Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311342 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#269535 Dec 12, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>What Ocean fails to understand is that proabort men are not loving men who support the girl who they got pregnant(and her choices/wishes). They are selfish men who use the girl for sex and don't want anything to do with her OR the child that they've helped created.
There are MANY young girls who are pressured to abort. NOBODY seems to care about those girls(and they are MANY MANY more than anybody would like to believe). They are vulnerable,scared and easy prey to a proabort who doesn't care to help her other than convince her to kill her child.
It is a total disgrace that this goes on. The poor girl ends up physically,emotionally,and mentally scarred for the rest of her life and NOBODY that is proabort,cares.
MANY... MANY MANY. Prove it, please. Hard facts, numbers, statistics from an unbiased source, please.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269536 Dec 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty narrow. There is only one God who gave His only Son for the sake of all mankind.
I said narrow-minded.

Location hidden

#269537 Dec 12, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """"I exchanged hers for mine. Just as I took my first husband's wedding band, and placed my own on his finger, when he died. I'm sorry you don't understand it, but that's not my problem""" """"" """"" """"" ""
Don't let cpeter hear you say this. He thinks that your mom is nothing more than dead flesh and medical waste.
He might think that you are crazy. After all,it's not your mom there in the casket according to him. She no longer exists.
Just sayin...
You really are a shit-stirrer, lady. Is that what your Jesus would do?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269538 Dec 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That sasssy chick is so ridiculous. What would she do if her adult child decided not to follow the family faith, shun her? People make their own choices. Period.
I have no doubt that she would shun her own child in that case.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269539 Dec 12, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That body was dead flesh, and not my mother at all. Everything that made my mother a person was gone.
Cpeter said nothing at all against keeping momentos. Why do you dishonestly imply that he did?
AGAIN,"if" you had known your rejected RC faith,and "if" you'd have respected your mothers,you'd understand that her body was a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Her body is put in a casket,and properly buried in a Catholic funeral service because of that reason.

"""not my mother at all"

Then why did you feel the need to replace her rosary with yours? Or exchange rings with your husband? SOMETHING about that "dead flesh" or "medical waste(as respectfully as Cpeter refers to the deceased)" led you to an emotional farewell. Of COURSE that body is part of your mother. It housed not only the Holy Spirit but HER soul as well.

You people are so heartless.

I remember back when my mom had to have a hysterotomy(sp?). She was saddened to see her uterus be thrown out because THAT is where she housed her beloved children during the first 9 months of their lives and where her body nourished theirs. I know people who had the surgeries too and they felt saddened to have such a finale to their childbearing even though they didn't plan on any more children.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#269540 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Ocean56 has a mullet & plays women's softball.
Oh look, the 12 year old eunich is back. LOL
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269541 Dec 12, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows no such thing. Your baseless speculations show much about you, however.
Again, my mother understood that my rejection was merely for the RCC. That's BECAUSE she did take the time to ask about what exactly I believe and why. That is something a narrow-minded bigot like yourself could never do.
You rejected more than the RCC by becomming a pagan.

I think you are a very confused person.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269542 Dec 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>MANY... MANY MANY. Prove it, please. Hard facts, numbers, statistics from an unbiased source, please.
Google is your friend.

Go visit a crisis pregnancy center or go to an abortion clinic and actually HEAR why the girl is crying.

See,THIS is what I am talking about. You people are so clueless and ignorant.

Location hidden

#269543 Dec 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And often remains with the same scumbag. That is my biggest complaint with PP. Their 'services' make it easy for these predators to continue their abuse of young women and girls.
lol. How silly you are, Ink. So histrionic!.... and you're actually serious. Keep up the good work.

Location hidden

#269544 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The CDC reports 39 women died from illegal abortions in U.S. the year PRIOR TO Roe v. Wade......
The CDC would have little or NO idea how many died of "illegal abortion" since by definition, ILLEGAL abortions were not reported to begin with No Relevance, you MORON.

NO women have died of illegal abortion in the US in decades thanks to laws that allow them to have SAFE and LEGAL abortions.

Location hidden

#269545 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
Correction: 4,000 preborn babies are executed daily in U.S.(2.3 million per year).
Correction that's actually factual:

NO babies are executed in the US EVER.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269546 Dec 12, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
"You've REJECTED your mothers example."

No.

"You've REJECTED what your Mother believed in,was devout in,and led by supposed example."

No.

"Either your lying about her being devout/practicing OR what I just said is true."

Neither. There is middle ground, but I don't expect an extremist like you to see that.

"You do have a habit of distorting truth."

I do not.

"You can't even be honest with your abortion stance."

I have been completely honest about my stance. What you want to pretend my stance is, is not my responsibility.

"May your moms soul rest in peace."

I have no doubt it does. She was a wonderful person.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269547 Dec 12, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said narrow-minded.
It is a narrow mined religion in it's belief and I told you what that belief is. You don't seem to know that there is no acceptance of other gods in Catholicism.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269548 Dec 12, 2012
minded

Location hidden

#269549 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tears for the Jews of the Holocaust are fake. You support the assult & holocaust on preborn Jews today. You old fool.
You support lying for jesus. You are just a fool.

Nobody here, not one single person, supports ANY assults or holocausts at all. The Jewish Holocaust ended in 1945, there hasn't been one since thank G-d.

Your anti-semetic lies and hyperbolic rhetoric are noted and dismissed as coming from the complete waste of DNA known as No Relevance.

Location hidden

#269550 Dec 12, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with having one child. THAT is not what is being translated into hating motherhood. READ her posts. She bashes women who have more than one. She gives the impression that life is OVER for a woman who has even ONE child. She shows such distaste for women who choose to stay at home and raise their children. She has contempt for Catholics who choose to have children insinuating that they are FORCED to by their church.
I am not the judgemental one. SHE is. I am pointing that out.
Pay attention for once. I'm sure you haven't read her LONGGGGG REPETITIVE posts everyyyyyyyy time she posts them. I know,I know,it gets old. But,if you want to comment on it,at least know what I am referring to.
kthanks.
Oh, honey, you most certainly very judgemental and either in denial about it or a hypocrite. Shouldn't you be at least trying to emulate your savior? You people don't even put a half-hearted effort into it. Tsk, tsk

Location hidden

#269551 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Nazi against Jewish babies.
You are a jackass for jesus, and a MUCH better nazi than anyone here.

Location hidden

#269552 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Grumpy: "in my previous post I meant to post that..."
You don't know what you mean. You old, evil fool
No Relevance, YOU are the only "evil fool" here. You seem to think that attacking good men like Grumpy because he has EVERYTHING you lack (age, wisdom, sense, a family and a woman that loves him, people that respect him etc...) makes you look like a 'big man' when ALL it does is make you look like the pathetic little fool everyone knows you are.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269553 Dec 12, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Ocean has been quite clear about her feelings on motherhood. She (in her own words) HATED pregnancy. She refused to have any more children. She is happy to have remained childfree for nearly 20 yrs. Her posts speak VOLUMES(from anyones perspective ESPECIALLY another mothers)about how she feels about mothering.

She has been,for years now,repeating over and over,how much of a NEGATIVE experience having a child is. She has also bashed those who choose to have more than one as "if" they are forced. How disrespectful and arrogant to think that having many children is a negative experience and that it must be FORCED on a woman.

If that sounds like your ex,then I have a few words for you. You CHOSE to marry this crazy B. You claimed to not have loved her. You then were using her for sex. It is YOUR fault that this woman got pregnant. So,I'm sorry to say,it is YOUR fault that your daughter had to suffer having a mother like that. Besides,you barely saw her while she was growing up. WHO'S fault is that?

Do yourself a favor next time,will ya? Stop trying to shed negative lights on your ex. YOU are the one who looks bad,not her.
With as much as you lie dweeb, I have to dismiss 90% of your post as nothing more than a blatant lie.

And here's my proof of your lies; before I won custody of my daughter, she lived with her mother for 3 years. In that time I cancelled on my visitation ONCE! And that because I was in bed, sick with the flu. The one who gave up her rights to visitation for 5 months, was my ex-wife.

And, if it is my fault that my daughter has a mother like that, I have more than redeemed myself by getting her out of her grasp.

The reasons why I married her are none of your business. Whether I loved her is also none of your business. But, I can tell you that Ocean is 100% correct in what she says a woman gives up to be a mother. Because my wife, who's not my daughter's birth mother, and who already raised her kids, has given up more than my ex-wife will ever give up, for my daughter. I have given up a lot as well. And, at my age, I would cut my dick off if not doing so would mean having to raise another kid.

And you can certainly quite me on that. If you don't like my attitude, I certainly won't lose a wink of sleep over it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269554 Dec 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That sasssy chick is so ridiculous. What would she do if her adult child decided not to follow the family faith, shun her? People make their own choices. Period.
I would NEVER shun my child. No matter what they did.

As per example of my Mom and Dad,I've learned by example,that God is all powerful and that "all is possible with God". They remained faithful,prayerful and obiedent to their God. They trusted him. They raised alot of children. They loved their family unconditionally.

I am the same with my children. I feel blessed by God to have had the honor of mothering. I believe that we all belong to God. I was chosen to be the mother of them and with that came GREAT responsibility to teach them by example AND then words.

My parents,as am I,were very fun people. We had a very loving,fun home. God was our center. My parents were laid back and easy to talk to. When I had a question about ANYTHING,I was talked to. We weren't just told "because I said so". My parents did't put themselves on a higher level before God and that showed. Although,they had GREAT responsibilities to raise us to love and honor God. They did that.

If one of us strayed,they would okay it. They would pray and then instruct. That's the whole point here. People are sinners. We don't always follow the right paths but through pray(we believe)we will be led back but NEVER,EVER at any time,did my parents condone our bad or negative behavior.

Nor would I ever do that to my children. I believe wholeheartedly,in the power of prayer and I pray to have the Holy Spirit guide ME in teaching them and correcting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min leosnana 1,395,324
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr 2all 60,098
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 hr TRD 70,727
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages