Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309876 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#275733 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the answers I've given are not forthcoming or honest? I supplied a link from Huffington Post showing how Planned Parenthood responded to the "investigation" by liveaction. I showed where they fired the employee who'd been "investigated" or as I see it, set up, because she did not respond appropriately. And I showed another link explaining the sex-selection that does take place in the states is done by those from OTHER countries/cultures. Meaning American women aren't out there using sex-selection to abort female ZEFs.
What more do you need to know other than I don't believe sex-selection is an issue in this country? That the representative crying wolf about it is using circular logic -- as I pointed out the other day?

This claim is made by a pro choice femminist

As “pro-choice” feminist author Mara Hvistendahl details in her critically acclaimed book,“Unnatural Selection: Choosing Boys Over Girls, and the Consequences of a World Full of Men”:

Sex selection remains mostly invisible, however, a more pervasive and yet quieter epidemic, observed only by demographers scrutinizing birth registration records years after the fact—and, of course, by the hundreds of millions of people who live or will live in communities where women are scarce.
Hvistendahl concluded that sex-selection worldwide, through a “combination of ultrasound and abortion ... has claimed over 160 million potential women and girls—in Asia alone.” She noted by comparison,“AIDS has claimed an estimated 25 million people worldwide—a mere fraction of the number of missing females.” Yet, sex-selection “remains mostly invisible
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#275734 Jan 10, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ugh, that woman is always angry. I'm glad she has us to vent upon. Maybe her family is spared her wrath.
Elise: Maybe her family is spared her wrath.

Your daughter wasn't spared yours.

And.

You have said you're not sorry for killing her.

And.

You spend your time promoting more babies being killed by their mothers.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275735 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered how our eastcoast friends were doing. Chicky lived in CT, so I've been concerned if she was near or knew anyone near Newtown.
Glad to hear La is okay.
My concern, too, Sto.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275736 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As “pro-choice” feminist author Mara Hvistendahl details in her critically acclaimed book,“Unnatural Selection: Choosing Boys Over Girls, and the Consequences of a World Full of Men”:
Sex selection remains mostly invisible, however, a more pervasive and yet quieter epidemic, observed only by demographers scrutinizing birth registration records years after the fact—and, of course, by the hundreds of millions of people who live or will live in communities where women are scarce.
Hvistendahl concluded that sex-selection worldwide, through a “combination of ultrasound and abortion ... has claimed over 160 million potential women and girls—in Asia alone.” She noted by comparison,“AIDS has claimed an estimated 25 million people worldwide—a mere fraction of the number of missing females.” Yet, sex-selection “remains mostly invisible
You wouldn't be purposely misleading here and forget to mention this author is writing about CHINA would you?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#275737 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What about when their little arms and legs are sucked off or when hit with burning saline?
Did you even bother to read either of our posts? Saline? What decade are we in? Arms and sucked off? When are the vast majority of abortions performed? I know you can't argue with anything but histrionics, but you need to know that no one with an education takes you seriously, darlin'
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#275738 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess in your fantasy-owned world, every single pregnancy would result in a the birth of a child.

Unfortunately, God doesn't appear to let that happen.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275739 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep the reasons for wanting an abortion a big secret? There's nothing to be ashamed of afterall and everyone around you should be proud that you're a person who always makes good decisions. You're incapable of making a bad decision.
Feel free to give up your personal privacy.

You do understand what privacy is regarding medical issues, right? How your business is yours, not the gov't's, not the clergy's, and not the nosy parkers of the world (like you).

Atrisco Village

#275740 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep the reasons for wanting an abortion a big secret? There's nothing to be ashamed of afterall and everyone around you should be proud that you're a person who always makes good decisions. You're incapable of making a bad decision.
For the same reasons that any medical information is kept confidential. There are a number... do some reading, dear. The most common reason and one that even the most ignorant person should understand is that it's nobody's business. Any normal person wouldn't expect a reason or be interested in prying into another person's personal business. Why do you think you have a right to know a person's private medical matters? Que mitotiendo.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#275741 Jan 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine what? You're MORONIC hypothetical that has NO basis in reality? No mother is having their child ripped apart while in a coma you dunce.
And YES Lynnie, I know you're now making the claim that this is what's happening during an abortion. But since zygotes, embryo's and fetus's dont have the capacity to trust, it makes your post just moronic.
For example - and this is using YOUR "logic":
Its a shame that your "children" couldn't trust YOU enough while they were in that condition, to have you protect them, and at least two of them ended up as fetal floaters in a toilet.
You didn't rip them apart, but you certainly sent them for a dip in some cold water, and the poor things couldn't even swim.....
<quoted text>
Well we KNOW You couldn't be trusted.
<quoted text>
And you're a living example of that at LEAST three times over.
<quoted text>
And YOUR insentient Tic Tac's were fished out of a toilet, because they couldn't trust mommy to care for them properly. Funny how that works huh?
FooManSpew: "And Lily, YOUR insentient Tic Tac's were fished out of a toilet, because they couldn't trust mommy to care for them properly. Funny how that works huh?"

Gays & lesbians wonder why they have a hard time getting others to "tolerate" them, when they have the tolerance level of filthy swine. Over 90% of homosexuals don't even tolerate the most helpless & innocent amongh us. As your fellow homosexual friend cPeter put it, ya'll wanna "flush 'em down the toilet".

Good luck getting support for your life of debauchery.

Oh, and, let up on your demand for tolerance. You don't give tolerance, so..........

..........Funny how that works huh?

Atrisco Village

#275742 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to give up your personal privacy.
You do understand what privacy is regarding medical issues, right? How your business is yours, not the gov't's, not the clergy's, and not the nosy parkers of the world (like you).
That poor ignorant oaf is lucky that others care about the protection of his privacy. He's too stupid to understand what I means.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275743 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, STO is soooooo concerned about Newtown. Yet, he doesn't bat an eye to the 4,000 babies aborted today alone in this country.
What a hypocritical moron. His priorities & emotions are like dreadlocks....tangled & dirty.
It's true, I don't equate 4000 fertilized eggs with twenty 6 and 7 yr olds.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275744 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You must first show that pregnancy is discrimination before saying laws addressing pregnancy (i.e. protecting the baby in the womb) is discrimination.
Pregnancy is how mankind was created to procreate. It's natural and normal.
Proving that pregnancy is an existential discriminatory state won't happen. Our Creator would have to be the one charged with discrimination.(Good luck with that)
Pregancy "is"....it's just as mankind was created for it to be.
"You must first show that pregnancy is discrimination before saying laws addressing pregnancy (i.e. protecting the baby in the womb) is discrimination."

That's like saying "you must first show that race is discrimination before saying laws addressing race (i.e. segregating blacks from whites) is discrimination."

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#275745 Jan 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>Please refrain from gratuitous name calling.
We reserve the right to remove any post we determine to be inappropriate.
We have another horse's ass in our midst.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275746 Jan 10, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Or read the same script..**shrugs** it has to be one the two.. Either running in the same circle of friends or reading the same material.
Cause the third alternative is that two random people showing up with the same exact story makes it quite improbable.
I think JM is a bored housewife. I think she has several different SNs. And I think she shares these with other bored housewives. Still, a part of me hopes I'm wrong.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275747 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true, I don't equate 4000 fertilized eggs with twenty 6 and 7 yr olds.
You, luckily, missed the creepfest from some of the PLers here trying to compare the tragedy in Newtown to women's civil rights. It was pathetic and disgusting.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275748 Jan 10, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That poor ignorant oaf is lucky that others care about the protection of his privacy. He's too stupid to understand what I means.
Seems a lot of them suffer from the same.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275749 Jan 10, 2013
What would you do if they didn't answer?

And where did you get the 90% figure?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Forum carlsbad nm wrote: "Ask the babies if they would like to live."
cPeter responded: "And if they don't answer, flush'em."
_________
Homosexuals DEMAND tolerance.
^^^ Yet, read cPeter's & Foo's posts ^^^
Over 90% of homosexuals are staunch proaborts.
In other words, they "expect" tolerance but beleive they are exempt from giving tolerance......even tolerance to the most vulnerable human beings among us - those in the womb.

Indianapolis

#275750 Jan 10, 2013
I bet it's pretty much fu**ing impossible for a fetus to use language or comparative concepts like "sharp." Especially since they don't have conscious thought capacity.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet fetuses react the moment a sharp object starts to cut into them. If a fetus could talk, it would probably say 'Ow! That hurts! WTF is a sharp object doing in this womb?!'.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275751 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
What exception does the prolife support? Did you not read the articles I posted to you regarding prolife approach to "life of mother" situation?
You're tiring..........
I don't include you. You don't make exceptions. Other AC folks do. Most do. Rape/incest/life threat.

Indianapolis

#275752 Jan 10, 2013
"Common knowledge" means "crap I just made up." Creation is an opinion not supported by facts. The fact is that most women CAN get pregnant, not that they have any obligation to become so or staying so.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It is common knowledge that by the nature of mankind's creation, women were created to carry offspring within their womb (i.e. pregnancy).
Unless mankind is "re-created," the fact will remain regardless if you like it or not.
Pregnancy is not discrimination. Pregnancy is a normal part of what it is to be human.
The wheels for your line of reasoning have slipped off the tracks. You haven't yet grasped common knowledge.
Tighten it up.
You're embarrassing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Yeah 1,232,946
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 46 min UnderstandPeople 19,927
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Brian_G 53,521
News Pastor Shot Outside Connecticut Church While Pu... 12 hr BUSTER CRABBE 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 hr TRD 70,019
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) May 22 usherhollens 17
News Strangers Come To Hartford Student's Aid (Mar '09) May 21 didusayhome 120
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]