Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316369 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#275153 Jan 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. WELL SAID!
Thank you.
Just so you know, you're one of the reasons people like me keep fighting this good fight.
Thanks, Foo. We need to keep fighting because there are actual intelligent anti-choicers out there (not on this forum, obviously) who know that they can't beat RvW but work to chip away at our rights in devious and underhanded ways. They won't succeed, ultimately, because the PC community is larger, smarter, and in the right.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275154 Jan 8, 2013
Since you clearly have no idea what the constitution is, howzabout you shut up until you learn?

Are you saying the government can't tell anyone what they can or cannot do? I guess laws don't mean anything.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He will tell you himself. I guess he thinks he would not be able to do anything unless the reigning government tells him he can.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#275155 Jan 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVOOOOOOOO!!!!
Deserves a repeat or three!
Backpedal, backdedal, you cover my azz, I'll cover your azz. Backpedal, backpedal....

HAhaha..
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#275156 Jan 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Foo. We need to keep fighting because there are actual intelligent anti-choicers out there (not on this forum, obviously) who know that they can't beat RvW but work to chip away at our rights in devious and underhanded ways. They won't succeed, ultimately, because the PC community is larger, smarter, and in the right.
It not about womens rights, it is aobut killing unobrn babies by the millions, becasue women feel like it. Big difference, pagan.

Indianapolis

#275157 Jan 9, 2013
You'd think an omniscient entity would know the meaning of "murder."
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is murder
Gtown71

United States

#275158 Jan 9, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and God Bless. You can tell that cd, like foo, is a faux-jew. He did it to hook up with his current wife. He knows nothing of the Judeo-Christian Faith. He is just another former Christian that now shows up on the internet hating the Faith like all the other pagans.
I pray the verses edify the saved, and help bring the lost to salvation.
I also realize that untill anyones eyes are opened by God Himself, then they will continue to hang on to their own traditions and what they think they know.Just as I did for many years, but as I look back I remember all of those who tried to show me the truth, but like them, I thought I was the one who knew the truth. Satan has played with Gods word from the start, if he can convince people to either not believe, or even doubt Gods word, then he can keep them in the dark, untill they die, where they we stay in darkness forever. The no Hell trick is the best one yet,or the (bad for a bit hell), then all goes to heaven, is even better.
There truly is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof leads to death.
We know for certain, that the first part of that verse is true, for many goes many different ways thinking they are right, but can all be right? No, ofcourse not.
The last part of the verse we take by faith.

Indianapolis

#275159 Jan 9, 2013
Holy shit, you idiot. The pilgrims didn't come to the united states--the country didn't exist then. The pilgrims came here to secure property and create the same stygian hellhole they left--but one that favored them.

The country was foundedon the ideals of equality and individual rights. Nowhere does the constitution ascribe such rights to any deity.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Tell everyone why the pilgrims left Europe and why they came to the U.S. Another thing, what was this Country founded on? Hmmm? YOU should know this. If you know theanswer , then you know we are right.

Indianapolis

#275160 Jan 9, 2013
Yeah, a demon called testosterone. It also shows you're a very weak, easily-led person.

I guess I've never cheated since I've never looked at a woman with lust.

This is what makes reliion so destructive; it insults the entire species by saying we can't do anything without divine guidance--or at least, we can't do anything good.
But anything bad we do is our fault. That's a weasel's argument designed to create baseless guilt and self-loathing.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't cheat on my wife physicaly untill the talk I had with my "father figuer " friend. At that momment I felt something come into me. At that point I could not go out fast enough and have an affair. Later, after I was saved, and the demon kicked out, I began to read the bible, it let me know that I had already cheated many times according to God. Gods word says that if you even look upon a woman and lust, then you have already commited adultry or fornication "single people " in your heart, and will be judged for it.
There is no way for anyone to live good enough to earn heaven, people must be perfect, and since no one can be, they must put their faith and trust in the only one who did. "Imputted rightousness "
Most believe God will judge people and way out their good and bad.
There are two judgements
1. White throne judgement -all who die in their sins will be here, and their life will be reviewed, just before they are thrown into the lake of fire.
2. Judgement seat of christ -this is where all who have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ will be, to be judged according to how they have lived, since they became a child of God. There will be rewards and losses here, but all will go to heaven. Even the greatest of christians will throw their rewards at the feet of God, becouse without Him, they could have done nothing.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275161 Jan 9, 2013
The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of approximately six million Jews by the Nazi regime and its collaborators. "Holocaust" is a word of Greek origin meaning "sacrifice by fire." The Nazis, who came to power in Germany in January 1933, believed that Germans were "racially superior" and that the Jews, deemed "inferior," were an alien threat to the so-called German racial community.
cpeter1313 wrote:
You'd think an omniscient entity would know the meaning of "murder."
<quoted text>
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275162 Jan 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Foo. We need to keep fighting because there are actual intelligent anti-choicers out there (not on this forum, obviously) who know that they can't beat RvW but work to chip away at our rights in devious and underhanded ways. They won't succeed, ultimately, because the PC community is larger, smarter, and in the right.
How can motorists face criminal prosecution for driving under the influence of alchohol, because their alchohol use might cause harm others. While pregnant women that give birth to children with fetal alchohol syndrome, who's alchohol use did without a shadow of a doubt cause harm to others, are treated with impunity? What is the cause is this blatant hypocrisy? Is it the sychophants that worship women, and the cowards that cower under the boot heel of women? Or is it the crass disregard that society places on the health and well being of people in the womb?

Location hidden

#275163 Jan 9, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
It not about womens rights, it is aobut killing unobrn babies by the millions, becasue women feel like it. Big difference, pagan.
You can think whatever you like. It has nothing to do with you, no matter what you feel, think or say.

Location hidden

#275164 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yeah, a demon called testosterone. It also shows you're a very weak, easily-led person.
This is what makes reliion so destructive; it insults the entire species by saying we can't do anything witihout divine guidance--or at least, we can't do anything good.
But anything bad we do is our fault. That's a weasel's argument designed to create baseless guilt and self-loathing.
<quoted text>
Yup. Ever notice how these Christians get some kind of perverted pleasure out of feeling wicked and guilty?

Location hidden

#275165 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How can motorists face criminal prosecution for driving under the influence of alchohol, because their alchohol use might cause harm others. While pregnant women that give birth to children with fetal alchohol syndrome, who's alchohol use did without a shadow of a doubt cause harm to others, are treated with impunity? What is the cause is this blatant hypocrisy? Is it the sychophants that worship women, and the cowards that cower under the boot heel of women? Or is it the crass disregard that society places on the health and well being of people in the womb?
You betcha;-)
Gtown71

United States

#275166 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
This is what makes reliion so destructive; it insults the entire species by saying we can't do anything without divine guidance--or at least, we can't do anything good.
<quoted text>
No, we people can do much good. Even atheist have done many many good things, and without God's help, plus some people do very little bad, BUT if there is a God "and I now know there is ",and that God is Holy and Sinless, and He demands Sinless people to enter Heaven, then "good ",is not good enough.
So you have 2 choices -live a perfect sinless life, or put your faith and trust in the Only One who did.

Location hidden

#275167 Jan 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we people can do much good. Even atheist have done many many good things, and without God's help, plus some people do very little bad, BUT if there is a God "and I now know there is ",and that God is Holy and Sinless, and He demands Sinless people to enter Heaven, then "good ",is not good enough.
So you have 2 choices -live a perfect sinless life, or put your faith and trust in the Only One who did.
Lol
Ocean56

AOL

#275168 Jan 9, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
Your approach is useless to kids . Sex is beautiful within the boundaries thst God set up for us. I don't believe scaring the crap out of a teenager is affective.
And I couldn't care less what you believe. Personally, I think teen sex is a BAD IDEA, and I would prefer that teens avoid the unwanted consequences of pregnancy and STD's by staying sex-FREE (meaning free FROM sex).

Helpful Rules For Teens In PREVENTING Pregnancy and STD's:

1. NEVER consent to sex if you know you aren't on birth control and a guy tells you he doesn't have or use condoms (make sure you ask him about condoms BEFORE having sex).

2. ALWAYS use protection, whether it is condoms, the pill, or both, any and EVERY time you decide to have sex. Not using protection even ONE time will result in an unwanted pregnancy sooner or later.

3. ALWAYS be aware that all contraceptive methods can fail and that pregnancy could result.

4. NEVER assume you can't get pregnant because you're on birth control, even the pill.

5. NEVER let yourself be pressured into having sex if you really don't want to do it.

6. NEVER believe a guy who says "trust me, you can't get pregnant." Don't have sex with this guy either.

7. NEVER cave in to pressure to get pregnant and have a child if you have any doubts about or unwillingness to be a mom or a dad.

8. NEVER be afraid to dump a boyfriend or girlfriend if he/she pressures you to do things you don't want to do.

9. NEVER assume that having anal sex cannot cause pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease. It can do both.

10. ALWAYS ask exactly what a guy means when he says "I'm old fashioned." It could mean he believes that girls are ONLY meant to be wives and mothers and nothing else. Don't have sex with this guy, as it could be a trap.

11. ALWAYS keep busy with studies and school or extracurricular activities that you really like and don't want to GIVE UP.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#275169 Jan 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly is propaganda for gullible people like you.
Looked into what? Who is going to admit that they killed their unborn child because it was a girl?
If you support a woman's right to choose then you support her right to choose to abort a pregnancy with a girl baby.
Why do you make yourself look so ignorant? Sex selection abortion is not an issue in this country, and no where in the reasons women abort does it say they do abort because of gender. Not even in the reasons PLM gives for aborting. No it does not mean PC supports sex selection abortions. But you might do some research on India and China where the female population is disappearing because of the ancient practice of the dowry. Sometimes born female infants are murdered by family members. Sometimes they are left in the sun to bake. This has nothing to do with abortion rights here but moreso the right to practice the dowry over there. Cause and effect.
Ocean56

AOL

#275170 Jan 9, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
God says no to sex before marriage. I think he knows what he's talking about. I think it's sad when we dont listen. Going against our loving God brings self inflict hardships. Unfortunately, young kids are exposed to sex shoved down their throats.....movies tv shows (that most of the time the Parents allow) and divorced parents living with or spending sleepovers with their S.O. These kids think having casual sex is normal..My suggestion would be to address that and we won't have to worry about pregnant teens.
Your approach is useless to kids. Sex is beautiful within the boundaries thst God set up for us. I don't believe scaring the crap out of a teenager is affective
Personally, I think YOUR approach is useless to teens, especially those who don't share your stupid and BACKWARD beliefs. I think teen sex is a BAD IDEA, chiefly because it leads to the unwanted outcomes of pregnancy and STD's.

I would prefer that teens stay sexfree (meaning free FROM sex), because being SF provides advantages for them. A sexfree teen girl, for example, doesn't have to worry about the following:

1. getting pregnant or getting a sexually transmitted disease.

2. paying for diapers and formula when she's too young to even get a job.

3. missing out on prom and other non-academic school activities she wants to participate in.

4. dealing with the hardships and stresses of teen motherhood.

5. losing all her FREEDOM to do all the things she wants to do.

So I'd say that being sexfree is much better for teens, especially teen girls. Girls who make the mistake of having sex while in middle or high school won't have these advantages.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#275172 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
it isn't hypocrisy, unborn babies are not persons with rights and by law women who give birth to addicted babies (persons) are investigated by social services. What good that does these days ya know? I almost wish the fetus of an addict would just miscarry. Harsh I know.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275176 Jan 9, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't hypocrisy, unborn babies are not persons with rights and by law women who give birth to addicted babies (persons) are investigated by social services. What good that does these days ya know? I almost wish the fetus of an addict would just miscarry. Harsh I know.
Blacks were considered 3/5 persons. Jews were considered subhuman & not persons. So, that happened..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Obama Muslim 1,583,534
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Aug 20 Warning 44
News While Somers writes, her representatives work Aug 19 Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages