Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,741
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#275874 Jan 11, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should have been more specific. That's why I thought you meant the whole statement was a lie. Try to think before you type next time.
HaHa!! YOu made my day. Prepare fot the wrath of the faux-jew, faux attorney. The pagan propaborts don't like to be called on their nonsense.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#275876 Jan 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no babies in a uterus. RvW doesn't talk about babies at all.
It DOES, however, say that a woman may terminate her pregnancy if that is her choice.
LOL, you're such a Drama Queen.
Bhitler: "There are no babies in a uterus"

You must not have gotten the memo: Katie is okay with prolifers calling those little human beings in the womb "babies."

Bhitler: "RvW doesn't talk about babies at all. It DOES, however, say that a woman may terminate her pregnancy if that is her choice."

But, here's the thing, Bhitler: You were blathering on and on about how a preborn baby can't suffer...so, it's okay to use a sharp curette to slice her up. I pointed out to you that "inability to suffer" was not a factor discussed in support of Roe v. Wade.

You respond to my point by saying Roe v. Wade doesn't mention babies?

Wow.

That was a weak comeback, even for you.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#275877 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you said if a newborn requires artificial life support upon birth, s/he was not considered "viable."
You intentionally changed my question ("When did I say the viable one NEEDED support?") in order to wiggle away from admitting you have changed your perspective.
Your view HAS evolved, but your fragile ego can't tolerate manning up to truth.
Pull up your mantyhose & grow up.
Tinker Bell is a backpedalling coward. If you need me to provide the proof of where he defined viability as the ability to survive WITHOUT medical assistance you let me know. I'll gladly oblige.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#275878 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How you get the above from my claim it doesn't matter what pregnant women call their ZEFs is beyond me. Take it up with your creative self, NR, and leave me out of it.
You suck at this.
Big time.
Out of respect for a majority of pregnant mothers who refer to the little human being in their womb as "baby," I'm only taking their lead.

It is you who gives these mothers the okay to call their little ones in utero "baby". How disrespectful of me to then turn around and refer to their preborn babies differently - in a non-clinical setting, no less.

I realize you've said that referring to preborn babies as "useless wads of cells" is not belittling to anyone. So, I understand how you might not 'get it'.

["No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833... ]

Carry on........

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#275879 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc: "cPeter, you make the statement that the Constitution applies only to U.S. citizens on U.S. soil and you have the balls to question anyone else's knowledge of the Constitution ?"
Hey, Doc, remember the time cPeter said newborns who require medical assistance are not considered viable?
He's a gift of stupidity that keeps on giving..........
I do remember. Did you see where Bitter claimed an infant could "reach" viability with medical assistance ?
How can a non viable infant "reach" viability when by definition a non viable infant cannot survive no matter what medical assistance is provided ? A fact she acknowledged later in the very same post.

You can't make up stupidity such as that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#275880 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhitler: "There are no babies in a uterus"
You must not have gotten the memo: Katie is okay with prolifers calling those little human beings in the womb "babies."
But, here's the thing, Bhitler: You were blathering on and on about how a preborn baby can't suffer...so, it's okay to use a sharp curette to slice her up. I pointed out to you that "inability to suffer" was not a factor discussed in support of Roe v. Wade.
You respond to my point by saying Roe v. Wade doesn't mention babies?
Wow.
That was a weak comeback, even for you.
No, merely the facts. YOU were the one who brought up RvW when it had nothing to do with what I was saying.

My position is my own, and has nothing to do with Katie's. Pro-choicers don't have the hive mind you fetus worshippers do. Deal with it, Drama Queen.

I too don't care what you call it, I will continue to correct you in my replies. Deal with that as well.

I have never said anything remotely like it being okay to slice up babies at all. Not my fault you couldn't understand the point.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275881 Jan 11, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Behaviorally speaking, there's little difference between a neonate and a 32-week-old fetus. A new wave of research suggests that the fetus can feel, dream, even enjoy The Cat in the Hat. The scene never fails to give goose bumps: the baby, just seconds old and still dewy from the womb, is lifted into the arms of its exhausted but blissful parents. They gaze adoringly as their new child stretches and squirms, scrunches its mouth and opens its eyes. To anyone watching this tender vignette, the message is unmistakable. Birth is the beginning of it all, ground zero, the moment from which the clock starts ticking. Not so, declares Janet DiPietro. Birth may be a grand occasion, says the Johns Hopkins University psychologist, but "it is a trivial event in development. Nothing neurologically interesting happens." Armed with highly sensitive and sophisticated monitoring gear, DiPietro and other researchers today are discovering that the real action starts weeks earlier. At 32 weeks of gestation - two months before a baby is considered fully prepared for the world, or "at term" - a fetus is behaving almost exactly as a neonate. And it continues to do so for the next 12 weeks. Electroencephalography suggests the capacity for functional pain perception in premature infants probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks. The fetus is not a little adult, and we should not expect it to look or act like one. Rather, it is a singular being with a life of the senses that is different, but no less real, than our own.
"Electroencephalography suggests the capacity for functional pain perception in premature infants probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks."

Yes, this info goes along with what I said. Be sure to remember that a "fetus is not a little adult".
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275882 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You do not think referring to a fetus as a "useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone. You said so yourself. Are you going to play some Katie game & deny you said it?
No, you needed to clarify it and you have.

I do not think someone referring, in general, to a stranger's unknown ZEF, as a "useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone.

The stranger is an unknown, as is the ZEF. And whatever that stranger determines her ZEF to be is what matters. Somebody else's opinion means squat. Even if that somebody else reveres the ZEF and refers to it as a baby or doesn't give it a second thought and refers to it as a "useless wad of cells."
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275883 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of respect for a majority of pregnant mothers who refer to the little human being in their womb as "baby," I'm only taking their lead.
It is you who gives these mothers the okay to call their little ones in utero "baby". How disrespectful of me to then turn around and refer to their preborn babies differently - in a non-clinical setting, no less.
I realize you've said that referring to preborn babies as "useless wads of cells" is not belittling to anyone. So, I understand how you might not 'get it'.
["No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833... ]
Carry on........
You realize it doesn't matter what other people call strangers' ZEFs, right? You realize you've made a mountain out of a molehill?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275884 Jan 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, merely the facts. YOU were the one who brought up RvW when it had nothing to do with what I was saying.
My position is my own, and has nothing to do with Katie's. Pro-choicers don't have the hive mind you fetus worshippers do. Deal with it, Drama Queen.
I too don't care what you call it, I will continue to correct you in my replies. Deal with that as well.
I have never said anything remotely like it being okay to slice up babies at all. Not my fault you couldn't understand the point.
He's weakly trying to divide and conquer. He can tell everyone I think it's cool to call a fetus a baby. Now if he can remember the criteria attached, I'd be surprised. In general talk, though, it has no impact on anyone. During debate, debators need to be using the same definitions or nothing gets anywhere.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275885 Jan 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Tinker Bell is a backpedalling coward. If you need me to provide the proof of where he defined viability as the ability to survive WITHOUT medical assistance you let me know. I'll gladly oblige.
Nobody is being a backpedaling coward. There's a distinction with viability you continue to overlook. CD touched on it when discussing the exchange of gases. You'd had a great opportunity there to see what has been said repeatedly. But you chose not to.

Baby's considered viable if it can handle at least 50% of the gas exchange on its own. Without assistance. That is the basic concept of viability.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#275886 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the OB thought you were a baby girl.
What a perfect example of your compliance with "bless those who curse you." Priceless!!

Whassamatta NR; you don't experience shrinkage when you step out naked in freezing weather? That's right, eunuchs don't have that problem.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275887 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "Pay attention. And stop inserting your own wacky ideas as if these are fact."
"There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
"I believe before the cord is cut...it is still technically a fetus." - Katie
"LIFE STARTS when the circulatory system starts on its own and can support life WITHOUT AN UMBILICAL CORD...Until then that 'child's life' is nonexistent." - Katie
Yes, and ...?

Are you going to label these and provide context or just leave them all as non sequiturs?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#275888 Jan 11, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Putting your sexist slurs and personal attacks, which have nothing to with the subject, aside. All young people lack sentience untill a certain level of maturity. How can a characteristic that all young people have not be normal for young people? Bigot
A level you've not yet reached.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#275889 Jan 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie VDS: If by chance Roe were to be overturned, you would see overpopulation
^^^ Katie & abortion as form of population control ^^^
Katie VDS: "Roe v Wade protects women's civil rights to bodily autonomy and personal privacy."
What about your granddaughter's rights when you convinced her mom (your daughter) to kill her by abortion? You left her out of the conversation. Again.
What rights did her "granddaughter" have? Name one that's supported by the constitution. Name one that's expressly supported by the bible.

Go on.

BTW, the book of No Relevance, Chapter 3, verse 16, does not count.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#275890 Jan 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I missed the part of RvW that gave you any right to interfere with a woman's reproductive choices--or even know a woman is pregnant.
<quoted text>
So you missed the part of RvW about viability. Figures.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275891 Jan 11, 2013
zef wrote:
Electroencephalography suggests the capacity for functional pain perception in premature infants probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks.
No pain perceived prior to 29-30 gestational weeks. Yep. That is part of the science being ignored while states rush to push out fetal pain laws.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#275892 Jan 11, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights violations are everyones business, even if human rights violations are medical decisions.
Unethical medical experimentation carried out during the Third Reich may be divided into three categories. The first category consists of experiments aimed at facilitating the survival of Axis military personnel. In Dachau, physicians from the German air force and from the German Experimental Institution for Aviation conducted high-altitude experiments, using a low-pressure chamber, to determine the maximum altitude from which crews of damaged aircraft could parachute to safety. Scientists there carried out so-called freezing experiments using prisoners to find an effective treatment for hypothermia. They also used prisoners to test various methods of making seawater potable.
The second category of experimentation aimed at developing and testing pharmaceuticals and treatment methods for injuries and illnesses which German military and occupation personnel encountered in the field. At the German concentration camps of Sachsenhausen, Dachau, Natzweiler, Buchenwald, and Neuengamme, scientists tested immunization compounds and sera for the prevention and treatment of contagious diseases, including malaria, typhus, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, yellow fever, and infectious hepatitis. The Ravensbrueck camp was the site of bone-grafting experiments and experiments to test the efficacy of newly developed sulfa (sulfanilamide) drugs. At Natzweiler and Sachsenhausen, prisoners were subjected to phosgene and mustard gas in order to test possible antidotes.
The third category of medical experimentation sought to advance the racial and ideological tenets of the Nazi worldview. The most infamous were the experiments of Josef Mengele at Auschwitz. Mengele conducted medical experiments on twins. He also directed serological experiments on Roma (Gypsies), as did Werner Fischer at Sachsenhausen, in order to determine how different "races" withstood various contagious diseases. The research of August Hirt at Strasbourg University also intended to establish "Jewish racial inferiority."
Other gruesome experiments meant to further Nazi racial goals were a series of sterilization experiments, undertaken primarily at Auschwitz and Ravensbrueck. There, scientists tested a number of methods in their effort to develop an efficient and inexpensive procedure for the mass sterilization of Jews, Roma, and other groups Nazi leaders considered to be racially or genetically undesirable.
"Human rights violations are everyones business, even if human rights violations are medical decisions."

Not when the medical decision are those made by the patient and especially when there isn't a "human rights" violation involved.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#275893 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is being a backpedaling coward. There's a distinction with viability you continue to overlook. CD touched on it when discussing the exchange of gases. You'd had a great opportunity there to see what has been said repeatedly. But you chose not to.
Baby's considered viable if it can handle at least 50% of the gas exchange on its own. Without assistance. That is the basic concept of viability.
Katie: "Baby's considered viable if it can handle at least 50% of the gas exchange on its own. Without assistance. That is the basic concept of viability."

That is abject, unmitigated bullshit.

It is because of morons like you (not a baby until cord cut....not a baby until 48 hours after birth to allow the brain to develop more...blah blah...) and cPeter (a newborn is not viable if requires medical assistance to survive) that the Born Alive Infant Protection Act (BAIPA) was signed into law (2002). The government had to spell it out for ignoramuses like you.

Learn more.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#275894 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No pain perceived prior to 29-30 gestational weeks. Yep. That is part of the science being ignored while states rush to push out fetal pain laws.
Katie: "No pain perceived prior to 29-30 gestational weeks. Yep. That is part of the science being ignored while states rush to push out fetal pain laws."

The reason it's being ignored is because it is outdated. Contemporary science says pain perception as early as 20 weeks gestation...and likely sooner.

Keep up.

As science continues to progress, you'll be exposed even more for the evil baby-killing rodent you are.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min smfh 1,172,027
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min IBdaMann 50,194
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Observer 19,589
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 18 hr johnt944 15
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr scirocco 69,016
50 Cent Testifies In Hartford Court In Suit Aga... (Jun '09) 20 hr Takneesha Copeland 139
More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Fri TJC 282

Blizzard Warning for Hartford County was issued at January 25 at 3:58PM EST

Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:08 pm PST