Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,689
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#273817 Jan 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The reason abortion will never be outlawed again is because such a law would be unconstitutional. Women, as citizens of this country, have the right to "life, liberty and property".
Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, whether spontaneous or induced. An induced abortion is the medical procedure to end the pregnancy.
It is not murder.
Again, all you've proven is how out of touch you are with reality.
So, to be clear, if/when our US Supreme Court ever again has a large number of conservatives judges on it, say 7-2, and there was open discussion of the court reviewing and/or reversing Roe vs Wade, you can guarantee me that no Pro-Choice woman in this nation would express fear that they could face possible procesution if the court declares abortion to be illegal again?

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#273818 Jan 2, 2013
oops, I meant to say 'prosecution'

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#273819 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, everyone lies at one point or another, and being honest at all times is not always the best pollicy.
This again, is the entire reason we need a once and for all sin covering. Christ Jesus :)
King Saul wanted to kill David, so David and Sauls son Jonathon lied to Saul, to find out if He still wanted to kill him.
We all lie -we all sin -that doesn't mean we should throw in the towel and go all out.
Do as well as you can, but being good enough for heaven can Never be reached on one on self. We all need to be born again.
Most of us do the best we can, regardless of our respective belief systems. One does not need to believe in sin to do right. I, personally, don't need to be threatened with damnation to be a decent person.

Atrisco Village

#273821 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
I personally believe that the main stumbling block to abortion being outlawed again in this nation is that millions of women are afraid they would be prosecuted by our judiciary system and would have to serve some jail time for murder.
If our government was to grant all the women who have had abortions since 1973 to the present day immunity from prosecution, would you Pro-Choice supporters be willing then to admit that abortion actually is murder and that it should be outlawed again?
You're hilarious.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273822 Jan 2, 2013
And here is christianity laid bare: Humans are scum who can't do anything good without some deity herding them like animals.

Why do morons with no science acumen and no interest in doing any research keep arguing science they cannot comprehend? Nobody said wew evolved from monkeys; we have common ancestors with monkeys. There are still monkeys because in their environment. they have evolved well enough to thrive.

Trees upside down? Where? The movement of glaciers made many trees snap from their roots--no flood need apply. And, there are things called tornadoes that can make trees assume all kinds of positions.

The problem with the great flood is that it is a common theme in mythology but each such flood occurred at different times, if we go along with the stories at all.

Modern, domesticated dogs are descendants of wild canides like wolves, usually the results of careful breeding. It has nothing to do with evolution.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, as far as when a child lies, mine has lied already, but then breaks down, with the truth.
But where did they learn how to lie?
they came with a built in sin button.
Something you call self preservation.
People are born with sin nature, so are people born gay? Well in a sense yes -they are born sinners.
Some struggle with things others don't , but we all sin and fall short, of the Glory of God.
This, is why we need a savior.
this is why Jesus died on the cross, and rose again the third day.
I have heard of catbon dating.
I've also heard we evolved from monkeys.
If so, then why do we still have monkeys?
They dig onto layers of the earth, explaining how each layer is so many millions of years old.
There is a problem with that though.
sonetimes, they uncover a tree, standing upright.
Many of these trees have been ripped from their roots, before they were buried. Many are upside down, so either the trees stood there for millions of years (upside down), as the earth built up around them, OR maybe, there was a worldwide flood, that not only the bible speaks of, but is reported in just about every culture.
I think all the different "kinds " of dogs we have today, came from two dogs.
What would you say about believing this way?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273823 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I was saying, but it's obvious you weren't reading what was said, but reading into it whatever you wanted to see.
If, for example, I was responsible for small children again when the shooting happened recently that killed 1st graders, I would NOT be telling them anything about it. That's not lying to them, it's shielding them, for their own benefit.
Bullshit. Its LYING to them by omission. That's not to say you're intentions aren't good, but you ARE LYING BY OMISSION.

http://www.livescience.com/7907-parents-lie-c...
IF they found out somehow and questioned me, I'd be honest with them in answering their questions, and answer based on their ability to understand, and would let them know that THEY would be okay and not to worry.
Except in today's society, sadly, you can't tell them THEY will be okay, and NOT to worry - because you dont know that they WILL be okay or that they SHOULDN'T worry. Well you CAN tell them that, but then IF something happened, you will have lied to them.

In fact just this thing happened to one of the parents of one of the victims. There was a father who had two kids the day of the shootings in Ct, a girl at the school shooting site, and a boy at another school. The father was on NPR the other day, and was talking about how his son had a terrible nightmare a few weeks prior to the murders about someone hurting everyone in school. His father, who was a mathematician calmed his fears by explaining WHY something like that wouldn't ever happen and he used "probabilities" to do it. It calmed him, and life went on.

Until the shootings. And suddenly that one in a zillion chance WAS them and tho the father didn't really "lie" to his son, he sort of did by convincing him that nothing bad could happen to him, because the worst DID happen. In that six year old's mind, daddy lied, although he did it with the best intentions - as you said - to SHIELD his son.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/12/27/16...
I wouldn't lie and say "it'll be okay", because something like that never will be okay, the kids who were killed won't be okay and their parents never will be "okay" the same way again.
Great example you displayed of misreading each post I wrote.
Great example of you trying to twist what is being said to suit your agenda.

You can't tell them THEY will be okay either, since they MAY NOT be. Emotionally, this is affecting kids that weren't even there as my example shows.

There's no real great answers on how to handle these things in today's world. As terrible as that is, its true too.

Indianapolis

#273824 Jan 2, 2013
Of course not; we're not idiots. Also, they CANNOT pass laws retroactively; any action that is legal at the time of commission is legal, period.

Legally, abortion was never considered murder.
BraveCon wrote:
I personally believe that the main stumbling block to abortion being outlawed again in this nation is that millions of women are afraid they would be prosecuted by our judiciary system and would have to serve some jail time for murder.
If our government was to grant all the women who have had abortions since 1973 to the present day immunity from prosecution, would you Pro-Choice supporters be willing then to admit that abortion actually is murder and that it should be outlawed again?

Atrisco Village

#273825 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible explains exactley how the earth was made, and when it was made.
It tells of a flood, about 4000 years ago, that explains perfectly how the Grand Canyon and many other things were formed.
Dr. Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) explains much abouot evolution, carbon dating, and other, but you will dissmiss him, since he is also a born again christian.
He is also in prison for taxes.
He explains his stance on that as well, but like I said -He is a born again christian.
He, like me, is not perfect, only fotgiven, but when it comes to science he is pretty sharp.
He is also willing to debate as many scientist at a time.
He has left many speachless.
I'm sure that he has left a lot of scientists absolutely speechless.

Atrisco Village

#273826 Jan 2, 2013
Jeb Wilson wrote:
are you able to wear a white wedding dress?
Sure, are you?

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#273827 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, as far as when a child lies, mine has lied already, but then breaks down, with the truth.
But where did they learn how to lie?
they came with a built in sin button.
Something you call self preservation.
People are born with sin nature, so are people born gay? Well in a sense yes -they are born sinners.
Some struggle with things others don't , but we all sin and fall short, of the Glory of God.
This, is why we need a savior.
this is why Jesus died on the cross, and rose again the third day.
I have heard of catbon dating.
I've also heard we evolved from monkeys.
If so, then why do we still have monkeys?
They dig onto layers of the earth, explaining how each layer is so many millions of years old.
There is a problem with that though.
sonetimes, they uncover a tree, standing upright.
Many of these trees have been ripped from their roots, before they were buried. Many are upside down, so either the trees stood there for millions of years (upside down), as the earth built up around them, OR maybe, there was a worldwide flood, that not only the bible speaks of, but is reported in just about every culture.
I think all the different "kinds " of dogs we have today, came from two dogs.
What would you say about believing this way?
I'm now very worried about your daughter. If she is being home schooled, she's in dire danger.

You clearly do not understand evolution, carbon dating, or the earth's many transitions (including floods).

God is perfect, right? If you agree, why did God create imperfect beings?

Location hidden

#273828 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Small children will lie because they're unsure how their parents will react to the truth when they've done something wrong, and they know they've done something wrong. Toddlers are well aware when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing.
Really? How do they know unless they're taught?

You people seem to think that these things are magically imprinted in children before they're born.

Small children will lie because they've seen mommy and daddy do it and because its what they've been taught either directly (by seeing mommy and daddy doing to to get out of something they dont want to do for example) or by example.
If they touch something and it breaks and mom or dad ask them if they broke it, 9 times out of 10 the child will instinctively say they didn't.
ROFLMAO! Bullshit. If mommy and daddy aren't angry when they ask, if the child senses no reason to fear, they wont lie about it, they wont have to.

HOWEVER, if they get in trouble for telling the truth, then in the future, they may well lie to get out of trouble again.
How parents react when their child does something wrong is the example that teaches the child whether telling the truth is better for them in the long run than lying is. Good parents react positively to small children who tell the truth.
Good job at repeating what I've already said and shown in my links and claiming it as your own LOL!
Parents as Foo describes obviously don't teach their children that honesty is the best policy.
Actually, parents such as I describe, describes pretty much EVERY good parent.

You act like I'm saying that parents teach children to lie on purpose, when in reality, its simply part of being human.

Indianapolis

#273829 Jan 2, 2013
JESUS grew up in a nation that ondoned abortion. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for you.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
God just told me that He will take into consideration that you grew up in a nation that condones abortion, and that you were exposed to a very liberal mass media all your life, when you stand before Him on Judgement. He also suggests you watch FoxNews and EWTN to help you have a more balanced viewpoint of the world.

Location hidden

#273830 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Truth be told, I wasn't really reading about the exchange between you and foofoo, I was just speaking of my own experiences. Alright, good point on shielding them, I don't blame you for that, I would too. Alrighty then, in the future I won't jump into a convo I haven't been paying much attention to. BUT, about the lying to kids part, I do that too, they do it. Big lies? I hope not, but I did it to my parents, and I'm not going to assume it won't be done to me.
I still don't think that honesty is the best policy in a lot of cases. Again, I guess it depends on the circumstances!
FOr the record Rach, it was Lynne that jumped into a conversation that you and I were having, and she didn't bother to read the lead up TO that conversation that started early last evening, which is when two posters claimed that children are BORN knowing how to lie.@@

Location hidden

#273831 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there, we differ on that then, because I would lie otherwise good luck getting them seated if you didn't. Needles too. They suck I say, but more often than not, they don't hurt. AND I do believe that.
IMO I really do think parents teach their kids to lie, of course they do. By teaching if you mean observing.. YOU BET! No way in heck would I admit that I just didn't want to see the in-laws cause I have better things to do or that I just don't want to. Am I going to say I'm not feeling well? Yup! Are my kids going to see me laughing, dancing, doing fun things a 'well' person does? Yup.
At the same time, did they see me spare my in-laws hurt feelings? Yup.
Is there going to be peace in the family because I lied? Yup.
Pick your battles I say. Everyone lies, and a kid will learn it. Learned by movies, friends, siblings, parents, grand parents... yup ... wait for it.... keep waiting... here it comes....
cause to get by, you have to lie! lol
EXACTLY!

Location hidden

#273832 Jan 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE
That's MY take on the whole "sin" thing.
And a realistic take at that.
Statler

Huntington, IN

#273833 Jan 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never heard of carbon dating?
Carbon is married.

Location hidden

#273834 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text> It is All about Him.
No matter how many people say otherwise.
ONLY for you and those that follow your version of "faith".

For everyone else, he's less than meaningless. Sorry, but that's a fact.
Statler

Huntington, IN

#273835 Jan 2, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Most Jews believe that abortions may be warranted. If you equate that with fake weeping about the "Holocaust", nothing you can post can change your anti-semitic spots.
88% of Jewish-Americans are proaborts.

98% of abortions are elective/for convenience.

Yeah, I think 88% of Jewish-Americans fake weep over the Holocaust.

Location hidden

#273836 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but why do you feel to aknowledge the "man " at all, since it is all about the woman and her choice.
Since I was responding to someone that made it seem as if its all the woman's responsiblity.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#273837 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Its LYING to them by omission. That's not to say you're intentions aren't good, but you ARE LYING BY OMISSION.
http://www.livescience.com/7907-parents-lie-c...
<quoted text>
Except in today's society, sadly, you can't tell them THEY will be okay, and NOT to worry - because you dont know that they WILL be okay or that they SHOULDN'T worry. Well you CAN tell them that, but then IF something happened, you will have lied to them.
In fact just this thing happened to one of the parents of one of the victims. There was a father who had two kids the day of the shootings in Ct, a girl at the school shooting site, and a boy at another school. The father was on NPR the other day, and was talking about how his son had a terrible nightmare a few weeks prior to the murders about someone hurting everyone in school. His father, who was a mathematician calmed his fears by explaining WHY something like that wouldn't ever happen and he used "probabilities" to do it. It calmed him, and life went on.
Until the shootings. And suddenly that one in a zillion chance WAS them and tho the father didn't really "lie" to his son, he sort of did by convincing him that nothing bad could happen to him, because the worst DID happen. In that six year old's mind, daddy lied, although he did it with the best intentions - as you said - to SHIELD his son.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/12/27/16...
<quoted text>
Great example of you trying to twist what is being said to suit your agenda.
You can't tell them THEY will be okay either, since they MAY NOT be. Emotionally, this is affecting kids that weren't even there as my example shows.
There's no real great answers on how to handle these things in today's world. As terrible as that is, its true too.
"Bullshit. Its LYING to them by omission."

You ignorant buffoon. NOT telling children something is NOT lying by omission, or everything people DON'T say is lying by omission, you dummy.

As for the rest of your stupidity, the IFs are not important when trying to make a child rest assured they'd be okay. Saying they'll be okay is the truth as far as we know it. We don't live by "maybe they'll be killed too one day", because that idea is just STUPID. The more positive reinforcement we give to our children about bad things in life NOT affecting them, the better able they are to go on emotionally okay. I wasn't talking about being a parent of one of the kids directly involved in the school shooting, I was talking about if I was responsible for small children again and my children were not directly involved.

Your examples to try to prove a point never have anything to do with what someone posted. I made a point about exactly what you had posted before about parents teaching their small children to lie, because parents lie. THAT's a lie, stated by YOU.

You prove you don't even know what lying is, and you also prove it by lying all the time and claiming you're telling the truth.

Not telling someone something is not lying by omission. That's senseless to anyone who has sense, because as i said, everything we don't tell people would be lying by omission, and that's not so. You won't get it because you don't have the sense to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,110,516
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 min Donna WG 19,228
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 69,417
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,806
The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) 3 hr Strayer 89
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,521
Beware Dog Walkers-off Silver Lane in East Htfd... (May '12) Fri katie 7
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wethersfield News, Events & Info