Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315193 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

worships reality

AOL

#270269 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, the MORON is the likes of you that wants to dismiss the the FACT that the man that did this was mentally unbalanced, and untreated. The TRUTH of that has already come out.
has it really? whew! if you hadn't said anything i might have gone on thinking that the guy who cold bloodedly murdered 20 innocent children was mentally stable and well adjusted. thanks for setting me straight.
The MORONS are the idiots like yourself that want to take this national tragedy and compare it to women's right to make their own medical choices.
The one "cheapening of human life" here is YOU.
Of course your stupidity was dismissed, since there's ZERO correlation.
you cannot definitively state no correlation. but continue to do so, and don't ever consider the possible triggers for such evil actions. that might require you to think.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#270270 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We have always had mentally ill people. This is a new phenomenon
where by young men want to take out as many innocent lives as the can.
Do you REALLY need a history lesson on mass murder AGAIN?

The ONLY thing "new" about it is the media coverge.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270271 Dec 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever once in awhile I see a glimmer of decency and sanity in Sassy and I start to think she okay and then she just blows it out of the water.
I don't see anyone glorifying abortion, however, miscarriages happen quite frequently so every z/e/f does not make it to birth.
The Newtown shooting is THE biggest elementary school massacre to happen in the U.S., and these sick fundies use those gunned down children to insult people who simply support people's freedom to make their own personal choice??? Really? And what about the children who survived and witnessed the carnage? What about the parents who are putting their six year olds into graves while their Christmas presents sit under the tree??
And these fundie a-holes use this for insults and abortion comparisons?
These so-called religious Jesus lovers are the "evil" ones. They're sick....Sassy included.
It's got to be their arrogance. I don't know what else would allow a group of people to actually believe the crap they've been spewing since this happened.

My heart goes out to those parents, to the entire community, who just saw everything they believed in shattered and with no warning.

Location hidden

#270272 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No they weren't. They were my words after you used them out of context and repeated me incorrectly. It's just who you are and what you do.
Tell me Inkstain, how exactly did I take anyting out of context OR repeat you incorrectly WHEN I USED YOUR OWN QUOTES & gave links FOR context?

Oh wait, I didn't. You just said stupid shit as usual, and are trying desperately but uselessly to backtrack. Just another Duhhhhhh moment for you dear.

Location hidden

#270273 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows there isn't. So what was your point? Could be you misunderstood or misread again.
YOU are the one that said "Really?" when told there is no historical evidence.

So what was YOUR point moron girl? Or was that just another of your many DUH moments?
worships reality

AOL

#270274 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not reading the same posts as everyone else.
<quoted text>
Oh HORSESHIT. This kid didn't go into an elementary school and brutally murder 20 6&7 year olds because women have the right to make their own choices regarding their medical decisions.

i didn't say he did. what i did say was that the possibility exists that a societal culture that devalues human life
(legalized abortion being only "one" of many ways that it does) is a contributing factor in influencing the actions of the already mentally unstable.
<quoted text>

[QUOTE]You pretentious, shallow, sniveling coward, you sicken EVERYONE.
Why do you think ANYONE should take your stupidity seriously? You hide like a little yellow bitch, afraid to post under the name you'd be KNOWN as, and you expect ANYONE to take your crap seriously?
ROFLMAO!!
i post only as wr ms. paranoia. i have been for years. even before chicky stole my name. take a look back. i don't post as lily or nr or skanky or anyone else that you have a cute little nickname for.
get a life.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270275 Dec 16, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
has it really? whew! if you hadn't said anything i might have gone on thinking that the guy who cold bloodedly murdered 20 innocent children was mentally stable and well adjusted. thanks for setting me straight.
<quoted text>
you cannot definitively state no correlation. but continue to do so, and don't ever consider the possible triggers for such evil actions. that might require you to think.
"you cannot definitively state no correlation."

Did I miss your post showing proof there is a correlation (no matter how small) between women making their own personal, private decisions regarding their own individual pregnancies and a more violent society who views life as cheapened because women have the civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy? I'll go back and check. I musta missed it.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#270276 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No that's not neccessary. A simple answer will do.
Then she answered you..
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#270277 Dec 16, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's got to be their arrogance. I don't know what else would allow a group of people to actually believe the crap they've been spewing since this happened.
My heart goes out to those parents, to the entire community, who just saw everything they believed in shattered and with no warning.
You believe that sadistic tyrants torturing their victims with colon restriction devices doesn't deserve retribution?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#270278 Dec 16, 2012
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

&#8213; Socrates
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wonder why this is becomming more commonplace and do you think this culture of little regard for unborn babies, violent games, violent and disrespectful music and an attitude of young people that only what they want counts contributes to it?

Location hidden

#270279 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you google anything? Try it, it's easy.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
You're a MORON Inkstain. Try actually clicking OFF the outdated picture you linked, to the UPDATED site, and read what it says regarding the "non-religious" part of the pie:

"half of this group considers itself 'theistic' but non-religious.

Meaning that HALF of the 14% would not apply to your comments, and as usual YOU JUST PROVED YOURSELF WRONG because you dont know how to READ and LEARN.

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adheren...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Humanism doesn't mean an absence of faith - neither does being an agnostic. In fact, the SC declared in Torcaso v. Watkins that secular humanism IS a relgiion in and of itself. So do Catholic fundi's. Your SPECIFIC claim was that athiests outnumber Buddhists, and THATS the claim I'd like to see you prove.

Agnostics, secular humanists etc certainly CAN have faith and believe in a 'higer power' or G-d without believing in a specific religion.

But thank you for once AGAIN showing us how stupid you are TRULY determined to be.

I find it ENDLESSLY amusing when you make a moronic claim, post something you didn't bother to read to back you up, then have what YOU posted make you look like a MORON!

ROFLMAO!
Katie

Seattle, WA

#270280 Dec 16, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
since micarry involves expulsion, what is being miscarried is the products of a pregnancy that has already ended.
thanks for that first link that reminds us all what the medical definition of pregnancy is and why you're totally wrong. a woman carrying a dead fetus is no longer pregnant.
"Pregnancy: The state of carrying a developing embryo or fetus within the female body."
Now take a leap forward and admit to yourself the pregnancy doesn't end until the products of conception are expelled. Which is what Bitner claimed and you denied. It can't end at any other time no matter what you want to be true.

I noticed you didn't address the blighted ovum, a pregnancy without an embryo. If what you say is true, pregnancy ends when the fetus dies, what is ending when it turns out there is no fetus or embryo? What is pregnancy called when all that's in the uterus are the products of conception minus the embryo/fetus?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270281 Dec 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
But neither are you really being objective about it. You know where you slipped up? When you called them "her girls".
Both parents have a right to teach their kids their respective views, religious or otherwise. If you read your post dispassionately, it's clear you see him as interfering
in their upbringing as opposed to having an equal say.
My mom was raised by a catholic mother and lutheran father. She attended both churches and then allowed to make her own choice. Kids sift through everything and make their own choices anyway, from what they learn from their parents and everyone else they encounter.
<quoted text>
I should have said their girls, I agree. I am not criticizing his belief or lack of. My intent was to show that two diametrically opposed views being taught are confusing to children. That's all.

Protestant and Catholic parents don't believe that dissimilar and don't pose the same problem. They are both Christians.

This is my feeling and I fine if some of you don't agree.

Location hidden

#270282 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my post about why two strong points of view on religion can be a problem.
I'll tell you where the confusion is. I have a Catholic daughter married to an athiest. She is trying to raise her daughters Catholic and his mocking and scoffing of God is beyond impossible for her and the values she is trying to instill in her girls is being made a joke of. The girls don't know who to believe, Mom or Dad. This isn't a problem in families where parents share the same beliefs and values.
I stand by what I said. I never said anything about him personaly. I never said he didn't have a right to his opinion. I only said the opposite points of view don't mesh and it is hard for the children. I'm sure they will work it through and he will back off or she will raise little atheists.
And once again you make a fool of yourself. THANK you! LOLOL!
worships reality

AOL

#270283 Dec 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a missed period, and a missed appointment, a missed miscarriage has not happened.
since miscarriage involves expulsion,

"miscarry [m&#618;s&#712;kær &#618;]
vb -ries,-rying,-ried (intr)
1.(medicine / gynaecology & obstetrics) to expel a fetus prematurely from the womb; "

then yes, a woman carrying a dead unexpelled fetus has had a missed miscarriage. doesn't mean she's still pregnant though.
by definition she is not ( thanks to katie for providing the definition)

Since it has not, the woman is still pregnant.
no she's not
Even the links LynneD gave said so. Deal with it.
no they didn't. that was just your warped interpretation of what her links said. the medical definition of "pregnant" is clear.

damn you're stupid
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270284 Dec 16, 2012
peter 1313 wrote:
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
&#8213; Socrates
<quoted text>
Yes but we have added some externals to the situation that are proving to be harmful, not just a lack of social etiquette.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#270285 Dec 16, 2012
Just like the mormons; you cannibalize the dead to swell your ranks.
No Relativism wrote:
All twenty small children executed in Newtown, CT were prolife.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270286 Dec 16, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Then she answered you..
I think not.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#270287 Dec 16, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
All twenty small children executed in Newtown, CT were prolife.
Your exploitation of those children is most definitely NOT.

You SHOULD be ashamed of yourself, but you're too disgusting a person to know it.

Location hidden

#270288 Dec 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and what if they decided to present an "united front" based on atheism? I'm sure what you really mean is a united Catholic front.
My husband is a Catholic. He grew up going to Catholic schools. He speaks about what he believes when asked, and I speak about what I believe when asked. Both of us acknowledge that nobody ultimately knows anything for sure, that nobody is right or wrong. My husband is not one of those Catholics who thinks his faith is fact or his is the one true religion. My daughters both believe there is a God. No confusion. Neither one of us is trying to trump the other. It sounds to me as if BOTH your daughter and her husband are in the wrong.
Exactly. There doesn't have to be confusion when the parents involved have at least the combined intelligence of a warthog.

Parents can easily avoid confusion by making sure their kids are actually EDUCATED in an unbiased manner regarding religions. It helps if the child(ren) can have religious education as well. My daughter wanted that, and we made sure he had it.

Inkstain and some others seem to think that children are stupid and incapable of forming their own ideas and coming to their own conclusions when properly educated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min bob53h 1,563,949
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Thu jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Jul 13 LaLa Land 9

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages