Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318257 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269955 Dec 14, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's heartbreaking. So, so tragic.
Scary Elise. Down right scary. I can't even begin to fathom what I'll do if that was to happen at my daughter's school.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269956 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
So, you don't think your child has a right to believe as they choose? Should they just pretend to follow your faith to make you happy?
<quoted text>
This isn't going to happen in my family or it would have by now. We are on the next generation of children who believe in Christ.

If one of my children had decided on another faith or none at all, I would suspect that something was going on in their lives that they were struggling with. I think that if we and they could sort that out, they would find their problem wasn't Christ. Anything can be worked out.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269957 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You should believe whatever you want.
What I believe doesn't own me like your beliefs own your life. I remain open to other ideas or possibilities. You are convinced that you are right even though you have no objective evidence to back you up.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269958 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't going to happen in my family or it would have by now. We are on the next generation of children who believe in Christ.
If one of my children had decided on another faith or none at all, I would suspect that something was going on in their lives that they were struggling with. I think that if we and they could sort that out, they would find their problem wasn't Christ. Anything can be worked out.
What if there was no "problem" except the problem of believing the religion anymore, and finding one a person can believe in?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269959 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because she is an adult, correct? So you don't interfere, right? And if she left your religion for another, that would also not be your "job" to dictate, right? Just as it was not my mother's job to dictate my own religion to me, right?
Even capable adult child can benefit from a little timely advice. Sometimes you have to say, "What the hell are you doing? Let's talk about it."
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269960 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What if there was no "problem" except the problem of believing the religion anymore, and finding one a person can believe in?
I guess, I would pray for them.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269961 Dec 14, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
What I believe doesn't own me like your beliefs own your life. I remain open to other ideas or possibilities. You are convinced that you are right even though you have no objective evidence to back you up.
That's why it is called faith.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269962 Dec 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
If you want to discuss abusing kids, let's talk about the RCC...
<quoted text>
Sure, what do you want to talk about?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269963 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Even capable adult child can benefit from a little timely advice. Sometimes you have to say, "What the hell are you doing? Let's talk about it."
So, you consider calling your adult children "crazy" and fighting tooth and nail to "get them back on track" some "timely advice"?

And if you "talked about it", and they said their minds were made up? What then?

My mother and I DID talk about it. Just because she didn't come to the conclusions that you and Sassy have come to WITHOUT knowing exactly what I believe, and why (things my mother knew), doesn't mean we didn't talk about it. In fact, I specifically said we HAD, many times.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269964 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess, I would pray for them.
Doesn't sound like what you said earlier, does it?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269965 Dec 14, 2012
useless godhores wrote:
Go lick your Jebuses stinking schhlong! You sicko bastids! You stinking corpse eaters! Vampire Jebus blood drinkers!
Is that you, Elise?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269966 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you consider calling your adult children "crazy" and fighting tooth and nail to "get them back on track" some "timely advice"?
And if you "talked about it", and they said their minds were made up? What then?
My mother and I DID talk about it. Just because she didn't come to the conclusions that you and Sassy have come to WITHOUT knowing exactly what I believe, and why (things my mother knew), doesn't mean we didn't talk about it. In fact, I specifically said we HAD, many times.
The 'crazy' was tongue in cheek but you can make a big deal out of it if you want to.

I never said you didn't talk about it.I don't know why you changed religion. Whatever the reason, fine.

We were talking about 'my' family which has no bearing on your's. To each his own. It's America and we are all free to believe what we want and raise our kids as we see fit.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269967 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't sound like what you said earlier, does it?
No you keep changing the senario. but what if---but what fi---but what if.

So, yes eventually I get to where you think you want me to be. So that you can see it as a win for your argument.

I said that I would fight with all the influence I have and ultimately pray.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#269968 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you changed Jesus into one of many minor historical figures. Then I guess you don't believe anything He said about Himself.
For some strange reason, many folks think that Jesus was a sort of “universal guru” who approved of all religions and all persons. He was a peaceful chap with flowers in His hair who never spoke a discouraging word. But when we read the New Testament, we find a totally different picture of Jesus. His most direct words on the subject at hand are recorded in John 14:6,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but through Me.” Notice that Jesus Himself said this, and not merely His followers. Jesus Christ Himself proclaimed that He is the only way to God.
These words tell us several things. For one, Jesus is telling us that He is the way, the only way. He is not saying that He is one among many ways; He is saying that He is the one and only way. Therefore, Jesus Himself rejected the notion that all roads lead to God. There are many false ways, but only one true way. Wherever those other ways lead, they do not lead to God. Moreover, Jesus said that He Himself is the way. He did not say, as Buddha was reported to have said,“Find the way and follow it.” No, Jesus said,“I am the way. Follow me.” In fact, the four Gospels are filled with instances in which Jesus commanded people to follow Him (Mark 1:17, for example). Yet we are only to follow God Himself (I Kings 18:21). We are to follow Jesus for the simple reason that He leads to God and is God Himself.
Who He was and who you say He was doesn't blend.
You say that "Buddha was reported to have said..but, "Jesus said...". But there are only reports that Jesus even existed.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269969 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'crazy' was tongue in cheek but you can make a big deal out of it if you want to.
I never said you didn't talk about it.I don't know why you changed religion. Whatever the reason, fine.
We were talking about 'my' family which has no bearing on your's. To each his own. It's America and we are all free to believe what we want and raise our kids as we see fit.
And yet you butted into a conversation Stupid Sassy and I were having about MY family.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269970 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No you keep changing the senario. but what if---but what fi---but what if.
So, yes eventually I get to where you think you want me to be. So that you can see it as a win for your argument.
I said that I would fight with all the influence I have and ultimately pray.
I didn't change the scenario, I expanded on it. YOU are the one making changes here, to your earlier posts.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269972 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't change the scenario, I expanded on it. YOU are the one making changes here, to your earlier posts.
I had to keep expanding my answers to keep up with your expansions.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269973 Dec 14, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You say that "Buddha was reported to have said..but, "Jesus said...". But there are only reports that Jesus even existed.
Isn't it amazing that those reports of an insignificant man who came to an insignificant end would be the calculas for one of the largest and strongest religions in the world.

It's kinda like a miracle.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269974 Dec 14, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you butted into a conversation Stupid Sassy and I were having about MY family.
That may be true but I never said anything about your choices or your family.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269975 Dec 14, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to keep expanding my answers to keep up with your expansions.
LOL, no. You changed your answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 47 min Teaman 1,616,825
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) 2 hr kdkapitt 21
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Pedro 21,284
News Two Charged In Connection With Bloomfield Murder (Mar '09) Sun Law school gradua... 27
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003
EHHS teachers Oct 10 Disgusted 1
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Oct 10 Prison Pete 17

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages