Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,569
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
husker du

Muscotah, KS

#273254 Dec 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on both counts, Liar.
Your POPE is the one part of the "culture of death", he proved it by giving his blessing to this travesty. He's the sick, evil one.
Explain why a Pope embraces the creation of life, and tell us all how you think its sick and evil to do so.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#273255 Dec 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you missed the author's point.
No, I got the point. An anti-abortion Pope seems to have no problem with the executions of homosexuals.
husker du

Muscotah, KS

#273256 Dec 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you missed the author's point.
You don't understand the Church'sview of homosexuality. We love the person and respect, but we do hate the sin of homosexuality very much , so do all Christians , not just Catholics. Quit spreading hate, wait... hate IS the culture of death, something YOU practice. God loves everyone no matter how sinful they are , we are to love everyone,but we do not have to love the sin that they commit or support,acept it. The writer is a bigot and hates Christianity.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273257 Dec 30, 2012
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when I was little and in grammar school we had morning prayers. There was a little Jewish girl who was allowed to not participate. I ( and I expect many others) envied her because she got to sit at her desk drawing or reading while we had to stand with our hands clasped feigning that we were praying. What's off about this is that I'm sure as a Jewish girl she also prayed, but our silent morning prayers were clearly of the Christian nature.
This same little girl did not celebrate Christmas as her parents were not modern in that respect. She was off on Christmas because it was a school holiday of course, but she had to miss classes on her own Jewish holidays. Again, many of us were quite envious.
At that time our town was predominantly Christian and there were no Jewish synagogues within our borders so there was no complaint from anyone about prayers and Christmas pageants in school, but times have indeed changed and all religions would have to be accommodated and so it's best left out of the schools.
Christmas is a federal holiday and should we want to make it secular and non-denominational then we could bring Christmas back into the schools. I can say with great authority that my own mother would support Christian prayers and teachings in any school classroom but would've screamed to the Heavens if another religion were to be recognized in the same way. My mother was even against the teachings of other Christian denominations. She would never have tolerated Protestant or Baptist versions being taught and the King James Bible was not allowed in our house.
We had one Unitarian style Fellowship church in our town which my mother referred to as a cult and many high school students opted to attend this shockingly progressive church, but to my mother it was a temple of evil. My mother was full of surprised though. She gave some Jehovah's Witness folks the asking price of 5 cents for their Watchtower publication so as not to appear rude at her own front door.
In summary: my mother was greatly in favor of Catholic prayer and teachings in the classroom but nobody else was allowed in.
I too think religion best left out of the classroom, except quite possibly a class ON religion itself.

Just a few weeks ago, I had a Jehovah's Witness at my door. We had a very nice conversation, and when she offered the magazine, I declined. I told her I'd be glad to take it, but that no one would read it, and since I know they pay for them themselves, it seemed a waste to just throw it away. She was very appreciative of that.

This subject is one of my pet peeves. Prayer has not "been removed" from the schools, just the adults leading the students in prayer. I wouldn't even be okay with a Wiccan teacher leading the kids in a ritual in public school. It's not the place.

My mother would have objected to any other religion's prayers in school, too. In fact, I remember clearly the complaints about Mass not being in Latin, and the "hippies and Communists" taking over the church during the "Folk Mass", lol. Shoot, I didn't even know there were other religions until I was about 11. And had a friend at 14 who, when I answered a question with "Is the Pope Catholic?" got a confused look on her face, and asked "Is he? I thought he was everyone's Pope" :) Apparently kids don't really care to talk about religion unless parents make an issue of it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#273258 Dec 30, 2012
husker du wrote:
<quoted text>Explain why a Pope embraces the creation of life, and tell us all how you think its sick and evil to do so.
Did you even READ the article?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#273259 Dec 30, 2012
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I got the point. An anti-abortion Pope seems to have no problem with the executions of homosexuals.
Well true, there were two points, actually. What I was referring to was the irony of him trying to "modernize" the church by being on Twitter, while still embracing medieval dogma.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#273260 Dec 30, 2012
husker du wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand the Church'sview of homosexuality. We love the person and respect, but we do hate the sin of homosexuality very much , so do all Christians , not just Catholics. Quit spreading hate, wait... hate IS the culture of death, something YOU practice. God loves everyone no matter how sinful they are , we are to love everyone,but we do not have to love the sin that they commit or support,acept it. The writer is a bigot and hates Christianity.
Either you didn't even read the article, or you failed to understand it. Got it.
husker du

Muscotah, KS

#273261 Dec 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Me hate that he communicated his bigotry, hypocrisy and the fact that HE is not "pro-life" so well? Nonsense. Why would I?
Saying something that God finds evil is not bigotry. I follow what Christ taught, so does the Pope, deal with it. You persacute the Pope in return Christ blesses the Pope every time the media spews hatred towards him.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273262 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply said, that a handfull of Godless judges FORCED abortion onto the american people, since you pro death people act as is the american people try to force the views on others.
You're lying. As usual.

You said"

"It doesn't matter when you stop the life of a child, it is still murder.
One secound before birth, one month, or 6, still murder FORCED upon all americans, by a handfull of Godless "judges ".

The Supreme Court in NO WAY "forced abortion" on anyone. Were you as a "raped woman" FORCED by SCOTUS to "murder your children"?

You said something stupid, and now you're lying trying to cover it up.

Typical for your kind really.
Yet like the x atheist thing, you twist my words to fit your agenda.
I didn't twist a thing. I posted your EXACT words, then DEFIED you to back up your claim.

Something you cant do, since you said something extremly stupid.

Again.

As for the "athiest thing" - AGAIN, I didn't twist a thing. YOU claimed you were an athiest that "hated g-d", which by definition is impossible.

Athiests dont hate what they dont believe in.
I would comment to the other woman, but truly believe, that both of them are just you, spewing hate under different names.
ROFLMAO ***clap clap*** Good try at reverse psychology BS'hitter. But as you know, I've been around since 2007, always posting under my own REGISTERED TOPIX name, and showing my ISP.

I have no to post under any other names, as I have no problem calling out assholes like you under THIS one. I'm not the coward here.
I also hate calling you a woman, becouse real women have a "built in "desire to love babies, not kill them, and truly not kill them, becouse it kinda may damage their rep, when looking for another Man.
What in the holy FUCK are you babbling about BS'hitter?

You have No prob killing tiny babies, even little girl babies (by the way, where are their female rights?), so it doesn't surprize me how, when someone calls you out, for the murderer that you are, you have no problem lying about them as well.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO!!! Okay then.

Tell me BS'hitter, when you were "born again", did they teach you that its okay to lie like this about people you dont know?

Who EXACTLY did I ever "murder"? BE SPECIFIC since you're accusing me of something very serious. How many "babies" did I kill?

@@ You are not only a Jackass for Jesus, you're another that can join the ranks of COMPLETELY PHONY "christian".

Guess that whole "born again" thing didn't take very well huh?

Location hidden

#273263 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then I was agnostic, whatever it is properly called.

********phony rambling religious bullshit deleted for redundant stupidity**********
Ahh. So NOW you were an agnostic. Beause you were/are too stupid to know what you were huh?

ROFLMAO!

Location hidden

#273264 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer is always voluntary. Times are changing. We are losing our right to pray or have displays in public. Why is public prayer so threatening to people like you?
You're free to pray in public, And we're free to ridicule or ignore you.

The ONLY thing you're NOT free to do is impose your religous babble on others and require them to participate in public venues.

Location hidden

#273265 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, you don't want your rights taken away but it is fine for me and people like me to lose mine.
If I strongly disagree with you, you consider that starting something?
What rights are you losing? The right to do WHAT exactly? To force others to participate in your religious bullshit? Tough shit. Other than that, you're rights are intact. You're free to pray anywhere you damn well please. Just dont expect to force it on others.

Location hidden

#273266 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are taking this overboard again as you usually do.
It is a fact that Christians cannot have they symbols or religious figures displayed as they used to.
That's right, they cant. There's no reason to have crosses and dead jebus figures in public places. There's a time and place for religion, and in public venues is NOT it.

I don't have a problem with all faiths displaying what ever they want.
Really? SO you're cool with Satanists displaying their inverted crosses on the public square? You're fine with the Westboro Baptist Church displaying their "G-D HATES FAGS" signs at military or schoolchildren's funerals?

You're full of shit Inkstain.
Athlets have been stopped from praying voluntarily in unisom before games.
ROFLMAO! No they have not. You pulled this bullshit before. ONE school in Texas did it ONE year. Big freakin deal.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#273267 Dec 30, 2012
husker du wrote:
<quoted text> Saying something that God finds evil is not bigotry. I follow what Christ taught, so does the Pope, deal with it. You persacute the Pope in return Christ blesses the Pope every time the media spews hatred towards him.
Your evil Pope embraces the idea of the death penalty for gays in Uganda. That is NOT "pro-life". It IS bigotry and hate.

And next time, READ the damned article so that you can discuss what's ACTUALLY in it, instead of your irrelevancies.

Location hidden

#273268 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the jerimiah project
You should check it out. If you don't I'll show you more.
The federal government abridges the free exercise of religion in America by:
Regulating churches and other religious organizations through its tax laws.
Limiting religious liberty in the area of public and private education.
Forbidding non-denominational prayer in public schools and at educational ceremonies.
Excluding the Bible from school classrooms and from other school property.
Refusing to permit the religious displays on public property, such as Christmas and Chanukah.
ROFLAMO What a bunch of crap. ALL these laws do is forbid your kind from shoving your religious bullshit down others throats in public venues.

Prayer is NOT forbidden in school. Kids can pray whenever and wherever they want. What they CAN'T do is force religous garbage on their classmates, or take up others time with that garbage.

There is no reason to have religoius displays on public property. You're free to have all the religious crap you want on YOUR property, but PUBLIC property implies the PUBLIC - a public that does NOT necessisarily share those religous views.

The bible dosen't belong in public schools. Period. Not my bible, not yours not anyone's. If a kid wants to bring THEIRS to school for their private reading, they can, NOBODY is prohibiting that.

You are 100% free to exercise your religous beliefs in any way you want, SO LONG AS YOU DONT TRY TO FORCE IT ON OTHERS.

But hey, you're fine with restricting OTHERS religoius freedoms, so long as you get what YOU want.

@@

Location hidden

#273269 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this is America which was founded on the principle of religious freedom.
And you HAVE religous freedom. And so do I. And MY religous freedom includes not having to deal with yours in a public venue. Deal with it.

Location hidden

#273270 Dec 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I too think religion best left out of the classroom, except quite possibly a class ON religion itself.
Just a few weeks ago, I had a Jehovah's Witness at my door. We had a very nice conversation, and when she offered the magazine, I declined. I told her I'd be glad to take it, but that no one would read it, and since I know they pay for them themselves, it seemed a waste to just throw it away. She was very appreciative of that.
This subject is one of my pet peeves. Prayer has not "been removed" from the schools, just the adults leading the students in prayer. I wouldn't even be okay with a Wiccan teacher leading the kids in a ritual in public school. It's not the place.
My mother would have objected to any other religion's prayers in school, too. In fact, I remember clearly the complaints about Mass not being in Latin, and the "hippies and Communists" taking over the church during the "Folk Mass", lol. Shoot, I didn't even know there were other religions until I was about 11. And had a friend at 14 who, when I answered a question with "Is the Pope Catholic?" got a confused look on her face, and asked "Is he? I thought he was everyone's Pope" :) Apparently kids don't really care to talk about religion unless parents make an issue of it.
People can clearly pray in school at any time on their own. That's allowed anywhere, so no rights are being revoked.

My parents also complained about the Mass no longer being in Latin. My mother thought the folk singers at Mass were nice my father also thought they were a bunch of hippies. My mother was upset with the state of the modern CCD classes and thought all the "Jesus is love" curriculum was a hippie thing and she wanted serious Bible instruction. One CCD instructor claimed any praying that took less than fifteen minutes was just frivolity. All serious prayers lasted no less than fifteen minutes and a half hour was best.

Once when I stated my confusion over Jesus and God being one and the my mother called me a blasphemer. She also claimed lying was one way to get to Hell.

Growing up Catholic back in the 70s sure was an experience.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#273271 Dec 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, name caller. The fetal heart is different than the newborn's heart (therefore different than mine). It doesn't function in the same way a real baby's heart function.
You have taken "ineffective" to new heights. Yay, you.
A newborn's heart continues to undergo changes. Using your logic, a newborn is not "a real baby".

The preborn baby's heart is functioning EXACTLY as it is supposed to be at that stage of human life. It's not functioning abnormally at all.

You're going through the stage of menopause. Does that make you "Not a real lady"?

You're a mess......

Location hidden

#273272 Dec 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well true, there were two points, actually. What I was referring to was the irony of him trying to "modernize" the church by being on Twitter, while still embracing medieval dogma.
In truth I did miss that point. And it's a very good point actually.

Location hidden

#273273 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume all this was offensive to you.
In March 1998, The ACLU put pressure on the small town of Republic, Missouri to remove a fish symbol from its official logo, calling it a "secret sign of Christianity."
It is a sign of christianity you moron, and has no place on a government logo.
In April 1998, Rev. Patrick Mahoney was arrested for praying on the steps of the Supreme Court.
ROFLAMO That extremist moron has been arrested a LOT.
Tourists visiting Washington D.C. in 1997 were ordered by the police to stop praying in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol.
Yes they were. They were disturbing the peace and interfering with ACTUAL tourists trying to visit the Capitol.
In 2003, the National Park Service removed 30 year-old plaques inscribed with Bible verses at Grand Canyon following complaints from the American Civil Liberties Union.
So? If they were verses from the Koran, you'd be there with a crowbar trying to dig them off yourself.

You're a joke AND a hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,142,249
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,773
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,579
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 48,461
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr WARRIOR 19,468
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sat 1JohnB 8
Is heroin ruining your life or the life of some... Nov 21 youknowme203 1

Winter Storm Watch for Hartford County was issued at November 24 at 4:19AM EST

Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News