Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313962 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#276545 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hyppocrite you were criticizing me for judging a woman's choice to have an abortion, but now you're criticizing MY choice not to have sex until marriage. The science is DIFINITIVE. The only way that is a 100 percent guarantee not to get an STD or an unwanted pregnacy is abstinence. I don't care if people are using contraception. I have nothing against it. Abortion isn't contraception. And contraception isn't a 100 precent guarantee to prevent STD's or pregnancy. I'm not saying that abstinence is easy. But it's self control that you're too stupid to recognize. Unlike you, I don't see sex as a freindly gesture. If you don't want unwanted pregnancies like you say, then stop encouraging people to do the acts that could make them happen.
It's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect married couples to stop having sex if they don't want children. Therefore, since only abstinence ensures 100% pregnancy prevention, there is a possibility of a married woman getting pregnant, even when using birth control. She may not want to stay pregnant, so she has the right to abort the pregnancy.
bman

Commack, NY

#276546 Jan 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect married couples to stop having sex if they don't want children. Therefore, since only abstinence ensures 100% pregnancy prevention, there is a possibility of a married woman getting pregnant, even when using birth control. She may not want to stay pregnant, so she has the right to abort the pregnancy.
You can have sex in marriage without having a kid and not using contaception. Ever heard of natural family planning? You should look into it. Works alot better than artificial birth control.

Location hidden

#276547 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be telling Planned Paranthood this too because some workers there tell women that having an abortion is a better option. So they're telling women what to do with the pregancy. Many women are brave enough to report this. Planned Parenthood isn't this perfect organization you pro-choicers love to praise. Look behind the walls of what they're hiding. That's probably a hopeless task for an ignorant person such as yourself. I'm doing a good job not to cause a preganacy because I'm practicing abstinence, a decision you pro-choicers attack because unwanted pregnancy is such an accepting norm for you. If it's not my buisness what a woman does with her pregnancy, I guess neither does the docutor, gynachologist, nurse, husband, family, etc. She's in it alone? Makes alot of sense. I think giving her help is what she needs and that is what many pro-life people (not all) are trying to do. I don't see alot of pro-choice people doing that.
Where do you get your information? You have no way of knowing this stuff you claim from firsthand experience and it's obvious you don't have honest, open discussions with any prochoicers. Iow, you don't know what you're talking about, dear.

Location hidden

#276548 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have sex in marriage without having a kid and not using contaception. Ever heard of natural family planning? You should look into it. Works alot better than artificial birth control.
1) No, it doesn't and that is an absolute fact. NFP is a very unreliable method of BC. Lots of surprised prolife mommies can testify to that. Lol. 2) You, yourself, wrote that the only completely reliable way of preventing pregnancy is abstinence. Your words, kiddo:-) Therefore, a married couple always runs a risk of pregnancy. Therefore, the woman has a right to abort a pregnancy, if she doesn't want to stay pregnant.
Gtown71

United States

#276549 Jan 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>1) No, it doesn't and that is an absolute fact. NFP is a very unreliable method of BC. Lots of surprised prolife mommies can testify to that. Lol. 2) You, yourself, wrote that the only completely reliable way of preventing pregnancy is abstinence. Your words, kiddo:-) Therefore, a married couple always runs a risk of pregnancy. Therefore, the woman has a right to abort a pregnancy, if she doesn't want to stay pregnant.
Yes, but if married, and if hubby isn't pro death, and she wants to abort, it is a good chance the marriage won't last, but I doubt a woman willing to have her own baby killed worries much about a marriage though.

Mabey she can remarry and get pregnant again, but want to keep the baby this time and the hubby want her to abort, so the cycle of "love and marriage " continues :)

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#276550 Jan 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but if married, and if hubby isn't pro death, and she wants to abort, it is a good chance the marriage won't last, but I doubt a woman willing to have her own baby killed worries much about a marriage though.
Mabey she can remarry and get pregnant again, but want to keep the baby this time and the hubby want her to abort, so the cycle of "love and marriage " continues :)
Your entire post is bullshyt from beginning to end. You really do live in a delusional world of make believe.

Location hidden

#276551 Jan 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was arguing a specific point with a specific poster.

Location hidden

#276552 Jan 13, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Your entire post is bullshyt from beginning to end. You really do live in a delusional world of make believe.
That boy just loves to opine. He doesn't care if it's relevant. He's full of crap, of course, and absolutely.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276553 Jan 13, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguments are carbon copies of JM's.
You related?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#276554 Jan 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'll always be an ignorant fundie jackass.
Now now LNM! Be specific - he's a Jackass for Jesus! There's a distinction there LOL!

Location hidden

#276555 Jan 13, 2013
satans spawn wrote:
Foo Foo ordering takeout----
Oh lookie, my little COWARDLY fan is back.@@

At least you chose an appropriate name for yourself this time ya twit. LOL!

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#276556 Jan 13, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the window licker if you don't know the difference between human being and the genetic material that makes a human. A fetus is human, it is not a human being. You're a liar, medical student.
You aren't educated on any topic you post about.

Even legally the fetus is considered a "human being".

It's common sense.

Note what it says in this law.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/108/hr1...

"Sec. 1841. Protection of unborn children

‘(a)(1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child, who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty of a separate offense under this section.

‘(2)(A) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the punishment for that separate offense is the same as the punishment provided under Federal law for that conduct had that injury or death occurred to the unborn child’s mother.

‘(B) An offense under this section does not require proof that--

‘(i) the person engaging in the conduct had knowledge or should have had knowledge that the victim of the underlying offense was pregnant; or

‘(ii) the defendant intended to cause the death of, or bodily injury to, the unborn child.

‘(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being."

Also from same law:

from that same law.

"‘(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution--

‘(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;

‘(2) of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child; or

‘(3) of any woman with respect to her unborn child.

‘(d) As used in this section, the term ‘unborn child’ means a child in utero, and the term ‘child in utero’ or ‘child, who is in utero’ means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.’."

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#276557 Jan 13, 2013
The above is from The Laci and Connor's law, The Victims of Violence Act of 2004, for protection of the unborn child.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#276558 Jan 13, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>human being has nothing to do with
dna. being of the human species does. So yes I am half my mothers human dna and I could not have gotten that had I not been part of her body.

He asked you if you and your mother were the same human being. It's a simple yes or no question.

Responding about mtDNA doesn't answer the question. It's just an attempt at deflecting from answering it.

Are you and your mom the same human being? Yes or no?

Location hidden

#276559 Jan 13, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't educated on any topic you post about.
Says the HS dropout Lynne D! LOL

Location hidden

#276560 Jan 13, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the HS dropout Lynne D! LOL
It's hilarious when she tries to help her pals:-D
Gtown71

United States

#276561 Jan 13, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it not shock me, for you to think if a man or woman loved another enough to marry them, that they would also want to keep a baby from being aborted, if the woman becomes "with child ",something people would say for years.(WITH CHILD). pregnant couldn't even be said on tv for years.

Yet for a couple to love each other enough to marry, and have kids would be delutionable to you.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#276563 Jan 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I lived because skilled doctors gave my body a chance to heal. I'm hard to kill. No god had anything to do with it.
<quoted text>
Why would the doctors care?
He gave you life. He will take
your life when he wants to. He breathes life into us just like the wind. Maybe he likes you.
I know that I have died many times. I am here.

Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#276564 Jan 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but if married, and if hubby isn't, and she wants to abort, it is a good chance the marriage won't last, but I doubt a woman willing to have her own baby killed worries much about a marriage though.
Maybe she can remarry and get pregnant again, but want to keep the baby this time and the hubby want her to abort, so the cycle of "love and marriage " continues :)
God decides when a child is to born. Why do they not understand that it is destruction of God.
A woman always wants her child. It is her body and her suffering.
I would have my baby without him.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276565 Jan 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Still having homoerotic fantasies.. You should really step out of the closet..
Between you and cd, there is no room left in the closet, pagan. By the way, many new posters think yuou are a female. I have warned you about the over emotional feminine tone of your posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Cheech the Conser... 1,521,863
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 71,284
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Apr 22 Patty Myers 8,138
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 20 Patriot AKA Bozo 63,620
News Five Key Points From Hartford's Budget Proposal Apr 19 IdiotCamp 1
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Apr 18 Chastity Veasley 48

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages