Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312850 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275176 Jan 9, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't hypocrisy, unborn babies are not persons with rights and by law women who give birth to addicted babies (persons) are investigated by social services. What good that does these days ya know? I almost wish the fetus of an addict would just miscarry. Harsh I know.
Blacks were considered 3/5 persons. Jews were considered subhuman & not persons. So, that happened..........
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275177 Jan 9, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't hypocrisy, unborn babies are not persons with rights and by law women who give birth to addicted babies (persons) are investigated by social services. What good that does these days ya know? I almost wish the fetus of an addict would just miscarry. Harsh I know.
So you think it is the crass disregard that society places on the health and well being of people in the womb that is the causes the hypocrisy, but what does fetal alchohol syndrome have to do with addicted babies? Human rights are naturally endowed. Which means humans always have human rights, no matter how old they are, or how much animosity you might have for young people.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275178 Jan 9, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you make yourself look so ignorant? Sex selection abortion is not an issue in this country, and no where in the reasons women abort does it say they do abort because of gender. Not even in the reasons PLM gives for aborting. No it does not mean PC supports sex selection abortions. But you might do some research on India and China where the female population is disappearing because of the ancient practice of the dowry. Sometimes born female infants are murdered by family members. Sometimes they are left in the sun to bake. This has nothing to do with abortion rights here but moreso the right to practice the dowry over there. Cause and effect.
Planned Parenthood publicy protested & opposed a law banning sex-selection abortions in America.

Planned Parenthood publicly stated that it WOULD perform sex-selection abortions.

One Planned Parenthood director said:“I wrestle with gender-based abortion more than any other reason [for having an abortion]...From a macro perspective, I don’t think it is a good idea for us to be eliminating women. But if you look at it at the individual level, which is what we do, I don’t have any right to say that one person’s reason is better or worse than another’s.”

Lastly, yes, sex-selection abortion DOES exist in America. This sting operation video proves so:

http://liveaction.org/blog/sex-selective-abor...

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#275179 Jan 9, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks were considered 3/5 persons. Jews were considered subhuman & not persons. So, that happened..........
True. But neither were considered what you say, while in uteri. Only after they were born, and had constitutionally protected rights.

Do try to keep up.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#275180 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>So you think it is the crass disregard that society places on the health and well being of people in the womb that is the causes the hypocrisy, but what does fetal alchohol syndrome have to do with addicted babies? Human rights are naturally endowed. Which means humans always have human rights, no matter how old they are, or how much animosity you might have for young people.
Baloney. Human rights are naturally endowed; that's true. But it's not a question of whether they are naturally endowed, but at which time they attach.

The law, which is the vehicle by which naturally endowed rights are recognized, says they attach at birth and not before.

You can believe it, or you can piss and moan about it until the cows come home. It is what it is.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#275181 Jan 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't look at your link, I tried, but couldn't pull it up, but it seems you have answered many questions I had, even some I had about the Jewish leaders at the time of Jesus. It seems they were looking for the same mesiah, that you are. Do you think the world will ever be as you are looking for as long as people are not changed in a spiritual way? I know you don't believe people are born sinners, and that we learn by seeing older people sin, but a simple question? How did the older people learn?
What kind of God would have an earthly father?
plus like the Jews of the day, tbey were looking for their mesiah to fix up their little world, not be concerned with every soul in the world. I believe Jesud fit all requirements as the mesiah and still do, but untill a persons eyes are opened "spiritualy " they will never see.
Where do you get all this knowledge about Jews? I'm Jewish and I never read this stuff.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275182 Jan 9, 2013
The video link I posted "shows a Planned Parenthood staffer encouraging the woman to obtain a late-term abortion because she was purportedly carrying a girl and wanted to have a boy.

"The video is first in a new series titled 'Gendercide: Sex-Selection in America,' that Live Action tells LifeNews will be exposing the practice of sex-selective abortion in the United States and how Planned Parenthood and the rest of the abortion industry facilitate the selective elimination of baby girls in the womb."

“I see that you’re saying that you want to terminate if it’s a girl, so are you just wanting to continue the pregnancy in the meantime?” a Planned Parenthood counselor named “Rebecca” offers the woman, who is purportedly still in her first trimester and cannot be certain about the gender.

“The abortion covers you up until 23 weeks,” explains Rebecca,“and usually at 5 months is usually (sic) when they detect, you know, whether or not it’s a boy or a girl.”
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275183 Jan 9, 2013
In response to the sex-selection sting video, a spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Federation of America told the Huffington post:

“The world’s leading women’s health and rights organizations, including the World Health Organization, do not believe that curtailing access to abortion services is a legitimate means of addressing sex selection, and have made clear that gender bias can only be resolved by addressing the underlying conditions that lead to it. And we agree. We support efforts that ensure girls and women have access to economic opportunity, including fair wages, basic health care, political participation, education, and a life free of violence and discrimination. Planned Parenthood works to ensure women and their families have access to high-quality nonjudgmental health services free of coercion, supported by information and counseling.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/29/plan...

That's right. Planned Parenthood does not support gender bias, but is okay performing sex-selection abortions.

Schizophrenic much?
Gtown71

United States

#275184 Jan 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get all this knowledge about Jews? I'm Jewish and I never read this stuff.
The bible
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275185 Jan 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>These people know that there is nothing they can do to stop women from making autonomous decisions. It's not oily about abortion. It's about women being independent. Women aren't going back to the days when men ruled their lives and it scares some people, even some women. I guess they'll just have to learn to live with it. They won't ever get their way.
Elise: "Women aren't going back to the days when men ruled their lives"

"Men" didn't kill your daughter. YOU (a woman) did.

YOU (a woman) "ruled over" your daughter's life. To death.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#275186 Jan 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get all this knowledge about Jews? I'm Jewish and I never read this stuff.
THey make it up as they go along Grumpy. Typical really.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#275187 Jan 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible
Did you read the Bible that told about the Tower of Babel? God made us speak different languages (ethnicity) so we cannot reach heavenly heights (The Messiah) and we live with God's mistake that pervades society.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275188 Jan 9, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ANd the CONTEXT of those sentences you've tried to take out of context is:
A) IF the woman is dying
B) IF the woman WANTS the abortion to save her life
But thanks, I appreciate you giving me the chance again and again to show how I feel !!
ROFLMAO you stupid shit.
Honey Foo Foo: "B) IF the woman WANTS the abortion to save her life"
_________

Wrong. You were speaking of abortion generally:

HoneyFooFoo: "A woman having an abortion doesn't affect ANYONE but the woman and possibly the man involved."

NR: Preborn baby is clearly affected...to death.

HoneyFooFoo: Yes dear, that IS the point of abortion.

Why do you have to lie about what YOU yourself said?

If you don't agree with what you're about to say, don't say it. That works better than mouthing off & having to backpeddal & lie later.

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Ya babbling buffoon ya.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#275189 Jan 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
I think he makes it up from watching too much christian TV.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275190 Jan 9, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney. Human rights are naturally endowed; that's true. But it's not a question of whether they are naturally endowed, but at which time they attach.
The law, which is the vehicle by which naturally endowed rights are recognized, says they attach at birth and not before.
You can believe it, or you can piss and moan about it until the cows come home. It is what it is.
Laws have nothing to do with what human rights people have or don't have. Human rights exist with or without laws or governments. Naturally endowed means there is no "which time they attach". Naturally endowed means they are a naturally part of what we are, which is human, no matter how old or young we might be. Abortion is justified by many in that until the fetus has reached a certain stage of development, it is not considered a person, and therefore the termination of an unborn child (before a certain stage of development) is not tantamount to murder. Therefore, if we begin to deny personhood to other human beings we can just as equally justify their killing, or even merely their mistreatment. Imagine living in a society which judged that you had lost your status as a person and therefore could be lawfully killed (not murdered) by a doctor without your consent.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through...all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”- Marcus Tullius Cicero

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275191 Jan 9, 2013
Which means it has nothing to do with abortion. BTW--this god of yours allowed the holocaust to happen. He's no better than hitler.
zef wrote:
The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of approximately six million Jews by the Nazi regime and its collaborators. "Holocaust" is a word of Greek origin meaning "sacrifice by fire." The Nazis, who came to power in Germany in January 1933, believed that Germans were "racially superior" and that the Jews, deemed "inferior," were an alien threat to the so-called German racial community.
<quoted text>
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275192 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Laws have nothing to do with what human rights people have or don't have. Human rights exist with or without laws or governments. Naturally endowed means there is no "which time they attach". Naturally endowed means they are a naturally part of what we are, which is human, no matter how old or young we might be. Abortion is justified by many in that until the fetus has reached a certain stage of development, it is not considered a person, and therefore the termination of an unborn child (before a certain stage of development) is not tantamount to murder. Therefore, if we begin to deny personhood to other human beings we can just as equally justify their killing, or even merely their mistreatment. Imagine living in a society which judged that you had lost your status as a person and therefore could be lawfully killed (not murdered) by a doctor without your consent.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through...all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.
For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Oh, like the PLM wanting a theocracy in the USA? Using abortion and photo-shopped images of stolen miscarried ZEFs to gain ground by "...appeal[ing] to a baseness that lies deep within [all] hearts" while undermining women's civil rights by working secretly? You mean traitorous like that?

Indianapolis

#275193 Jan 9, 2013
If you didn't have FAS, you'd see how ridiculous your argument is.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How can motorists face criminal prosecution for driving under the influence of alchohol, because their alchohol use might cause harm others. While pregnant women that give birth to children with fetal alchohol syndrome, who's alchohol use did without a shadow of a doubt cause harm to others, are treated with impunity? What is the cause is this blatant hypocrisy? Is it the sychophants that worship women, and the cowards that cower under the boot heel of women? Or is it the crass disregard that society places on the health and well being of people in the womb?

Indianapolis

#275194 Jan 9, 2013
What's more exciting than forbidden fruit?
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. Ever notice how these Christians get some kind of perverted pleasure out of feeling wicked and guilty?
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#275195 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Laws have nothing to do with what human rights people have or don't have. Human rights exist with or without laws or governments. Naturally endowed means there is no "which time they attach". Naturally endowed means they are a naturally part of what we are, which is human, no matter how old or young we might be. Abortion is justified by many in that until the fetus has reached a certain stage of development, it is not considered a person, and therefore the termination of an unborn child (before a certain stage of development) is not tantamount to murder. Therefore, if we begin to deny personhood to other human beings we can just as equally justify their killing, or even merely their mistreatment. Imagine living in a society which judged that you had lost your status as a person and therefore could be lawfully killed (not murdered) by a doctor without your consent.
You cited contradicting principles.
The first was for revolution.
The secod would have called a revolution treason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,460,037
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Winnipeg Wacko 62,351
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 71,239
News Desperate debtors are ripe targets (Aug '08) 13 hr I Am The Problem 130
News Motorcyclist Critically Injured (May '08) 14 hr you are animals 96
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu IB DaMann 7,947
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Dec 6 myspace 12

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages