Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311485 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273165 Dec 30, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
I don't need more examples of you exposing yourself for an uneducated dimwit. I think the above examples are ample.

I clearly asked you to demonstrate where I said foo would "FORCE".

You failed to demonstrate that.

Go back to Topix B-League.

You're not ready for this forum.

Caring.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273166 Dec 30, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry. I know many of you self-proclaimed Christians don't actually behave like Christians and follow your own dogma, and you never let me down. So thank YOU!
Kind of arrogant for you to tell any group how they should act according to what you think their dogma is. This couldn't be another attack on religion again, could it?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273167 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
can you tell me why you like to think men want to control what goes on inside of a womans body, after the woman gets pregnant, when it is pretty clear you are overjoyed that the woman is in control over not only her body, but the baby and control of the mans life, that gets her pregnant?
Out of control would fit better, when 3000 women a day, could not control the situation, untill it is at a point where a living being is killed.
Heres just an idea -I don't know anyone who wants to force any girl into becomming a mother ther, if she don't want to, and unless raped their is no way at all she can get pregnant, unless she willingly has sex with a male.
So if a girl is 100% sure, that she don't want to be a mother, then why not get "fixed ", just like my sister -in -law did?
or (I know this is a shocker) she could just not have sex?
She may choose to do one of those things. She may choose not to do one of those things. It's her choice. She doesn't owe anyone an explanation.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#273168 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that you are incapable of saying anything positive about parenthood.
Would it have been better if Ocean had put, "Have a Nice Day!" after discussing The Hardships of Parenting?

Or do you think Hardships = positive?
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273169 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, proabort, you don't get to decide if you're a burden on others or not. Others devising the RANDOM classification scheme along YOUR human life spectrum determine that.
See how that works, limp stick?
A Jewish-American woman who is pregnant w/ a healthy baby girl decides the baby is "a burden" b/c she wants a boy instead. So, she aborts the Jewish baby w/ your Jewish blessing.
Holocaust crocadile tears.
A Jewish-American woman whose fetus will kill her has a choice. Does she want to live or die.
A Catholic-American woman has no choice. She must die.
You call yourself pro-life????

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273170 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
being a parent has always been an option for smart people.
in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex.
if they " chose" to have sex and then had a baby, they dealt with it, like smart people do. only recently has women been able to solve this problem by having her baby killed. that should make people a little upset, but then all the women who were all for having the option, to get away with killing their child, began to make their voices heard, and also wanted and got all people to help pay to kill their baby.
these same people want to put a man in prison for years for hurting a dog , but has no problem killing babies.
micheal Vick should have never even got in trouble for hurting or killing dogs, in a country that allows controling women kill their babies and gets the public to pay for their mistakes.
women rights, have been turned into some womens desires.
It guess it's just too bad that you don't approve of what any woman desires or doesn't desire. I can't imagine why it matters what you think. It's your opinion. That's all.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#273171 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one point-- It seems there are many atheists who do hate God and want others to also hate Him. I do agree with your point that if you don't believe there is a God then there should be nothing to hate but it doesn't seem to work that way. Do you think they secretly believe but won't admit it?
Ink, it's inconceivable to me that anyone would hate what they believe does not exist. What they can despise is others forcing their views on them. Mandatory prayer, etc.

How would you feel if you had to toss the Bible and accept the Koran? Your version of God would be kicked to the curb replaced by Allah. I suspect you would be less than happy?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#273172 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your granddaughter won't get to celebrate the New Year.
...because you coerced your daughter to kill her.
"Thanks, Grandma!"
(There in lies Katie's NEED to validate killing babies...to save her fragile emotional psyche.)
Van der Sloot
What? Did you miss a recent dose?
All you've written in pure fantasy.
Quit fantasizing about me; it shows off how disordered you are.
husker du

United States

#273173 Dec 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Knutter? SHow us a law that EVER existed that banned open adoption. EVER.
We'll wait....
***cue Jeopardy music***
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOOOOOO!!! You just keep thinking that Kuntbar.
Grow up.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#273174 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need more examples of you exposing yourself for an uneducated dimwit. I think the above examples are ample.
I clearly asked you to demonstrate where I said foo would "FORCE".
You failed to demonstrate that.
Go back to Topix B-League.
You're not ready for this forum.
Caring.
your post

I thought you were "prochoice".

Isn't adoption one of the choices you support?

I guess you're "prochoice"....until you're not.

Again.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#273175 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, Mr. DanglesPerpetually, Katie's assessment of preborn babies beating hearts was used as another way to dehumanize them.
Only a Fim like you would believe such crap, NR. The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart. That is what I said.

Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR.
Gtown71

United States

#273176 Dec 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear. I dont. But hey, good try!
LOL
<quoted text>
Oh now you change your tune and backpedal furiously.
Your claim was that these "g-dless judges" "FORCED" the murder of children.
I maintain, you are a LIAR. The judges on the Supreme Court are certainly NOT "g-dless" and none of them caused ANY CHILDREN TO BE MURDERED as you claimed.
These are YOUR claims, so either NAME THE "G-dless judges" YOU claim 'FORCED THE MURDER OF CHIDLREN" or stop lying in your jesus's name.
<quoted text>
Stinky, as you well know, I'm Jewish and your jesus is completely meaningless to me since its not my faith. My relationship with G-d is like most things, none of your business.
But your phony religous bullshit is noted BS'hitter.
I simply said, that a handfull of Godless judges FORCED abortion onto the american people, since you pro death people act as is the american people try to force the views on others.
Yet like the x atheist thing, you twist my words to fit your agenda.
I would comment to the other woman, but truly believe, that both of them are just you, spewing hate under different names. I also hate calling you a woman, becouse real women have a "built in "desire to love babies, not kill them, and truly not kill them, becouse it kinda may damage their rep, when looking for another Man.

Sick, twisted, bloody world you live in, and I hope you do have a god, that fits your mold.
Atleast it will make you feel better now..

You have No prob killing tiny babies, even little girl babies (by the way, where are their female rights?), so it doesn't surprize me how, when someone calls you out, for the murderer that you are, you have no problem lying about them as well.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273177 Dec 30, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>A Jewish-American woman whose fetus will kill her has a choice. Does she want to live or die.
My example was a Jewish-American mother aborting her baby girl because she wants a boy instead.

Not sure how sex-selection abortion saves the life of the mother.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273178 Dec 30, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, it's inconceivable to me that anyone would hate what they believe does not exist. What they can despise is others forcing their views on them. Mandatory prayer, etc.
How would you feel if you had to toss the Bible and accept the Koran? Your version of God would be kicked to the curb replaced by Allah. I suspect you would be less than happy?
Haven't you noticed how the schools can't have a Christmas tree or Christmas play anymore? How athletes aren't allowed to pray before a game, how all the nativity displays have to be removed. It's not allowed to even have voluntary pray in public. It has already happened.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273179 Dec 30, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>A Jewish-American woman whose fetus will kill her has a choice. Does she want to live or die.
A Catholic woman can have any life saving treatment.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273180 Dec 30, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
your post
I thought you were "prochoice".
Isn't adoption one of the choices you support?
I guess you're "prochoice"....until you're not.
Again.
I'm sure don't see "forced" anywhere. Maybe you're being very liberal when attempting to read between the lines? Or, maybe you're seeing what you want to see because you're a biased troll?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#273181 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When, where, and to whom this or any scripture was written aside, do you believe the bible, is the inspired word of God?
Not at all. It was authored by mere men and their imagination. I believe i have already stated my position on such a backwards bigoted misogynistic writing.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#273182 Dec 30, 2012
There seems to be a lot of anti-Catholicism in this chat room.

Women should be grateful that the Catholic Church has existed for two thousands years. It has taught good morals and values to millions of men over the years, perhaps as many as a billion men over the 2000 years.

Although a small percentage of those men ignored their Catholic upbringing and decided to treat women with cruelity and disrespect, the vast majority of Catholic men have loved and cherished the girls and women in their lives. They have also respected the marriages of their neighbors and have respected the daughters of their neighbors.

I believe without the teachings of the Catholic Church over the past 2000 years and its influence on western culture, millions of women would have been mistreated and/or raped on a yearly basis and there would have been a whole lot more unwanted pregnancies.

You Pro-Choice women may not have realized it, but the Catholic Church has made the world a much safer place for girls and women to grow up in.

Case in point, move to a Muslim nation or to India and see how much respect you get from men and/or how safe you feel when you take a walk down the street.
Gtown71

United States

#273183 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then you were an agnostic, not an atheist.
Not believing in something for which there is no proof is not hating; it's purely logical. Now that you have your own deity, do you think thor, zeus, etc, are or could also be real?
<quoted text>
Ok, then I was agnostic, whatever it is properly called. All I know for 100% sure, is that I wanted nothing to do with anything that dealt with any god, that I knew of.

I also know, that I was always a guy that did whatever I wanted, the more of what christians would call unGodly, the more I liked it.
I was for abortion, and if I was on here back then I would be bashing all the pro life people as much as I could, but then again, the ones that are on here Now, are doing a great job.

I had a sweet christian wife, for 10 years, but I was living a double life, with another woman on the side. My story is to long to write, but after a 2 year long affair, the other woman who already had 2 almost grown sons was pregnant, with my child.
I told a friend of mine about it, and he said :wow, that's like a real bad sin (adultry). I just thought "whatever ",but when I was all alone, I looked the word up, in my wifes bible. I did Not like what it said!!! At all!! I threw the bible down, and tried dealing with my situation.

I couldn't hide anymore. I truly began to feel so sorry, for all I had done.

This went on for two weeks.
I didn't want to get rid of the problem, or clean up one little area in my life, I wanted a complete overhaul, but I did Not know where to go, or what to do!!!

One night, I felt so convicted, I drank a six pack, and took a couple sleeping pills, thinking it would give me peace untill maybe 10 am.

My wife would be at work by then, and I could continue trying to do SONETHING.
that night I was awaken!!! It was 1:30 am sharp! I didn't need to adjust, my eyes, or sober up. I was wide awake and very sober. I felt the presence of something very large, and my chest began to tighten.
The message was Very clear! I began trying to bargan with Him, but He never budged, and my chest tightened even more.
Some amazing things began to happen. I told (God) or whatever it was, how my wife was asleep! And I was Not going to wake her up at 2 in the morning to tell this sweet wonderful lady, she had been living a lie.

I was afraid, like a small child. I never got afraid before (Im a big strong guy).
At that momment, my wife woke up, turned to me, put her hand on me, and said she was going to pray.
I knew she wouldn't be praying to long, and I kept wrestling with this thing.
After I said "in my mind " ok god ok, but you are going to have to help me!!!

A peace came over me, that cannot be explained.
When I woke up I was a changed man.
No longer any desire for alcohol, any drugs, and even cussing in the smallest bothered me.
I had an uncontrolable desire to read the bible, and I did. Fot days upon days.
It was two months, from that night, untill I realized what happened to me.
I truly had been born again, and it was Jesus, not any other god who changed me. All other gods are dead. He is risen.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273184 Dec 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Fim like you would believe such crap, NR. The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart. That is what I said.
Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR.
Katie: "The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart."

You clearly said the fetal heart doesn't function like your heart does. Likewise, grumpy's LimpDangle doesn't function normally. So....
_________

Katie Van der Sloot: "Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR."

My curiosity isn't piqued regarding what 'FIM' means.

I am, however, pleased that you know what "Van der Sloot" refers to.

Thanks, anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,403,290
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Ize Found 70,826
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr OMTE 20,386
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Jul 21 Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages