Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#270220 Dec 16, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think all mental patients should be tortured to death? Tortured to death for what? Being different than you? Failing to cower under your reign of tyranny and hatred?
One post later and your semi-lucid moment is over. Get professional help, zef.. That would be my suggestion to you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#270221 Dec 16, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that our drift towards a dehumanized secular cultrue that leans heavily on paganism can contribute to these acts of violence don;'t you?
Complete garbage. Untreated mental illness is what contributes to it the most.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#270222 Dec 16, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>I a stating MY opinion on on what I THINK of you, fools.. As for the other poster I do not agree with promoting violence.
As this is a post from you zef. I am left to conclude that either the good nurse upped your drip to a stream and you are now in your happy place or in a semi lucid moment are trying to actually engage in a conversation.
Either way, zef, I find myself disgusted that you would even defend your side efforts of using this tragedy to further yours and theirs antichoice agenda.
Again the antichoice hypocrisy is very apparent.
I never chose to have colon restriction torture devices placed in my body. I never chose to be tortured with those devices. However, I did choose to have those devices removed from my body. And have repeatedly asked the sadistic tyrants that torture me with those devices not to do so. You obviously have no respect for my choices or my body. Yet you expect quite the opposite from me.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#270223 Dec 16, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
I never chose to have colon restriction torture devices placed in my body. I never chose to be tortured with those devices. However, I did choose to have those devices removed from my body. And have repeatedly asked the sadistic tyrants that torture me with those devices not to do so. You obviously have no respect for my choices or my body. Yet you expect quite the opposite from me.
Zeffie, here's the deal. Much like abortion, the state of your colon is nobody's business and frankly - nobody much cares.

If you've had medical issues (mental AND physical) and had things done because you're mentally ill and incompetent to make your own decisions, there's not much anyone here can do for you.

PERSONALLY, I would never get between you and your colon, you're free to do whatever you want in that regard. And if you're NOT free to make your own medical decisions, well I can understand that too, because clearly you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

My suggestion to you is to listen to your doctors, and take your meds like a good little boy or girl.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270224 Dec 16, 2012
LiT rabbit foo foo wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the mental illness that has been proven IS the cause in MOST of these cases.
"WE" are not making these people you moron. Unrecognized and untreated mental illness is.
You say some SERIOUSLY stupid shit Inkstain, and your kind of "thinking" is part of what's SO wrong in this country with people getting help FOR their mental illnesses.
We have always had mentally ill people. This is a new phenomenon
where by young men want to take out as many innocent lives as the can.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270225 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
THey are YOUR WORDS being shown Inkstain.
The insanity is all yours.
No they weren't. They were my words after you used them out of context and repeated me incorrectly. It's just who you are and what you do.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270226 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to claim there IS physical historical evidence? If so, please provide it.
I suspect we'll just have another duhhhhhh out of you.
Everybody knows there isn't. So what was your point? Could be you misunderstood or misread again.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#270227 Dec 16, 2012
Tell you what--when you get a medical degree, get back to us.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are. you're the one claiming a woman carrying a dead fetus is still pregnant. claims don't get much more ludicrous than that
<quoted text>
still nothing to back it up ? it figures.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270228 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? I'd like to see you try to prove that bullshit Inkstain.
Can't you google anything? Try it, it's easy.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Indianapolis

#270229 Dec 16, 2012
Being crazier than a shithouse rat, for one...
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise, I'm sure. What are you accusing me of?

Indianapolis

#270230 Dec 16, 2012
Which explains all those massacres committed for religious and "moral" reasons, right?

Abortion has been around for millennia, and has been legal in this country for the majority of our history. Facebook deumanizes us more than abortion ever will.
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that our drift towards a dehumanized secular cultrue that leans heavily on paganism can contribute to these acts of violence don;'t you?

Indianapolis

#270231 Dec 16, 2012
Why would I? A woman who wants an abortion shouldn't have to give a reason.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what you say to rape victims that want an abortion?

Indianapolis

#270232 Dec 16, 2012
Precisely who is torturing you, and for what reason? There must be a reason someone would go to all this trouble.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think all mental patients should be tortured to death? Tortured to death for what? Being different than you? Failing to cower under your reign of tyranny and hatred?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270233 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Inkstain, I've gotten what you said not only 100% correct - I COPIED YOUR OWN POSTS and left LINKS to those posts you dumbass.
I swear, you're just going to have a big "DUHHHHHH" on your gravestone.
Here is my post about why two strong points of view on religion can be a problem.

I'll tell you where the confusion is. I have a Catholic daughter married to an athiest. She is trying to raise her daughters Catholic and his mocking and scoffing of God is beyond impossible for her and the values she is trying to instill in her girls is being made a joke of. The girls don't know who to believe, Mom or Dad. This isn't a problem in families where parents share the same beliefs and values.

I stand by what I said. I never said anything about him personaly. I never said he didn't have a right to his opinion. I only said the opposite points of view don't mesh and it is hard for the children. I'm sure they will work it through and he will back off or she will raise little atheists.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#270234 Dec 16, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>Most of these people on that side of the aisle. Are the same ones that were trying hard to conceal their own glee when Dr. Tiller was murdered in a church.
NR response is the typical hypocrisy that I have come to expect from those people.
These self-righteous fundies can complain about choicers all they want but it's actually the fundies who show time and time again what a-holes they really are....so much for their love of Jesus/God and scripture They're the evil biches here.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270235 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not upset at all. Second, it was a mention that it is confusing to the children when parents don't agree. It's confusing to children when one parent says a kid can do something and another says no. Raising children is easier when parents figure things out together and present a united front.
Yeah, and what if they decided to present an "united front" based on atheism? I'm sure what you really mean is a united Catholic front.

My husband is a Catholic. He grew up going to Catholic schools. He speaks about what he believes when asked, and I speak about what I believe when asked. Both of us acknowledge that nobody ultimately knows anything for sure, that nobody is right or wrong. My husband is not one of those Catholics who thinks his faith is fact or his is the one true religion. My daughters both believe there is a God. No confusion. Neither one of us is trying to trump the other. It sounds to me as if BOTH your daughter and her husband are in the wrong.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270236 Dec 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>

They're the evil biches here.
There's a conversation stopper. LOL

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270238 Dec 16, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Even SassyJM rang the bell comparing the incomparable. What is wrong with them they would equate upholding civil rights to a guy who draws a gun on kids at school? On is own mother? Are they so fetus-focused that is all they see? Only the fetus? Have they forgotten or did they ever know the fetus is only ONE aspect of a varied law aimed at neither forcing nor allowing force to be part of a pregnant woman's individual decision to remain pregnant or not.
Ever once in awhile I see a glimmer of decency and sanity in Sassy and I start to think she okay and then she just blows it out of the water.

I don't see anyone glorifying abortion, however, miscarriages happen quite frequently so every z/e/f does not make it to birth.

The Newtown shooting is THE biggest elementary school massacre to happen in the U.S., and these sick fundies use those gunned down children to insult people who simply support people's freedom to make their own personal choice??? Really? And what about the children who survived and witnessed the carnage? What about the parents who are putting their six year olds into graves while their Christmas presents sit under the tree??

And these fundie a-holes use this for insults and abortion comparisons?

These so-called religious Jesus lovers are the "evil" ones. They're sick....Sassy included.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270239 Dec 16, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you possibly know that? Are you saying that you are torturing me with colon restriction devices because I take medication, or are saying you are torturing me with colon restriction devices to force me to take medication? Whatever excuse you use to torture me, you are still a sadistic tyrant.
What are you talking about? Who exactly is torturing you? Did physicians tie you down and force this device into your ass?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#270240 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeffie, here's the deal. Much like abortion, the state of your colon is nobody's business and frankly - nobody much cares.
If you've had medical issues (mental AND physical) and had things done because you're mentally ill and incompetent to make your own decisions, there's not much anyone here can do for you.
PERSONALLY, I would never get between you and your colon, you're free to do whatever you want in that regard. And if you're NOT free to make your own medical decisions, well I can understand that too, because clearly you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
My suggestion to you is to listen to your doctors, and take your meds like a good little boy or girl.
zef is definitely a filament short of a light bulb...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,405,038
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Ize Found 70,836
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) 12 hr TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 15 hr Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages