Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310343 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#275550 Jan 10, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Its OK, old kathy is a raging bisexual pagan. He has the hots for cd, they are close. He is frequenly banned and he loves to stamp his impotent little feet.
D*mn son you really do have a fantasy life. To bad that you are in the closet and are such a hypocrite. cause you know if you actually lived life instead of hating it. Making up fantasies of people on anonymous public forums is just sad and pathetic. You could however be living life.. Come out of the closet and be Fabulous.
LOL

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275551 Jan 10, 2013
No, nor should the government interfere with the number of abortions she might want.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in China's one child policy? Should any government have the power to limit a woman's choice to the number of kids she wants?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#275552 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, lets try again.
Many people who feel the same as you about religion, still looks at abortion, as the murder it is.
Hitler killed many people, and gave many reasons why.
You and your kind kill and pomote the killing of many people, and give many reasons why.
If you truly believe that it is non of my business, if a woman wants to abort a baby, and that I should remain quite on the subject, the should you not also remain quite on the subject?
You above all should remain quite, becouse you are defending "women",who are very capable of defending themselves.
Prolife defends those who cannot defend themselves.
If you watched a man headed toward a one day old baby with a knife, with full intent on chopping the baby to bits, and you did nothing at all to try and stop him, or contact someone who can, then what kind of person would you be?
Yet, if a man with a knife, was comming toward the same baby, with full intent on chopping that baby to bits, just 24 hours or so, before, then you call it a good sound choice on the "mothers ' part. Plus you not only do anything to the man, but also defend his rights to be payed money to carry out his deed.
It is 2013, and you and others need to "wake up ",and realize that God or no God, abortion is SICK!
YOUR GOD IS A MAN MADE MYTH ....YOUR CULT IF ILLED WITH AHET AND BIGOTRY.....KEEP IT TO YORUSELF I DONT WNAT IT OK HITLER BOY??????

Abortion is a medical procedure that a women has and it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR NAZI FASCIST KKK NOSE OUT OF IT ........GOT IT PUNK TRAITOR......

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#275553 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your mom must've been up to a quart of everclear a day then.
<quoted text>
On a lite day...

Indianapolis

#275554 Jan 10, 2013
The odds of getting pregnant from any particular act of hetero intercourse arequite low; unfortunately, the odds still catch up with some people. Let's say a woman does consider the possibiity of pregnancy after sex (because, you know, straight boys are too stupid to have sex in any other manner). She still has a right to terminate any resulting pregnancy.

You should look up "unwanted" and "unplanned", because you certainly aren't using them properly. And that's "just pretty stupid."
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that every time a woman has sex she should expect to get pregnant. Being shocked that you've become pregnant, even though you're taking contraceptives or the man always uses condoms, still shouldn't shock any woman because having sex with a man always carries with it the possibility of pregnancy.
So the reality is no pregnany is truly 'unplanned' or 'unwanted'.
Any sexually active woman who is shocked by pregnancy is really either pretty naive about sex or just pretty stupid.

Indianapolis

#275555 Jan 10, 2013
And that's because you're "just pretty stupid."
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that woman in Texas, Andrea Yates, who made the decision to drown her five kids in the bathtub?
She made the decision to terminate her five kids. It was her choice to do so.
I don't find any difference between her and any woman who has had five abortions in her lifetime.
Gtown71

United States

#275556 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Kinda sad that we're killing off species so that future generations don't get to know them outside of history books. Humans? We're already overpopulated.
Baby humans have rights, which attach at birth--which is when they become babies.
<quoted text>
Do people commit suicide, becouse they want to help the population so much?
plus, try telling the baby at birth rights thingy to the many people in prison, becouse they did something to cause the death of some womans (choice).

Just 1 of many cases, but don't you remember the guy that had a pregnant wife, plus a girlfriend, and he killed his wife and throwed her body in the water "weighted down ",yet the "fetus " popped out of her, and floated to the top,and that's what nailed him? Scott peters ring a bell? Is he in prison for killing his wife only? Plus why do they make such a big about a pregnant woman being killed, if the fetus is not human, or have any rights? Why not just say woman was killed?
they don't say woman, that had a fetus in her, plus kidney stones, plus a tumor, plus plus plus was killed.
Double Standard all the way to the clinic.

Indianapolis

#275557 Jan 10, 2013
Abortion is ot murder, nor was it considered so even when it was illegal.

What is contained in another person's body is absolutely none of your business; you have no legal standing to "defend" the fetus. Her body, her decision. Now go kiss your horse and ride off into the sunset, dudley doright.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, lets try again.
Many people who feel the same as you about religion, still looks at abortion, as the murder it is.
Hitler killed many people, and gave many reasons why.
You and your kind kill and pomote the killing of many people, and give many reasons why.
If you truly believe that it is non of my business, if a woman wants to abort a baby, and that I should remain quite on the subject, the should you not also remain quite on the subject?
You above all should remain quite, becouse you are defending "women",who are very capable of defending themselves.
Prolife defends those who cannot defend themselves.
If you watched a man headed toward a one day old baby with a knife, with full intent on chopping the baby to bits, and you did nothing at all to try and stop him, or contact someone who can, then what kind of person would you be?
Yet, if a man with a knife, was comming toward the same baby, with full intent on chopping that baby to bits, just 24 hours or so, before, then you call it a good sound choice on the "mothers ' part. Plus you not only do anything to the man, but also defend his rights to be payed money to carry out his deed.
It is 2013, and you and others need to "wake up ",and realize that God or no God, abortion is SICK!
Gtown71

United States

#275558 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR GOD IS A MAN MADE MYTH ....YOUR CULT IF ILLED WITH AHET AND BIGOTRY.....KEEP IT TO YORUSELF I DONT WNAT IT OK HITLER BOY??????
Abortion is a medical procedure that a women has and it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR NAZI FASCIST KKK NOSE OUT OF IT ........GOT IT PUNK TRAITOR......
This is what I expect from someone who has No answer. ;)

I know -I'll just write in bold letters, and ignore the fact that others who also think god is a manmade thingy, yet think I'm a horrible person for promoting death of babies.

That mixed with a bottle of wine and a zanax, and I feel pretty good about myself. ;)
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#275559 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I expect from someone who has No answer. ;)
I know -I'll just write in bold letters, and ignore the fact that others who also think god is a manmade thingy, yet think I'm a horrible person for promoting death of babies.
That mixed with a bottle of wine and a zanax, and I feel pretty good about myself. ;)
Your insane..MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,,,,,,,lets start there hitler....You take care of your life and let others take care of theres........YOU KNOW LIKE THE CONSTITUTION PROMISIES US....

Indianapolis

#275560 Jan 10, 2013
Scott peterSON rings a bell, idiot. And that "popping out" why he was convicted of murder for the child--that's called being BORN, and rights and status acrued at that moment, because evidence determined it was still alive when it popped out.

Yes, somepeople ARE in jail "becouse[sic] they did something to cause the death of some womans (choice)"; that's exactly what fetal homicide laws are--protection of the woman against those who would thwart her right to carry to term. EVERY such law contains language differentiating it from abortion. Some states have no FHL's at all, and those that do vary on when they kick in and what the punishment is.

Get your god to explain it, next time you speak to him, because it will take a miracle for you to grasp this concept.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do people commit suicide, becouse they want to help the population so much?
plus, try telling the baby at birth rights thingy to the many people in prison, becouse they did something to cause the death of some womans (choice).
Just 1 of many cases, but don't you remember the guy that had a pregnant wife, plus a girlfriend, and he killed his wife and throwed her body in the water "weighted down ",yet the "fetus " popped out of her, and floated to the top,and that's what nailed him? Scott peters ring a bell? Is he in prison for killing his wife only? Plus why do they make such a big about a pregnant woman being killed, if the fetus is not human, or have any rights? Why not just say woman was killed?
they don't say woman, that had a fetus in her, plus kidney stones, plus a tumor, plus plus plus was killed.
Double Standard all the way to the clinic.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275561 Jan 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrea Yates was mentally ill. She truly believed she was "saving" her children.
Her oldest son fought and fought hard for his life - according to Yates his last words were "I'm sorry". Those children were sentient beings - that's the difference, but you knew that, right?
Only in the narrow minds of pompous ageist bigots does sentience affect the importance of human life.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275562 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in China's one child policy? Should any government have the power to limit a woman's choice to the number of kids she wants?
Here's where those fools who want to see Roe v Wade overturned get the facts handed to them.

Roe v Wade protects women from having either pregnancy or abortion forced upon them.

If by chance Roe were to be overturned, you would see overpopulation like in China and the gov't would then be able to swoop in and determine how many babies individual women were allowed to have.

Roe v Wade protects women's civil rights to bodily autonomy and personal privacy. Nobody can legally force a woman to abort a pregnancy against her will. Nobody can legally force a woman to remain pregnant against her will.

And yesterday, you were discussing outlawing abortion. Of which, the majority happen during the 7-8wk gestational period. Something the size of a Tic Tac takes more precedence in your brain than a grown woman or even a half-grown teen girl. And you'd be willing to toss women's rights away and chance future generations being like China with a one-child policy.

But you claim to love babies...?
:|
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275563 Jan 10, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The Second World War was one of the darkest periods of human history. A time filled with sorrow, hardship, destruction and loss. From this dark period in human history a shining light of hope emerged where the international community united with the common goal acknowledging and respecting each and every individual.
The United Nations Charter which was written by and for the peoples of the international community reaffirms, and I quote,“the faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person...”
In addition the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights recognises ‘the inherent dignity and the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.
And Ted Bundy was born. He was a local boy here and I grew up hearing about his crimes against sorority girls. His mother recently passed away. She loved him as only a mother could. It's in a local paper today.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275564 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Kinda sad that we're killing off species so that future generations don't get to know them outside of history books. Humans? We're already overpopulated.
Baby humans have rights, which attach at birth--which is when they become babies.
<quoted text>
Attach at birth? Become babies at birth? Where did you come up with that one? During one of your drug addled gay orgies? Why are homosexuals so obsessed with killing babies with abortion? Because most of the people killed with abortion are women? Are you saying that you are not so much a homo because of your perverted attraction to men, as you are a homo because of you hatred of women? Human rights don't attach. Human rights are inherent. People are just as human before as they after born.
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275565 Jan 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you will spend hours doing just that on a regular basis LOLOL!!!
***flips Lynne a Scoobie Snack*** Good girl! <<grin>>
BTW dear, we'd already determined that he was a rapist. But DO carry on.
I do not understand for one minute why LyingLynneLily would want to continue carrying on this farce. It's a new year. Year 3 of her claiming NOT to be Lynne D. We all know better, though. She and Lynne D share the same DNA.

She should 'fess up and be done with it. She'll feel so much better. And, perhaps, conversing with her would be a little more interesting.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275566 Jan 10, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the narrow minds of pompous ageist bigots does sentience affect the importance of human life.
What kind of life does a person really have without sentience? Unconscious? Comatose? Completely vulnerable to those around them without any knowledge what may be happening to them or around them. And no way to protect themselves.

You'd wish that upon yourself? Upon others?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#275567 Jan 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrea Yates was mentally ill. She truly believed she was "saving" her children.
Her oldest son fought and fought hard for his life - according to Yates his last words were "I'm sorry". Those children were sentient beings - that's the difference, but you knew that, right?
Excellent point, AJ.

I cry when I read about how hard he fought. How he came be-bopping in from outside and saw his drowned siblings lined up on the bed. How he ran and fought after he was caught. How he fought in the bathtub. And all because his mother believed the crap she was being spoonfed in the name of religion. Her husband played a bigger part in her breakdown, but has never been held accountable for it. That's more injustice, imo.
Gtown71

United States

#275568 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Scott peterSON rings a bell, idiot. And that "popping out" why he was convicted of murder for the child--that's called being BORN, and rights and status acrued at that moment, because evidence determined it was still alive when it popped out.
Yes, somepeople ARE in jail "becouse[sic] they did something to cause the death of some womans (choice)"; that's exactly what fetal homicide laws are--protection of the woman against those who would thwart her right to carry to term. EVERY such law contains language differentiating it from abortion. Some states have no FHL's at all, and those that do vary on when they kick in and what the punishment is.
Get your god to explain it, next time you speak to him, because it will take a miracle for you to grasp this concept.
<quoted text>
So these fetal laws are only for protecting womens rights again?
Not for the protection of the fetus?
Plus, thanks for the education on how untill a (whatever you call it) comes out, so then we know we can call it a baby, that the (baby) feels no pain untill accualy born. I knew the dang pro lifers lied to me, when they said babies would cry and try to move Away From the death pipe, that was there to suck them up one piece at a time.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#275569 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A 7-8wk embryo the size of a Tic Tac is not a fetus to begin with. And when it's a stranger's, being aborted, it's not your business. Period.
But sure, brag to everyone how you justify your atrocious behavior. Keep doing it, show us all your dysfunction, personified.
You're sure eager to point your stupid finger at others. Might I suggest you understand what's being discussed before you do so?
You discriminate because of SIZE? Even at that size they aren't inanimate, you fool.

You're stupid "personified".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min RealDave 1,263,871
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) 8 hr Joan 12
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Fri psuzanne790 47
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 70,142
MK hot handbag cheap MK wallets Watch on iluxsh... Thu Dicy 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Wed zippy 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages