Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 319811 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#275111 Jan 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did get you and another person mixed up, but you say that your spouse was a christian? Can you tell me when and how they became a christian?
They were born into a Christian family and followed the faith.
I know alittle about Jewish law, and still believe it is impossible to do all laws at all times.
You can believe that, but you'd be incorrect.
I realize some have two sinks in their kitchen, becouse of mixing milk and blood, but they do realize, that undernieth their house the two sewer pipes combine don't they?
Doesn't matter once its out of the home. Its waste at that point. Kashrut laws are about EATING the food, not throwing it away.

Two sinks are not for meat and dairy BTW. That's just for convenience.

There ARE those like my grandparents who actually had two kitchens.
My sister was a health inspector once, and went to an all Jewish nursing home, where she was looking at the kitchen. She said, that the women could do nothing untill the men came and layed out all of their pots and pans and utencils, that they were to use.
In the ultra orthodox tradtions, yes, that happens - but its because many of the people that prepare the food are not Jewish and not expected to know the laws, not becuase they're women. It happened in my mom's nursing home too.
I know something about not eating meat on fri?
I think that's a Christian thing. We eat meat on Friday.
I heard that is why so many have fish on fri, becouse many years ago some high up jewish guy said that fish was no longer considered meat.:)
Someone was pulling your leg. Fish has NEVER been "meat".
As far as cain and abel, have you not read the story?
Was God pleased with cain's offering? No
Was He pleased with Abel's offering? Yes
Abel offered up a lamb, without spot or blimish.
about 4000 years later God offered up a perfect lamb, without spot or blimish -Jesus Christ.
Sorry, I dont have a clue what you mean here.
Sorry about my spelling, if that is your pet peeve, then you will have a field day with me :)
LOL Nah, only when I see the same thing spelled wrong a LOT. I'm a creative speller m'self, but I do try to learn the right ways when its pointed out, I dont have a problem with it. I always say I SELL books, I dont write 'em. I meant no offence!

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#275112 Jan 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually it didn't.
It killed the POTENTAL for a BORN baby. It "kills" a zygote, an embryo (in 98% of all cases) or a non-viable fetus.
AGAIN - I did nothing of the kind, thus calling ME a "baby killer" doesn't work even by your fuckedup and twisted version of "logic".
It NEVER ceases to amaze me how far your kind will twist things to justify your "christian" IGNORANCE.
Foo: "It killed the POTENTAL for a BORN baby."

Potential for "born" baby, yes, but NOT a "potential" child of the woman who aborted. Definition of child includes fetus. Scinetifically/biologically, the fetus is the woman's child.

Foo: "It "kills" a zygote, an embryo (in 98% of all cases) or a non-viable fetus."

What do you think a fetus is you ninny? It's someone's child developing in utero. If your immature brain can't handle that reality, try this; it IS a human life and there is a KILLING of that human life with abortion. A choice you support, and one you claimed before doesn't kill anything.

Do you have ANY idea how stupid you pro-choice people in this thread look when you're trying so hard to profess medically correctness, while displaying what utter fools you are by pretending medical terms negate the terms we use? Well, I'll tell you. You all look so mind boggling stupid, ignorant and senseless.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275113 Jan 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. NO "babies" are killed by abortion.
Funny how the pro-choicer's consciences won't allow them to use the term "baby", like not using that particular term changes that abortion is killing someone's child in utero. Humans at the earliest stages of their lives are called "babies". It's a common term used to describe the stage of growth the human life we're talking about is at. Very ypoung humans are "babies".

According to Foo the Ignorant Buffoon, abortion isn't "killing" anything. I believe I've read that same stupidity from several PC here.

Location hidden

#275114 Jan 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your chance to prove me wrong. Do you think women should be allowed to abort if it's not the right gender?
Fortunately, they dont have to give a reason, ESPECIALLY not to the likes of you.

Location hidden

#275115 Jan 8, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is murder
No Stinky, its not. And you certainly are not g-d.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275116 Jan 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ANd the CONTEXT of those sentences you've tried to take out of context is:
A) IF the woman is dying
B) IF the woman WANTS the abortion to save her life
But thanks, I appreciate you giving me the chance again and again to show how I feel !!
ROFLMAO you stupid shit.
You're such a mess you don't realize that the context doesn't alter what NR's showing about what you posted.

You made the posts using the wording you used. Own it or don't, but you're making a fool of yourself trying to claim "context" changes what NR is displaying about your posts. It doesn't. You say things the extremely offensive way you do, being viciously descriptive about tearing a developing child to pieces, and the context of a woman dying without an abortion doesn't excuse your wording.

Location hidden

#275117 Jan 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpeter said:
"Ihave a constitutional right to point out that there are no god-given rights."
When asked what kind of rights there were before the Constitution?
He said;
"The few granted through sovereign government documents.
You should do your own homework. Where does Cpeter gets his rights.
You can get an A since I did all the work.
OMG YOU'RE FKING STUPID! LOLOLOLOL!!!

YOu asked what kind of rights there were BEFORE THE CONSTITUTION.

KEYWORD:

BEFORE.

You MORON!

ROFLMAO!

Location hidden

#275118 Jan 8, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Tell everyone why the pilgrims left Europe and why they came to the U.S.
To explore the world you dolt. They came to
explore, to make money, to spread and practice their religion freely, and to live on land they would make their own. The Pilgrims and Puritans came to America to practice religious
freedom.

NOT your faiths freedom.
Another thing, what was this Country founded on? Hmmm? YOU should know this. If you know theanswer , then you know we are right.
It was founded on FREEDOM.

You WANT the answer that it was founded on christianity, but the FACT is that's complete bullshit.

"Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Our secular government allows the free expression of religion and non-religion.

Clearly you never went beyond third grade political education. Ever hear of the Treaty of Tripoli Knutbar?

""As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Pay attention to that first sentence dolt.

Location hidden

#275119 Jan 8, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>Honeyfoofoo (lol) is a clueless woman. She thinks that she is "educating " non-Jews on her religion (even linking her truth)..yet she is the one who needs the education.
She twists things to suit her agenda. She did it with abortion too(where she claimed that her religion was okay with choice to kill when CLEARLY they forbid abortion electively. I told her this a million times. It took former Jew Booby to set her [email protected] straight. Did you see her and CD squirming? It was beyond pathetic.
Deception....the name of the proabort game.
Yet I said the same thing as Bobby, just in a different way. If you think I didn't, feel free to prove me wrong.

I've never squirmed over ANYTHING the likes of you ever tried to claim Skanky.

You spend so much time trying to demean and invalidate other's faith, you dont get how moronic you make yourself look.

Oh and for the record, you are the QUEEN of twisting things to suit your agenda.

The pity is, you're such a miserable failure at it. Like most things you try to claim, you cant back ANYTHING up with reality.

Location hidden

#275120 Jan 8, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Your religion is AGAINST elective abortions.
I have NEVER AT ANY TIME CLAIMED OTHERWISE you MORON.
You say that you still support a womans choice to abort if that's what she chooses.
Really? I DEFY you to show us where I've said ANYTHING of the kind you lying sack of crap.
Shame on you for lying to us when you said that you were a practicing Jew.
Shame on YOU for claiming to be a christian, yet WILLFULLY LYING and bearing false witness EVERY TIME YOU POST about someone else.
You support JEWISH women going against their religion too.
*sigh*
Says who?

Location hidden

#275121 Jan 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I edited out the propaganda. How would you know if it is an issue. The woman's reason for her abortions are confidential.
Its propaganda because women are not required to give a reason you jackass.

Location hidden

#275122 Jan 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Sry for the double post, but there are many who claim to be Jews here , so what if God judges you by the ten commandments, where will you go?
Heaven
Hell
As the Knutbar posted, we will ALL go to heaven, after we ALL spend a year in purgetory. There IS no "hell" in the Jewish faith.

Only truly righteous souls ascend directly to Gan Eden, say the sages. The average person descends to a place of punishment and/or purification, generally referred to as Gehinnom.

The name is taken from a valley (Gei Hinnom) just south of Jerusalem, once used for child sacrifice by the pagan nations of Canaan (II Kings 23:10). Some view Gehinnom as a place of torture and punishment, fire and brimstone. Others imagine it less harshly, as a place where one reviews the actions of his/her life and repents for past misdeeds.

The soul's sentence in Gehinnom is usually limited to a twelve-month period of purgation before it takes its place in Olam Ha-Ba (Mishnah Eduyot 2:9, Shabbat 33a). This twelve-month limit is reflected in the yearlong mourning cycle and the recitation of the Kaddish (the memorial prayer for the dead).

Only the utterly wicked do not ascend to Gan Eden at the end of this year. Sources differ on what happens to these souls at the end of their initial time of purgation. Some say that the wicked are utterly destroyed and cease to exist, while others believe in eternal damnation (Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, Law of Repentance, 3:5-6).

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Theol...

A much better source is this:

Jewish Views of the Afterlife
What happens after we die? Everyone asks that question at one point or another. Though Judaism does not have a definitive answer, below are some of the possible responses that have emerged over the centuries.

•Olam Ha Ba – "Olam Ha Ba" literally means "the world to come" in Hebrew. Early rabbinic texts describe Olam Ha Ba has an idyllic version of this world. It is a physical realm that will exist at the end-of-days, after the Messiah has come and God has judged both the living and the dead. The righteous dead will be resurrected in order to enjoy a second life in Olam Ha Ba. You can learn more about Olam Ha Ba in: "What Is Olam Ha Ba?"
•Gehenna - When the ancient rabbis talk about Gehenna, the question they are trying to answer is "How will bad people be dealt with in the afterlife?" Accordingly, they saw Gehenna as a place of punishment for those who lead an immoral life. However, the time a person's soul could spend in Gehenna was limited to twelve months and the rabbis maintained that even at the very Gates of Gehenna a person could repent and avoid punishment (Erubin 19a). After being punished in Gehenna a soul was considered pure enough to enter Gan Eden (see below). You can learn more about Gehenna in: "What Is Gehenna?
•Gan Eden – In contrast to Gehenna, Gan Eden was conceived as a paradise for those who lived a righteous life. Whether Gan Eden - which means "The Garden of Eden in Hebrew" - was intended as a place for souls after death or for resurrected people when Olam Ha Ba comes is unclear. Exodus Rabbah 15:7 states, for instance: "In the Messianic Age God will establish peace for the nations and they will sit at ease and eat in Gan Eden." Numbers Rabbah 13:2 makes a similar reference and in both cases, neither souls nor the dead are mentioned. Nevertheless, author Simcha Raphael suggests that given the ancient rabbis' belief in resurrection, Gan Eden was likely a place where they thought the righteous would go after they were resurrected for Olam Ha Ba.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/A...

BTW, did you read the link I gave you about why biblically your Jesus did NOT meet the criteria for messiah?

Location hidden

#275123 Jan 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Sry for the double post, but there are many who claim to be Jews here , so what if God judges you by the ten commandments, where will you go?
Heaven
Hell
There IS no "hell". AGAIN, that is a christian invention.

A much better source about this than the one Knutbar stole but did not credit:

Jewish Views of the Afterlife
What happens after we die? Everyone asks that question at one point or another. Though Judaism does not have a definitive answer, below are some of the possible responses that have emerged over the centuries.

•Olam Ha Ba – "Olam Ha Ba" literally means "the world to come" in Hebrew. Early rabbinic texts describe Olam Ha Ba has an idyllic version of this world. It is a physical realm that will exist at the end-of-days, after the Messiah has come and God has judged both the living and the dead. The righteous dead will be resurrected in order to enjoy a second life in Olam Ha Ba. You can learn more about Olam Ha Ba in: "What Is Olam Ha Ba?"
•Gehenna - When the ancient rabbis talk about Gehenna, the question they are trying to answer is "How will bad people be dealt with in the afterlife?" Accordingly, they saw Gehenna as a place of punishment for those who lead an immoral life. However, the time a person's soul could spend in Gehenna was limited to twelve months and the rabbis maintained that even at the very Gates of Gehenna a person could repent and avoid punishment (Erubin 19a). After being punished in Gehenna a soul was considered pure enough to enter Gan Eden (see below). You can learn more about Gehenna in: "What Is Gehenna?
•Gan Eden – In contrast to Gehenna, Gan Eden was conceived as a paradise for those who lived a righteous life. Whether Gan Eden - which means "The Garden of Eden in Hebrew" - was intended as a place for souls after death or for resurrected people when Olam Ha Ba comes is unclear. Exodus Rabbah 15:7 states, for instance: "In the Messianic Age God will establish peace for the nations and they will sit at ease and eat in Gan Eden." Numbers Rabbah 13:2 makes a similar reference and in both cases, neither souls nor the dead are mentioned. Nevertheless, author Simcha Raphael suggests that given the ancient rabbis' belief in resurrection, Gan Eden was likely a place where they thought the righteous would go after they were resurrected for Olam Ha Ba.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/A...

Location hidden

#275124 Jan 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly is propaganda for gullible people like you.
Looked into what? Who is going to admit that they killed their unborn child because it was a girl?
Not everyone is as dishonest as you are Inkstain.

Not everyone believes its a "child". In fact, most normal folks know better.
If you support a woman's right to choose then you support her right to choose to abort a pregnancy with a girl baby.

Oh BULLSHIT.

I support women's right to choose 100%, but I may NOT support the choice they MAKE at all.

Just like I support your right to freedom of speech, I dont agree at all with you CHOOSING to make yourself look like a stupid bitch. But hey, I'll support your right to do that to the death.

Location hidden

#275125 Jan 8, 2013
endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX
Oh gee, another moron heard [email protected]@

Location hidden

#275126 Jan 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You have difficulty with reading comprehension. You must have been tutored by The Great Lily, self-appointed English comprehension monitor of Topix. Lol.
BRILLIANT and so VERY true!

Location hidden

#275127 Jan 8, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Very true.
Except of course its complete and unadulterated bullshit. LOL!

Location hidden

#275128 Jan 8, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Catholicism is the extension of Judaism.
Bullshit. Its a COMPLETE and TOTAL rejection of all things Jewish.

Location hidden

#275129 Jan 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many don't know or believe in Jesus, so here are a few main reasons for anyone who truly wants to know "can Know! This is the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled..
Except he fullfilled NONE of the prophicies.
The Jewish tradition of "The Messiah" has its foundation in numerous biblical references, and understands "The Messiah" to be a human being - without any overtone of deity or divinity - who will bring about certain changes in the world and fulfill certain criteria before he can be acknowledged as "The Messiah".
First of all, he must be Jewish - "...you may appoint a king over you, whom the L-rd your G-d shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you." (Deuteronomy 17:15)
He must be a member of the tribe of Judah - "The staff shall not depart from Judah, nor the sceptre from between his feet..." (Genesis 49:10)
To be a member of the tribe of Judah, the person must have a biological father who is a member of the tribe of Judah.
He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)
The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!
He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)
Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

continued next post.........

Location hidden

#275130 Jan 8, 2013
He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)
At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!
He will rule at a time of world-wide peace - "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)
Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since the time of Jesus?
He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)
The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.
He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)
there are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.
All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah." A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.
Certainly NOT Jesus.

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/index.php...

Clearly you didn't bother to read this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Cheech the Conser... 1,640,288
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 37 min Boo 21,334
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Patriot AKA Bozo 64,108
News SOUTHINGTON: Teens Face Charges In Arson Fires,... (Mar '09) Thu You All Stink 144
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) Nov 14 Ree 113
Morse School of Business, Where are they now? (Dec '06) Nov 12 True 23
News Explosion In School Lab Injures 2 Students (Dec '08) Nov 11 Ih8hyde 33

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages