Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
259,081 - 259,100 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275752 Jan 10, 2013
"Common knowledge" means "crap I just made up." Creation is an opinion not supported by facts. The fact is that most women CAN get pregnant, not that they have any obligation to become so or staying so.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It is common knowledge that by the nature of mankind's creation, women were created to carry offspring within their womb (i.e. pregnancy).
Unless mankind is "re-created," the fact will remain regardless if you like it or not.
Pregnancy is not discrimination. Pregnancy is a normal part of what it is to be human.
The wheels for your line of reasoning have slipped off the tracks. You haven't yet grasped common knowledge.
Tighten it up.
You're embarrassing.

Indianapolis

#275753 Jan 10, 2013
Utterly ridiculous. You have no capacity for determining what a "real" feminist is. The possible gender of the fetus is irrelevant.
No Relativism wrote:
True feminists first seek to protect the most vulnerable females - those in the womb.
Fake feminists go after and kill the most vulnerable females.
It's not irony....it's hypocritical dumbassery.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275754 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You, luckily, missed the creepfest from some of the PLers here trying to compare the tragedy in Newtown to women's civil rights. It was pathetic and disgusting.
Eh? How to make that stretch...?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275755 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of life does a person really have without sentience? Unconscious? Comatose? Completely vulnerable to those around them without any knowledge what may be happening to them or around them. And no way to protect themselves.
You'd wish that upon yourself? Upon others?
Wish upon myself? What does that mean? Is that some sort of terrorist threat? We all lack sentience while we are young. Lacking sentience is perfectly normal for young people, and all young people lack sentience. Which is what we are discussing. The fact that you kill young people because their lack of sentience, even though the only thing preventing young people from maturing and having sentience is you killing them.

Indianapolis

#275756 Jan 10, 2013
Gerbil jokes? Are you in junior high...or do you make kid's jokes to pick up dates?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "When I was 4, my goldfish died. My siblings held a funeral."
Fifty years later, when a gerbil drops out dead you have a funeral.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275757 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true, I don't equate 4000 fertilized eggs with twenty 6 and 7 yr olds.
Your crass ageist bigotry is a blight upon humanity.

Indianapolis

#275758 Jan 10, 2013
The reasons a woman abort are none of your business.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep the reasons for wanting an abortion a big secret? There's nothing to be ashamed of afterall and everyone around you should be proud that you're a person who always makes good decisions. You're incapable of making a bad decision.
Gtown71

United States

#275759 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever they call it.
Would you expect a woman who miscarries at 2 months gestation to mourn the miscarriage no differently than she would the death of her 5 yr old?
Would you think it strange if she didn't mourn the miscarriage?
I would think that a woman would mourn either, but would also think the death of a five year old would be far worse.
I was just curious, if they would consider it a baby, if it died in the womb?

Atleast you tried to answer the question.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275760 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You, luckily, missed the creepfest from some of the PLers here trying to compare the tragedy in Newtown to women's civil rights. It was pathetic and disgusting.
Even though women think they have the right to shoot people in the head for disputing their beliefs, they don't. Shooting people in the head, because what they have to say diputes your beliefs, is terrorism and illegal.
When Do We Discuss Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one so warped, so twisted, so in love with what is truly such ignorant bullshit as religion that has clearly made left you with absolute shit for brains could muster such a truly ignorant statement.
What really needs to be done is to have ignorant pieces of shit like you castrated.
But I would prefer just two bullets fired directly into your head. Using a high powered rifle in your case as the explosion of shit once the bullets hit would be way too much if done close range.
You truly have an interchangeable mouth and asshole.
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/abortion/TCBAPB86ETS6TIBDG/p 125
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275762 Jan 10, 2013
Women don't have the right to shoot people in the head for diputing their beliefs. People have the right to freedom of speech even if women disagree with what they have to say.
When Do We Discuss Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one so warped, so twisted, so in love with what is truly such ignorant bullshit as religion that has clearly made left you with absolute shit for brains could muster such a truly ignorant statement.
What really needs to be done is to have ignorant pieces of shit like you castrated.
But I would prefer just two bullets fired directly into your head. Using a high powered rifle in your case as the explosion of shit once the bullets hit would be way too much if done close range.
You truly have an interchangeable mouth and asshole.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TCBA...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#275763 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't be purposely misleading here and forget to mention this author is writing about CHINA would you?
http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2011/05/9903/pressur...

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#275764 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
True feminists first seek to protect the most vulnerable females - those in the womb.

Fake feminists go after and kill the most vulnerable females.

It's not irony....it's hypocritical dumbassery.
Coming from you, who's a non-feminist that's the same as you knowing what child birth feels when you're a eunuch.
Gtown71

United States

#275765 Jan 10, 2013
Ny
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think JM is a bored housewife. I think she has several different SNs. And I think she shares these with other bored housewives. Still, a part of me hopes I'm wrong.
I've been called by many names on this post, but have only used Gtown71.
I geuss I have written things that are close /same as others, but it is just great minds think alike :)
The funny thing is, that my initals are JM.

I have never read the others stuff, but I have not read many post on here.
I started late in the game.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#275766 Jan 10, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>For the same reasons that any medical information is kept confidential. There are a number... do some reading, dear. The most common reason and one that even the most ignorant person should understand is that it's nobody's business. Any normal person wouldn't expect a reason or be interested in prying into another person's personal business. Why do you think you have a right to know a person's private medical matters? Que mitotiendo.
No one asked anyone if they had a gender selection abortion. They asked your opinion on the subject.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#275767 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>You must first show that pregnancy is discrimination before saying laws addressing pregnancy (i.e. protecting the baby in the womb) is discrimination.

Pregnancy is how mankind was created to procreate. It's natural and normal.

Proving that pregnancy is an existential discriminatory state won't happen. Our Creator would have to be the one charged with discrimination.(Good luck with that)

Pregancy "is"....it's just as mankind was created for it to be.
Not true. You're totally out in left field with your f*cked up argument.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275768 Jan 10, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though women think they have the right to shoot people in the head for disputing their beliefs, they don't. Shooting people in the head, because what they have to say diputes your beliefs, is terrorism and illegal.
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TCBA...
What the ...?

This has nothing to do with what Sto and I were discussing.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275769 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Ny<quoted text>
I've been called by many names on this post, but have only used Gtown71.
I geuss I have written things that are close /same as others, but it is just great minds think alike :)
The funny thing is, that my initals are JM.
I have never read the others stuff, but I have not read many post on here.
I started late in the game.
:)
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275770 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
Yes, the link I supplied yesterday discussed gender selection in countries like China and India. And now you've provided more material confirming it. Thanks.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275772 Jan 10, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish upon myself? What does that mean? Is that some sort of terrorist threat? We all lack sentience while we are young. Lacking sentience is perfectly normal for young people, and all young people lack sentience. Which is what we are discussing. The fact that you kill young people because their lack of sentience, even though the only thing preventing young people from maturing and having sentience is you killing them.
Lacking sentience is not perfectly normal for young people. Don't accuse me of what you imagine inside your own head, man.
bman

Commack, NY

#275773 Jan 10, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. You're totally out in left field with your f*cked up argument.
Actually he (or she) is right on this one. Pregnancy is meant for creation. It's how you, I and everyone else on the planet exists because of pregnancy. If you disagree please amuse me and explain how else humans are created. The stork? I guess pro-"choice" people can't hide the fact that they THEMSELVES were the fetus in the womb. It's true my friend, you didn't just show up and appear, you and your biological mother had to go through the 9 months of pregnancy. If it was her body, then I guess you were once a bodypart or something? Sounds kind of outlandish my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,100,230
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Truthforthought 18,871
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,369
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 16 hr Sir Samuel 20
Find all students who are in Hartford Thu Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search