Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310343 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273859 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Small children will lie because they're unsure how their parents will react to the truth when they've done something wrong, and they know they've done something wrong. Toddlers are well aware when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing. If they touch something and it breaks and mom or dad ask them if they broke it, 9 times out of 10 the child will instinctively say they didn't.
How parents react when their child does something wrong is the example that teaches the child whether telling the truth is better for them in the long run than lying is. Good parents react positively to small children who tell the truth.
Parents as Foo describes obviously don't teach their children that honesty is the best policy.
I don't understand for one minute, why you would lie to your children. I would want my kids to be truthful and trustworthy and you have to be that way yourself. Setting good examples is the best parenting.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273860 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to be clear, if/when our US Supreme Court ever again has a large number of conservatives judges on it, say 7-2, and there was open discussion of the court reviewing and/or reversing Roe vs Wade, you can guarantee me that no Pro-Choice woman in this nation would express fear that they could face possible procesution if the court declares abortion to be illegal again?
Are you assuming that all PC women have HAD abortions, BS? Don't be an idiot.

You mean for abortions they'd had BEFORE abortion was made illegal? No, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be afraid of that.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your "conservative" judges to overturn RvW if I were you.
Gtown71

United States

#273861 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>There were women who performed abortions in every community. If you want to histrionically call their homes abortion clinics, you may. Jesus may well have lived next door to one.
People have made meth, killed other grown humans, slept with other people they were not married to, and all sorts of stuff in houses "does that make it right?
By the way, if they make meth in a house or a car, if they get caught, it is always reported as a meth lab, so yes abortions done in a house, is an abortion clinic.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273862 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
There were abortion clinics in Jerusalem two thousand years ago?
There didn't need to be, as they had herbal medicines they could take at home. We still do.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273863 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burke wrote:
<quoted text>There were women who performed abortions in every community. If you want to histrionically call their homes abortion clinics, you may. Jesus may well have lived next door to one.
These were histrionic abortionists?

his·tri·on·ic (hstr-nk) also his·tri·on·i·cal (--kl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to actors or acting.
2. Excessively dramatic or emotional; affected.

----------

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#273864 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Elise is telling you, you are wrong. Lying to kids doesn't work and responsible parents don't do it.
Ink, did your young children fall asleep wondering what Santa would bring on Christmas morning? Or did you tell them that Mommy and/or Daddy are wrapping your presents to put under the tree?

No doubt my idea of perfection and yours differ. Still, I find it amusing to read that you never lie, and Lily (who previously posted as LynneD), don't have any qualms lying about lying.

Does anyone else see the irony?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273866 Jan 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, did your young children fall asleep wondering what Santa would bring on Christmas morning? Or did you tell them that Mommy and/or Daddy are wrapping your presents to put under the tree?
No doubt my idea of perfection and yours differ. Still, I find it amusing to read that you never lie, and Lily (who previously posted as LynneD), don't have any qualms lying about lying.
Does anyone else see the irony?
I guess you can hold the tradition of Santa against me. I thought we were talking about the ongoing lifestyle of lying to children day to day and therefore teaching them to be liars. Foo gave many examples none of which I ever lied about. My children even had to face the death of a brother and we didn't lie about that either.

Other than Santa, I don't see any reason to lie to your kids.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#273867 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is perfect, and He did create perfect humans, yet He gave them free will.
He didn't want robots.
My daughter is just fine, and atleast I thought enough to let her be born.
Here name is Chloe, not choice.
I know enough about science. True science backs up the bible.
Like your buddy said, tornados rip trees down, and ice cubes knock them over, but in order to be a fossil, they must be buried quickly. So there goes that idea.
When they do find a dino bone, it is rare they find a comple skeliton.k
A head here, and a leg there, or many different wads of bones, mixed together.
So either, a dino's head fell off and quikly sank in the mud, or a flood occured, and the dinos drowned, floated to the top, the after a few weeks began to break apart, and sink down into the mud.
As long as God lives, then there will be those who try to discredit Him.
they seek a sign, but no sign shall be given.
Anyone can be a "decent " person, but one must be sinnless in the eyes of God, to enter heaven.
Those covered by the blood of the Lamb are rightous in Gods eyes, those not, are self rightous.
Still laughing.

Atrisco Village

#273868 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel bad for you thinking that you annd your children have to live a dishonest life. There is no need to lie to children.
FYI my kids are all grown have excellent careers, kids of their own and are happy.
Please don't waste a moment of pity on me, look in your own house.
Everybody lies, including you. If you say that you don't lie, you're a liar.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273869 Jan 2, 2013
You didn't say anything about clinics. Nice dodge.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
There were abortion clinics in Jerusalem two thousand years ago?

Indianapolis

#273870 Jan 2, 2013
So, you never said santa or the easter bunny weren't real?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I never lied to my kids nor did they ever hear me lie to someone else. They are all honest, dependable, reliable people and they learned it at home and they will tell you that.
BTW, there really isn't any reason at all to lie to kids.

Atrisco Village

#273871 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Elise is telling you, you are wrong. Lying to kids doesn't work and responsible parents don't do it.
She is correct that parents teach their children the art of manipulation, starting at a young age. I added that, as the brain develops, a child puts two and two together, and figures things out, even without being taught. They learn from experience, one way or another. Ifnfants are without guile or dishonesty. They are incapable of "sin." Life teaches them "sin" as their ability to think develops.

Atrisco Village

#273872 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't until our nation makes abortion illegal again. Would you please, please, please help me to do this?
Of course not. I believe women have a right to make autonomous private medical decisions. Abortion will never be illegal, again, imo.. However, if you aren't full of crap, you will put your money where your mouth is. Stop fantasizing about lawsuits and file one, please. Or, you can blab away and expect someone else to fight your battles for you. Whatever.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273873 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She is correct that parents teach their children the art of manipulation, starting at a young age. I added that, as the brain develops, a child puts two and two together, and figures things out, even without being taught. They learn from experience, one way or another. Ifnfants are without guile or dishonesty. They are incapable of "sin." Life teaches them "sin" as their ability to think develops.
Okay I misunderstood. You are saying that kids don't lie unless they are taught to by their parents as foo says and everybody teaches their children to lie. I wouldn't call a toddler's lie a sin but at what age did you start teaching your kids to not tell the truth?

Indianapolis

#273874 Jan 2, 2013
They would be laughed out of court. You have to have legal standing to file a suit, and you woldn't have it. Nor would the fetuses.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
What if someone was to file say a class-action civil suit against all the abortion clinics and contraceptive companies on behalf of the fetuses/babies/people that were murdered inside their mother's wombs? The class-action suit would be just a symbolic gesture, no monetary award would be sought.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273875 Jan 2, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't and I never said you did.
You fool me not wrote:
I wonder if the pro-aborts here would agree with ripping the growing and developing fetuses in their pets' wombs if they were pregnant ...
Nah, they wouldn't.
Have a marvelous New Year everyone!
Long Night Moon 13:
Do you want to get on the subject of animal cruelty? Because that's a pretty big subject.
How about puppy mills where female dogs are used strictly as breeding stock for profit and once they are used up they're tossed aside. Want to talk about that? I guess it doesn't matter the species, the males just see the females as breeding stock.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
You fool me not:
So you think that having a pet's fetus ripped off her womb is animal cruelty?
Could you tell me, would it be cruelty towards the pregnant pet or towards her fetus or towards both?
Thanks!
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
HOWEVER,
As you can see for yourself, the thought of performing abortions on pets, that is, ripping the animal fetus off its mother womb, made you think immediately of animal cruelty.
THEREFORE,
You do consider abortion on pets a type of cruelty (and itwould be) but are too much of a coward to publicly say who you think would be the target of animal cruelty in this case, the fetus, the pregnant pet or both.
AND,
What's more pathetic, is that you consider pet abortion animal cruelty, but think nothing of pre-born human beings being ripped apart in their mother's womb.
You are a disgusting human being and you are pure evil.
Think what you want. There's no need to ask me anything if you're going to write my side of the conversation for me and tell me what I must be thinking and believing.

Happy New Year to you.

Atrisco Village

#273876 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
People have made meth, killed other grown humans, slept with other people they were not married to, and all sorts of stuff in houses "does that make it right?
By the way, if they make meth in a house or a car, if they get caught, it is always reported as a meth lab, so yes abortions done in a house, is an abortion clinic.
Your Jesus probably lived near an" abortion clinic," then. Thank God, abortion is legal and as safe as any surgical procedure can be. Your comparison of abortion to meth manufacture, sex, and "all sorts of other stuff" is inane, and that's being kind.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273877 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody lies, including you. If you say that you don't lie, you're a liar.
I'm not in a position to have to lie. What is the benefit of lying. Lying just comes back to bite you especially in my business. If you tell the truth you don't have to remember your lies.

Atrisco Village

#273878 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
These were histrionic abortionists?
his·tri·on·ic (hstr-nk) also his·tri·on·i·cal (--kl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to actors or acting.
2. Excessively dramatic or emotional; affected.
----------
Wow, your more dull than usual, Ink. You need to read a post before trying to write a retort. Lol, Omg...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273879 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Your Jesus probably lived near an" abortion clinic," then.
Why do you feel the need to make that supposition? Is it really neccessary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Grey Ghost 1,263,857
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) 5 hr Joan 12
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Fri psuzanne790 47
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 70,142
MK hot handbag cheap MK wallets Watch on iluxsh... Thu Dicy 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Wed zippy 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages