Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313233 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

huskerDu

United States

#273768 Jan 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet little kids and babies look into foo's beady eyes & cry. They probably avoid her like the plague. They can sense her psychological 'offness' and abject disdain for them. She hates young human beings TO DEATH.
Very true!
Gtown71

United States

#273769 Jan 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question, I said many women don't WANT your 19th-century "woman's sphere" nonsense, which the 19th and 20th century feminists fought so hard to CHANGE for women.
Furthermore, I said I would be miserable living that way, and I have NO doubt whatsoever that many other women would be miserable living under such oppressive conditions as well. If my saying that causes problems for you, too bad.
What you see as oppression, others see as freedom.
I'm 41 years old, and started dating my now wife at age 14 -we were married when I was 19, and still are (by the Grace of God).

I have not always been a great husband.
I was a sad case for years, only (HAPPY) during certain times, or for a few momments during a drink, or if I popped a (HAPPY) pill, but regaudless of what you think Jesus Christ changed my life in 2000. I still am not always (Happy), but Godliness, with contentment is great gain (AND THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES ME GODLY), is having God live inside of me. Yet even before I was saved, or no time during our marriage, did I ask my wife to cook me the first meal.

If she did cook, great, if not then I cooked.
I've done most of the cooking in our marriage.

I don't treat my wife like I own her.
I don't.
She is a gift from God.

Plus, as far as the sin thing.
you can say what you want, and so can any doctor, but if we are not born with it, it is kinda hard to teach it to kids later in life.

We are all sinners, and if we die in our sins, then we pay for them.
One sin equals eternity.

Jesus died for our sins, and those who realize they are sinners, and turn to Him shall be saved.

It is All about Him.
No matter how many people say otherwise.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273770 Jan 2, 2013
chooselife wrote:
<quoted text>
if stupid women kept their legs closed they wouldnt have to worry about raising the kids or aborting them to begin with.
And if men got vasectomies or kept it in their pants, the same can be said.

Location hidden

#273771 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, liar. You don't speak for everyone and your little article didn't prove anything.
Actually it did. Carry on Lyin Lynne.

Location hidden

#273772 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>If stupid men could keep their dicks in their pants no one would have to worry about raising the kids or aborting them to begin with.
LOL GTMA! I should have read ahead!

Location hidden

#273773 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Small children will lie because they're unsure how their parents will react to the truth when they've done something wrong, and they know they've done something wrong. Toddlers are well aware when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing. If they touch something and it breaks and mom or dad ask them if they broke it, 9 times out of 10 the child will instinctively say they didn't.
How parents react when their child does something wrong is the example that teaches the child whether telling the truth is better for them in the long run than lying is. Good parents react positively to small children who tell the truth.
Parents as Foo describes obviously don't teach their children that honesty is the best policy.
Children learn to lie to begin with, because they see their parents doing it. That's a FACT.

Lying is NOT always a bad thing, there are times when its necessary, and a good parent will teach the child about that.

Of COURSE honestly is the best policy, but its NOT an absolute.

Come on Lynne, you lie incessently and EVERYONE knows it, you'd be a good poster child for "dont let this happen to you" when it comes to speaking to a child about lying.

Location hidden

#273774 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say that none of your examples was realistic in my parenting of my kids. I was honest with them according to their ability to understand. Going to the dentist DIDN'T hurt my kids, because they didn't have cavities, because they were diligent in brushing their teeth. When something bad happened, I never said "it'll be okay". I said THEY would be okay, because they would be, their father and I would make sure of it. You're such a pathological liar, you don't even understand how to be honest with children, and do it in such a way that they benefit from it and aren't harmed by it.
The "damn liar" here is you. You're an ignorant buffoon if you think otherwise.
ROFLMAO Lynne, you're so full of shit. You're no different than anyone else. OH and BTW, being diligent in brushing their teeth isn't a guarantee against cavities.

Sorry. We all didn't have the "perfect" kids you did.@@ ROFLMAO!

Location hidden

#273775 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Gonna have to disagree with you LL. However a child learns to lie, they lie. Everyone lies, plain and simple. To deny that is a lie, plain and simple.
Exactly.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273776 Jan 2, 2013
Obviously you are a man; only an intolerant man would presume women are to frigging stupid to understand what an abortion is.

FACTS:
A woman is not a mother unless she has born children, either through birth, adoption, etc. Being pregnant means being a mother-to-be--IF you choose to carry to term.

Not everyone equates fetuses with born hildren--certainly the constitution doesn't. Fetal homicide laws refer only to abrogation of the woman's wishes; they cannnot grant legal status to the fetus.

Science in fact does nor count any fetus as a member of its potential species.

Nobody tries to prevent a woman from getting a sonogram; the objection is to make them have one against their will. There is plenty of information about the potential after-effects of abortion. However, abortion doesn't usually cause depression. And why don't PLM'ers ever talk about post-partum depression.

The vast bulk of PP's income and work has nothing to do with abortion. BTW--they are a non-profit.
Right Wing Conspiracy wrote:
Thankfully through education and science more and more women are learning the cold hard truth about abortion. In every case an abortion involves the mother killing her child and they can never get them back after they make that permanent decision.
Pro-abortionists will try to block them from this knowledge. Whether they are trying to block legislation like Lacey's law which identifies a fetus as a human life (science supports that and why do they try to punish the women choosing not to have an abortion?), or prevent them from seeing a sonogram (where they can view the heartbeat of the child that's inside them), or deny the reports many women make of their abortion causing them depression.
Hopefully, the word will keep getting out, and women will be aware of the true consequences and just stop choosing to get abortions. Abortion clinics closing down due to lack of business would be a great thing. Not very profitable for groups like Planned Parenthood though.

Indianapolis

#273777 Jan 2, 2013
There are a half-million kids available for adoption in this country; they just aren't all white newborns. If you are fixed on only a perfect little white baby, you probably aren't mature enough to adopt. No woman should feel responsible for bearing an unwanted child for a picayune pair or parent-wannabe's.

When dear-old-dad can take over the pregnancy, he gets a voice IF that choice is to be pregnant in her stead.
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to there are so many familys anxious to adopt a baby, so anxious the supply here is limited, so they must go buy one in some hole, it would be nice to see more American babies available for adoption, oh well there are those who feel it's murder to abort and those who think it a privacy issue, sadly the other responisible party has no say, dear old dad doesn't count in your world, oh well

Indianapolis

#273778 Jan 2, 2013
People can get sterilizedif they so choose. However, doctors are leery of doing it becaus it is very difficult to reverse and there have been many lawsuits from people who regretted their decisions.
AmICrazy wrote:
Why is abortion so acceptable, yet sterilization is not even mentioned? I am 100% Pro-Life but have no problem with a doctor sterilizing a consenting adult who is a terrible parent/drug abuser/child abuser, felons, chronic unemployed, etc. and medical insurance should pick up the tab. Explain to me where am I wrong!!! Why wait until they carry a life? BTW, I'm for any enticement necessary to get their consent, including $$$. This would surely cut down on the foster/unwanted children situation. As far as the death penalty, I'm against it, period. Why would anybody in their right mind trust the worst legal system in the world (U.S. legal system) with someone's life. Life imprisonment at best.
Gtown71

United States

#273779 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> And if men got vasectomies or kept it in their pants, the same can be said.
I agree, but why do you feel to aknowledge the "man " at all, since it is all about the woman and her choice.

Location hidden

#273780 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Again, not every kid is blessed with good genes for perfect teeth. Now you're equating not lying to your children because the dentist didn't hurt for them because they brushed their teeth??!!(BTW just because a child brushes diligently, didn't always give them a pass for no cavities)
When something bad happened, I always said that eventually it'll be okay. What kind of sh*t did your children do to where you COULDN'T say that everything would be okay, and that "they" would be okay? I'm picturing some pretty bad stuff LL. Stuff where "other" people wouldn't be okay. DANG!
**sighs** So just go ahead and speak for me dear. You do it so well, that way I dont have to read ahead anymore.

Just come up with a SN like RCFoofoo would ya? LOL!!!

I remember my grandfather having a heart attack when I was I think 8 or 9? My mom telling me it would be okay and I simply never saw him again. It wasn't okay, but in retrospect, they didn't KNOW themselves back then, and it was simply what parents said to kids, and maybe also to ease themselves, y'know?

And lets be honest, parents lie in other ways all the time. They lie by omission for example. "Cummon kids, we're going to visit your Great Auntie Sophie, she's 97 years old, and will show to how to fold your linen napkins into perfect 90 degree angles. It'll be FUN!" LOL! How many kids at an early age think mommy and daddy have a squirrelly idea of what's "fun"? LOL!

Location hidden

#273781 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad for the other kids/people, huh? At least YOUR kids would be okay....
Yeah, right. HER kids parents were superbeings that would MAKE SURE everything was perfect to go with their perfect teeth.@@

What an idiot Lynne is.

Location hidden

#273782 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what Foo said, and my post was based on what she said. Foo said (parents) teach their kids to lie and that's not true except for those parents who lie to their kids, like she did.
That IS what I said Lynne. READ the damn post and article.

Yes, parents DO teach kids to lie, and they do it by their actions as well.

When you told your kid to try something, that was good to eat, and they hated it, you LIED to them. Never tell your kid that if they didn't go to sleep that Santa or the Tooth fairy wouldn't come? You lied. Oh wait, you likely didn't let your kids believe that nonense right?@@

You NEVER wanted to get off the phone with someone and told a white lie ('dinner is cooking' when you were dont dinner or 'hubby will be home soon' when he was already there'}? REALLY?

You're lying about lying if you claim you NEVER lied around your children or TO your children Lynne.

I'm NOT SAYING that these kinds of lies are a bad thing, simply that they DO happen, and that CHILDREN ARE NOT ***BORN*** KNOWING HOW TO LIE. They MUST be taught.

Okay, lets give you the benefit of the doubt for a moment - the discussion came when Inkstain and BS claimed that children are born knowing how to lie, because they're born with sin.

I countered that by MY faith, children are born pure, blank slates, and when it comes to lies, they learn to lie IN PART from their parents. I backed that up with a number of articles that prove that to be true, as well as common sense.

Indianapolis

#273783 Jan 2, 2013
So the countries with sharia law, no due process, etc, are better than our system? Feel free to move to one of these utopias, then.
AmICrazy wrote:
...As far as the death penalty, I'm against it, period. Why would anybody in their right mind trust the worst legal system in the world (U.S. legal system) with someone's life. Life imprisonment at best.
Gtown71

United States

#273784 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!!
Damn, its a COMEDY!
What a putz you are! ROFLMAO!!!!
What I wrote is sadly true, but you write just as much comedy.

You : babies are not born knowing how to sin, they are taught, by Big ole mean people, who were also not born knowing how to sin, they too were taught how to sin, by Bigger meaner old people! Ofcourse those Bigger meaner old people were not born that way either, so it must be the Bigger, Bigger,meaner, meaner, old, old, people who taught them.

Circular reasoning.

This is the very same process used to try and show, the earth is millions of years old.
Dr. Spoodinky : we know that this layer of earth, is 140 million years old, becouse we find this certain fossil inside this layer, and we know that this certain fossil is 140 million years old.

Student : excuse me proffesor, but how do you know that these fossils are 140 million years old?

Dr. Spoodinky : are you really that stupid!!! How could you make it in my wonderful class, I will never know!?!?!? But let me inlighten you : the reason we Know these fossils are 140 million years old, is becouse of the layer of earth they are found in!!

Circular reasoning.

As dumb as this is, it is what that is being taught to our kids.
(The kids that survive) their (mothers) wombs.

Location hidden

#273785 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow, RC, go to bed already because you're not understanding a thing you're reading.
Actually she understood it perfectly, its YOU thats trying to twist it.
I was using Foo's examples and personalizing them to show that she was the one making blanket statements about all parents teaching their kids to lie by showing them the example of lying. She used the example of dentist and I never lied to my children about the dentist or what they'd experience there.
Oh for christs sake Lynne, I was using that as an example that MANY people use when taking their kids to a dentist when they're young.

I didn't say YOU did it, after all you're fucking PERFECT right? You never did ANYTHING that normal people have done !!@@

YOU PERSONALIZING it is your stupidity, when it was clearly being used as a general example of how childrent are TAUGHT to lie.

G-d FORBID you ever enter an ongoing discussion and just try to TALK with others instead of PERSONALIZING everything (as you just admitted you do) then trying to tear apart what others are saying to fit YOUR agenda.

The POINT of the discussion which you clearly missed was that we are saying children are NOT BORN KNOWING HOW TO LIE because they're "born in sin".@@

One of the nuts here actually said "If babies aren't born KNOWING how to sin, then how do they learn?" which is what prompted my response - from their parents. AND I backed it up with scientific evidence that this IS what happens at least in part.

Parents, by form and example teach lying to their kids.

Now maybe I wasn't clear enough for the anal retentive, and should have clarified that they're not teaching them to do it PURPOSLY or maliciously, but the fact is that they DO teach it by example.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273786 Jan 2, 2013
Katies Granddaughter wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to save the lives of preborn baby Jews.
You condone & support the execution of preborn baby Jews.
What were YOU saying about anti-semitism, limpy?
Katies Granddaugher wishes she had a Grandmother who died giving birth to you.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273787 Jan 2, 2013
Katies Granddaughter wishes Katie died giving birth?

I wonder if Katie will appreciate your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,483,985
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,986
Lost Phone 16 hr Do no harm 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sun TRD 71,320
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Well Well 20,775
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jan 21 Maria pawlus 73
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Jan 19 truth 7,994

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages