Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,214
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#274036 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I never had the luxury, because I was taught that lying is always bad!
Me, too!

Atrisco Village

#274037 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't tell my child that santa is real, or the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy, and I have never lied on any of my post here,(intentionaly), if I did get something wrong, it was becouse I was ignorant about the facts of what was being discussed (which I can be), but in my life I have lied many many many times, so what does that make me???
I've also stolen stuff before -what does that make me???
I've cheated on my wife -what does that make me???
I've used Gods name in vain -what does that make me???
According to the bible, if you even hate someone, you have already commited murder in your heart (I have), so what does that make me??
I've been selfish, selfcentered??
I've had envy
I've been drunk several times -what does that make me??
That makes you normal... and busy, if you did all that today. Quit bragging

Atrisco Village

#274038 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
RC backs out slowly.... not looking around, eyes, head facing the ground and tip toes out...turning the knob before closing it so it doesn't make the click sound...
Click.
Gtown71

United States

#274039 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, but I probably would if I knew how.
<quoted text>ummmmm errrrr well yeah, if you put it that way... I mean I try, but I fail too. And I do believe what you do,,, I guess, to a point, but I don't know... I already know I'm a hypocrite...
So how is the weather where you're from?
Oh yea thanks, I forgot to add hypocrit to my list. Lol
It is about 40 degrees?

I live one mile from corinth ms.
In mcnairy co.
Remember walking tall?
My land was right there in the middle.

I have met a couple of the "players ",from back then.
One got saved 5 years ago
Gtown71

United States

#274040 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That makes you normal... and busy, if you did all that today. Quit bragging
Lol -just trying to show where I, you, we stand with God.
Only you will be able to see it for you.

I'm not trying to judge you or anyone, did you see my list? I can't :)

Atrisco Village

#274041 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol -just trying to show where I, you, we stand with God.
Only you will be able to see it for you.
I'm not trying to judge you or anyone, did you see my list? I can't :)
You do judge anyone who doesn't share your religious philosophy. If you don't, you need to learn better communication skills. You come at us with your message like a linebacker wielding an ax.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#274042 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Before you say I'm crazy, just remember that about 70% of the amazon has never been explored.
You mean cut down.
Gtown71

United States

#274043 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You do judge anyone who doesn't share your religious philosophy. If you don't, you need to learn better communication skills. You come at us with your message like a linebacker wielding an ax.
I'll accept that,but it truly is the secound reason you give, and not the first.

I forget, that I didn't give 2 cents about God for years, but I cannot forget the night I met Him.

I am teachable.

I WILL try and remember what you said, becouse I do believe you were honest, and not trying to top another like we find ourselves doing way to often ;)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274044 Jan 2, 2013
Evolution does not equal growth. Most species have downsized over millennia because smaller bodies require less food and energy--that is adapting to the environment. As you pointed out, the very atmosphere favors smaller organisms.

Using the bible to prove the bible is meaningless.

There are a few species of reptiles left from ancient times that have changed little, but those include crocodilians and the tuatara, not the larger variety. None of which is relevant; these species are well-adapted to their environment.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if we are evolving, you would think turttles would be as big, or bigger today, then years ago.
Plus, they have dragon flys, with a six feet wingspan (that would take off your bugsheild, and the hood!) Lol
Could a two ft long stalactite, or stalagmite form in less then 500 years, or what is the fastest time it would take?
According to the bible, the main reason the people did not believe in Noah, was becouse it had never rained before.water misted from the ground.
I'm sure they laughed at Noah, and said things like you're an idiot.
Water don't come from the sky -prove it.
After the flood, we lost our canopy, between us and the sun.
Oxygen levels have reduced greatly.
Bigger plants before.
Bigger plants -bigger animals.
Reptiles never stop growing.
There are still a few dino's left.
Amazon river,and even monster quest did a show on them.
In a very remote part, the few people that live there, but never came to america, to study evolution, always points to a pic of a plant eating dino that lives in the river.
It won't eat you, but will smash your wooden boat and drown you.
Before you say I'm crazy, just remember that about 70% of the amazon has never been explored.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274045 Jan 3, 2013
PastorBob666 wrote:
<<Anyone can believe anything they want, but unless they can produce concrete, measurable proof to support that belief then that's all it will ever be...just their belief. >>
How about disbelief? I don't believe in any deities. It's common for religious believers to claim that atheism is a belief. It's not clear why so many assume or insist that atheism must be a belief, though one reason may be that theism is a belief so people assume there is a direct parallel between atheism and theism: if theism is a belief, then atheism must also be a belief. This analogy is not valid; just because theism is a belief doesn't make atheism a belief.
I cannot produce any concrete proof that there is not a deity somewhere. But I don't have to. The ones who believe in some sky daddy are the ones who have to provide some concrete, testable, falsifiable proof of the existence of that deity.
I just wanted to add that b/c there are some religious nuts on this board who will stupidly claim atheism is a belief or a religion.
Some will even cite the first amendment legal case from the 7th circuit: http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/
Of course, the ruling is narrowly construed for the purposes of an atheist inmate who was denied the right to have an atheist study group in prison. Nowhere does the ruling go beyond that inmate's rights when it says atheism is a religion.
The attorney who analyzed that case for the World Nut Daily failed (probably on purpose) to read this part of the decision:
"... whether atheism is a 'religion' for First Amendment purposes is a somewhat different question than whether its adherents believe in a supreme being, or attend regular devotional services, or have a sacred Scripture."
The one legged karate king lawyer weighs in. Still sitting on that park bench outside the Homeless shelter in DC?
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274046 Jan 3, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I did, I was pregnant, and showing, but I did! lol
Even though you entered the Holy Sacrement of marriage as a despoiled wh00re, God will forgive you if you ask him.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274047 Jan 3, 2013
PastorBob666 wrote:
<<ALL real Jews don't beleive in abortion.>>
Bullpuckey! I was born a Jew.
Judaism does not forbid abortion, but it does not permit abortion on demand. Abortion is only permitted for serious reasons.
Judaism expects every case to be considered on its own merits and the decision to be taken after consultation with a rabbi competent to give advice on such matters.
Strict Judaism permits abortion only in cases where continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in serious danger.
In such circumstance (where allowing the pregnancy to continue would kill the mother) Judaism INSISTS that the fetus MUST be aborted, since the mother's life is more important than that of the foetus.
Jewish law is more lenient concerning abortions in the first forty days of pregnancy as it considers the embryo to be of relatively low value during this time.
Abortions because of defects in the fetus or to protect the mental health of the mother are forbidden by some schools of Judaism and permitted by others under differing circumstances.
The argument for allowing such abortions is normally based on the pain that will be caused to the mother if the pregnancy is allowed to continue.
Sanctity of life and abortion
Well bubba, the great faux jews, foomuffchew and CD disagree with you and claim Jews are free to kill the unborn any damn time they want. So there.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274048 Jan 3, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Did you mention to that Rabbi(?) that in your religion ALL abortions were elective?
You might be interested to know that the first signal of an anti-Semite is when that person says, "I have a best friend who is Jewish."
Why do I bother???
You got me you old Zionist anti-Christin bigot. My best friend is Jewish. I guess I better tell him what I am, according to a senile Zionist proabortionist.

By the way, he finds all this fascinating. He said he has never heard of normal jews spending so much time making fun of and attacking Christians on the internet and claiming it is a Jewish thing to do.

He did say jews, like all other folks have their share of kooks. All I could say was Amen.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274049 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yep, keep telling those silly jews what they are getting wrong about their own religion.
<quoted text>
Just like those silly proabort pagans keep telling Chrisitians what they are getting wrong about their own Faith. Imagine that.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274050 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY EVER CLAIMED that Jews agree with elective abortion you dumbass. However, they dont want it made illegal either.
I dont believe you have a best friend, and I CERTAINLY dont believe you EVER spoke to a rabbi about abortion. You would'nt spew the crap you do if you did.
Careful, you are starting to sound like biter. You have alluded to that very thing in the past. I think old pasturized bubba, a real jew, got you.

Oh oh!
Gtown71

United States

#274051 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Evolution does not equal growth. Most species have downsized over millennia because smaller bodies require less food and energy--that is adapting to the environment. As you pointed out, the very atmosphere favors smaller organisms.
Using the bible to prove the bible is meaningless.
There are a few species of reptiles left from ancient times that have changed little, but those include crocodilians and the tuatara, not the larger variety. None of which is relevant; these species are well-adapted to their environment.
<quoted text>
Well, the bible is not A book, it is many books, written by many different men "under the guidance of the Holy Spirit ",many years apart.

So to say there are not any other books that back up the bible is not right.

People seem to think a few men set down, and wrote the bible, in a few weeks time, and that there is no other book to back it up.

There are 66 books in the bible alone.

Plus, there are 6 basic concepts of evolution,or are they???

1. COSMIC EVOLUTION : Big bang maked hydrogen
2. CHEMICAL EVOLUTION : Higher elements evolve
3. EVOLUTION OF STARS AND PLANETS FROM GAS
4. ORGANIC EVOLUTION : Life from rocks
5. MACRO EVOLUTION : Changes between kinds of plants and animals
6. MICRO EVOLUTION : Changes within kinds

ONLY THE LAST ONE HAS BEEN OBSERVED, AND CAN BE CALLED SCIENCE
THE FIRST FIVE ARE "BELIEVED BY FAITH "

LUCY, nearly all experts agree that lucy was a 3 ft. Tall chimpanzee

NEBRASKA MAN, scientificaly built up from ONE tooth, later found to be the tooth of a pig

MODERN MAN, this genius thinks we came from monkeys, or slim covered rocks. Lol

Not to mention the basis for it all, and that was a tiny dot, that begin to spin so fast, that "BIG BANG ",and our universe was born.

The main problem with the idea that all these planets spin around in the solar system, is that two of the planets, spin in the opposite direction.

God does take faith.
"For by grace are ye saved, through faith.
Nothing we can do to "earn "it. Its a free gift.
Nothing we can do, to brag about how we deserve heaven.

Evolution takes more faith, snd yet promises little, if anything.
Ocean56

AOL

#274052 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
What you see as oppression, others see as freedom.
I'm 41 years old, and started dating my now wife at age 14 -we were married when I was 19, and still are (by the Grace of God).
By "others," I think you mean regressive religionists like yourself. If a husband is also a woman's BOSS, that is extremely oppressive to me, no matter how many times you claim otherwise. In fact, I consider such an arrangement to be the equivalent of marital slavery, which I don't believe is good for any woman.

You can call it "freedom" all you want, pal. I still call such an arrangement OPPRESSION.
Ocean56

AOL

#274053 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
You've obviously never had a child. Nor do you understand our human sinful nature.
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE

As far as I'M concerned, the whole "sin" thing is a ridiculous concept invented by religious clerics to control the masses.

It's one of the many reasons I kicked the toxic baggage of the Catholic Church to the curb over 20 years ago and haven't regretted that decision for a minute.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#274054 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Another living a lie.
Satan IS the master of deception. He deceives many :/
Very sad bitler. Why don't you open your heart to the truth for the love of your kids at least. You're going to be held accountable for their destruction.
You're spouting nonsense again.
Ocean56

AOL

#274055 Jan 3, 2013
Bitner wrote:
You're spouting nonsense again.
Doesn't she (sASSy) always do that? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Fair Game 47,482
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min ricer 1,124,892
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 69,978
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) 52 min Jonah1 16,148
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Cry Baby 19,374
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr TRD 68,635
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Oct 13 Day In Court 66
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]