Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
253,061 - 253,080 of 305,178 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Nope; never had less than an A in any science course.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed junior high biology. Didn't you, imbecile.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

It's a cute idea, but you asked about science, not hallmark
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
A unique, distinct human being begins at conception. All the rest of your gobbledygook is just moronese.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

What's a deathscort--a shorts/skirt combination that embarasses you to death?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foochie: Neither of us "promote killing baby" ANYTHING.
You're a deathscort.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
A unique, distinct human being begins at conception. All the rest of your gobbledygook is just moronese.
Actually that "gobbledygook" is scientific fact.

**pat pat** I know, you and facts dont get on well No Relevance.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your Merriam Webster says OR UNBORN OFFSPRING. So there ya go. There does not have to be a developing fetus in the uterus. Unborn alive or unborn dead she's still pregnant.
nice effort but as we all know and as was discussed and agreed in here incessantly, a dead fetus is merely dead tissue aka medical waste and is no one's "offspring", just as the corpse of cpeter's mother as he correctly explained, is not his mother.

now are you going to stop spinning your wheels and provide a definition that proves me wrong? i've given you much more time than you deserve.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
You're not only a diehard proabort, but you are anti-womanhood & anti-motherhood to boot.
You're not a feminist at all. Reading between the lines, you wish you were born w/ a penis.
Sure I'm a feminist, NoRelevance, one who believes that motherhood is an OPTION, not a requirement, of womanhood. If a woman decides to reject motherhood because she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities that motherhood involves, that's HER decision, and none of YOUR bleeping business. The same is true of men who don't want to be fathers.

Bottom line; it's none of your business, nor that of anti-choice churches or religions, if women and men choose NOT to have children. The choice to be childfree is as valid and responsible as the decision to be a parent. Whether YOU approve of the childfree choice or not is irrelevant.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
It's not the truth. It is her victimized idea of it. Obviously she can't handle motherhood and anything else but she is in error to think other women can't either. She is also in error to think that all women resent their babies because they come first with a lot of demands.
Oh, I've handled motherhood just fine, inky, contrary to what regressive anti-choice idiots like YOU prefer to believe. I've really enjoyed being a done after ONE mom, chiefly because I've always been in charge of my OWN reproductive processes.

Furthermore, I have never said that "ALL women resent their babies," and I've never resented mine either. However, I have come across many stories of women who DO regret the fact that they became mothers, mostly due to PRESSURE from family and/or religious community to do so. Many of these women were NOT told exactly how HARD motherhood is, and they said if they HAD known, they would have done everything in their power to AVOID pregnancy. Sad stories like that are what too often happens when girls/women make the decision to be a mother in ignorance rather than making an INFORMED decision.

When a woman really loves and wants children no matter what the hardships and responsibilities of motherhood are, that's a very good reason to have kids. When a woman has children because she is PRESSURED to have them, even if she was undecided or unwilling to have them, that's NOT a good reason to have them. Even in the 21st century, there are still many regressive idiots who think that the ONLY valid occupation for women is motherhood. That is so NOT true.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I hear the Chinese are going to be importing cheap knock off fetuses.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Have you seen any of these teen pregnanc shows, where they make motherhood souns so cozy and inviting?
Actually, I've seen quite a few segments of MTV's "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom" shows. From all I have seen, I have to say NEITHER of those shows make teen pregnancy and teen motherhood cozy and inviting. Quite the contrary, in fact.

I think "16 and Pregnant" does a great job of detailing exactly how HARD these girls' lives have become after getting pregnant, especially if they decide to keep and raise the baby. At the end of every show I have seen, each girl has said that if she had known how HARD motherhood would be, she would have done all she could to PREVENT getting pregnant, including NOT having the sex that got her pregnant in the first place.

These girls did NOT enjoy being teen mothers at all, and I certainly don't blame them. I would have been absolutely miserable if I'd become a mother in my teens and twenties, which is why I made sure I didn't.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

TomTom wrote:
One day they will dig up your basement and find your husband and child. You are a full blown loon. You constatnly like to tell people how you hate pregnancy, hate being a mother and hate men in general and "their" religions.
You are not a feminist just a chick who is pissed she wasn't born a man. Hell you have more balls than kathy.
Motherhood is natural and fulfilling for women. You are not natural. You forget that most mothers, unlike you, get more out of their children than all the "problems" you mention. It may be why you are such a miserablre human being.
Children are the gretest joy of life. What you tell children will cause most of them to commit sucicide.
Christ Lady, find a life.
Awwwwwwww, you're still pissed that I have no problem saying just how HARD motherhood is, so girls/women can make an INFORMED decision about motherhood rather than making it in ignorance. Too bad. Contrary to what regressive anti-choice idiots like you want everyone to believe, motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required. That means a woman can cheerfully reject motherhood if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves.

So I'll go on stating how HARD motherhood is all I want. Whether YOU like or approve of my doing so is irrelevant. As are you.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:

HARDSHIP #1 - LOSS OF FREEDOM - Having a baby really does change everything, including the freedom that girls and women used to have in abundance. Once the baby arrives, that freedom will be gone, for at least the next five or six years and possibly longer. Teen girls and young women who become moms can forget about going out with friends, whether to the movies, to hang out at their favorite restaurant or coffee shop, or anywhere else for that matter. If they do go out, theyíll have to take the baby with them if their parents refuse to babysit. If the baby is sick or very cranky for any number of reasons, girls will end up staying home instead of going out. Girls who are still in middle or high school will find it much harder to do their homework assignments or study for exams when they have to care for a baby as well. It will be a very long time before girls get any of their former freedom back.

HARDSHIP #2 - LOSS OF SLEEP - The first thing girls and women have to know about motherhood is that newborn babies do NOT sleep eight hours a night. All mothers, myself included, can honestly say that babies can Ė and do Ė wake up during the night as many as two or three times. Each time the baby wakes up, mom has to get up with the baby, feed the baby, change the babyís diaper (which could be a messy one), and then get the baby back to sleep. When my son was a newborn baby, there were nights where I got NO sleep whatsoever. Luckily for me, I had completed high school and post-high school education long before that, so I didnít have to get up at 5:00am to go to school after having almost no sleep. Those who are teen moms will not be so lucky.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

HARDSHIP #3 - LOSS OF MONEY - Whatever money a girl/woman used to spend on herself will have to be spent on the baby, and that cost is far more than most girls could begin to anticipate. These costs include diapers, food, clothing, baby equipment (car seat, crib, stroller, baby carriers, baby and child toys, etc.) and so much more. Anyone who wants to do the math can begin their research by going to their local grocery store and checking out the baby food and diaper sections. Just make sure you have a notebook and calculator, because you will need to multiply those costs for each item several times per week. Thatís just for food and diapers, you havenít even started on the costs for clothing, baby equipment and toys. That will add a staggering amount to your calculations, and the sum will be far higher than you could imagine. If you plan to put the baby in day care for any amount of time during the week, you will have to add up those costs too. Get the picture now? Having a baby costs a HUGE amount of money, which many girls and young women simply do not have, unless they have wealthy parents.

HARDSHIP #4 - LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

MORE hardships of motherhood that girls/women need to know BEFORE getting pregnant include:

HARDSHIP #5 - LOSS OF MOBILITY - Those who donít have children have a rather naÔve idea that parents can just as easily take a baby with them whenever they go out. They are half right. Yes, parents can take a baby out with them, but it is far from easy. Even going to the grocery store with a baby can be a huge hassle. First they have to get the baby dressed, which can be difficult when the little one is happy being home and doesnít want to be dressed to go out. After getting baby dressed, which can take much longer than mom expected, mom then has to put baby into the car seat, get baby out of the car seat when she arrives at the store, then carry baby around until she can find a cart with an infant carrier. Most grocery stores have very few of those, as I personally discovered long ago. Some may not have any. Going to a restaurant with a baby can also be very stressful, especially if baby suddenly begins crying or screaming for unknown reasons. Mothers who walk into restaurants with screaming or crying babies will find themselves the object of hostile stares, which usually last until they finally have to leave.

HARDSHIP #6 - LOSS OF PRIVATE TIME - When a baby arrives, a mom will quickly find that she doesnít have privacy any more. If she used to read books for hours with few or no interruptions, that will no longer be an option for her. If she is a teen mom who needs quiet time to complete her homework assignments or study for important final exams, that wonít be possible either. A baby will demand her attention many times during the day, so she wonít have private time for doing the things she enjoys or needs to complete.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

HARDSHIP #7 - DEALING WITH COLIC - For girls/women who are unaware, colic is a long period of crying, screaming and shrieking that can last for many hours a day, and even all night. It can begin when the baby is as young as three weeks old, and it can go on until the baby is five months old. My son had colic for almost two months as an infant. For me, it seemed more like two years. During that time, the crying usually began in the early evening and would last until past midnight. I walked around the small apartment, carrying him in my arms for hours trying to comfort him, but nothing I did really worked. He wouldnít eat, and he most certainly didnít sleep, and I was a wreck as a result. Being deprived of sleep, with a colicky baby on top of that, can really feel like torture for a mom after a while. I was no exception.

In summary, there is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
HARDSHIP #7 - DEALING WITH COLIC - For girls/women who are unaware, colic is a long period of crying, screaming and shrieking that can last for many hours a day, and even all night. It can begin when the baby is as young as three weeks old, and it can go on until the baby is five months old. My son had colic for almost two months as an infant. For me, it seemed more like two years. During that time, the crying usually began in the early evening and would last until past midnight. I walked around the small apartment, carrying him in my arms for hours trying to comfort him, but nothing I did really worked. He wouldnít eat, and he most certainly didnít sleep, and I was a wreck as a result. Being deprived of sleep, with a colicky baby on top of that, can really feel like torture for a mom after a while. I was no exception.
In summary, there is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
You are a wimp.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
When I wade through the mumbo jumbo I think you agree with the other poster that those who find themselves in family court are a result of women not knowing how much is expected of parenthood.
It can also be said that those who find themselves in family court a result of women not knowing that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not a requirement. Too many girls/women are still PRESSURED to have children by regressive anti-choice idiots, even if they were undecided about or unwilling to have them.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boo! PALEEEASE!!
Give me a break, I'm doing the 'mother' thing, and what you mentioned is short term! And everything on your list, makes the love of my children, and the love I feel for them worth it! Spare me!
1. Freedom? hahahah you lose that with marriage!
2. Sleep? Coffee
3. Money? So you can't have that $3000 dollar purse you fell in love with. Buy the $40 dollar one, and f*ck the Jones's.
4. Education? Got mine
5. Loss of mobility? Buy a baby care seat.
6. Loss of private time? Not just a baby/child does that.
7. Colic? If the baby is fed, dry, comfortable, and you can't take the crying even though you've snuggled them for a while, put them in the crib and walk away. Close the door, put the t.v. on louder to drown out the crying, take the break, and come back when you can do it again. I've never heard of a well taken care of baby that has cried themselves to death.
Short term Ocean! Short term. And the good times with your baby/child FAR OUT WEIGH the bad (imo)
The time of my being able to have children are coming to a close, and I thank God I chose to have them. I can't imagine my life without them.
If a woman chooses not to have them, she won't have known the 'other' choice, and are probably as happy as I am.
So in short,, damned if you do and damned if you don't?
I'm guessing Ocean is referring to single mothers.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
You are a wimp.
So you want to BELIEVE, Knutter. Knock yourself out.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
I'm guessing Ocean is referring to single mothers.
I'm including single mothers, of course, but it applies to many married mothers as well.:-)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are wrong and selfish, her funeral has nothing to do with you being an atheist, you put yourself before your mother.
He said his mother would not have cared. You don't know what her wishes were.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,083,435
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min SpaceBlues 45,881
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 31 min Muhammad 18,590
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr scirocco 68,436
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Help Please doNATE 68,055
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) 15 hr Cassie 22
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) Tue Ron Wells 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search