Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311155 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#275572 Jan 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrea Yates was mentally ill. She truly believed she was "saving" her children.
Her oldest son fought and fought hard for his life - according to Yates his last words were "I'm sorry". Those children were sentient beings - that's the difference, but you knew that, right?
Okay...and when a child is born but not sentient and can't say anything? You're claiming what makes the difference of it being okay, in your pea brain, to KILL them is "sentience", trying to say it's okay to kill the ones in utero because they're not sentient?

You people have so much to learn.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275573 Jan 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you lack empathy for the very real fear and pain Yates' children suffered.
A fetus who can't feel pain, and is not even aware of it's own exitstence to feel fear, is never the same as a child who can.
You've proven yourself to me to be just another fetus worshipper who cares more about the unborn than the born.
A child on life support who is in a coma can't feel pain either. But is it okay to rip that child apart limb from limb? The obvious answer; NO.

It has nothing to do with whether or not the pain is known and felt. It's the ACT itself that's wrong, whether or not the victim is concious and can feel pain.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275574 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Scott peterSON rings a bell, idiot. And that "popping out" why he was convicted of murder for the child--that's called being BORN, and rights and status acrued at that moment, because evidence determined it was still alive when it popped out.
Yes, somepeople ARE in jail "becouse[sic] they did something to cause the death of some womans (choice)"; that's exactly what fetal homicide laws are--protection of the woman against those who would thwart her right to carry to term. EVERY such law contains language differentiating it from abortion. Some states have no FHL's at all, and those that do vary on when they kick in and what the punishment is.
Get your god to explain it, next time you speak to him, because it will take a miracle for you to grasp this concept.
<quoted text>
"Scott peterSON rings a bell, idiot. And that "popping out" why he was convicted of murder for the child--that's called being BORN, and rights and status acrued at that moment, because evidence determined it was still alive when it popped out."

You are one of the STUPIDEST people here. He was convicted for the death of that UNBORN child. The child died when his mother died, and he "popped out" after death. Had he remained in utero, he still would have been guilty of killing him.

"Unboirn Victims of Violence Act of 2004" was based on that very case.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-108publ212/...

"This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Unborn Victims of Violence
Act of 2004’’ or ‘‘Laci and Conner’s Law’’.
SEC. 2."

"‘‘§ 1841. Protection of unborn children
‘‘(a)(1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the
provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the
death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child,
who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty
of a separate offense under this section.
‘‘(2)(A) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the
punishment for that separate offense is the same as the punishment
provided under Federal law for that conduct had that injury or
death occurred to the unborn child’s mother.
‘‘(B) An offense under this section does not require proof that—
‘‘(i) the person engaging in the conduct had knowledge
or should have had knowledge that the victim of the underlying
offense was pregnant; or
‘‘(ii) the defendant intended to cause the death of, or bodily
injury to, the unborn child.
‘‘(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally
kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead
of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided
under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally
killing or attempting to kill a human being."

Also note, the fetus is legally called HUMAN BEING.

You pro-choicers are the most uneducated fools to ever speak on abortion that I've ever come across.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#275575 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point, AJ.
I cry when I read about how hard he fought. How he came be-bopping in from outside and saw his drowned siblings lined up on the bed. How he ran and fought after he was caught. How he fought in the bathtub. And all because his mother believed the crap she was being spoonfed in the name of religion. Her husband played a bigger part in her breakdown, but has never been held accountable for it. That's more injustice, imo.
Greetings, dear Katie!
I started to refresh my recollection and just could not continue reading the transcript. Hurts. Rusty may not have been the one that did the unspeakable, but he certainly should have known that his wife's mind had entered the twilight zone. How could he not?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275576 Jan 10, 2013
Scott Peterson was convicted of killing both his wife and their UNBORN child and was sentenced to the death penalty for it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-574675...

"Convicted murderer Scott Peterson filed an automatic appeal to the California Supreme Court on Thursday, eight years after he was sentenced to death for the murders of his wife and unborn son."

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#275577 Jan 10, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...and when a child is born but not sentient and can't say anything? You're claiming what makes the difference of it being okay, in your pea brain, to KILL them is "sentience", trying to say it's okay to kill the ones in utero because they're not sentient?
You people have so much to learn.
Do you understand the definition of "sentient"? Able to perceive or feel.

At the point of most terminations in utero - there's no possibility for pain. None. You can take and your insults to the bank, dear.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275578 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not understand for one minute why LyingLynneLily would want to continue carrying on this farce. It's a new year. Year 3 of her claiming NOT to be Lynne D. We all know better, though. She and Lynne D share the same DNA.
She should 'fess up and be done with it. She'll feel so much better. And, perhaps, conversing with her would be a little more interesting.
I don't understand why you pea brains keep trying to deflect with nonsense. Foo was OWNED again while she tried to argue what a pedophile is, and her response was nothing more than a desperate attempt at deflection. So is yours.
Gtown71

United States

#275579 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you protect tumors??? A fetus is not a lving being until birth or right before birth.......FACTS DONT CHANGE THERE LIAR.........COMES DOWN TO AGAIN-----MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS IF DONT LIKE ABORTIONS DONT GET ONE.......I HATE children being force fed and brainwashed into religous BS....But that is religous parents choice if they want there kids insane or not..NOW MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND WE WONT KICK YOU OUT OF THIS FREE NATION...GOT IT TRAITOR??????????CONSTITUTION. .........NOT BUYBULL BS.
No answer?
You seem to think by using them big letters, that it makes what you write true. Lies can be softly spoken, or screamed, but a lie is a lie.
So now you say that they are humans just before birth?

Do you really have any idea what you're talking about?

Yes, we live in a free country, but that don't mean I can kill someone becouse I don't like how they are dressed.

Plus, since it is a free country parents can teach their kids whatever they wish.

Some even teach their kids, that they came from apes, so they should act like one.

Sone teach their kids, that if anyone tells you about a Loving God, that died on the cross for your sins, that those people are ignorant, and haters.

Some will even teach their kids on how to murder the smallest of human creatures, and even how they can hire another person to do it for them, and yet it is all legal.

Sone won't teach their kids anything, becouse they chose hanging out at a coffee house and movies with friends, and had their kids murdered.

One more tip.- cursing, is a weak mind, trying to present itself as strong.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#275580 Jan 10, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
A child on life support who is in a coma can't feel pain either. But is it okay to rip that child apart limb from limb? The obvious answer; NO.
It has nothing to do with whether or not the pain is known and felt. It's the ACT itself that's wrong, whether or not the victim is concious and can feel pain.
A child is born, and has civil rights. Killing one is murder. I was talking about the difference between those who are capable of suffering, which clearly Yates' children were, and those who are not, fetuses during an abortion, nothing more. I was not addressing "right", or "wrong" for that matter. Your attempt at deflection is duly noted, though, LynneD.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275581 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of life does a person really have without sentience? Unconscious? Comatose? Completely vulnerable to those around them without any knowledge what may be happening to them or around them. And no way to protect themselves.
You'd wish that upon yourself? Upon others?
What a shame that would be, to be in that condition (temporarily)and not even be able to trust your own mother to not have you ripped apart while being put to death. Imagine that.

Problem isn't being in that condition so much as having people, like your own mother for example, responsible for your care who can't be trusted to CARE FOR YOU. Like way too many little ones in utero who can't trust their mothers to care for them.

It's not the condition that's the problem, it's the people responsible for the care of the person in that condition that are the problem. To be accurate in your analogy, you'd have to be talking about a temporary condition. Those little ones that are insentient and the size of Tic Tacs, as you describe them" aren't that way forever. Obviously, because there you sit typing stupidity over the internet and you were once one of those insentient Tic Tac sized nothings you describe.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#275582 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No answer?
You seem to think by using them big letters, that it makes what you write true. Lies can be softly spoken, or screamed, but a lie is a lie.
So now you say that they are humans just before birth?
Do you really have any idea what you're talking about?
Yes, we live in a free country, but that don't mean I can kill someone becouse I don't like how they are dressed.
Plus, since it is a free country parents can teach their kids whatever they wish.
Some even teach their kids, that they came from apes, so they should act like one.
Sone teach their kids, that if anyone tells you about a Loving God, that died on the cross for your sins, that those people are ignorant, and haters.
Some will even teach their kids on how to murder the smallest of human creatures, and even how they can hire another person to do it for them, and yet it is all legal.
Sone won't teach their kids anything, becouse they chose hanging out at a coffee house and movies with friends, and had their kids murdered.
One more tip.- cursing, is a weak mind, trying to present itself as strong.
Tell me how what a women does with her body is any of your business hitler???????

Yes some teach there kids that a myth cult is somehow real.....Sad huh?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275583 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point, AJ.
I cry when I read about how hard he fought. How he came be-bopping in from outside and saw his drowned siblings lined up on the bed. How he ran and fought after he was caught. How he fought in the bathtub. And all because his mother believed the crap she was being spoonfed in the name of religion. Her husband played a bigger part in her breakdown, but has never been held accountable for it. That's more injustice, imo.
"I cry when I read about how hard he fought."

You HYPOCRITE!

You people have spent countless pages arguing that {manner of death} doesn't matter, because the END RESULT is the same; death. There you are proving [manner of death] DOES matter, and are proving why it matters.

It matters just as much when a fetus dies by natural causes or is killed by abortion. The result is the same, the MANNER OF DEATH is the difference. You just proved it with your own words.

Boneheads.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275584 Jan 10, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame that would be, to be in that condition (temporarily)and not even be able to trust your own mother to not have you ripped apart while being put to death. Imagine that.
Problem isn't being in that condition so much as having people, like your own mother for example, responsible for your care who can't be trusted to CARE FOR YOU. Like way too many little ones in utero who can't trust their mothers to care for them.
It's not the condition that's the problem, it's the people responsible for the care of the person in that condition that are the problem. To be accurate in your analogy, you'd have to be talking about a temporary condition. Those little ones that are insentient and the size of Tic Tacs, as you describe them" aren't that way forever. Obviously, because there you sit typing stupidity over the internet and you were once one of those insentient Tic Tac sized nothings you describe.
I'm not talking temporarily. So none of the above applies.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275585 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you protect tumors??? A fetus is not a lving being until birth or right before birth.......FACTS DONT CHANGE THERE LIAR.........COMES DOWN TO AGAIN-----MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS IF DONT LIKE ABORTIONS DONT GET ONE.......I HATE children being force fed and brainwashed into religous BS....But that is religous parents choice if they want there kids insane or not..NOW MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND WE WONT KICK YOU OUT OF THIS FREE NATION...GOT IT TRAITOR??????????CONSTITUTION. .........NOT BUYBULL BS.
"Do you protect tumors??? "

Another pro-choice bonehead trying to compare human life to a disease.

Where do these uneducated buffoons come from?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275586 Jan 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the definition of "sentient"? Able to perceive or feel.
At the point of most terminations in utero - there's no possibility for pain. None. You can take and your insults to the bank, dear.
Of course I understand what sentient is. I'm not like you people. I actually understand the terms and understand what I read.

I posted about a non-sentient child on life support TEMPORARILY, because the non-sentience of the human life in utero is only temporary, and do you thiunk it would be okay to just kill that person because they're temporarily unconcious and can't feel anything?

You can take that and your stupidity to the bank, pea brain.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275587 Jan 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, dear Katie!
I started to refresh my recollection and just could not continue reading the transcript. Hurts. Rusty may not have been the one that did the unspeakable, but he certainly should have known that his wife's mind had entered the twilight zone. How could he not?
Hello AJ!

Hurts (still).
Very sad.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275588 Jan 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A child is born, and has civil rights. Killing one is murder. I was talking about the difference between those who are capable of suffering, which clearly Yates' children were, and those who are not, fetuses during an abortion, nothing more. I was not addressing "right", or "wrong" for that matter. Your attempt at deflection is duly noted, though, LynneD.
Only to ignorant buffoons would ability to suffer or not suffer while being PUT TO DEATH, make some difference in the killing.

Normal people would be just as disturbed by the killing of children who were sentient, as those who lie helplessly in a bed unaware that someone is killing them.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275589 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking temporarily. So none of the above applies.
All of what I said applies and it's your own argument that doesn't apply. In order for you to have an argument about sentience, you'd have to be making it about temporary non-sentience, because it's a fact that the human life in utero is non-sentient only temporarily. If left alone and if all goes well, it'll become as sentient as we all are.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#275590 Jan 10, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I won't spend hours defending against your childish attacks on someone,
Yet you HAVE and continue to every time you post. LOL!!
but I will accept that you've just conceded defeat on the "pedophile" argument you tried to make.
Nit wit.
Oh isn't it just lovely of you to accept something that was never offered! LOL!

ROFLMAO! You delude yourself every day so knock yourself out with this most recent delusion Lynniekins.

LOLOLOL

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#275591 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
Pregnant mother looking at 4-D ultrasound screen.
Obsetrician says...
A) There's your baby's heart beating.
or
B) There's your fetus' heart beating.
Yeah..........the M.D. will refer to the little human being in the womb as "baby".
Get over it..........
I bet that OB regrets saying that when you were born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 59,472
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Incognito4Ever 1,382,931
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr But Hay 20,291
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) Tue Ken Burke 135
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Tue Ize Found 70,598
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... Mon Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) Mon JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages