Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317461 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#273749 Jan 1, 2013
Truth be told, I wasn't really reading about the exchange between you and foofoo, I was just speaking of my own experiences. Alright, good point on shielding them, I don't blame you for that, I would too. Alrighty then, in the future I won't jump into a convo I haven't been paying much attention to. BUT, about the lying to kids part, I do that too, they do it. Big lies? I hope not, but I did it to my parents, and I'm not going to assume it won't be done to me.

I still don't think that honesty is the best policy in a lot of cases. Again, I guess it depends on the circumstances!

Location hidden

#273750 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>I was using Foo's examples and personalizing them to show that she was the one making blanket statements about all parents teaching their kids to lie by showing them the example of lying. She used the example of dentist and I never lied to my children about the dentist or what they'd experience there.
Well there, we differ on that then, because I would lie otherwise good luck getting them seated if you didn't. Needles too. They suck I say, but more often than not, they don't hurt. AND I do believe that.

IMO I really do think parents teach their kids to lie, of course they do. By teaching if you mean observing.. YOU BET! No way in heck would I admit that I just didn't want to see the in-laws cause I have better things to do or that I just don't want to. Am I going to say I'm not feeling well? Yup! Are my kids going to see me laughing, dancing, doing fun things a 'well' person does? Yup.

At the same time, did they see me spare my in-laws hurt feelings? Yup.
Is there going to be peace in the family because I lied? Yup.

Pick your battles I say. Everyone lies, and a kid will learn it. Learned by movies, friends, siblings, parents, grand parents... yup ... wait for it.... keep waiting... here it comes....

cause to get by, you have to lie! lol

Location hidden

#273751 Jan 2, 2013
Now about the time I had a brand new car, let a friend drive it and you betcha, got into an accident. Wiped out a whole fence.... and yup, I said I was driving.

Little did I know......

Then there was the time a friend lived in our house for months, and my parents didn't even know...

Drugs? Nope, couldn't lie about that, the cup full of pee would have tipped them off.

Report cards? OMG don't get me started.....

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273752 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Gotta get up early for my job! YAHOO!
(oops,, sorry, I lied, I don't have one yet, but I don't want people to know how useless I feel so I lied, I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass later on when it's obviouos I don't have one)
Hey everybody! I have a challenge for ya. Who here hasn't lied about ANYTHING to where they can actually get on their high horse and state how bad it is to lie.
GO.....
wait wait,, let me begin by stating that Rachel isn't my real name, it's Grace! Now go.....
Everybody lies, literally.

Location hidden

#273753 Jan 2, 2013
A healthy meal would be on the tab, but little did my folks know, the cafeteria worker gave me chocolate bars in place of that healthy meal,,, worked out to be the same price. I'd sign my name and eat junk food. And to think I thought they liked me.

Yup, it's no wonder I can't stand junk food now,,,
so my advice to parents out there, if you want your kid to eat healthy as an adult, force feed them junk food between the ages of 8 and 12!

Location hidden

#273754 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Everybody lies, literally.
literally!
Ocean56

AOL

#273755 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
What makes you think, that all women thought it was misrable living that way?
Now "thanks to feminist ",many women must do all the house work, plus hold down a full time job.
If it was misreable, just keeping the house, it truly is misreable for them now.
To answer your question, I said many women don't WANT your 19th-century "woman's sphere" nonsense, which the 19th and 20th century feminists fought so hard to CHANGE for women.

Furthermore, I said I would be miserable living that way, and I have NO doubt whatsoever that many other women would be miserable living under such oppressive conditions as well. If my saying that causes problems for you, too bad.
Ocean56

AOL

#273756 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
If people are NOT BORN SINNERS, then HOW IS A KID TAUGHT HOW TO SIN???
IS IT SOMETHING, THAT APPEARS LATER???
NO, WE ARE BORN SINNERS.
STEALING GUM, OR STEALING A CAR IS STILL STEALING.
The punishment is not the same on earth, but stealing is stealing.
Have you ever stole anything? Anything? What does that make you?
Have you ever lied? What does that make you?
Have you ever uses Gods name in vain?
Lusted
Been disobedient to parents?
Make the list, and hopefully, you will see that you need a savior.
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE

That's MY take on the whole "sin" thing.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273757 Jan 2, 2013
John-K wrote:
Really "NR," you're stooping to these levels to "justify" your position?
I'm almost disappointed with you--almost...
I suppose I can't blame you for resorting to typical non-sequitur, and thoroughly inappropriate comparisons like the Holocaust.
There is no comparison...period!
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...
The Holocaust was a deliberate policy enacted to eradicate a specific branch of humanity based upon a racial "theory."
Along the way, the SS, and their "enablers" managed to "do-away-with" over 11 million people.
Pro-Life folks might believe in their hearts that "abortion" is "murder." They may also believe that the number of abortions since the passing of RvW is an "Holocaust" in our country.
Reality tells us a different story...
Thanks again for the "incendiary," and "mean" icons!
Best,
JK.
:)
Your probably not Jewish so you don't recognize anti-semitism when you see it. How do see it? you see a "faux" prefix with "Jew". His rationale is that he is not condemning Jews per se.
Katies Granddaughter

Chicago, IL

#273758 Jan 2, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Your probably not Jewish so you don't recognize anti-semitism when you see it. How do see it? you see a "faux" prefix with "Jew". His rationale is that he is not condemning Jews per se.
I try to save the lives of preborn baby Jews.

You condone & support the execution of preborn baby Jews.

What were YOU saying about anti-semitism, limpy?
Katies Granddaughter

Chicago, IL

#273759 Jan 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE
That's MY take on the whole "sin" thing.
Good luck with that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273760 Jan 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Well over one million preborn baby Jews executed by abortion since 1973.
What does faux Jew Foo have to say about them?...
They dont exist. There is no such thing as a "preborn baby jew".

You foul POS.

Location hidden

#273761 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you like to be witness to your kids getting their asses kicked because oh no, they can't lie! Have fun dealing with all their tears and injuries.... but at least you can say, on your high horse, that your children don't lie!
Give yourself a pat on the back, you parent of the year you!
Exactly. She's so full of shit. She just can't admit she MIGHT be wrong, and in this case - she is.
Gtown71

United States

#273762 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Truth be told, I wasn't really reading about the exchange between you and foofoo, I was just speaking of my own experiences. Alright, good point on shielding them, I don't blame you for that, I would too. Alrighty then, in the future I won't jump into a convo I haven't been paying much attention to. BUT, about the lying to kids part, I do that too, they do it. Big lies? I hope not, but I did it to my parents, and I'm not going to assume it won't be done to me.
I still don't think that honesty is the best policy in a lot of cases. Again, I guess it depends on the circumstances!
Yes, everyone lies at one point or another, and being honest at all times is not always the best pollicy.

This again, is the entire reason we need a once and for all sin covering. Christ Jesus :)

King Saul wanted to kill David, so David and Sauls son Jonathon lied to Saul, to find out if He still wanted to kill him.

We all lie -we all sin -that doesn't mean we should throw in the towel and go all out.
Do as well as you can, but being good enough for heaven can Never be reached on one on self. We all need to be born again.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273763 Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, it's fascinating how born, living people can do more than fetuses (regardless of their status.) When a fetus gets pregnant, let me know.
WHO CARES wrote:
Isn't it amazing that WE who have already been born and avoided being ABORTED can think it is OK to ABORT a child, fetus, whatever you want to call it ????

Location hidden

#273764 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of faith teaches that children are born pure and innocent, so it is ok to kill the pure and innocent, before they arrive?
The discussion was about the CHRISTIAN concept of "original sin" but if you want to try to mix the two sure!

The Jewish faith does not believe that a fetus is a "human" or "human being" or "NEFESH" (person) until born. NOBODY said its "okay" to kill anything, but we dont look at abortion that way. But you know this.
Funny how you believe babies are born gay, but not sinners.
Ummm, WTF are you babbling about now?

Since being gay is not a sin, your comparison is like saying "its a sin to be born with brown hair"[email protected]@
Did you go to build a god, and well, build your own god?
Uh no. Its another faith. You might have heard of it: Judiasm.
If people are not born with Sin, and are not born, knowing how to lie, then it would be impossible, for them to teach others, what we have no clue about.
Kinda like you, trying to teach a christian how to live.
You have decided what is and what is not sin, according to your lifestyle.
You are your own god.
I geuss the easiest thing to do, when lying to yourself, and others, is to try and call all others lyimg :)
Wow. You're not only a moron about your own claim to have been an athiest, and now you're a bigger moron about ANOTHER faith.

Why do your kind revel in your ignorance about OTHER faiths?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273765 Jan 2, 2013
How litigious are you?
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how people pick such approperate names to choose! Could this jerk have piced any name more appropriate than "how pathetic"!!!!!!

Location hidden

#273766 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you call everyone who is not all for killing babies a liar.
You also say, that person is so intollerant, and I hate him for that. Lol
oximoron.
You say people are not born with sin, but they are taught by other people?!?!?
I geuss it was those "other people " who were born knowing how to sin?
I would rather you and others hate me, and me tell you the truth, other then being a fake friend "which you have many ",who want to hold your hand all the way to hell, while singing amazing grace.
Maybe you should think about it.
You are a murderer, by association.
you may not have cut the baby out, but you are just fine with the one who did, plus you take time, to promote the death of a live human.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Okay Bs'hitter. You're reverting to form again. TOO funny!!

Location hidden

#273767 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Headline News.
We break into our normal programing, to tell you about a horrific massicure.
Not sure of the total, but some say thay it could reach as high as 3000 or more, All killed today, by a blood hungry, money loving doctor.... oh no, just in, we are hearing even more horrible news. Our sources say, that the mothers of these poor sweet children may have been involved with their murders /did I just read that right Tony? Yes Sherry, you did. Our people are now confiming, that it was indeed, the mother and the doctor, whom set this whole thing up.
Under normal circumstances, the death penalty, would be given, but lucky for these guys, they live in the great u s a, so nothing whatsoever will be done, atleast not here on earth.
Well Tony, for all involved sakes -let us "pray ",that there is No god.m
Back to our normal show.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!!

Damn, its a COMEDY!

What a putz you are! ROFLMAO!!!!
huskerDu

United States

#273768 Jan 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet little kids and babies look into foo's beady eyes & cry. They probably avoid her like the plague. They can sense her psychological 'offness' and abject disdain for them. She hates young human beings TO DEATH.
Very true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min southerngirl 1,600,499
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Percecution 21,175
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Mon Caitlyn Jenner 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Into The Night 63,970
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Mon TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31
News PrideFest Draws Hundreds To Downtown Hartford Sep 12 Did Not Go 2

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages