there might be a creator?

Indianapolis

#276538 Jan 13, 2013
She did marry a german and has been very happy. Only an idiot would call her a she-male. Idiot.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
That shemale could only wish that would happen.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276539 Jan 13, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be a long wait. I wouldn't know, of course.. Just saying..
And maybe for him they just don't exist anyway.

Indianapolis

#276540 Jan 13, 2013
How 'bout you? You a virgin? Or are you too stupid to wait for marriage? What if you don't find a woman who will marry you until you're 40? Gonna stay a virgin?

The old "self respect" argument about sex is sadly ignorant. You view a woman having sex as some negative act. Women enjoy sex, and sex is healthy for people of either gender. You just need to be responsible about HOW you have sex; you can avoid STD's and pregnancy, you know.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually alot of men who pressure women to have abortions. And yes I will never have an abortion. As will a number if women in this country who are smart enough to have their bodies respected and wait until marriage to procreate. At least they're smarter than people like you.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#276541 Jan 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And maybe for him they just don't exist anyway.
That is a possibility..
bman

Commack, NY

#276542 Jan 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
How 'bout you? You a virgin? Or are you too stupid to wait for marriage? What if you don't find a woman who will marry you until you're 40? Gonna stay a virgin?
The old "self respect" argument about sex is sadly ignorant. You view a woman having sex as some negative act. Women enjoy sex, and sex is healthy for people of either gender. You just need to be responsible about HOW you have sex; you can avoid STD's and pregnancy, you know.
<quoted text>
Hey hyppocrite you were criticizing me for judging a woman's choice to have an abortion, but now you're criticizing MY choice not to have sex until marriage. The science is DIFINITIVE. The only way that is a 100 percent guarantee not to get an STD or an unwanted pregnacy is abstinence. I don't care if people are using contraception. I have nothing against it. Abortion isn't contraception. And contraception isn't a 100 precent guarantee to prevent STD's or pregnancy. I'm not saying that abstinence is easy. But it's self control that you're too stupid to recognize. Unlike you, I don't see sex as a freindly gesture. If you don't want unwanted pregnancies like you say, then stop encouraging people to do the acts that could make them happen.
bman

Commack, NY

#276544 Jan 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why is it screwed up? Because YOU don't like it? It's none of your business what any woman does about her pregnancy. Your job is not to cause one.
<quoted text>
You should be telling Planned Paranthood this too because some workers there tell women that having an abortion is a better option. So they're telling women what to do with the pregancy. Many women are brave enough to report this. Planned Parenthood isn't this perfect organization you pro-choicers love to praise. Look behind the walls of what they're hiding. That's probably a hopeless task for an ignorant person such as yourself. I'm doing a good job not to cause a preganacy because I'm practicing abstinence, a decision you pro-choicers attack because unwanted pregnancy is such an accepting norm for you. If it's not my buisness what a woman does with her pregnancy, I guess neither does the doctor, gynachologist, nurse, husband, family, etc. She's in it alone? Makes alot of sense. I think giving her help is what she needs and that is what many pro-life people (not all) are trying to do. I don't see alot of pro-choice people doing that.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#276545 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hyppocrite you were criticizing me for judging a woman's choice to have an abortion, but now you're criticizing MY choice not to have sex until marriage. The science is DIFINITIVE. The only way that is a 100 percent guarantee not to get an STD or an unwanted pregnacy is abstinence. I don't care if people are using contraception. I have nothing against it. Abortion isn't contraception. And contraception isn't a 100 precent guarantee to prevent STD's or pregnancy. I'm not saying that abstinence is easy. But it's self control that you're too stupid to recognize. Unlike you, I don't see sex as a freindly gesture. If you don't want unwanted pregnancies like you say, then stop encouraging people to do the acts that could make them happen.
It's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect married couples to stop having sex if they don't want children. Therefore, since only abstinence ensures 100% pregnancy prevention, there is a possibility of a married woman getting pregnant, even when using birth control. She may not want to stay pregnant, so she has the right to abort the pregnancy.
bman

Commack, NY

#276546 Jan 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect married couples to stop having sex if they don't want children. Therefore, since only abstinence ensures 100% pregnancy prevention, there is a possibility of a married woman getting pregnant, even when using birth control. She may not want to stay pregnant, so she has the right to abort the pregnancy.
You can have sex in marriage without having a kid and not using contaception. Ever heard of natural family planning? You should look into it. Works alot better than artificial birth control.

Atrisco Village

#276547 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be telling Planned Paranthood this too because some workers there tell women that having an abortion is a better option. So they're telling women what to do with the pregancy. Many women are brave enough to report this. Planned Parenthood isn't this perfect organization you pro-choicers love to praise. Look behind the walls of what they're hiding. That's probably a hopeless task for an ignorant person such as yourself. I'm doing a good job not to cause a preganacy because I'm practicing abstinence, a decision you pro-choicers attack because unwanted pregnancy is such an accepting norm for you. If it's not my buisness what a woman does with her pregnancy, I guess neither does the docutor, gynachologist, nurse, husband, family, etc. She's in it alone? Makes alot of sense. I think giving her help is what she needs and that is what many pro-life people (not all) are trying to do. I don't see alot of pro-choice people doing that.
Where do you get your information? You have no way of knowing this stuff you claim from firsthand experience and it's obvious you don't have honest, open discussions with any prochoicers. Iow, you don't know what you're talking about, dear.

Atrisco Village

#276548 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have sex in marriage without having a kid and not using contaception. Ever heard of natural family planning? You should look into it. Works alot better than artificial birth control.
1) No, it doesn't and that is an absolute fact. NFP is a very unreliable method of BC. Lots of surprised prolife mommies can testify to that. Lol. 2) You, yourself, wrote that the only completely reliable way of preventing pregnancy is abstinence. Your words, kiddo:-) Therefore, a married couple always runs a risk of pregnancy. Therefore, the woman has a right to abort a pregnancy, if she doesn't want to stay pregnant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nuculur option 1,224,506
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,054
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,824
Amazing Child educational DIY materials kit 20 hr Vinvin 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr Chuck 19,892
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! Sun manny 2
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... May 3 weatherfieldguy112 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]