Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310470 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269931 Dec 14, 2012
I've always found it interesting that the commandment says you shall have no other god befoe him--not that there WAS no other god but him. And who gave pharaoh's wizards the power to perform THEIR miracles?
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Those are words written by others who claim those things are what he said. It's hearsay. And in no way refutes my belief, because even THOSE words don't say there aren't other Gods, or invalidate other religions. They just claim the way to his own God.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269932 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it not your job?
He's not my kid. I didn't raise him and teach him our family values and faith.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269933 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, all that plus asking them to take a little time to be sure this is what they really want to do and to fully understand just what a fetus is. Do you think they should make a rushed decision about something that may affect them for the rest of their lives? They so often do.
At the clinic where I volunteer, we take much more than a long time to make sure they want to terminate the pregnancy. They know exactly what is going to happen and what it means. We require that the client tell us, in her own terms, what she expects to happen. Sorry, my friend, you will not find us deficient in our client education and counseling. And, of course, you really don't know that "they so often do" make a rushed decision. How often is often? Where do you get your numbers? Again, just your opinion based upon your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Okey, dokey, dear:-)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269934 Dec 14, 2012
Why is HE confusing the kids? The believer would be just as guilty of doing so.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. I said that if 'one of my children' turned from Christ, I would tell them they were crazy.
He 'is' young and doesn't understand the 'confusion' he causes in the kid's minds. I never said 'he' was confused and as far as I know, he has always been an atheist so there is nothing to bring him back to. Besides not my job.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269935 Dec 14, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we believe 2000 year old hearsay with no archaeological or historical evidence to support such claims?
You should believe whatever you want.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269936 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I get this stuff from you. You said He was part of the diamond which represents the male divinity. How could I ever make this up?
Wow. And it was such a simple analogy that even TomTroll understood it. I should have known you wouldn't get it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269937 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not my kid. I didn't raise him and teach him our family values and faith.
He's not your son too? He's not family? He's not interferring with your daughter's religious education of your grandchildren?

Forget it, Witless. I'm guessing this point will sail right over your empty little head, too.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269938 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've always found it interesting that the commandment says you shall have no other god befoe him--not that there WAS no other god but him. And who gave pharaoh's wizards the power to perform THEIR miracles?
<quoted text>
Good point :)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269939 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She seems to be too stupid to understand that these women likely didn't TELL their families they were going to get an abortion, so that when they started having problems, the family wouldn't have known the cause. And if the doctor who saw them at that point didn't want to ruin the dead woman's reputation, he likely would not say what he knew. He could have told the family other causes. We're talking at least 40 years ago, after all.
Who is stupid to believe that a doctor would be more interested in protecting the reputation of the woman than protecting his own rear from being prosecuted for negligent manslaughter.

The pro choicers on here convinced me that the abortion would have been done by a doctor.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269940 Dec 14, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone of you has seen this and in the event y'all haven't; can we take a moment of pause on this debate and say a prayer for the kids and adults murdered in Connecticut this morning?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...

Thanks!

Some holiday gift the families of the 18 children dead will have!!!

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269941 Dec 14, 2012
Here's another link to the same story:

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3777-elemen...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269942 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not your son too? He's not family? He's not interferring with your daughter's religious education of your grandchildren?
Forget it, Witless. I'm guessing this point will sail right over your empty little head, too.
I have complete faith that my daughter can handle it. That's her job.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269943 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
True it was the contradiction that was confusing. I have always felt that parents should present a united front to the kids.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269944 Dec 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>At the clinic where I volunteer, we take much more than a long time to make sure they want to terminate the pregnancy. They know exactly what is going to happen and what it means. We require that the client tell us, in her own terms, what she expects to happen. Sorry, my friend, you will not find us deficient in our client education and counseling. And, of course, you really don't know that "they so often do" make a rushed decision. How often is often? Where do you get your numbers? Again, just your opinion based upon your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Okey, dokey, dear:-)
You are unique. Pro choice groups oppose waiting periods for abortions.

Atrisco Village

#269945 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it not your job?
She's a mealy-mouthed one, isn't she? If she was clever, she might be able to twist her way out if these little embarrassments she makes for herself. However, she ain't clever. Lol.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269946 Dec 14, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone of you has seen this and in the event y'all haven't; can we take a moment of pause on this debate and say a prayer for the kids and adults murdered in Connecticut this morning?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...
Thanks!
Some holiday gift the families of the 18 children dead will have!!!
Just awful.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269947 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is stupid to believe that a doctor would be more interested in protecting the reputation of the woman than protecting his own rear from being prosecuted for negligent manslaughter.
The pro choicers on here convinced me that the abortion would have been done by a doctor.
That's not what anyone is saying, and if you'd actually tried to learn something about those times, you'd know this already.

I'll try to dumb it down for you.

These women went in SECRET to have illegal abortions. Sometimes it was a doctor, sometimes it was not.

Since it was secret, many families had NO IDEA the abortion had occurred. So, when something went wrong, the woman would have gone to a different doctor, likely in the ER, to be treated. NOT the one who performed the abortion. Where on earth did you get the idea she would go back to the same one?

THAT doctor, knowing she'd had an illegal abortion, and wanting to spare the family, may have hidden certain things, and not reported them. After all, how would he know WHO to report in the first place? Given the stigma attached, and not knowing who the criminal was, WHY tell the family anything that would cause them even MORE grief?

I don't know if you're capable of understanding this, you seem to dim, but there it is; dumbed down as much as possible.

Atrisco Village

#269948 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are talking about cursing. That wasn't done by the poster.
n.
a. An appeal or prayer for evil or misfortune to befall someone or something.
b. The evil or misfortune that comes in or as if in response to such an appeal: bewailed the curse of ill health.
2. One that is accursed.
3. A source or cause of evil; a scourge: "Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race" (William Ewart Gladstone).
4. A profane word or phrase; a swearword.
5. Ecclesiastical A censure, ban, or anathema.
6. Slang Menstruation. Used with the.
v. cursed or curst (kūrst), curs·ing, curs·es
v.tr.
1. To invoke evil or misfortune upon; damn.
2. To swear at.
3. To bring evil upon; afflict: was cursed with crippling arthritis.
4. Ecclesiastical To put under a ban or an anathema; excommunicate
You don't get to tell anyone what I mean. Only your queen, Lily, the Lily-Livered is bestowed that privilege. Off with you, now, wretched wench!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269949 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have complete faith that my daughter can handle it. That's her job.
Yes, because she is an adult, correct? So you don't interfere, right? And if she left your religion for another, that would also not be your "job" to dictate, right? Just as it was not my mother's job to dictate my own religion to me, right?

Atrisco Village

#269950 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and Dad are probably fine. Grandma's become terribly befuddled but they all love her and take turns making sure she doesn't wander off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min shinningelectr0n 1,274,448
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IB DaMann 54,488
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 hr Norbert of Norview 71,944
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... Wed Culture Auditor 10
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Wed TRD 70,155
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Wed juliaj887 50
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages