Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
253,521 - 253,540 of 305,467 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#269921 Dec 14, 2012
LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
This is a very touching decision that we must all consider.Everyone has a strong belief in how they feel.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269922 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys make this stuff up as you go along. Too bad because it is hard to have an honest conversation.
I made nothing up. You contradicted yourself. You claimed both that anyone who leaves Christ is crazy, AND that your Atheist SIL is "just" young and confused.

Which is it? And since he IS your son by law, what are you doing to "fight tooth and nail" to bring him "back on track"?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269923 Dec 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that those women regret their choice. Taking the right to choose from other women isn't a remedy. Education, including the seemingly obvious fact that pregnancy means that, in nine months, a baby comes out of the" womb" is the answer. These women's stories are a strong argument for better sex education for children... before they start having sex, they need to know what sex is, and what pregnancy is. Biology is a good things, folks.
I agree, all that plus asking them to take a little time to be sure this is what they really want to do and to fully understand just what a fetus is. Do you think they should make a rushed decision about something that may affect them for the rest of their lives? They so often do.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269924 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Those are words written by others who claim those things are what he said. It's hearsay. And in no way refutes my belief, because even THOSE words don't say there aren't other Gods, or invalidate other religions. They just claim the way to his own God.
You don't believe the gospels so why do you include Him as one of your gods.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269925 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I made nothing up. You contradicted yourself. You claimed both that anyone who leaves Christ is crazy, AND that your Atheist SIL is "just" young and confused.
Which is it? And since he IS your son by law, what are you doing to "fight tooth and nail" to bring him "back on track"?
No I didn't. I said that if 'one of my children' turned from Christ, I would tell them they were crazy.

He 'is' young and doesn't understand the 'confusion' he causes in the kid's minds. I never said 'he' was confused and as far as I know, he has always been an atheist so there is nothing to bring him back to. Besides not my job.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#269926 Dec 14, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
Junket has called for a jihad on those human beings in utero.
Jihad Junket
Puddles! Always a treat to read one of your nonsensical posts.
You seem to suffer from uterus (or womb) envy. Tough poop, pal.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269927 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe the gospels so why do you include Him as one of your gods.
I don't. Where do you get this stuff?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269928 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. I said that if 'one of my children' turned from Christ, I would tell them they were crazy.
He 'is' young and doesn't understand the 'confusion' he causes in the kid's minds. I never said 'he' was confused and as far as I know, he has always been an atheist so there is nothing to bring him back to. Besides not my job.
Why is it not your job?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269929 Dec 14, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself Inkstain.
Ephesians 4:29 tells us, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
First Peter 3:10 declares, "For, whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech."
James 3:9-12 summarizes the issue: "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."
Your Jesus supposedly said:“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks”(Luke 6:45).
I think you are talking about cursing. That wasn't done by the poster.

n.
a. An appeal or prayer for evil or misfortune to befall someone or something.
b. The evil or misfortune that comes in or as if in response to such an appeal: bewailed the curse of ill health.
2. One that is accursed.
3. A source or cause of evil; a scourge: "Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race" (William Ewart Gladstone).
4. A profane word or phrase; a swearword.
5. Ecclesiastical A censure, ban, or anathema.
6. Slang Menstruation. Used with the.
v. cursed or curst (kūrst), curs·ing, curs·es
v.tr.
1. To invoke evil or misfortune upon; damn.
2. To swear at.
3. To bring evil upon; afflict: was cursed with crippling arthritis.
4. Ecclesiastical To put under a ban or an anathema; excommunicate
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269930 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. Where do you get this stuff?
I get this stuff from you. You said He was part of the diamond which represents the male divinity. How could I ever make this up?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269931 Dec 14, 2012
I've always found it interesting that the commandment says you shall have no other god befoe him--not that there WAS no other god but him. And who gave pharaoh's wizards the power to perform THEIR miracles?
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Those are words written by others who claim those things are what he said. It's hearsay. And in no way refutes my belief, because even THOSE words don't say there aren't other Gods, or invalidate other religions. They just claim the way to his own God.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269932 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it not your job?
He's not my kid. I didn't raise him and teach him our family values and faith.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269933 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, all that plus asking them to take a little time to be sure this is what they really want to do and to fully understand just what a fetus is. Do you think they should make a rushed decision about something that may affect them for the rest of their lives? They so often do.
At the clinic where I volunteer, we take much more than a long time to make sure they want to terminate the pregnancy. They know exactly what is going to happen and what it means. We require that the client tell us, in her own terms, what she expects to happen. Sorry, my friend, you will not find us deficient in our client education and counseling. And, of course, you really don't know that "they so often do" make a rushed decision. How often is often? Where do you get your numbers? Again, just your opinion based upon your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Okey, dokey, dear:-)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269934 Dec 14, 2012
Why is HE confusing the kids? The believer would be just as guilty of doing so.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269935 Dec 14, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we believe 2000 year old hearsay with no archaeological or historical evidence to support such claims?
You should believe whatever you want.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269936 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I get this stuff from you. You said He was part of the diamond which represents the male divinity. How could I ever make this up?
Wow. And it was such a simple analogy that even TomTroll understood it. I should have known you wouldn't get it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269937 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not my kid. I didn't raise him and teach him our family values and faith.
He's not your son too? He's not family? He's not interferring with your daughter's religious education of your grandchildren?

Forget it, Witless. I'm guessing this point will sail right over your empty little head, too.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269938 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've always found it interesting that the commandment says you shall have no other god befoe him--not that there WAS no other god but him. And who gave pharaoh's wizards the power to perform THEIR miracles?
<quoted text>
Good point :)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269939 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She seems to be too stupid to understand that these women likely didn't TELL their families they were going to get an abortion, so that when they started having problems, the family wouldn't have known the cause. And if the doctor who saw them at that point didn't want to ruin the dead woman's reputation, he likely would not say what he knew. He could have told the family other causes. We're talking at least 40 years ago, after all.
Who is stupid to believe that a doctor would be more interested in protecting the reputation of the woman than protecting his own rear from being prosecuted for negligent manslaughter.

The pro choicers on here convinced me that the abortion would have been done by a doctor.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269940 Dec 14, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone of you has seen this and in the event y'all haven't; can we take a moment of pause on this debate and say a prayer for the kids and adults murdered in Connecticut this morning?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...

Thanks!

Some holiday gift the families of the 18 children dead will have!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min No Surprize 1,100,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min JOEL 69,014
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr danetoo 68,381
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Bently 18,880
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 11 hr Sir Samuel 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 hr gcaveman1 46,326
Find all students who are in Hartford Aug 28 Mr Black 1
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••