Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311484 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#274784 Jan 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the night I was saved, I would've agreed with you, but like you, I associated being a christian with giving up all of the "fun " stuff, and making myself go to boring church meeting, once or twice a week.
Yet, when I learned the truth, that is when I was truly "born again ",it freed me, from all that I "thought " I knew.
Looking back, getting drunk and having a "good time ",was not such a good time after all.
Without Christ 'in you "you have No desire for the true things of God.
You only desire the things of the nasty now and now.
A person can be living in a hog pen, but untill he realizes it "spiritualy ",then it is home to him.
Most important, is not how the power of christ can sober up a person, it is how He can give life (eternal life)
It sounds like you were a seriously messed up guy, at one time. You were not the normal non-Christian. Just because you desired nasty things, doesn't mean that all non-Christians live unhealthy lifestyles. You seem to be unable to see anything past your own experience. You were a nasty person, by your own admission. It is ridiculous to draw the conclusion that everyone is like you. For instance, I'm an agnostic and I don't do any of the crap you've described of the life you lived pre-saved.
Gtown71

United States

#274785 Jan 6, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coincidence...you and Gtown both have the same proxy ip.
What's a proxy ip??? I know you guys prob know this, is it internet provider? Becouse I was in Nashville Tn this week end.

I'm home now. Which is 1 mile from corinth ms.
Gtown71

United States

#274786 Jan 6, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in your christ. You will not convert me. Stop trying.
Well anything I could convert you to, another could convert you out of.
God, is the only one who can convert anyone, just like He did me in 2000.

I realize that most religious people were either raised up into their religion, or chose to "sign up " into their religion, for different reasons, but I can promise you the night I was born again, it was not the doings of any man, or woman, it was a one on one, with me and God.

I just pray you know enough, to know who it is tugging at your heart,if He tuggs again, that's all.:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274787 Jan 6, 2013
As the old saying goes, there is nothing more dangerous than a convert.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you were a seriously messed up guy, at one time. You were not the normal non-Christian. Just because you desired nasty things, doesn't mean that all non-Christians live unhealthy lifestyles. You seem to be unable to see anything past your own experience. You were a nasty person, by your own admission. It is ridiculous to draw the conclusion that everyone is like you. For instance, I'm an agnostic and I don't do any of the crap you've described of the life you lived pre-saved.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274788 Jan 6, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really ? C'mon....this whole argument is absurd. If the end result (death) is all that matters then we might as well scrap all of the murder, homicide, manslaughter, etc. statutes on the books right now. I mean....dead is dead right ?
Nope. But abortion, which is what the discussion is about, isn't murder. Never has been, never will be.
Would there be a difference in our country and in the world today if on Sept 11, 2001 the twin towers had been impacted by a commercial airliner that got lost in a dense fog as opposed to what really happened ?
Really? You're comparing women's right to make their own medical decisions regarding abortion to 9/11?

There is no difference in the country or the world today because women had abortions on Friday. And there wont be any difference in the country or the word tomorrow when women have abortions.

Women's private and personal medical decisions dont affect ANY of us in any way, shape or form.

Location hidden

#274789 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
You proaborts need to stop bullying the decent folks on here. You proaborts need to stop trying take away the rights of Christian followers to express their religious views. The are doing God's work and you proaborts have no right to interfere.
You cowardly freaks need to stop trying to control what others think, say and do. Especially when you are too cowardly to even post as the OP's you'd be known as. Oh and playing forum moderator was just stupid, and this ain't much better Stinky.

Location hidden

#274790 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Seek Jesus and you shall find him!
FOUND HIM!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/...

He was behind the couch the whole time.

Location hidden

#274791 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll one day learn that homosexuality is an abomination. You'll answer to God the Father for your sick and immoral lifestyle.
Since G-d created homosexuality, I'd say He's a lot more open minded than you are.

But y'know? MOST of us are very cool with answering to G-d for how we live our lives.

Not one of us lives a sick OR immoral lifestyle. FACT: Our "lifestyles" are no different than anyone elses, except of course for the likes of YOU who includes hate and intolerance in YOUR lifestyles.

Otherwise, we're working and living and loving and paying our bills and doing everything everyone else does in THEIR "lifestyles".

Personally, I'm glad I'm not going to be with the likes of YOU when you have to face G-d about spreading hate and bullshit in HIS name.

You dont even have the sense to be ashamed.

Location hidden

#274792 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie wicked woman.
Then post under the name you're known as, and stop hiding your ISP.

Otherwise you not only lie, but you're a COWARD.

Actually, either way you're a joke.

Carry on freak.

Location hidden

#274793 Jan 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a proxy ip??? I know you guys prob know this, is it internet provider? Becouse I was in Nashville Tn this week end.
I'm home now. Which is 1 mile from corinth ms.
Since you're using a proxy, you know what it is. Please dont lie and say you dont know what it is.

Topix doesn't have general "United States" ISP's for nonregistered members.
Gtown71

United States

#274794 Jan 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're using a proxy, you know what it is. Please dont lie and say you dont know what it is.
Topix doesn't have general "United States" ISP's for nonregistered members.
I do not know what a proxy is.
I use a straight talk phone
Gtown71

United States

#274795 Jan 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you were a seriously messed up guy, at one time. You were not the normal non-Christian. Just because you desired nasty things, doesn't mean that all non-Christians live unhealthy lifestyles. You seem to be unable to see anything past your own experience. You were a nasty person, by your own admission. It is ridiculous to draw the conclusion that everyone is like you. For instance, I'm an agnostic and I don't do any of the crap you've described of the life you lived pre-saved.
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
I said that I had lied before.
When I was a teen I stoled a radio
I have lied many times in my life
I've used Gods name in vain many times

Are these the things you call nasty?
Well I agree, they are, but the deal is God is Holy, He demands perfection to enter Heaven.

His only begotten Son Jesus Christ was the only one to live perfect.

A person either dies covered in His rightousness, or they die in their own self rightousness.

I hope you have been a "good " person.
I have not.

Yet God says, thay your best day, is filthy rags in His sight.

If you've ever sinned once that means you.

As far as my born again experience, you are correct I can't see, or get past what He did for me.

As far as our sins, we all vary.
Some have more sins then others.

It is not sins that are the problem.
It is SIN that people have, that seperates them from a Holy God.

2 of the biggest reasons people don't come to christ, is becouse they feel they have did waay to much bad, and cannot possibly be forgiven, or they have lived a real "good " life, and don't feel like they need to.
Both are wrong.

As long as you compare yourself to others, you will always find soneone worse then you.
When you see yourself as God see's you, you will no longer be bragging about how "good " you are.

The sins we commit are like sneezing and coughing, they are signs of a deeper root problem.

People will sneeze and cough untill the deep root problem, is fixed. And even then they will sneeze and cough from time to time, but they will no longer be sick.

Vitgins go to the same Hell whores go to
Sober people go to the same Hell drunks go to.

You will meet God one day.
I truly pray, that He will be your savior, and not your judge.

Location hidden

#274796 Jan 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know what a proxy is.
I use a straight talk phone
Ah. I sincerely apologize, I forgot that phones DO tend to use US proxy's.
Gtown71

United States

#274797 Jan 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. I sincerely apologize, I forgot that phones DO tend to use US proxy's.
No problem. I still don't know what a proxy is though. Lol
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#274798 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Problem is, you think you speak the truth, when the truth is that a person's free will is something not even G-d disturbs.
Insightful analysis? ROFLMFAO!!
For anything to be an analysis, objectivity is a required element, and you were absent the day G-d passed out objectivity. For something to be insightful, it must point out something the receiver didn't know, or of which he/she wasn't aware. And you've failed miserably at both.
Try again idolater.
My well written rebuttal of all your bs, really got to you didn't it? To bad, anti-Chrisitian pagan bigot
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#274799 Jan 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
As the old saying goes, there is nothing more dangerous than a convert.
<quoted text>
You have old cd pegged!
Help Raped Girl

Whitesboro, NY

#274800 Jan 6, 2013
If you have a minute could you help a raped girl.

This was copied from the town she was raped in.

What would you do if your daughter, sister was raped ?

Have you seen the posts where these animals are calling this poor victim disgusting things on topix ?

You can help.

If you watch the video's please use discretion, as they are disturbing.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/mak...

http://www.change.org/petitions/oh-bar-associ...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ass...

A giant thanks to poster "Mollypot" with address

Indiana, PA , Thank you.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#274801 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps. But, real Christians put their faith on the same Jeebus that Catholics do. The same one who died like the criminal he was, for claiming to be someone he wasn't.
"And I stand by that statement."

An anti-Chrisitan hater.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#274802 Jan 6, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The operative word is "support". That is what I call one dimensional thinking. You can't separate supporting the "right" from supporting the "choice".
"The operative word is "support". That is what I call one dimensional thinking. You can't separate supporting the "right" from supporting the "choice"."

We agree my angry Zionist friend. Now please explain your statement to pagan queen biter and her fellow silly semantic game playing proabrtion pagans.

As a real Jew, your people have suffered greatly over the millenia becasue of falsehoods passed off as facts. Much like the silly parsing biter and her proabortion pagsn do with words to justify abortion while claiming they are doing no such thing.

Histoy is a funny thing, it has a tendency to repeat itself unless you call the bullshitters on their bullshit.

You can't really be prochoice, without support the chiolice of abortion.

You could not be a Nazii without supporting the holocaust.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#274803 Jan 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
I said that I had lied before.
When I was a teen I stoled a radio
I have lied many times in my life
I've used Gods name in vain many times
Are these the things you call nasty?
Well I agree, they are, but the deal is God is Holy, He demands perfection to enter Heaven.
His only begotten Son Jesus Christ was the only one to live perfect.
A person either dies covered in His rightousness, or they die in their own self rightousness.
I hope you have been a "good " person.
I have not.
Yet God says, thay your best day, is filthy rags in His sight.
If you've ever sinned once that means you.
As far as my born again experience, you are correct I can't see, or get past what He did for me.
As far as our sins, we all vary.
Some have more sins then others.
It is not sins that are the problem.
It is SIN that people have, that seperates them from a Holy God.
2 of the biggest reasons people don't come to christ, is becouse they feel they have did waay to much bad, and cannot possibly be forgiven, or they have lived a real "good " life, and don't feel like they need to.
Both are wrong.
As long as you compare yourself to others, you will always find soneone worse then you.
When you see yourself as God see's you, you will no longer be bragging about how "good " you are.
The sins we commit are like sneezing and coughing, they are signs of a deeper root problem.
People will sneeze and cough untill the deep root problem, is fixed. And even then they will sneeze and cough from time to time, but they will no longer be sick.
Vitgins go to the same Hell whores go to
Sober people go to the same Hell drunks go to.
You will meet God one day.
I truly pray, that He will be your savior, and not your judge.
Wow, you need to remember the BS you write in previous posts. You wrote a whole list of transgressions you committed in your past, including some serious ones. Scroll back, read up on yourself. And, pray for yourself while your at it... you've got issues, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min ester povington 1,403,055
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr TRD 70,820
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri JackArmStrong 20,383
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Jul 21 Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages