Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311329 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#273406 Dec 31, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I support your right to your opinion. Enjoy it.
Well, which one is it?
Do I have an opinion or not?

Look I realize humans make mistakes, and I am in no position to correct you, even though if I were to do this, then the kill all crowd would be all over it. Lol

Abortion is killing, even CD, says so.
It is the killing of innocence (which is murder)

Yet thankfull Jesus died for All Sin.

For many I wish I were wrong, but after going from who I was, to who I am now, I have No doubt whatsoever, that God is real.

Many religions, in which people go through dead works and rituals, but I serve the only living God.
Let God be true and every man a liar.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#273407 Dec 31, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of men have always wanted a 'sugar mama'. Most sugar mamas today are the ones with a college-education and good-paying job, but some come from rich families.
Marrying a sugar mama will likely lead to a long duration because the husband and wife won't be agruing about money, which is the number one cause for divorce.
I do not agree with your assessment.

Communication (or lack thereof) seems to be the leading reason based on what I just googled. It might be about money or how best to raise any children, but regardless of issue, it does seem to come down to agreeable negotiation and compromise.
Ocean56

AOL

#273408 Dec 31, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
I think we all know what causes pregnancy.
That's right, NoRelevance, and women are free to use contraception to AVOID pregnancy too. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, no matter what your toxic religious institution says.
Ocean56

AOL

#273409 Dec 31, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
Was it really that wrong for men in the 18th and 19th century to want to ensure that there would be enough young women available for the young men of that time to marry?
Uh, YEAH, "genius," it WAS wrong, since the expectation of young men that young women "should" be available for them to marry is one little step above SLAVERY.

It seems to me that you and other right-wing regressive guys long for those days, when women were deliberately excluded from higher education, and the opportunity to enter trades or professions. Thankfully for all women, those days are long GONE.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#273410 Dec 31, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've missed you man! I hope you're holiday has been AWESOME Eddie! Bravo and DAMN well said!
Thank you. My holiday was very good. Was this the first Christmas you spent in your new town?

Location hidden

#273411 Dec 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that :) If you haven't read the book "Pagan Babies, and other Catholic Memories", I highly recommend it.
No, I've never heard of the book. I know the title would've scandalized my mother.

Location hidden

#273412 Dec 31, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that your hatred of your dear mother and her Faith drove you into the arms of the proabotion pagans.
This assessment of my post is both erroneous and dishonest.

Location hidden

#273413 Dec 31, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
It is ironic that a proud and noble Fatih like the Catholic Church ended up making so many of you folks turn to proabortion paganism. To bad they couldn't help you deal with your problems.
Perhaps you could be more specific and list what problem you're alluding to?
husker du

United States

#273414 Dec 31, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, you're full of shit.
Grow up and then go to Wal-mart and find a brain, they are right in your price range.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#273415 Dec 31, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
MorgasmWorshipper: "You hate and love to hate and especially hate others"
You promote killing defenseless preborn babies.
What were YOU saying about hate?
That's what I thought....
YOU promote controlling women you mommies basement dweller. Their medical circumstances known as pregnancy DOES NOT involve you control freak. Obviously the fact that you CAN NOT control women makes you the loser you are. Poor YOU.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#273416 Dec 31, 2012
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Eve, Eddie M!
Tom Tom does not answer questions from pagan pro-abort hedonists.
;-)

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#273417 Dec 31, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it really that wrong for men in the 18th and 19th century to want to ensure that there would be enough young women available for the young men of that time to marry?
If they at that time had condoned the wishes of career-minded women that they be allowed to enter college and/or take up whatever career they wanted to, and in doing so they would be putting off marriage and raising a family until years later, say into their mid-30s, then a lot of young men would be put into a situation in which there would be a fierce struggle with men to win the hearts of the young women that did want marriage and a family at a young age. There would have been a lot more bar fights if you ask me.
Fast forward to today, I believe if you were to poll all the young men between the ages of 16-24 with the question "Should women put off their career until after they get married and raise a family?" the overwhelming response would be 'yes'.
Men don't want to wait years and years for marriage and a family. You women should take this into account before you blame the men of the 18th and 19th centuries as nothing more than a bunch of cruel jerks.
ARE YOU FCKING SERIOUS?????

Why not just herd women up like cattle for the "boys" to avoid "bar fights"!!!!!! OMFG!!!!

You AGAIN PROVE MY POINT....it IS ALL about the BOYS...thus Christianity and all other male phallic worshipping religions.

Continue on.....you make less and less work for me!!!
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#273418 Dec 31, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, Morgana, and these religionist kooks may need a little reminder. After the first Women's Rights Convention in 1848, some of the strongest OPPOSITION to women's rights came from the CLERGY in many churches across the country, including the Catholic Church.
Idiots like "BraveCon" can deny that all they want. It is still a fact.
Nice to see yu agree with yourself.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#273419 Dec 31, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism has far more "rules" than Christianity dumbass. A minimum of 613 commandments, especially for Hasidic and Orthodox Jews.
Everyone is a damaged soul, including you pinhead. Don't you go thinking you're free from sin and take up the "hollier than thou" attitude, and remember your Jeebus parable of the Pharisee and the publican. Luke 18:9-14.
Now, shut your pie hole, you f*cking hypocrite.
Touched a nerve there. Oh thats right you don't care what people write, thats why you have a hissy fit. You and kathy two of a kind. He is still serving time for another banned period from topix. Bad little pagan.

I am aware of all the Jewish rules, as I have "real" Jewish friends born and raised in the Faith and who have no respect for what they call,'Madonna' types who join to get a man or woman or as a fade because they hate their own faith.

I wonder how many of the 613 you obey? I will give you this, you are probably better than foomoochew, she hasen't been able to keep one.

Now you go on not caring, except to bash Christianity as another Christian who is angry becasue the Faith did not approve of your life of promiscuity.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#273420 Dec 31, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of shit. I love these excuses "love the sinner but hate the sin". Since you are a sinner why not focus on self hatred of your own sins? Bottom line, you hate and love to hate and especially hate others and "their" sins..
Is that like the one about "supporting the choice to have an abortion but not the abortion". That is the best, it can absolve you from the guilt of anything.

All you need do is put on your pirated version fo the Hobbit and wait for Peter Pan.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#273421 Dec 31, 2012
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found it very futile to try and converse with proabortion pagans. You folks are ruled by your emotions and lack the ability to think beyond a very viseral level. My suggestion for you would be to see a good therapist to help you wtih the obvious problems of your youth.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273422 Dec 31, 2012
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've never heard of the book. I know the title would've scandalized my mother.
It's a good one :) I actually read parts of it to my mother, who had mellowed over the years, lol. My favorites are a section on the rote memorization of prayers (with a quiz), and the one on "Father Whatawaste". You'll recognize your childhood.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273423 Dec 31, 2012
husker du wrote:
<quoted text>Grow up and then go to Wal-mart and find a brain, they are right in your price range.
LOL, this is amusing, coming from one of the dumbest, most childish liars on here.

Location hidden

#273424 Dec 31, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Eve, Eddie M!
Tom Tom does not answer questions from pagan pro-abort hedonists.
;-)
And to you as well! When did I convert to paganism? I must've slept through the whole ceremony. And hedonism? What will my neighbors think!

Location hidden

#273425 Dec 31, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found it very futile to try and converse with proabortion pagans. You folks are ruled by your emotions and lack the ability to think beyond a very viseral level. My suggestion for you would be to see a good therapist to help you wtih the obvious problems of your youth.
I'll let my physician know your concerns at once!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Into The Night 60,047
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr OzRitz 1,394,925
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 70,719
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages