Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311600 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269718 Dec 13, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps your children saw that your religion is based on the distortion of "pagan" traditions.
They don't see it that way.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269719 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We were talking about before abortion was legalized. Thanks to RvW, women don't have to hide and endanger their lives, and there is legal recourse against medical malpractice against abortion providers. Thank you for helping make that point. Well done!
How does your comment relate to reporting of whether or not abortion deaths were reported?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269720 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares? I was teasing the girl. Relax, mujer:-)
No, it was just your cute way of trying to slam Christians again.

When you get caught---'just kidding'

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269721 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank God I haven't had to deal with this problem. My kids all believe in one God and He is important to them. They are all raising their children to believe in God too, so I guess we are a family of "bigots".
Your religion doesn't make you a bigot. Your prejudice does.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269722 Dec 13, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting that most of you proabort pagans end up having bad marriages, ex-marriages or no marriages and just screw and end up haitng your kids like "I AM NOT A WOMAN" Ocean.
Actually, what's even more interesting is how you fundies find it necessary to stay in bad, loveless marriages, because some dumb-ass 2000 years ago said that marriage is "for better or for worse," but didn't define what's "better" and what's "worse."

Care to partake of the same table as us "pagans" (as your Jeebus did) and enlighten us on the concept of "for better or for worse[?]"
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269723 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes they learn stuff when they leave Mommy's bosom. Gosh, ya think? Lol. Sincerely, I hope your family is happy, no matter what spiritual path they choose.
Namaste
Yes they do and that's why they need a strong foundation of morals and values to fall back on. It gives them a conscience which enables them to know when they are on the wrong path.

Thanks for your good wishes and same to you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269724 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagans reject the premise that there is only one true God or are you a different kind of pagan?
Apparently you are unaware that there ARE many different varieties of Paganism. Paganism is not a religion itself, it is an umbrella term.

Wicca acknowledges that there is one Divine source, but that this source is seen differently by people. Wasn't it you, just a week or two ago, that I gave the diamond analogy?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269725 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. Why does Lily have so much invested in your story? I wonder if she's been a not-so-loved ex-wife herself.
C'mon Elise; you know Lynne D's (a.k.a Lily) story about how she was an abused woman, who miscarried twins in a toilet because her boyfriend beat the crap out of her.

She's had a corn cob up her anus against me ever since I made that comment about woman who stay in abusive relationships. She was posting as Persevere then.

Remember?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269726 Dec 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion doesn't make you a bigot. Your prejudice does.
I have a right in this country to accept or decline any religion. That doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me American.

If I choose a green sweater over a red one, does that make me bigoted or prejudice against red?
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269727 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what the 613 Jewish laws are. God bless you if you do.
Ignorance is your best friend.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269728 Dec 13, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are unaware that there ARE many different varieties of Paganism. Paganism is not a religion itself, it is an umbrella term.
Wicca acknowledges that there is one Divine source, but that this source is seen differently by people. Wasn't it you, just a week or two ago, that I gave the diamond analogy?
No it wasn't me.

Does your form of paganism accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? If not you threw away Christ with the RCC.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269729 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they were doctors for the most part, providing illegal abortions that were killing women, so why not list the cause of death?
Actually, I think they were doctors. Doctors who engaged in illegal practices, who quite plausibly had very lucrative practices, and who did not want to risk losing their license over an illegal procedure that went bad. And that's why the cause of death wasn't listed.

Which proves a point; abortion has existed before it was legal, and will exist even if it is made illegal at any point in time.

Luckily for us, the latter is, more likely than not, to not happen.
Ocean56

AOL

#269730 Dec 13, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
Ocean56, you aren't a feminist. You are a feminutcase.
Says a regressive, religionist anti-choice LOSER. Hardly something for me to worry about.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269731 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagans reject the premise that there is only one true God or are you a different kind of pagan?
You must think that every "pagan" (IE: non-christian or non-catholic) thinks the exact same thing. Try thinking outside your narrow minded POV, for once in your miserable life.
Ocean56

AOL

#269732 Dec 13, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Actually, what's even more interesting is how you fundies find it necessary to stay in bad, loveless marriages, because some dumb-ass 2000 years ago said that marriage is "for better or for worse," but didn't define what's "better" and what's "worse."
No joke! I know what would be worse for ME; being married to a regressive, male religionist NUTCASE like TomTom. The guy is hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least two centuries if not even more.

I shudder to think what his backward views on women are at this point, and I feel sorry for ANY woman unlucky enough to be his girlfriend or wife. Thankfully, putting up with a nutcase like Tomtom on a daily basis isn't MY problem to deal with.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269733 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a right in this country to accept or decline any religion. That doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me American.
If I choose a green sweater over a red one, does that make me bigoted or prejudice against red?
Of course you have that right. So do your children. I never said your choice made you a bigot. Your prejudging different religions without any real knowledge of them, and then insulting based upon those prejudgments, are what make you a bigot.

If you really perceive choosing a religion as trivial as choosing a color of sweater, then why would you object to your children choosing a different religion than yours?

Are you really this stupid? Nevermind, don't answer that, I already know.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269734 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't me.
Does your form of paganism accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? If not you threw away Christ with the RCC.
Okay. If Deity was a giant, multifaceted diamond, with 20 people in a circle around it, they wouldn't be able to see it all. They would each be looking at a different facet, so they would each perceive it differently, each facet having different flaws or colors depending upon the light coming through it. Yet, they'd all still be looking at the same gem.

My religion accepts that Jesus is simply one aspect of the male face of Deity, another of the many sacrificed Gods throughout history.

No, I didn't not throw him away, I just worship a different aspect of the same Divine source.

My rejection was of the RCC only.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269735 Dec 13, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No joke! I know what would be worse for ME; being married to a regressive, male religionist NUTCASE like TomTom. The guy is hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least two centuries if not even more.
I shudder to think what his backward views on women are at this point, and I feel sorry for ANY woman unlucky enough to be his girlfriend or wife. Thankfully, putting up with a nutcase like Tomtom on a daily basis isn't MY problem to deal with.
Maybe he's married to an Amish girl, or two.:)
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269736 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Her children are adults. She isn't going to guide her children anywhere, anymore. She's suffering from delusions of grandeur.
I have adult and young children.

You are sadly mistaken if you think *because* they are adults that I don't guide them. Parenting isn't over when the child turns 18yrs old. It is a lifelong job.

Interestingly,I have learned so much from my adults children. They have strong values,they stay true to who they are/and those values/beliefs and THEY lead by example. I am quite impressed many times as to how much I get from them.

I will always be there for them and they know that I will always pray for them. They come to me daily for advice,or just to talk. Thank God I never lost that communication and bond with them :).

I feel very blessed that we are so close. I know many friends who's kids want nothing to do with them from the time they were teenagers. I find that so disheartening.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269737 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't me.
Your statement shows that you don't even know what the modern word, Pagan, means. Sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,417,569
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Serratus Anterior 61,011
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,938
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Theresa head gibbons 20,479
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 HCourantsub 1
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
News Gay Marriage (Mar '09) Aug 20 newsb 482

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages