Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326041 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273881 Jan 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, did your young children fall asleep wondering what Santa would bring on Christmas morning? Or did you tell them that Mommy and/or Daddy are wrapping your presents to put under the tree?
No doubt my idea of perfection and yours differ. Still, I find it amusing to read that you never lie, and Lily (who previously posted as LynneD), don't have any qualms lying about lying.
Does anyone else see the irony?
My husband told our son that there was no Santa Claus. It surprised the little cutie. He wasn't upset, particularly. He got presents, so, Yay, said he. Lol!

Location hidden

#273882 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can hold the tradition of Santa against me. I thought we were talking about the ongoing lifestyle of lying to children day to day and therefore teaching them to be liars. Foo gave many examples none of which I ever lied about. My children even had to face the death of a brother and we didn't lie about that either.
Other than Santa, I don't see any reason to lie to your kids.
lol, really? You're a liar.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273883 Jan 2, 2013
Jeb Wilson wrote:
are you able to wear a white wedding dress?
Are you?
Statler

United States

#273884 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
FOr the record Rach, it was Lynne that jumped into a conversation that you and I were having, and she didn't bother to read the lead up TO that conversation that started early last evening, which is when two posters claimed that children are BORN knowing how to lie.@@
FooManSpew: "For the record Rach, it was Lynne that jumped into a conversation that you and I were having, and she didn't bother to read the lead up TO that conversation that started early last evening, which is when two posters claimed that children are BORN knowing how to lie."

If she didn't read your posts, it might because she doesn't like run on sentences.^^^ Yee gads ^^^

(on and on and on...)

Menopause? No periods.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#273885 Jan 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you assuming that all PC women have HAD abortions, BS? Don't be an idiot.
You mean for abortions they'd had BEFORE abortion was made illegal? No, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be afraid of that.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your "conservative" judges to overturn RvW if I were you.
How many Pro-Life women have had abortions? I would say it would be a very small number, so I think its safe to assume that most women who have had abortions are Pro-Choice or they became Pro-Choice after having one.

And no, I'm talking about the abortions that have taken place between 1973 to the present day.

I think its entirely possible that after X number of years of being preached to with the message that abortion is a perfectly okay thing to do, American girls and women will start opening their eyes to what abortion really is and will begin rejecting all the Pro-Choice propaganda that's been shoved down their throats for X number of years. At that point, conservativism will make a comeback in America and not long after that a string of conservative President will put conservative judges on the US Supreme Court.

Location hidden

#273886 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I misunderstood. You are saying that kids don't lie unless they are taught to by their parents as foo says and everybody teaches their children to lie. I wouldn't call a toddler's lie a sin but at what age did you start teaching your kids to not tell the truth?
That's not what I wrote. There is no need to interpret what I said. Just read both the posts. If you can't understand them, that's your problem. I am a very succinct writer, especially when communicating with you. You are incapable of accurate interpretation.

You are either a very lazy thinker, or have some cognitive deficit. If it is the latter, let me know and I will adjust my communication appropriately. If it's the former, you get no consideration, whatsoever.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#273887 Jan 2, 2013
I meant to say 'Presidents'

I am not a good proof reader

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273888 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Elise is telling you, you are wrong. Lying to kids doesn't work and responsible parents don't do it.
Do you ever lie?

Location hidden

#273889 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in a position to have to lie. What is the benefit of lying. Lying just comes back to bite you especially in my business. If you tell the truth you don't have to remember your lies.
Of course, you lie... and often. You just don't call the little lies you tell, everyday, lies. Some people call them, "white lies." Everyone lies, including you. You're lying to yourself if you think you don't. It doesn't matter. You're not hurting anyone.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273890 Jan 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, did your young children fall asleep wondering what Santa would bring on Christmas morning? Or did you tell them that Mommy and/or Daddy are wrapping your presents to put under the tree?
No doubt my idea of perfection and yours differ. Still, I find it amusing to read that you never lie, and Lily (who previously posted as LynneD), don't have any qualms lying about lying.
Does anyone else see the irony?
I wonder how many times she told her kids their scribbles were beautiful artwork, or did she just say they were ugly.

She playing self-righteous again.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273891 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol, really? You're a liar.
Sorry you see it that way.

I don't know anybody who tells their kids about Santa that I would call a liar because of it. The people I know wouldn't see it that way.

What you don't understand is that not everybody does things the same way you and your cohorts do, nor do they believe what you believe. They also don't share your mistrust of what people say.

Location hidden

#273892 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel the need to make that supposition? Is it really neccessary?
No. Is it necessary for you to write your little digs?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273893 Jan 2, 2013
True science exposes religion to be a sham.

First of all, glaciers aren't ice cubes; they are possibly the closest thing to an unstoppable force on this planet. Glacier activity is responsible for most of the flat land on earth. Trees don't need to be buried quickly, nor do bones. They mineralize over time. Ever hear of the petrified forest? You often find only portions of skeletons due to the actions of predators and scavengers.

Nobody has to discredit your god; you first have to prove it exists.

I will agree that, throughout history, many of his followers have been covered in blood.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is perfect, and He did create perfect humans, yet He gave them free will.
He didn't want robots.
My daughter is just fine, and atleast I thought enough to let her be born.
Here name is Chloe, not choice.
I know enough about science. True science backs up the bible.
Like your buddy said, tornados rip trees down, and ice cubes knock them over, but in order to be a fossil, they must be buried quickly. So there goes that idea.
When they do find a dino bone, it is rare they find a comple skeliton.
A head here, and a leg there, or many different wads of bones, mixed together.
So either, a dino's head fell off and quikly sank in the mud, or a flood occured, and the dinos drowned, floated to the top, the after a few weeks began to break apart, and sink down into the mud.
As long as God lives, then there will be those who try to discredit Him.
they seek a sign, but no sign shall be given.
Anyone can be a "decent " person, but one must be sinnless in the eyes of God, to enter heaven.
Those covered by the blood of the Lamb are rightous in Gods eyes, those not, are self rightous.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273894 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Pro-Life women have had abortions? I would say it would be a very small number, so I think its safe to assume that most women who have had abortions are Pro-Choice or they became Pro-Choice after having one.
And no, I'm talking about the abortions that have taken place between 1973 to the present day.
I think its entirely possible that after X number of years of being preached to with the message that abortion is a perfectly okay thing to do, American girls and women will start opening their eyes to what abortion really is and will begin rejecting all the Pro-Choice propaganda that's been shoved down their throats for X number of years. At that point, conservativism will make a comeback in America and not long after that a string of conservative President will put conservative judges on the US Supreme Court.
Moron, I asked if you were assuming that all PC women have had abortions, not if you were assuming that ONLY PC women have had abortions.

No one can be prosecuted for a legal act, Idiot, even if it later becomes illegal.

Well, you go right ahead and hold your breath, then. The more fool you.

Every young woman I know understands that it's the woman's right to make her own choices regarding her own uterus and pregnancy. LOL, even many that call themselves pro-life still think RvW should be upheld, because they understand that even if they don't like abortion, that their opinions should not be forced on others legally.

What abortion REALLY is, is the ending of a pregnancy, whether spontaneous or induced.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273895 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I wrote. There is no need to interpret what I said. Just read both the posts. If you can't understand them, that's your problem. I am a very succinct writer, especially when communicating with you. You are incapable of accurate interpretation.
You are either a very lazy thinker, or have some cognitive deficit. If it is the latter, let me know and I will adjust my communication appropriately. If it's the former, you get no consideration, whatsoever.
You said she was right and that is what she said. Make up your mind if you have one.

Location hidden

#273896 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its entirely possible that after X number of years of being preached to with the message that abortion is a perfectly okay thing to do, American girls and women will start opening their eyes to what abortion really is and will begin rejecting all the Pro-Choice propaganda that's been shoved down thkeir throats for X number of years. At that point, conservativism will make a comeback in America and not long after that a string of conservative President will put conservative judges on the US Supreme Court.
What are you doing, besides lament and dream on an Internet forum, to bring your fantasy to fruition?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273897 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, you lie... and often. You just don't call the little lies you tell, everyday, lies. Some people call them, "white lies." Everyone lies, including you. You're lying to yourself if you think you don't. It doesn't matter. You're not hurting anyone.
My mother called them "fibs". What a funny word.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#273898 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in a position to have to lie. What is the benefit of lying. Lying just comes back to bite you especially in my business. If you tell the truth you don't have to remember your lies.
Women want men to lie.

for example:

"Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"
Gtown71

United States

#273900 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Your Jesus probably lived near an" abortion clinic," then. Thank God, abortion is legal and as safe as any surgical procedure can be. Your comparison of abortion to meth manufacture, sex, and "all sorts of other stuff" is inane, and that's being kind.
Yes! Thank God!
I would sure hate, for the mother to be harmed in any way, while having her babies chopped out of her.

Location hidden

#273901 Jan 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you see it that way.
I don't know anybody who tells their kids about Santa that I would call a liar because of it. The people I know wouldn't see it that way.
What you don't understand is that not everybody does things the same way you and your cohorts do, nor do they believe what you believe. They also don't share your mistrust of what people say.
So, you are rewriting the definition of a lie, to suit yourself. If you know that there is no Santa, but you tell your kids that he is bringing them gifts, you are a liar. Period. Of course, it's not a harmful lie, but it is a lie. You don't see it that way... okay, but the fact is, you do lie.

See, this is what is wrong with you: you refuse to be held accountable for your behavior and for your words. I have no problem with you people telling me that I killed a life when I had an abortion. That is true. However, you are lying when you call me a murderer, because abortion is not murder. Murder is a legal term. You say you aren't a liar, because you think you can make up your own definition of the word, "lie." That is dishonest. I am honest. You are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min No Surprize 1,681,000
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Nonsense 21,371
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Into The Night 64,397
News Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim speaks outside the C... Sun America Gentleman... 3
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Sun Plotts 61
News Brother Of Victim A Suspect In Hartford Fatal S... Jan 13 BPT 1
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Jan 10 Anonymous 99

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages