Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315193 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Seattle, WA

#273687 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>He already has. Its why he is the WAY he is. I'd feel much sorrier for him if he didn't revel in it so.
I tend to think his life's too cushy.
He wouldn't come off so spoiled otherwise.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Foo!
May it be better than you'd hoped :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273688 Jan 1, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't forget you my friend!
Happy New Year to you and yours too...
Smooch!
:)
Oh, I'm blushing now!
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#273689 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Many species of animals kill their own young. Human have laws and moral codes against killing their young. Animals will eat certain plants to induce an abortion. That is adapting to a changing environment. BTW, evolution and adaptation are separate actions, not synonymous.
lol. The difference is we don't do it instinctively! Do the animals know the consequences of sexual intercourse? No. But we do. Even though we both instinctively want to do it. So you're saying all other animals ,throughout our known fossil record ," adapted" instead of evolved? If not tell me wich ones are destroying or have destroyed the planet.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#273691 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL parents teach their children to lie you moron.
AGAIN, children are a blank slate. They are not BORN knowing how or WHEN to lie.
Parents lie all the time, and think their kids dont know they're lying. Daddy calls out "sick" from work, Mommy cuts a phone call short by saying dinner's burning, telling the inlaws they can't come for dinner because the baby's sick, etc ....
Do your kind REALLY think kids are born with "sin" IN them? What complete bullshit.
Children LEARN to lie, they're NOT born with it, and they learn it from the adults around them.
http://nymag.com/news/features/43893/
In FACT, kids are MORE likely to be born with GOOD morals. The small child that tells grandma he can't stand how her food tastes because he's being honest, is TAUGHT that its better to tell her a "white lie" and pretend to enjoy it.
"Children, with higher IQs, who are more socially outgoing, or who are raised in a controlling family environment are more likely to use deception."

The above is from your bottom link. And it is too true. I saw my own girls do this. It's my niece, though, who brought it to new heights. Her mom, a born again (now relapsed), forbade Harry Potter and Disney. My niece read and watched anyway. Here's the kicker, though. My niece got married a couple years ago and didn't tell anyone. It was mail address to her new married name that gave it away. She didn't move in with her husband until after this incident. For a couple weeks she lived at home, went to work, and didn't say a word to anyone.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#273692 Jan 1, 2013

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273693 Jan 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year to you and yours, Foo!
May it be better than you'd hoped :)
It already is Katie! Went to a phenominial NY Day estate sale with J, and got m'self some cool stuff both for resale AND for my collection!

Same backatcha lady!!

Location hidden

#273694 Jan 1, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> lol. The difference is we don't do it instinctively! Do the animals know the consequences of sexual intercourse? No.
]

Really? You think animals are THAT dumb??

@@ What a moron.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273695 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Society. And I not only got caught, I paid the price and moved on over 25 years ago.
You should try it some time.
<quoted text>
I was taught to "hate" people like you by those that survived the Holocaust. I DO HATE intolerance, I hate DELIBERATE stupidity, I HATE deliberate ignorance, I HATE those that outright lie in a religious diety's name to suit a PERSONAL agenda.
Its fools like you that followed the nazi's and murdered over 12 million people because of religous intolerance, and yes, I HATE that. Most normal people do. You would have made a FANTASTIC goose-stepper. I'd say you'd make a great Hitler for a modern age, but you're not as intelligent OR charasmatic as he was. Instead, you're nothing but a toady for Fred Phelps.
I have NEVER killed anyone and never would, so this is just one more example of your DELIBERATE lies.
AGAIN I ask - and I'm sure you'll ignore the question since you're too much of a COWARD to answer -
FooManSpew: "Its fools like you that followed the nazi's and murdered over 12 million people because of religous intolerance"

You are intolerant to those 56 million aborted babies b/c of their size, temporary living arrangment, & stage of human deveopment. You are the last person to be preaching about the Holocaust. You damn fool.

Location hidden

#273696 Jan 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Children, with higher IQs, who are more socially outgoing, or who are raised in a controlling family environment are more likely to use deception."
The above is from your bottom link. And it is too true. I saw my own girls do this. It's my niece, though, who brought it to new heights. Her mom, a born again (now relapsed), forbade Harry Potter and Disney. My niece read and watched anyway. Here's the kicker, though. My niece got married a couple years ago and didn't tell anyone. It was mail address to her new married name that gave it away. She didn't move in with her husband until after this incident. For a couple weeks she lived at home, went to work, and didn't say a word to anyone.
Its a survial instinct, that's learned from the parents or whoever is doing the raising of the kids during the formative years.

Its NOT necessisarily a bad thing.

Location hidden

#273697 Jan 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoiled? LOL I think he comes off as bitter and perpetually hemorrhoidal. But hey, you could have a point too, I mean how hard CAN it be living out your pahetic adult life in mommy's basement?

Location hidden

#273698 Jan 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
FooManSpew: "Its fools like you that followed the nazi's and murdered over 12 million people because of religous intolerance"
You are intolerant to those 56 million aborted babies b/c of their size, temporary living arrangment, & stage of human deveopment. You are the last person to be preaching about the Holocaust. You damn fool.
No actually I'm not. I'm intolerant of idiots like you that want to impose your religious rhetoric on others in your sad attempts to control women's medical choices.

I dont give two shits about those ZEFS, neither do you - only I'm honest enough to admit it. I care MORE about the living, breathing, "walking around women" (to paraphrase Judge Scalia) and THEIR right to make their own medical decisions than I am about the unwanted zygotes and embryo's that make up over 98% of abortions that are done.

Not a SINGLE ***BABY*** is harmed OR affected by a safe and legal abortion.

And not ONE of those supposed "56 million" abortions affected YOU in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

THAT'S a fact.

As for the Holocaust, there is NO comparison, and the ONLY reason you bring it up EVER, is because you think it will get a rise from those of us that are Jewish.

Sadly for you, it only shows not only your EXTREME lack of class and intelligence, but your lack of Chrisitanity.

Not shocking coming from you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273699 Jan 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don't "know" that a life is promised after this one. Anyone is free to believe there is, but we don't "know" at all if it was really promised. We don't even know for certain that Jesus was real, or if he really was the Son of God. What if he was just a charismatic guy with delusions of grandeur and a whole religion is based on his delusions?
Christianity is not the first religion to come up the pike. There have been thousands of religious beliefs throughout the course of recorded history, and every one of them believed they knew the score. Every one of them thought they were right and everyone else was wrong.
I'm sure the Muslims believe what they're taught just as strongly as you believe what you were taught. Many of them believe it strong enough to sacrifice their lives. The nuts at Waco believed some crackpot cult leader enough to drink cyanide. The Mormons believe their head guy was a prophet and how many women are living in some shitty polygamy community because of it? Yet while you're thinking your beliefs are the correct ones so are millions of other people who are following many other religions.
I said you can choose to believe it or not.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273700 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL parents teach their children to lie you moron.
AGAIN, children are a blank slate. They are not BORN knowing how or WHEN to lie.
Parents lie all the time, and think their kids dont know they're lying. Daddy calls out "sick" from work, Mommy cuts a phone call short by saying dinner's burning, telling the inlaws they can't come for dinner because the baby's sick, etc ....
Do your kind REALLY think kids are born with "sin" IN them? What complete bullshit.
Children LEARN to lie, they're NOT born with it, and they learn it from the adults around them.
http://nymag.com/news/features/43893/
In FACT, kids are MORE likely to be born with GOOD morals. The small child that tells grandma he can't stand how her food tastes because he's being honest, is TAUGHT that its better to tell her a "white lie" and pretend to enjoy it.
Well I have some experience in this matter and you don't.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273701 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I'm NOT wrong, in fact, I'm 100% correct.
http://www.paulgraham.com/lies.html
The first time a parent lies to a kid, the kid learns its okay to do.
WHat parent hasn't said "it'll be okay" when it WONT be okay? What parent hasn't said "it wont hurt much" just before the kid gets a needle or a tooth pulled?
Kids learn to manipulate MUCH earlier. They learn when to 'fake' cry to get attention for example. And again, parents are teaching them acceptable behaviors to get what they want.
http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/lying-and-...
That's just bad dishonest parenting. Not what I would recommend.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273702 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The CONTEXT was you belittling their beliefs. Yours was a two sentence post.
My IN context post stands.
Suit yourself.

Location hidden

#273703 Jan 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have some experience in this matter and you don't.
Actually I do, AND I have scientific information for you to ignore as we knew you would.

The FACT is you're wrong. As usual.

Carry on Inkstain. Clearly you love living in ignorance, and you do a good job of it.

Location hidden

#273704 Jan 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just bad dishonest parenting. Not what I would recommend.
Actually, its normal HONEST parenting. Its how EVERYONE has done it INCLUDING you.

Feel free to lie and say otherwise, but we'll know you're just lying yet again, if only to yourself.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273705 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its normal HONEST parenting. Its how EVERYONE has done it INCLUDING you.
Feel free to lie and say otherwise, but we'll know you're just lying yet again, if only to yourself.
You probably don't know it but many parents work hard at raising honest, truthful kids. Not everyone does the poor job you are talking about.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273706 Jan 1, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> lol. The difference is we don't do it instinctively! Do the animals know the consequences of sexual intercourse? No. But we do. Even though we both instinctively want to do it. So you're saying all other animals ,throughout our known fossil record ," adapted" instead of evolved? If not tell me wich ones are destroying or have destroyed the planet.
Abortion isn't harming the planet in any way, so I'm assuming that you have veered off topic. That's cool, I'll play:-) We aren't destroying the planet; we are destroying ourselves and other life on Earth.. The planet will simply go on. When I say that we will destroy ourselves, I mean that, by destroying the environment that we depend upon for life, we will die off.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273707 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do, AND I have scientific information for you to ignore as we knew you would.
The FACT is you're wrong. As usual.
Carry on Inkstain. Clearly you love living in ignorance, and you do a good job of it.
I'm sorry, you have nothing. You can google all you want to find something that agrees with what you say but it isn't the way to raise kids and consciencious parents don't lie or are dishonest to their children, even if that's the way you do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min bob53h 1,563,949
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Thu jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Jul 13 LaLa Land 9

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages