Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311048 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273903 Jan 2, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother called them "fibs". What a funny word.
Exactly. Apparently, our friend Ink, doesn't know that those are lies. Trying to have an intelligent discussion with that chick is an exercise in futility.

Location hidden

#273904 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Women want men to lie.
for example:
"Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"
lol, true. Finally, we agree on something. And men want women to lie: "Does size really matter?"
Gtown71

United States

#273905 Jan 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
True science exposes religion to be a sham.
First of all, glaciers aren't ice cubes; they are possibly the closest thing to an unstoppable force on this planet. Glacier activity is responsible for most of the flat land on earth. Trees don't need to be buried quickly, nor do bones. They mineralize over time. Ever hear of the petrified forest? You often find only portions of skeletons due to the actions of predators and scavengers.
Nobody has to discredit your god; you first have to prove it exists.
I will agree that, throughout history, many of his followers have been covered in blood.
<quoted text>
Well even for the years I didn't believe in God, I never bought the evolution story either. I didn't know where we came from, and didn't care.

The deal is, that the tree' s they do dig up, are buried "again upside down, sideways, however. How did the tree get covered upside down?
What about stalagmites and stalactites? How long do they take to grow?

Becouse, if you tour a cave the guides usualy tell you millions of years.

Plus if we are evolving, then why do they find bones and tutle shells big as a kiddy pool?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#273906 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Most of us do the best we can, regardless of our respective belief systems. One does not need to believe in sin to do right. I, personally, don't need to be threatened with damnation to be a decent person.
What constitutes a "decent person" in your opinion? You ended your childs life and remain unrepentant about it.

Speaking of lies.....deception......living in denial.......
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#273907 Jan 2, 2013
Good catch!

LOL@ foomanspew
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
FooManSpew: "NOBODY said its 'okay' to kill anything, but we dont look at abortion that way. But you know this."
Oh, really?
_________
NR: "Preborn baby is clearly affected by abortion...to death."
FooManSpew: "Yes No Relevance. That IS the point. Did you think ANYONE, including EVERY WOMAN THAT HAS ONE does NOT realise this?
Thank you for repeating it obsessively. Just in case ANYONE was unsure, lets make it even MORE clear, shall we?
You're killing the zygote, embryo or non-viable fetus that you either dont want to begin with, or for WHATEVER reason - cannot have.o(
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_________
FooManSpew: "I dont give two shits about those ZEFS"
FooManSpew: "To hell with the embryo or fetus...'rip him apart, crush his skull, squich his beating heart.'"
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#273908 Jan 2, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Most Jews believe that abortions may be warranted. If you equate that with fake weeping about the "Holocaust", nothing you can post can change your anti-semitic spots.
ALL real Jews don't beleive in abortion. They understand that God created all human life and that he made them in his image and likeness.

How you people can sit here and pretend that God finds it acceptable to electively abort is mindblowing.

Minus the wishy washy...feel good breakaway Jews of course ;)
HuskerDu

United States

#273909 Jan 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
True science exposes religion to be a sham.
First of all, glaciers aren't ice cubes; they are possibly the closest thing to an unstoppable force on this planet. Glacier activity is responsible for most of the flat land on earth. Trees don't need to be buried quickly, nor do bones. They mineralize over time. Ever hear of the petrified forest? You often find only portions of skeletons due to the actions of predators and scavengers.
Nobody has to discredit your god; you first have to prove it exists.
I will agree that, throughout history, many of his followers have been covered in blood.
<quoted text>
The most famous scientists were Jesuits , dumbo.
HuskerDu

United States

#273910 Jan 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, I asked if you were assuming that all PC women have had abortions, not if you were assuming that ONLY PC women have had abortions.
No one can be prosecuted for a legal act, Idiot, even if it later becomes illegal.
Well, you go right ahead and hold your breath, then. The more fool you.
Every young woman I know understands that it's the woman's right to make her own choices regarding her own uterus and pregnancy. LOL, even many that call themselves pro-life still think RvW should be upheld, because they understand that even if they don't like abortion, that their opinions should not be forced on others legally.
What abortion REALLY is, is the ending of a pregnancy, whether spontaneous or induced.
NO WOMAN ON EARTH WHO IS PRO LIFE would believe what you posted. NOT ONE. You are a deceiver big time, like your master, Satan.

Location hidden

#273911 Jan 2, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What constitutes a "decent person" in your opinion? You ended your childs life and remain unrepentant about it.
Speaking of lies.....deception......living in denial.......
No, I didn't. He's alive and well, and living in Long Beach, CA. I did have an abortion, once. If I was going to regret it, I wouldn't have an one. I made the right decision. I'm sorry that you don't approve. You're responsible for your reactions and emotions. I'm good, thanks:-)

Location hidden

#273912 Jan 2, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The most famous scientists were Jesuits , dumbo.
Really, the most famous? What were their names.... dumbo?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#273913 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How do they know unless they're taught?
You people seem to think that these things are magically imprinted in children before they're born.
Small children will lie because they've seen mommy and daddy do it and because its what they've been taught either directly (by seeing mommy and daddy doing to to get out of something they dont want to do for example) or by example.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Bullshit. If mommy and daddy aren't angry when they ask, if the child senses no reason to fear, they wont lie about it, they wont have to.
HOWEVER, if they get in trouble for telling the truth, then in the future, they may well lie to get out of trouble again.
<quoted text>
Good job at repeating what I've already said and shown in my links and claiming it as your own LOL!
<quoted text>
Actually, parents such as I describe, describes pretty much EVERY good parent.
You act like I'm saying that parents teach children to lie on purpose, when in reality, its simply part of being human.
You've obviously never had a child. Nor do you understand our human sinful nature.

A one year old understands better than you do. See, a one year old will do something that they know may not be okay and will become instantly guilty by turning around to see the parents reaction. As little and immature as they are, they have a sense of right and wrong. Most of the time they tattle on themselves by bringing mom to the seen of the 'crime'(a plant that got knocked over...a shoe put in the toilet..etc). Are they sinning? No. Not at that age because they don't have the senseof what sin is but they do reconize something "not right". They don't have the sense of reasoning.

As they get older, they CAN be taught to lie if that is what they are shown by example. Nevertheless, kids should be corrected but assured that they while their wrongdoings are not acceptable, they are unconditionally loved.

No kid wants to be dealt with doublestandards. For instance, i kow a woman who curses alot and punishes her kids if they do. If you lie, then your kid will. Kids LIVE WHAT THEY LEARN. But keep in mind that we are of a sinful nature so the temptations are there.
HuskerDu

United States

#273914 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Really, the most famous? What were their names.... dumbo?
Google the big bang theory for one thing. The first universities were Catholic. You are a bigot, go to Wal-mart and buy yourself a brain, Wal-mart is priced so you can afford to buy one. And pick up a personality while your there.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273915 Jan 2, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>NO WOMAN ON EARTH WHO IS PRO LIFE would believe what you posted. NOT ONE. You are a deceiver big time, like your master, Satan.
Satan doesn't exist, and I have no master.

You are clueless.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#273916 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't. He's alive and well, and living in Long Beach, CA. I did have an abortion, once. If I was going to regret it, I wouldn't have an one. I made the right decision. I'm sorry that you don't approve. You're responsible for your reactions and emotions. I'm good, thanks:-)
Yet another lie. There is no way that you could have known when the truth would have shaken your conscience. I don't believe for on minute that you don't deep inside regret your abortion. One huge telltale sign is the fact that after all these years, you are still staying in denial by refusing to admit that you payed to have you unwanted child killed.You DIDNT want another child and THAT is whay you got rid of.

When you were pregnant with your son(who once resided in your womb) who now resides in CA, you knew you were getting ready to "mother" a child. Perhaps you knew he was a "he" from the ultrasound. You bought a crib. A carseat. A couple boxes of diapers. A few onesies. Etc...because THAT baby was going to use them in less than 9 months.

When you were pregnant with child number two..you said "No. I don't want to raise this child". You then called a Dr who would schedule his /her death. You went to the appointment. Your childs heart was stopped and he died. Then you knew that you wouldnt be needing his/her big brothers crib, car seat, hand me down clothing..etc...

Yes Elise..you are living a lie because you cant or wont come to terms with what you really did. Had you NOT done what you did, you'd have perhaps a duahgter or a brother fkr your son

Location hidden

#273917 Jan 2, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>NO WOMAN ON EARTH WHO IS PRO LIFE would believe what you posted. NOT ONE. You are a deceiver big time, like your master, Satan.
"Could it be... maybe...Saaatan? "..... Church Lady

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273918 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Apparently, our friend Ink, doesn't know that those are lies. Trying to have an intelligent discussion with that chick is an exercise in futility.
When she's backed into a corner she starts in with the inane toddler-like questions.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273919 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to prove, without a reasonable doubt, that the fetus/baby is actively trying to kill the mother, or if the mother dies, that it was the fetus/baby's intent to kill the mother.
But the intent of the killer does't negate the self-defense
rule for the mother.
If the woman had any living body that would kill her without intent, like a cancer, she would have the right to abort the cancer.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#273920 Jan 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan doesn't exist, and I have no master.
You are clueless.
Another living a lie.

Satan IS the master of deception. He deceives many :/

Very sad bitler. Why don't you open your heart to the truth for the love of your kids at least. You're going to be held accountable for their destruction.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273921 Jan 2, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> ALL real Jews don't beleive in abortion. They understand that God created all human life and that he made them in his image and likeness.
How you people can sit here and pretend that God finds it acceptable to electively abort is mindblowing.
Minus the wishy washy...feel good breakaway Jews of course ;)
I always knew that anti-semitism is caused by Jews. How do I know? Mel Gibson said so and Bill O'Reilly concurred.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273922 Jan 2, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Another living a lie.
Satan IS the master of deception. He deceives many :/
Very sad bitler. Why don't you open your heart to the truth for the love of your kids at least. You're going to be held accountable for their destruction.
Do you have any real proof that Satan exists?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min Ize Found 70,505
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min Med Alert 1,376,137
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 34 min Boots on the Grou... 20,226
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Earthling-1 58,899
Do you think a pregnant women should be refuse ... 1 hr Teri 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr operation greylord 72,026
News Trump Brings Fiery Message To Thousands in Hart... 4 hr Just Sayin 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages