Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318386 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#269806 Dec 13, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon.... you know Inky can't say she doesn't know something or doesn't have proof. All she's got are her lofty opinions which override any one elses.
And she can always revert to her "Duh, whadduyamean? I don't get it," routine. Blecch, how can a woman deliberately make herself look like a ninny?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269807 Dec 13, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Yep,then they bash the ex and bail...onto the next whom they will promise to love til death do us part..FOREVER AND EVER.
I am not undermining anyone who is in a bad marriage. I understand fully that it could be one of the parties fault(not taking their vows seriously,drug/alcohol issues that destroy the marriage,infidelity,etc). It is a sad life for that person who has a spouse who refuses to make the marriage work by seeking help. I know many wonderful people who have had failed marriages(most had the issue prior to marriage and ignored it).
Bottom line is that people must understand the true meaning of a marriage before they enter it. That is why I think pre-cana classes are awesome to prepare couples for marriage. Many non-religious poo poo that idea but it is a great start to a healthy marriage to learn about communicating and giving of oneself 100% EVERY day.
For sure marriage isn't for the weak and neither is child rearing. Those who aren't prepared or find it too difficult look for excuses rather than do the hard work to keep a family together, if possible. Some marriages can't be saved but many could if they cared to try. People used to get divorced for real unsolvable reasons and now they get divorced because of 'differences'. Who doesn't have differences?

Location hidden

#269808 Dec 13, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Cain, and she's not Abel. In this case, I can say "Am I my [ex-wife's] keeper?"
She's a grown woman, with her own set of proclivities and prejudices. I am not responsible for her in any way, shape or form.
<quoted text>
It may seem that way, but it only seems that way.
<quoted text>
That's just your perception. I can differentiate between hating her, and hate against what she does to my daughter by her inaction. I have no reason to hate anyone the existence of whom I have disavowed.
<quoted text>
I have her raised by nanny's? Who told you that? My wife will not even allow me to have a sitter for her, because of the many risks involved. The only "nanny" my daughter has known, has been her step-sister, who sits for us once in a blue moon, so my wife and I can have some adult time. The remainder of the time, my daughter is either with me, or with my wife.
We all know that sasssylicious makes stuff up.

Location hidden

#269809 Dec 13, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My youngest is 14 (about to be 15 on Christmas) and she can be beyond miserable. Mornings are the worst. Stomping, slamming, crankiness and even horrible crying scenes because her hair isn't just right. The other morning I was shocked because she threw a fit over her hair and f bombed about 8 times. I won't stand for that!
Ugh, right? I never knew how little I know until my son became a teen and generously informed me.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269810 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You make statements as facts about things that you can't possibly prove. I decided to take you to task on it. You decided to take the challenge. That was pretty silly.
All you had to do is admit that you don't have hard numbers to prove how many women regret having an abortion. For all you know, those few testimonials that you read are the total number. I have never claimed or tried to prove any opinion I have given on the subject. I make it quite clear that I know what I know. I don't feel compelled to prove my opinion. I have to document and provide rationales for every action I perform on my job. It's not necessary to do it on Topix, for chrissake:-D
What's your problem? I said some women regret their abortions and offered examples. Rachael's Vineyard ministers to many young women in this situation. Google it if you want to know more, or don't.

Location hidden

#269811 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the big picture.
Have a friend who's 16 year old son was killed. All of the inconveniences associated with raising kids doesn't start to compare with the pain of losing one. People should be grateful for what they have. I will be ever grateful.
So will I. If you only knew what my family's been through. That doesn't detract from the challenges of raising a teenager. Teens are supposed to be a challenge. If they aren't, something's wrong. It's normal human development.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269812 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ugh, right? I never knew how little I know until my son became a teen and generously informed me.
No surprise there.

Location hidden

#269813 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure someone else knew.
How are you sure? Every case, every time? There you go again... Lol

Location hidden

#269814 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, maybe I would be against having kids too if mine acted like that.
Omg. Lol!

Enough said, lol.

Location hidden

#269815 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your problem? I said some women regret their abortions and offered examples. Rachael's Vineyard ministers to many young women in this situation. Google it if you want to know more, or don't.
Lol. Whatever

SMH

“I love Leo”

Since: Dec 12

Love Leotown

#269816 Dec 13, 2012
hamana

Location hidden

#269817 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise there.
You are not a bright woman. Please, go on.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269818 Dec 13, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Because if she did,she wouldn't have said that her Mom did or said the things that she did.
Again,I can try to convince you that I am a McDonalds fanatic but live on Whoppers from Burger King. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I am not even making sense.
I could care LESS what she or her mom did or didn't do. I don't know either. But,if you're going to post something contradicting,then expect a rebuttal. It's not personal.
You're wrong. My mother was both devout, AND accepted me as I am. Both CAN be true. There is nothing contradictory about it just because you're not bright enough to understand it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269819 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Omg. Lol!
Enough said, lol.
I might have had a two year old pull that kind of tamtrum but by 14 they had grown out of it. Besides, growing up on a farm, where everyday could be a matter of life and death, a hair out of place was pretty insignificant.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#269820 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>And she can always revert to her "Duh, whadduyamean? I don't get it," routine. Blecch, how can a woman deliberately make herself look like a ninny?
I swear some of these fools like her, Lynne and No Relevance (okay, okay, Skanky and Knutter too) were conceived via anal sex, because NOBODY is that much of an ass naturally.

Location hidden

#269821 Dec 13, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a danged LIAR, sASSy. What is REALLY very disturbing is how many LIES you have no problem telling about people like me who don't go along with your "motherhood is a blessing, no matter what" arguments. Isn't there some kind of commandment in your church AGAINST lying, also known as "bearing false witness?" I believe there is, making YOU not only a liar, but a danged hypocrite as well.
I have NEVER said my life was "over and worthless since giving birth." YOU made that lie up, for twisted reasons known only to you. I want that known for the record.
Everyone already knows it Ocean, even without you putting it on the record.

The Skank lies. If she's typing, she's lying. Apparently her jesus told her it was okay.

Location hidden

#269822 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I might have had a two year old pull that kind of tamtrum but by 14 they had grown out of it. Besides, growing up on a farm, where everyday could be a matter of life and death, a hair out of place was pretty insignificant.
Sure, whatever you say. Yeehaw.

Location hidden

#269823 Dec 13, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You promote killing preborn babies...
No actually I dont No Relevance. But hey, dont let FACTS stand in the way of your lies, you never do after all.
Now you want to dictate adoption?
Where did I say ANYTHING even REMOTELY that could be construed as "dictating adoption"?

YOU made a moronic comment about how many couples (men and women) want to adopt.

I responded FACTUALLY, LET THEM. There are LITERALLY thousands of children WISHING some of these people would adopt them.

I also responded FACTUALLY that MANY that DONT adopt, want only white, healthy infants.

Nobody is stopping them from adopting. Hell, of your suck buddies Skanky, Lynne, Knutter - not ONE has adopted. Big talk from little freaks that likely wouldn't be ALLOWED to adopt THANKFULLY.

Location hidden

#269824 Dec 13, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise: It's real to the psychologically imbalanced person that is afflicted with it.
________
What's it called when a mother doesn't want to be inconvenienced with a baby girl in her womb for 9 months, so she pays a glorified hitman to dismember, squish the beating heart, & crush her daughter's skull?...Then the mother of the dead baby makes it her life's mission to promote more mothers executing their babies in utero?
What's that psychologically imbalanced person afflicted with?
What's it called? FICTION.

What's the psychologically imbalanced person that makes up fictional shit like that about others afflicted with?

I dont know, but I really wish you'd get the mental help you need, because your lying bullshit is old.

Location hidden

#269825 Dec 13, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocean56, you aren't a feminist. You are a feminutcase.
And you're not a man OR a christian. You're a pathetic and miserable little twit with WAY too much time on your hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min CodeTalker 1,621,004
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 64,005
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr hillary 21,294
Big whole house tag sale Wethersfield 10/28 Oct 20 Andrew1984 1
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) Oct 18 Desert Toad 4
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) Oct 17 Thomas Archer 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Oct 16 kdkapitt 21

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages