Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317630 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#274060 Jan 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE
As far as I'M concerned, the whole "sin" thing is a ridiculous concept invented by religious clerics to control the masses.
It's one of the many reasons I kicked the toxic baggage of the Catholic Church to the curb over 20 years ago and haven't regretted that decision for a minute.
You just don't want anyone to tell you what you can or can't do. its likely you are a control freak and you control freaks don't make good Christians because being humble is a foreign concept to them.

I bet you are the kind of person who won't take 'no' for an answer, yes?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274061 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She can't stand that most women who have abortions go on to live their lives without remorse or guilt about it. She seems to have fixated on me; I'm obviously one of those women. I think she is that anonymous poster who stalks me, obsessing about me being a nurse. No one else worries or cares about my job or my posting time. Do you think she's the person who posts obscene posts, lately?
It wouldn't shock me, its the same ISP as that one.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#274062 Jan 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
By "others," I think you mean regressive religionists like yourself. If a husband is also a woman's BOSS, that is extremely oppressive to me, no matter how many times you claim otherwise. In fact, I consider such an arrangement to be the equivalent of marital slavery, which I don't believe is good for any woman.
You can call it "freedom" all you want, pal. I still call such an arrangement OPPRESSION.
I think you have to be more specific as to what defines 'oppression'.

For example, if a husband demands that his wife not wear skin-tight jeans and a skin-tight shirt when she goes to the grocery store, that is a reasonable request because he doesn't want men to hit on his wife. This is not oppression.

Now, if a husband were to install security cameras throughout the inside of his house because he wanted to make sure that his wife had cleaned the house while he was at work, now this would be oppression.

Location hidden

#274063 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol -just trying to show where I, you, we stand with God.
You dont get to say where ANYONE BUT YOU stands with G-d.

Many of us have no use for and dont believe in your version of g-d, so why do you feel a need to cram it down other's throats as if it has any validity?

IF you are such a believer(and I personally dont believe you really are), that's wonderful for you. Relationships with G-d however are very personal and private. Worry about where you stand and let everyone else worry about where THEY stand, because you dont have a clue when it comes to anyone else.

Location hidden

#274064 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You do judge anyone who doesn't share your religious philosophy. If you don't, you need to learn better communication skills. You come at us with your message like a linebacker wielding an ax.
Exactly.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#274065 Jan 3, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
If a "fetus", as you like to call an unborn child, has no rights, explain why if someone kills both a pregnant woman and her unborn child it is considered a DOUBLE homicide?
Fetal Homicide laws (FHLs) exist for one purpose and one purpose only; to protect a woman's right to carry a pregnancy to term, and all that such entails. Any other argument is futile, because it simply isn't true. And you want to know why that is? Look up each and every state's own FHL and you'll find that each and every one of them has an exception from prosecution for doctor who performs a legal abortion.

The intent of the legislature with regard to FHLs was never to confer rights on the unborn, because the legislature cannot act against the constitution and the 14th Amendment states that those who have equal protection under the law are persons, and the very same Amendment defines citizens as "[a]ll persons born [emphasis added] or naturalized in the United States....." So, by process of elimination, persons with rights are born.
bman wrote:
I didn't make this up it's in the lawbooks.
Cite the case, or the statute that explicitly says a fetus has any rights.
bman wrote:
If a fetus is "part" of the woman's body, then why unlike other bodyparts, does it come out and live and breathe on HIS or HER own and become one's self?
Nature's design does not preclude the biological fact that a fetus, while in uteri, is part of the woman's body. If you want to make an argument that a fetus isn't part of a human's body, then explain why it needs an umbilical cord for its very own existence, while in uteri.
bman wrote:
It's the cycle of life my friend, a fetus isn't something to ignore, it's something to care for. By the way slaveowners in the south argued that it was their "constitutional right" to own a slave. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's always right.
And who says fetuses are being ignored and/or not cared for? You're confusing advocacy for the rights of a woman to make her own decisions regarding her pregnancy with not caring for, or ignoring her unborn. And that's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

"Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's always right."

Very true. But that's not my contention. BTW, the opposite is also true; just because something is right, does not mean it's also legal. If it was, then the free practice of religion would preempt any and all prosecution of parents who deny their children medical treatment at a time when medical treatment is NECESSARY. Now, do you believe faith healing is right, or legal, or both? Why?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274066 Jan 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year, Hot Stuff!!!
(HNY one and all!)
;-x

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#274067 Jan 3, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetal Homicide laws (FHLs) exist for one purpose and one purpose only; to protect a woman's right to carry a pregnancy to term, and all that such entails. Any other argument is futile, because it simply isn't true. And you want to know why that is? Look up each and every state's own FHL and you'll find that each and every one of them has an exception from prosecution for doctor who performs a legal abortion...
It seems to me that the abortion doctors wanted an exception from prosecution because they know that what they do amounts to murder.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274068 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>Evil is of Satan.
Are you making a blanket statement applicable to ALL evil? Because there are many, whom if asked whether they believe the great flood, or the incineration of Sodom and Gomorrah were an evil, an unequivocal "yes" would be their answer.

Better think about that again dweeb. You and you "Rambunctious Catholic Commandos" (another term to which the RCC acronym applies), as well as you xtian hypocrite pals of all other denominations, believe that "EVERYTHING" that happens, is G-d's will. So, if that's true, then evil is of G-d, not of "Satan."

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274069 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO are you seriously ignoring what he said about "most" Jews? Or how about when foo speaksnfor all Jews?
I know authentic PRACTICING Jews...I believe them over wishy washy versions who mock God.
Well...I shouldnt say mock God. God will not be mocked.
You mock G-d with every word you write and probably speak.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#274070 Jan 3, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making a blanket statement applicable to ALL evil? Because there are many, whom if asked whether they believe the great flood, or the incineration of Sodom and Gomorrah were an evil, an unequivocal "yes" would be their answer.
Better think about that again dweeb. You and you "Rambunctious Catholic Commandos" (another term to which the RCC acronym applies), as well as you xtian hypocrite pals of all other denominations, believe that "EVERYTHING" that happens, is G-d's will. So, if that's true, then evil is of G-d, not of "Satan."
You're confusing evil with just punishment.

God is both merciful and just.

He always gives people a chance/a certain period of time to turn away from sinful ways, this is His mercy in action. For thousand of years, He sent prophets out among the population to spread the message that they needed to stop sinning or face His just punishment.

I personally believe that us 'Catholic Commandos' are modern-day prophets and God is speaking through us, trying to tell you Pro-Choice people to stop the great sin of abortion.

The time may be coming when God delivers just punishment upon America and our nation will suffer greatly for all the millions of babies that were murdered inside their mother's wombs.

Location hidden

#274071 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that the abortion doctors wanted an exception from prosecution because they know that what they do amounts to murder.
Except it does NOT amount to murder. Abortion has NEVER been considered murder in the history of the United States. I know, its another tough shit moment for you, but its a fact. Never has been, never will be, and nobody that matters really cares what crazy people like yourself think.

Location hidden

#274072 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe that us 'Catholic Commandos' are modern-day prophets and God is speaking through us,.....
BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAA AAAAAA

OMG This is TOO damn funny!!!

More like Jackasses for Jesus.

G-d dont need the likes of you to speak though, in fact, you do more damage than good to your cause and you're too pathetic to see it.

Location hidden

#274073 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO are you seriously ignoring what he said about "most" Jews?
Grumpy was correct in his comments.
Or how about when foo speaksnfor all Jews?
I defy you to show where I've EVER claimed to speak for ALL Jews.

You are a lying sack of shit Skanky.
I know authentic PRACTICING Jews...I believe them over wishy washy versions who mock God.
Practicing Jews like myself, would never mock G-d. And yes Skanky, I am a practicing Jew.

We mock YOU and we mock you claims ABOUT your version of "g-d" since your jesus isn't g-d.
God will not be mocked.
ROFLMAO Whothefuckyou think your kidding? YOU mock G-d ***ALL*** the time. Your own with your lies, bearing false witness etc, and other faith's G-d as well.

Location hidden

#274074 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>

The time may be coming when God delivers just punishment upon America and our nation will suffer greatly for all the millions of babies that were murdered inside their mother's wombs.
That's one SERIOUSLY FKED UP "g-d" you believe in there son. YOu can have [email protected]@

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274075 Jan 3, 2013
PastorBob666 wrote:
<<Anyone can believe anything they want, but unless they can produce concrete, measurable proof to support that belief then that's all it will ever be...just their belief. >>
How about disbelief? I don't believe in any deities. It's common for religious believers to claim that atheism is a belief. It's not clear why so many assume or insist that atheism must be a belief, though one reason may be that theism is a belief so people assume there is a direct parallel between atheism and theism: if theism is a belief, then atheism must also be a belief. This analogy is not valid; just because theism is a belief doesn't make atheism a belief.
I cannot produce any concrete proof that there is not a deity somewhere. But I don't have to. The ones who believe in some sky daddy are the ones who have to provide some concrete, testable, falsifiable proof of the existence of that deity.
I just wanted to add that b/c there are some religious nuts on this board who will stupidly claim atheism is a belief or a religion.
Some will even cite the first amendment legal case from the 7th circuit: http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/
Of course, the ruling is narrowly construed for the purposes of an atheist inmate who was denied the right to have an atheist study group in prison. Nowhere does the ruling go beyond that inmate's rights when it says atheism is a religion.
The attorney who analyzed that case for the World Nut Daily failed (probably on purpose) to read this part of the decision:
"... whether atheism is a 'religion' for First Amendment purposes is a somewhat different question than whether its adherents believe in a supreme being, or attend regular devotional services, or have a sacred Scripture."
Hey Bobby! Happy New Year bud.

I'm curious; do you disagree that there is a commutative relation to atheism, as the belief in no g-d, as it is the disbelief in G-d?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274076 Jan 3, 2013
PastorBob666 wrote:
<<ALL real Jews don't beleive in abortion.>>
Bullpuckey! I was born a Jew.
Judaism does not forbid abortion, but it does not permit abortion on demand. Abortion is only permitted for serious reasons.
Judaism expects every case to be considered on its own merits and the decision to be taken after consultation with a rabbi competent to give advice on such matters.
Strict Judaism permits abortion only in cases where continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in serious danger.
In such circumstance (where allowing the pregnancy to continue would kill the mother) Judaism INSISTS that the fetus MUST be aborted, since the mother's life is more important than that of the foetus.
Jewish law is more lenient concerning abortions in the first forty days of pregnancy as it considers the embryo to be of relatively low value during this time.
Abortions because of defects in the fetus or to protect the mental health of the mother are forbidden by some schools of Judaism and permitted by others under differing circumstances.
The argument for allowing such abortions is normally based on the pain that will be caused to the mother if the pregnancy is allowed to continue.
Sanctity of life and abortion
I wonder if dumbdumb would call you a faux atheist, because of your disbelief in G-d, as much as he calls me a faux Jew for my conversion to Judaism.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#274077 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Grumpy was correct in his comments.
<quoted text> I defy you to show where I've EVER claimed to speak for ALL Jews.
You are a lying sack of shit Skanky.
<quoted text>
Practicing Jews like myself, would never mock G-d. And yes Skanky, I am a practicing Jew.
We mock YOU and we mock you claims ABOUT your version of "g-d" since your jesus isn't g-d.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Whothefuckyou think your kidding? YOU mock G-d ***ALL*** the time. Your own with your lies, bearing false witness etc, and other faith's G-d as well.
FooManSpew: "We mock YOU and we mock you claims ABOUT your version of "g-d" since your jesus isn't g-d."

Bigot.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274078 Jan 3, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Hey foo? Lookie here ^^^^^^^ Booby says Judaism does NOT permit abortion on demand(elective abortion).
Bob? Run. Hide. You are in BIG trouble mister.
LMAO!!

You're that stupid; aren't you dweeb?

Just because Judaism does not permit abortion on demand, does not mean it forbids it, like you Rambunctious Catholic Commandos do. Judaism believes a man, and woman's free will, is paramount. And it's just that which allows us to make choices, including, but not limited to, termination of pregnancy.

So, for all Judaical practical purposes, prohibition of anything does not equal condemnation of what is prohibited. Your Jeebus spoke against divorce. Yet, how many Catholics have gotten divorced? Does the RCC condemn them for getting divorced? If so, then I renew my contention that the RCC is the most evil religious institution on Earth.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274079 Jan 3, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well bubba, the great faux jews, foomuffchew and CD disagree with you and claim Jews are free to kill the unborn any damn time they want. So there.
Hello dumbdumb.

Do you know you're violating the 9th Commandment; "[t]how shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor[?]" Exodus 20:16 I suppose you Rambunctious Catholic Commandos are exempt from the 10 commandments; right? Of course; y'all got the Pope to absolve you, and the priests to f*ck your boys.

My contention has always been that Judaism does not condemn abortion. To prohibit something, does not always equal condemning it.

If this is an example of your prayer for 2013 (to bring more people to the "light of christ," you're lost in transit, with no map, or gps, or phone to call for directions tragaleche.

Im hayu samim et hamo'ach shelcha b'tarnegol, hu haya ratz yashar l'shochet. LMAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,604,092
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Linden Nj 21,198
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Sep 21 ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages