Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313390 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273834 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text> It is All about Him.
No matter how many people say otherwise.
ONLY for you and those that follow your version of "faith".

For everyone else, he's less than meaningless. Sorry, but that's a fact.
Statler

Chicago, IL

#273835 Jan 2, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Most Jews believe that abortions may be warranted. If you equate that with fake weeping about the "Holocaust", nothing you can post can change your anti-semitic spots.
88% of Jewish-Americans are proaborts.

98% of abortions are elective/for convenience.

Yeah, I think 88% of Jewish-Americans fake weep over the Holocaust.

Location hidden

#273836 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but why do you feel to aknowledge the "man " at all, since it is all about the woman and her choice.
Since I was responding to someone that made it seem as if its all the woman's responsiblity.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#273837 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Its LYING to them by omission. That's not to say you're intentions aren't good, but you ARE LYING BY OMISSION.
http://www.livescience.com/7907-parents-lie-c...
<quoted text>
Except in today's society, sadly, you can't tell them THEY will be okay, and NOT to worry - because you dont know that they WILL be okay or that they SHOULDN'T worry. Well you CAN tell them that, but then IF something happened, you will have lied to them.
In fact just this thing happened to one of the parents of one of the victims. There was a father who had two kids the day of the shootings in Ct, a girl at the school shooting site, and a boy at another school. The father was on NPR the other day, and was talking about how his son had a terrible nightmare a few weeks prior to the murders about someone hurting everyone in school. His father, who was a mathematician calmed his fears by explaining WHY something like that wouldn't ever happen and he used "probabilities" to do it. It calmed him, and life went on.
Until the shootings. And suddenly that one in a zillion chance WAS them and tho the father didn't really "lie" to his son, he sort of did by convincing him that nothing bad could happen to him, because the worst DID happen. In that six year old's mind, daddy lied, although he did it with the best intentions - as you said - to SHIELD his son.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/12/27/16...
<quoted text>
Great example of you trying to twist what is being said to suit your agenda.
You can't tell them THEY will be okay either, since they MAY NOT be. Emotionally, this is affecting kids that weren't even there as my example shows.
There's no real great answers on how to handle these things in today's world. As terrible as that is, its true too.
"Bullshit. Its LYING to them by omission."

You ignorant buffoon. NOT telling children something is NOT lying by omission, or everything people DON'T say is lying by omission, you dummy.

As for the rest of your stupidity, the IFs are not important when trying to make a child rest assured they'd be okay. Saying they'll be okay is the truth as far as we know it. We don't live by "maybe they'll be killed too one day", because that idea is just STUPID. The more positive reinforcement we give to our children about bad things in life NOT affecting them, the better able they are to go on emotionally okay. I wasn't talking about being a parent of one of the kids directly involved in the school shooting, I was talking about if I was responsible for small children again and my children were not directly involved.

Your examples to try to prove a point never have anything to do with what someone posted. I made a point about exactly what you had posted before about parents teaching their small children to lie, because parents lie. THAT's a lie, stated by YOU.

You prove you don't even know what lying is, and you also prove it by lying all the time and claiming you're telling the truth.

Not telling someone something is not lying by omission. That's senseless to anyone who has sense, because as i said, everything we don't tell people would be lying by omission, and that's not so. You won't get it because you don't have the sense to.
Statler

Chicago, IL

#273838 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>And a realistic take at that.
Time will tell. It always does.

You'll see what consequences your sins have on you clearly the moment your cocaine heart putters out.

Good luck with that.

Since: Jan 13

Bentonville, AR

#273839 Jan 2, 2013
Tired of the usual gang screwing us over, here something new for all to try..Nothing will change in the US government until we the people force a change:

http://www.kickthemallout.com/ - Real American grassroots!!!

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#273840 Jan 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Of course not; we're not idiots. Also, they CANNOT pass laws retroactively; any action that is legal at the time of commission is legal, period.
Legally, abortion was never considered murder.
<quoted text>
What if someone was to file say a class-action civil suit against all the abortion clinics and contraceptive companies on behalf of the fetuses/babies/people that were murdered inside their mother's wombs? The class-action suit would be just a symbolic gesture, no monetary award would be sought.

Location hidden

#273841 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I wrote is sadly true, but you write just as much comedy.
You : babies are not born knowing how to sin, they are taught, by Big ole mean people, who were also not born knowing how to sin, they too were taught how to sin, by Bigger meaner old people! Ofcourse those Bigger meaner old people were not born that way either, so it must be the Bigger, Bigger,meaner, meaner, old, old, people who taught them.
Yes folks, BS'hitter really is this stupid.

AGAIN, as I pointed out that by your own faith's view, "sin" began with Adam and Eve lying, and from then forward each generation forward taught the next generation forward to lie.

The newborn child is not capable of knowing how to lie as you claim.

Must be nice to blame everything on "original sin".

What garbage.

Location hidden

#273842 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn to Him and live.
ROFLMAO No thanks, I'm living just fine without your jebus.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273843 Jan 2, 2013
It's hard to speak when you are laughing to the point of vomiting.

The great flood explins the grand canyon? You mean the grand canyon that is still deepening? The grand canyon that pretty much DEFINES long-term erosion?

Hovind is a fraud. His non-accredited "doctorate" means nothing; it's in christian education, not any of the sciences. Not even other young-earthers agree with him.

He's in jail for over 40 counts of tax fraud and other income issues. What a godly man he must be.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible explains exactley how the earth was made, and when it was made.
It tells of a flood, about 4000 years ago, that explains perfectly how the Grand Canyon and many other things were formed.
Dr. Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) explains much about evolution, carbon dating, and other, but you will dissmiss him, since he is also a born again christian.
He is also in prison for taxes.
He explains his stance on that as well, but like I said -He is a born again christian.
He, like me, is not perfect, only fotgiven, but when it comes to science he is pretty sharp.
He is also willing to debate as many scientist at a time.
He has left many speachless.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273844 Jan 2, 2013
Did they make them illegal? If not, why couldn't they? The old labor day rule no longer applies.
Jeb Wilson wrote:
are you able to wear a white wedding dress?

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#273845 Jan 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
JESUS grew up in a nation that ondoned abortion. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for you.
<quoted text>
There were abortion clinics in Jerusalem two thousand years ago?
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273846 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
I personally believe that the main stumbling block to abortion being outlawed again in this nation is that millions of women are afraid they would be prosecuted by our judiciary system and would have to serve some jail time for murder.
If our government was to grant all the women who have had abortions since 1973 to the present day immunity from prosecution, would you Pro-Choice supporters be willing then to admit that abortion actually is murder and that it should be outlawed again?
Would you agree that a baby should be tried for matricide if the pregnant woman dies during the period before the baby was born?
In that scenario, abortion would have been an act of sef-defense.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273847 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you MORON, that IS the way EVERYONE raised their kids, and it doesn't make them bad parents.
Grow the fk up Inkstain and welcome to the REAL world.
You going to claim your kids NEVER heard you make an excuse to someone that wasnt 100% truthful? You didn't tell them going to the dentist wouldn't hurt, or wouldn't hurt much? Didn't tell them the needle wouldn't hurt? Didn't tell them "it'll be okay" when something bad happened, and it WASNT going to be okay?
You're not only a liar if you claim you didn't do these things, you're a DAMN liar.
No I never lied to my kids nor did they ever hear me lie to someone else. They are all honest, dependable, reliable people and they learned it at home and they will tell you that.

BTW, there really isn't any reason at all to lie to kids.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273848 Jan 2, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
There were abortion clinics in Jerusalem two thousand years ago?
Yes Planned Parenthood of Tel Aviv.
Gtown71

United States

#273849 Jan 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm now very worried about your daughter. If she is being home schooled, she's in dire danger.
You clearly do not understand evolution, carbon dating, or the earth's many transitions (including floods).
God is perfect, right? If you agree, why did God create imperfect beings?
God is perfect, and He did create perfect humans, yet He gave them free will.
He didn't want robots.
My daughter is just fine, and atleast I thought enough to let her be born.
Here name is Chloe, not choice.

I know enough about science. True science backs up the bible.
Like your buddy said, tornados rip trees down, and ice cubes knock them over, but in order to be a fossil, they must be buried quickly. So there goes that idea.

When they do find a dino bone, it is rare they find a comple skeliton.
A head here, and a leg there, or many different wads of bones, mixed together.
So either, a dino's head fell off and quikly sank in the mud, or a flood occured, and the dinos drowned, floated to the top, the after a few weeks began to break apart, and sink down into the mud.

As long as God lives, then there will be those who try to discredit Him.
they seek a sign, but no sign shall be given.

Anyone can be a "decent " person, but one must be sinnless in the eyes of God, to enter heaven.

Those covered by the blood of the Lamb are rightous in Gods eyes, those not, are self rightous.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273850 Jan 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
God is perfect, right? If you agree, why did God create imperfect beings?
It's possible that God's idea of perfect and your's is different.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273851 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How do they know unless they're taught?
You people seem to think that these things are magically imprinted in children before they're born.
Small children will lie because they've seen mommy and daddy do it and because its what they've been taught either directly (by seeing mommy and daddy doing to to get out of something they dont want to do for example) or by example.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Bullshit. If mommy and daddy aren't angry when they ask, if the child senses no reason to fear, they wont lie about it, they wont have to.
HOWEVER, if they get in trouble for telling the truth, then in the future, they may well lie to get out of trouble again.
<quoted text>
Good job at repeating what I've already said and shown in my links and claiming it as your own LOL!
<quoted text>
Actually, parents such as I describe, describes pretty much EVERY good parent.
You act like I'm saying that parents teach children to lie on purpose, when in reality, its simply part of being human.
Kids lie because, as their brains develop, so do their critical thinking skills. These skills are rudimentary, of course. That's why a little child will lie when it is obvious that they are doing so, and don't understand why it didn't work. Lol, that always cracks me up. They get better at it, quickly. Of course, when the people around them lie, they become skilled at lying, where as others stay uncomfortable with it. That was me..I couldn't lie to save my life. May parents taught us well without threatening us with hell and damnation.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273852 Jan 2, 2013
Statler wrote:
<quoted text>
Carbon is married.
lol
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273853 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh honey, I feel so bad for your kids and their lack of a future because of your 'gotta do everything by the book' parenting about lying and such, but "we" and pretty much everybody else knows you're full of sh*t, and if you're not, you really do suck as a parent!
Good luck with supporting your kids/being their social network for the rest of your life. BUT hey, they're honest! Bwhahahah
I feel bad for you thinking that you annd your children have to live a dishonest life. There is no need to lie to children.

FYI my kids are all grown have excellent careers, kids of their own and are happy.

Please don't waste a moment of pity on me, look in your own house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,498,131
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 26 min silly rabbit 8,023
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) 2 hr silly rabbit 49
News Friday was one of the warmest February days on ... 2 hr BPT 1
News Man connected to Connecticut Amber Alert was de... 4 hr Radio Flyer 3016 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr carmino seranni 63,399
News 16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 8 hr Agawam 1158 301

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages