Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314297 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#276049 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
{As to his comment about what newspapers called the Peterson "baby", I provided a document that was about a law made which states "unborn baby" and "human being" }
Mistyped a word: "I provided a document that was about a law made which states ["unborn child"] and "human being"}
Nobody cared the first time you spammed the board with this shit Lynniekins. Or the second, or the third, or the 14th....@@
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276050 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
They each make bullshit claims that they can't substantiate with any proof.
We make claims we can substantiate. They hate that about us. akes them look even more ignorant than their own posts have done.
Tne Times magazone had a cover story about how the abortion issue is moving more and more pro-life. They didn't call the folks we deal with here, "pro-choice". They correectly refer to them as "abortion-rights" people. Fiercely pro abortion rights!

We all know thta to be true. They play with the word choice but what they reallhy drop their panties for is "Abortion-Rights".

It is the only term that really defiens these radical proabortion pagans.
bman

Commack, NY

#276051 Jan 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
1) http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...
2) BIID is a mental disorder; not wanting to be pregnant is not. In many cases, BIID can be treated. There have been some severe cases in which patients been able to find doctor a who will remove the limb or part. I have no problem with this, since the alternative in such cases is usually suicide.
3) If a fetus is part of her body, she clearly has the right to do with it as she wants. If it is not, she clearly has the right to remove it from her
body. Try again.
<quoted text>
Ignoring the fact that you would allow a woman to remove a limb from her body instead of getting her professional help, let me give you some common sense. Since you can't determine whether or not a fetus isn't seperate from the mother's body means that you don't know simple logic. The FETUS (unlike the heart, brain, etc) has a seperate DNA, has it's own blood and organs, is only in the body temporarily (usually for about 9 months) If it is part of the woman's body then it would be the only bodypart to come outside of the mother and live and breathe on his or her own. If not, then that would mean that the fetus has a right to LIFE. Just like you and I were given. You want us pro-lifers to leave a "woman's choice" alone? Then how about start by leaving the fetus alone?!
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276052 Jan 11, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
And you really think an ADA could get a conviction for Fetal Homicide if the perp hurts mom and mom is in the waiting room of an abortion clinic, just about to walk in to have the abortion? Doc, don't be stupid.
<quoted text>
Cherry picking again, huh? Love how you only copied the word "true."
<quoted text>
Actually no. It only sounds different. My comment was that FHLs exist for one purpose only; to protect a woman's right to carry a pregnancy to term. You said that they exist to seek criminal penalties for the unborn and without them, no such criminal penalty can be sought. And you're wrong.
What's the crux of any given subject if not the very reason for why they exist? How many core reasons you think there are for the existence of FHLs?
<quoted text>
So it's fair to say that you're approaching the issue of FHLs from an emotional stance and not an objective stance?
<quoted text>
I never miss the point Doc. My livelihood depends on me never missing the point.
In what specific case? I don't recall we discussing any specific case.
The core purpose of laws is to deter behavior that is not conducive to foster the standards of decent society and prevent negative repercussions. It's the very reason why there are laws such as those against smoking in school grounds; such as school speed zones; such as construction speed zones.
Do you realize that in Florida, as I'm sure it may very well be in other jurisdictions; speeding fines in a school zone, and in a construction zone when workers are present are doubled?
Do you also realize that in Florida, as I'm sure is similar in other jurisdictions, you can't get a fine for speeding when you're traveling 5 MPH over the speed limit, or less, and that such does not exist in school zones and construction zones when workers are present?
Why do you think that is; to zap the speeder with a double fine, or to protect the kids' and the workers' rights to feel safe on the job or on their way to and from school, and to DETER adversities from happening?
It doesn't mean that adversities won't happen, but at least there is a mechanism to punish those who cause them, if they happen. But the, again, the punishment is merely the effect. The cause for that effect is the rights we have to be safe at work, or at school, or on the way to or from school.
Bullshit, Mr. "atorney". You know damn well depending on the state, a good DA would prosecute that case regardless of the mothers intentions and he would get a conviction against the person who killed the unborn child. A drunken driver kills a pregnant woman and her unobrn child the Da gets a conviction for both even if she was driving to an abortionarium. Dispite your strong abortion rights stance, that is the way it is.

You know that if you are a "lawyer", the rest is just your usuial peacocking to impress the pagan proabort broads. Why work so hard they drop their drawers for an ice cream cone.
Why do you think they all left the Chrisitian Faith.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276053 Jan 11, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, not everything in medicine, or life for that matter, is that demarcated.
Theoretically speaking, a fetus having only a 49% ability to survive outside the womb is NOT viable given the 50% standard. Agree? Good.
Do you think a doctor is NOT going to act in an abundance of caution and administer medical assistance to help the fetus reach the 50% mark, especially when he/she, in the light most conservative of his/her medical training, knows that there is no EXACT measure of when viability is at precisely 50%?
Medicine is not an exact science because the human body isn't an exact "mechanism."
8 months ago I underwent surgery to repair what a 2 day old MRI, stated it was a "slight" rotator cuff tear. When the surgeon went in arthroscopically, which he believe would be able to do with no issues, he found the tear was major and ended up having to discontinue arthroscopic surgery and do incisive surgery. I ended up with 6 titanium anchors and 3 stitches to repair a major rotator cuff tear, and labral tissue repair, the latter of which didn't show in the MRI. My doctor said I'd be lucky if I recovered 80% of my range of motion on that shoulder.
Today, thanks to the fact that I had the best physical therapy physician in the world - my wife, I have 99.9% of my range of motion back. My shoulder is a little temperamental at times, but it isn't more painful than when my rotator cuff was torn.
Point being, the human body has a canny way of healing itself. Medicine only aids in that enterprise. A person with walking pneumonia may not need antibiotics to rid him/herself of the condition.
Well anren't you just the most special little human speciment. Do you ever trip over your own bragadochio. You must just love this little coven of pagan chicks. Your wife know of your hobby?
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276055 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You PC seem to have a problem keeping food and drink in your mouths. You people "spew" on your monitors often.
Yes they do. It is part of their "lifestyle" choice. Kathy is off the site most of the time because he can't keep it in his mouth. At least that is what Cpeter says.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276056 Jan 11, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a fertilized egg is equal to a person.
Clearly, you do. You've said so as long as I've read your posts.
So, what would you do with the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for? You value those "human lifes" no differently than any person. In fact, to you, they are people whose development is on "pause". Is there an obligation to "unpause" them?
The least you should do is,"no harm"
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276057 Jan 11, 2013
Jeb Wilson wrote:
you people are sick man. hell man keep your legs closed and you wouldnt be talkin about this man. you beat this horse long enough bro or is it ho.
They don't know how. That is why they are pagan chicks. Their idea of birth control is backdoor johnies.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276058 Jan 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
It's devolved into calling people chicken, folks!
We've reached a new moral high point of this thread.
Bravo everyone.
I pictured Ink going in circles flapping her elbows shrieking "bawk bawk BAWK!"
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276059 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "NR benefits from bodily autonomy. I asked why he didn't think women should benefit from same. And then I asked why shouldn't pregnant women benefit from bodily autonomy. He has yet to respond. As of now, I'd believe NR is quite willing to discriminate against pregnant women."
As Sto pointed out yesterday, pregnancy is not discrimination.
Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy. It is women who were designed to be able to carry newly-created human beings in their wombs.
That said, your bodily autonomy ends where another human being's body begins. A preborn baby existing in a pregnant mother's womb is how procreation was designed. Again (as Sto concurred), pregnancy is not discrimination.
Did your mom not discuss where babies come from? Ya moron ya?
"That said, your bodily autonomy ends where another human being's body begins."

Why you calling me a moron? You just proved me right. Your excuse or justification is pretty lame, though. And of course my discussed where babies come from. I grew up on a farm you name-caller. Saw canine and taurine sex before kindergarten.

Walked in on parents when I was 14 -- scarred for life.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#276060 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
STO: "Making smoking illegal for women only would be. Fact."
The differentiating characteristic/factor between a woman and a pregnant woman is pregnancy - not womanhood.
And, as you noted yesterday, pregnancy is not discrimination.
Keep chipping away....you're getting warmer..........
I'm clear on you position. You would discriminate against women because they are pregnant. You would see laws passed that cemented that discrimination. You would not extend the same infringment of civil rights to fathers-to-be.

Illegal for pregnant women to smoke.
Legal for fathers-to-be to smoke.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276061 Jan 11, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think that after all this time that we know each other posting styles. What words or sentences are used most often..
**shakes head**
It is no use I know. Still I hope those people will one day realize just want a bunch of moronic fools they make of themselves here by pulling this lame stunt.
These fundies certainly know how to put on a good clown show. Sassy swings between enraged meltdowns and horny flirtations, which is funny. And I like how she keeps writing as other people from NY who just happen to agree with everything she usually posts. <snicker> She's hilarious. Especially when she does her gagging on a penis thing..."ah gagagaga". Nothing like imitating giving a bejay... LMAO!!!
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276062 Jan 11, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> The whole nation mourned Laci and baby "Connor".
Baby Conner was a "useless wad of cells"...a" zef"...."a product of conception"....according to theabortion apologists here. Why did they even mention "it"?
Was "it" on the same level as Laci?
Oddly enough, he was (to them).
Go figure.
You can't even follow simple parameters. But you want to run other women's lives?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276063 Jan 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
and where is that my dear, sweet, sass?
A street corner. She's the bejay queen of Upstate. You can tell by all that gagging she does.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#276064 Jan 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
ARRGGG!! There is not enough brain bleach to undo that minds image ROFL..

Location hidden

#276065 Jan 11, 2013
No Relevacne and Lynniekins, this is SPECIAL for the two of you. The sentiment anyway.

And while its aimed AT the twit twins, anyone that's a fan of Cee Lo Green will appreciate it.

http://sarcasticsarcasm.com/fck-you-sign-lang...

Location hidden

#276066 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
These fundies certainly know how to put on a good clown show. Sassy swings between enraged meltdowns and horny flirtations, which is funny. And I like how she keeps writing as other people from NY who just happen to agree with everything she usually posts. <snicker> She's hilarious. Especially when she does her gagging on a penis thing..."ah gagagaga". Nothing like imitating giving a bejay... LMAO!!!
ROFLMAO No kidding!!!

And then we have the sanctimonious sisters, Lynne and No Relevance, who are ONLY good at mutual masturbation.

.....and then there's Knut and Inkstain.....

Yeah well...... LOL

Location hidden

#276067 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Men can be shirtless on public beaches.
Women can't.
Get to work..........
You can be dickless, and nobody cares. LOL!
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#276068 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
When you can't get your way, call the other party a chicken! A true sign of tolerance and wisdom.

Location hidden

#276069 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep chewing on it.....you're getting closer......
She's TRYING No Relevance, but Skanky gag's even on your VIRTUAL semen....

See?
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Agagagagagagagagagaaa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,534,181
News Bridgeport man pleads guilty to offering teen f... 7 hr Samuels Furnace Man 6
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sat jowls humaway 71,287
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Ebby Steppach 21,035
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 19 Spotted Girl 95
News Bankruptcy Should Be A Last Resort For Struggli... May 18 America Gentleman... 1
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) May 16 SharkHunter 325

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages