Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#276313 Jan 12, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion in the first trimester has no circumstances in ALL states.
And that's the way it will likely ALWAYS rightfully be.

Fortunately, medical technology is advancing to where women wont have to put themselves into positions to be harassed by the "pro-life" crazies...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276315 Jan 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I have no issue stating I'd MUCH rather my taxes go to preventing unwanted pregnancies than pay for welfare.
I've adopted one of those kids. She's turned into a remarkable woman, but she's sadly, an exception to the rule. Too many kids like my daugher was, will "age out" of the foster care system, and enter lives uneducated, with no "forver family" to care for them ....
Its too sad. My daughter was different ONLY in that her mom loved her very much but passed away from cancer. She ended up in foster care when she was 8 after being abused by her father, and thankfully - a prudent and observant teacher saw what was going on. I adopted her from being her foster mother at age 11.
Yes. I'd rather my tax dollars go to PREVENTING unwanted pregnancies than to pay for the usual horror stories of too damn many kids that end up in the system with indifferent foster families, going from family to family until they age out.
I was just wondering if this was something you said recently or awhile ago.
bman

Commack, NY

#276316 Jan 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLPMPLMFAO!!!!!!!!
How EXACTLY is someone a threat to socitey IN incarciration?
Actually moron, people have escaped from prison and killed people. If they have a potential of doing that in prison or outside of prison, it is the society's duty to protect themselves, even if it means, unfortunately, putting someone to death. It should be a last resort. You sound like a big hypocrite to be for abortion but against the death penalty. I'm generally against both.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#276317 Jan 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Teens today? Prob not, but many older folks were born to teen moms. Most abortions don't come from teens anyway. Most come from older women, that use their right to go to bars and have one night stands, then want to get rid of the "problem ",but abortion is not their main problem -sin is, which is all our main problem.
Jesus made a painful way, for us to escape OUR sin debt, but most enjoy their sin, and want nothing to do with true Love.)
You're an idiot who talks out of your arse and thinks that your opinion equals facts. You're shown yourself to be uneducated when it comes to this topic. You're entirely full of feces for jesus.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/me...

"Women age 20-24 had the highest abortion rate of any age group, 39.9 per 1,000, followed by ages 18-19 at 34.7 per 1,000 and ages 25-29 at 28.6. The lowest rate was among women 40 and over, with 3.2 per 1,000. The abortion rate for teens ages 15-17 declined 22% from 14.6 to 11.3."

Try againm, dimwit.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#276318 Jan 12, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Life of the mother, I believe should be allowed for abortion. Although I would personally perfer adoption for rape and incest, we'll let the Supreme Court and government decide that. I'm on the fence with exceptions for rape and incest. But every other reason should be illegal. If it is illegal, the PERSON PERFORMING IT should be charged, NOT THE WOMAN. In this country you can have an abortion for an adreniline rush. Would you let a woman have an abortion just for fun? Because you can do that here. Now for women who can't afford the child, just give up the child for adoption. It wouldn't hurt to give the child to someone who wants to care for it. Right? It's better to be in a foster home and live life instead of not being the chance to live at all. Some people will have a hard life. Just accept it. Abortion won't make anything better or solve the problem.
Thanks for hinting that you would want 9-12 years old to have and carry a child against their will. Thankfully, we're not bound by your absurd opinion.

Location hidden

#276319 Jan 12, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually moron, people have escaped from prison and killed people.
So you advocate the death penalty because they MIGHT escape and kill people?

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !
If they have a potential of doing that in prison or outside of prison, it is the society's duty to protect themselves, even if it means, unfortunately, putting someone to death.
EVERY PERSON IN PRISON HAS THE ***POTENTIAL** to escape and kill someone. OR to be RELEASED and kill people. So by YOUR "logic", we should just KILL EVERYONE IN PRISON because they have the "potential" to escape and kill people.

@@ ROFPMPLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Y'all are a HOOT!!

Location hidden

#276320 Jan 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just wondering if this was something you said recently or awhile ago.
I knew that, and figured you knew, but its easy to miss currently ongoing posts with the time difference between posting and it actually showing up! LOL! S'all good!
worships reality

AOL

#276324 Jan 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What woman? Ink?
not unless ink's name is kathy.
you been banging back a few jamesons tonight?
worships reality

AOL

#276326 Jan 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for hinting that you would want 9-12 years old to have and carry a child against their will. Thankfully, we're not bound by your absurd opinion.
"we're" not bound ? you a 9-12 year old girl?
Gtown71

United States

#276329 Jan 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot who talks out of your arse and thinks that your opinion equals facts. You're shown yourself to be uneducated when it comes to this topic. You're entirely full of feces for jesus.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/me...
"Women age 20-24 had the highest abortion rate of any age group, 39.9 per 1,000, followed by ages 18-19 at 34.7 per 1,000 and ages 25-29 at 28.6. The lowest rate was among women 40 and over, with 3.2 per 1,000. The abortion rate for teens ages 15-17 declined 22% from 14.6 to 11.3."
Try againm, dimwit.
So let me get you straight.

I say that teens are Not the biggest users of abortion, but older women "older then teens ",and you say I'm uneducated, yet you back up what I just said with facts???

Thanks O great sage.
worships reality

AOL

#276331 Jan 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that teens are Not the biggest users of abortion, but older women "older then teens ",and you say I'm uneducated, yet you back up what I just said with facts???
Thanks O great sage.
fecal face accused you of talking through your arse when you said most abortion weren't done on teens. he then provides stats that show non teens are responsible for 65.3% of abortions.
fecal face needs to pick those stray pices of corn out of his bicuspids.

Location hidden

#276332 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2011, Planned Parenthood executed more babies then they have in history.
PP has NEVER "executed" a single baby.

Now you're just into outright lying land No Revlevance.

No shocker there. LOL!

Location hidden

#276333 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the preborn baby moves away from the life-threatening abortion weapon.
You're not a very bright fella.
Except the zygote, embryo or fetus does NOTHING of the kind. You're simply full of shit.

Of course I'm not a very bright fella.

But I'm an EXTREMELY bright lesbian. More intelligent than YOU will EVER be No Relevance!

LOL

Location hidden

#276335 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyakaNeo: "This makes no sense. mtDNA says you're incorrect."
Are you and your mom the same human being? Yes or no?
He/she (the poster) is not a zygote, embryo or fetus. At the time he/she was? Yes, they were PART of the same woman.

Location hidden

#276336 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose beating heart is the smaller one in a pregnant mother?
Doesnt matter. THey're PART of the same human being - that of the woman doing the gestating.

Sorry No Relevance, that's the SCIENTIFIC FACT! LOL

Location hidden

#276337 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
My biological grandmother gave my mom up for adoption. I thought you were "prochoice"....
You're grandmother wasn't likely given the luxury of CHOICE No Relevance. She was of an era where she was FORCED to gestate.

Clearly she wanted NOTHING to do with the faulty sperm she was forced to deal with.

.....even sluts like your granny should have freedom of CHOICE.

Location hidden

#276338 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: After your biological mom died, your dad no longer wanted to be your dad....so he gave you up for adoption. That said, what were YOU saying about my biological grandmother not "bothering to care for her spawn, instead getting rid of it as fast as she could"?
Just wondering........
My father was fighting a war in another country. He recognized his inabilty to raise a child, so he arranged for me to be adopted through his friend ... my father.

He was certainly part of my life - willingly, and with the acceptance of my parents. I was fortunate to be raised knowing how great my birth mother AND father were. However, the people that raised me were my PARENTS.

I not only respect his CHOICE, I applaud it as my adoptive parents ROCKED!

Your grandma on the other hand.......

And your father... nowhere in the picture.....

Location hidden

#276339 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Klueless Katie: "Do you know the stats of children put up for adoption only to be abused and/or killed?"
Do you know the stats of the preborn children put up for abortion? every one is killed.
Did you have a point, Klueless Katie?
Sure she has a point.

NO preborn chilren are put up for adoption, because they weren't wanted.

GOOD for their gestating mothers to make the responsible decision, rather than force the likes of more YOU'S into this world - worthless pieces of shit.

Awww, wassamatta No Relevance, you're not only suffering from extreme jealousy about those of us adopted into LOVING families, but you're pissy that you'll NEVER know such openess and love.

Poor lil thang.........
worships reality

AOL

#276341 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Klueless Katie: "Do you know the stats of children put up for adoption only to be abused and/or killed?"
Do you know the stats of the preborn children put up for abortion? every one is killed.
Did you have a point, Klueless Katie?
katie's point is clear. we can't be blinded by the kids that do find a loving home. as long as some of them end up killed or abused, we must kill all of them so we don't have to worry about any of them.
katie's logic is airtight. sort of like her head.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#276345 Jan 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks O great sage.
You're the idiot claiming "older women" are getting the most abortions and I showed you the reports statistics. I guess you think women in their early 20s are "older women".

Try again, johnnycakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 52,999
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,223,644
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,782
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! 5 hr manny 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Tom Waits 19,885
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... 15 hr weatherfieldguy112 1
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sat cdonald18 35
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]