Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316385 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#274770 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Good will always win out over evil!
Truth!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#274771 Jan 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Remember, this is a man who stops just short of yearning for the days when women married in their teens and immediately started churning out babies.
Yeah, I bet he'd just love polygamy too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#274772 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very insightful man.
What a coincidence...you and Gtown both have the same proxy ip.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#274773 Jan 6, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
K&P...?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#274774 Jan 6, 2013
Duh wordz of goD will Set me freeeeee. I gots eternal life, na-nanananana.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#274775 Jan 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
K&P...?
She is certainly a crackpot fundie, but I don't think I've ever seen her make such Taliban style remarks as the ones BraveAss makes. I think the "Mod" and "Voice of Insanity" and "BraveAss" are all the same, and all hiding behind the same proxy.

Right now Knut is spending her time on another thread telling everyone how loving and wonderful the Killer Pope is...lol.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#274777 Jan 6, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>Knew I couldn't ??? I just did ! No, check that.....YOU did.
As soon as you acknowledged that there was validity in my claim that FHL's exist to establish the fetus as a separate victim and establish a mechanism with which a perpetrator could be charged and punished for a separate homicide....then you acknowledged that your claim that "Fetal Homicide laws (FHLs) exist for ONE purpose and one purpose ONLY" was not true.

Whether FHL's act as a deterrent and as such "protect" the woman's right to carry to term, is a matter for debate. After all we have laws against murder, rape, robbery, assault, et al and these things still occur. So are the laws really a deterrent ?
Then again, what is NOT debatable is that FHL's establish a mechanism for PUNITIVE measures against a perp for a crime against a fetus.

[QUOTE]This matter has been put to bed long ago."

I thought so too, which is why I was surprised to see you and tinker bell bring up the same inaccuracy.

[QUOTE]Let sleeping dogs lie Doc, including your babble about viability.
Seems like regurgitating already digested matters is your m.o. "

Get real. This entire forum is a vehicle for regurgitating already discussed material over and over and over again.
And as long as I see fallacies continue to be promoted here, I'll continue to point em out. Like this gem.....

Vladdy : Viability is defined as the ability to survive outside the womb WITHOUT medical assistance.

Vladdy : Artificial life support means nothing unless the fetus is viable.

I will continue to delight in pointing out such blatantly contradictory idiocy.....especially when its done a by a pretentious blowhard who passes himself off as a supposed authority on everything.

You can scroll on by if you don't like it.
Do you believe in cause and effect? If so, and you have an iota of intelligence, then you'll see your way clear to admitting that with regard to FHLs, the cause is protection of a woman's right to carry her pregnancy to term, and the effect if such right is denied, is the availability for prosecution of the perp for a separate offense.

"So are the laws really a deterrent ?"

Don't be that obtuse Doc. Are traffic laws not designed to keep people from violating them by the assessment of fines? Are DUI laws not designed to keep people from driving drunk?

"Vladdy : Viability is defined as the ability to survive outside the womb WITHOUT medical assistance.

Vladdy : Artificial life support means nothing unless the fetus is viable."

What's wrong with either statement?

Until you can find a law that applies to the entire medical profession, and that expressly conditions viability on medical assistance, both statements will remain true.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274778 Jan 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Before the night I was saved, I would've agreed with you, but like you, I associated being a christian with giving up all of the "fun " stuff, and making myself go to boring church meeting, once or twice a week.

Yet, when I learned the truth, that is when I was truly "born again ",it freed me, from all that I "thought " I knew.
Looking back, getting drunk and having a "good time ",was not such a good time after all.

Without Christ 'in you "you have No desire for the true things of God.
You only desire the things of the nasty now and now.

A person can be living in a hog pen, but untill he realizes it "spiritualy ",then it is home to him.

Most important, is not how the power of christ can sober up a person, it is how He can give life (eternal life)
I don't believe in your christ. You will not convert me. Stop trying.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274779 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
You proaborts need to stop bullying the decent folks on here. You proaborts need to stop trying take away the rights of Christian followers to express their religious views. The are doing God's work and you proaborts have no right to interfere.
That door swings both ways dumbass.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274780 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Seek Jesus and you shall find him! Women who would turn to abortion as an answer are wicked and need ti guiding hand of a righteous man to help her see the true and right path!
Have you found Jeebus? What's his address? It would be polite for you to send him a birthday card at Christmas.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274781 Jan 6, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, look, it's the false "forum mod". Is lying part of your God's "work"?
These fetus worshiping idolaters are really getting desperate Bit.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274783 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>I don't lie wicked woman.
Perhaps. But you sure judge when your Jeebus forbids it. Notwithstanding that you're another idolater who violates the first, commandment; "thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#274784 Jan 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the night I was saved, I would've agreed with you, but like you, I associated being a christian with giving up all of the "fun " stuff, and making myself go to boring church meeting, once or twice a week.
Yet, when I learned the truth, that is when I was truly "born again ",it freed me, from all that I "thought " I knew.
Looking back, getting drunk and having a "good time ",was not such a good time after all.
Without Christ 'in you "you have No desire for the true things of God.
You only desire the things of the nasty now and now.
A person can be living in a hog pen, but untill he realizes it "spiritualy ",then it is home to him.
Most important, is not how the power of christ can sober up a person, it is how He can give life (eternal life)
It sounds like you were a seriously messed up guy, at one time. You were not the normal non-Christian. Just because you desired nasty things, doesn't mean that all non-Christians live unhealthy lifestyles. You seem to be unable to see anything past your own experience. You were a nasty person, by your own admission. It is ridiculous to draw the conclusion that everyone is like you. For instance, I'm an agnostic and I don't do any of the crap you've described of the life you lived pre-saved.
Gtown71

United States

#274785 Jan 6, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a proxy ip??? I know you guys prob know this, is it internet provider? Becouse I was in Nashville Tn this week end.

I'm home now. Which is 1 mile from corinth ms.
Gtown71

United States

#274786 Jan 6, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in your christ. You will not convert me. Stop trying.
Well anything I could convert you to, another could convert you out of.
God, is the only one who can convert anyone, just like He did me in 2000.

I realize that most religious people were either raised up into their religion, or chose to "sign up " into their religion, for different reasons, but I can promise you the night I was born again, it was not the doings of any man, or woman, it was a one on one, with me and God.

I just pray you know enough, to know who it is tugging at your heart,if He tuggs again, that's all.:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274787 Jan 6, 2013
As the old saying goes, there is nothing more dangerous than a convert.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you were a seriously messed up guy, at one time. You were not the normal non-Christian. Just because you desired nasty things, doesn't mean that all non-Christians live unhealthy lifestyles. You seem to be unable to see anything past your own experience. You were a nasty person, by your own admission. It is ridiculous to draw the conclusion that everyone is like you. For instance, I'm an agnostic and I don't do any of the crap you've described of the life you lived pre-saved.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274788 Jan 6, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really ? C'mon....this whole argument is absurd. If the end result (death) is all that matters then we might as well scrap all of the murder, homicide, manslaughter, etc. statutes on the books right now. I mean....dead is dead right ?
Nope. But abortion, which is what the discussion is about, isn't murder. Never has been, never will be.
Would there be a difference in our country and in the world today if on Sept 11, 2001 the twin towers had been impacted by a commercial airliner that got lost in a dense fog as opposed to what really happened ?
Really? You're comparing women's right to make their own medical decisions regarding abortion to 9/11?

There is no difference in the country or the world today because women had abortions on Friday. And there wont be any difference in the country or the word tomorrow when women have abortions.

Women's private and personal medical decisions dont affect ANY of us in any way, shape or form.

Location hidden

#274789 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
You proaborts need to stop bullying the decent folks on here. You proaborts need to stop trying take away the rights of Christian followers to express their religious views. The are doing God's work and you proaborts have no right to interfere.
You cowardly freaks need to stop trying to control what others think, say and do. Especially when you are too cowardly to even post as the OP's you'd be known as. Oh and playing forum moderator was just stupid, and this ain't much better Stinky.

Location hidden

#274790 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Seek Jesus and you shall find him!
FOUND HIM!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/...

He was behind the couch the whole time.

Location hidden

#274791 Jan 6, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll one day learn that homosexuality is an abomination. You'll answer to God the Father for your sick and immoral lifestyle.
Since G-d created homosexuality, I'd say He's a lot more open minded than you are.

But y'know? MOST of us are very cool with answering to G-d for how we live our lives.

Not one of us lives a sick OR immoral lifestyle. FACT: Our "lifestyles" are no different than anyone elses, except of course for the likes of YOU who includes hate and intolerance in YOUR lifestyles.

Otherwise, we're working and living and loving and paying our bills and doing everything everyone else does in THEIR "lifestyles".

Personally, I'm glad I'm not going to be with the likes of YOU when you have to face G-d about spreading hate and bullshit in HIS name.

You dont even have the sense to be ashamed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,582,353
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Sun Warning 44
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun Agents of Corruption 63,946
News While Somers writes, her representatives work Sat Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages