Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#269437 Dec 12, 2012
MORE hardships of motherhood that girls/women need to know BEFORE getting pregnant include:

HARDSHIP #5 - LOSS OF MOBILITY - Those who don’t have children have a rather naïve idea that parents can just as easily take a baby with them whenever they go out. They are half right. Yes, parents can take a baby out with them, but it is far from easy. Even going to the grocery store with a baby can be a huge hassle. First they have to get the baby dressed, which can be difficult when the little one is happy being home and doesn’t want to be dressed to go out. After getting baby dressed, which can take much longer than mom expected, mom then has to put baby into the car seat, get baby out of the car seat when she arrives at the store, then carry baby around until she can find a cart with an infant carrier. Most grocery stores have very few of those, as I personally discovered long ago. Some may not have any. Going to a restaurant with a baby can also be very stressful, especially if baby suddenly begins crying or screaming for unknown reasons. Mothers who walk into restaurants with screaming or crying babies will find themselves the object of hostile stares, which usually last until they finally have to leave.

HARDSHIP #6 - LOSS OF PRIVATE TIME - When a baby arrives, a mom will quickly find that she doesn’t have privacy any more. If she used to read books for hours with few or no interruptions, that will no longer be an option for her. If she is a teen mom who needs quiet time to complete her homework assignments or study for important final exams, that won’t be possible either. A baby will demand her attention many times during the day, so she won’t have private time for doing the things she enjoys or needs to complete.
Ocean56

AOL

#269438 Dec 12, 2012
HARDSHIP #7 - DEALING WITH COLIC - For girls/women who are unaware, colic is a long period of crying, screaming and shrieking that can last for many hours a day, and even all night. It can begin when the baby is as young as three weeks old, and it can go on until the baby is five months old. My son had colic for almost two months as an infant. For me, it seemed more like two years. During that time, the crying usually began in the early evening and would last until past midnight. I walked around the small apartment, carrying him in my arms for hours trying to comfort him, but nothing I did really worked. He wouldn’t eat, and he most certainly didn’t sleep, and I was a wreck as a result. Being deprived of sleep, with a colicky baby on top of that, can really feel like torture for a mom after a while. I was no exception.

In summary, there is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girl’s/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
HuskerDu

United States

#269439 Dec 12, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
HARDSHIP #7 - DEALING WITH COLIC - For girls/women who are unaware, colic is a long period of crying, screaming and shrieking that can last for many hours a day, and even all night. It can begin when the baby is as young as three weeks old, and it can go on until the baby is five months old. My son had colic for almost two months as an infant. For me, it seemed more like two years. During that time, the crying usually began in the early evening and would last until past midnight. I walked around the small apartment, carrying him in my arms for hours trying to comfort him, but nothing I did really worked. He wouldn’t eat, and he most certainly didn’t sleep, and I was a wreck as a result. Being deprived of sleep, with a colicky baby on top of that, can really feel like torture for a mom after a while. I was no exception.
In summary, there is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girl’s/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
You are a wimp.
Ocean56

AOL

#269440 Dec 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
When I wade through the mumbo jumbo I think you agree with the other poster that those who find themselves in family court are a result of women not knowing how much is expected of parenthood.
It can also be said that those who find themselves in family court a result of women not knowing that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not a requirement. Too many girls/women are still PRESSURED to have children by regressive anti-choice idiots, even if they were undecided about or unwilling to have them.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#269441 Dec 12, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boo! PALEEEASE!!
Give me a break, I'm doing the 'mother' thing, and what you mentioned is short term! And everything on your list, makes the love of my children, and the love I feel for them worth it! Spare me!
1. Freedom? hahahah you lose that with marriage!
2. Sleep? Coffee
3. Money? So you can't have that $3000 dollar purse you fell in love with. Buy the $40 dollar one, and f*ck the Jones's.
4. Education? Got mine
5. Loss of mobility? Buy a baby care seat.
6. Loss of private time? Not just a baby/child does that.
7. Colic? If the baby is fed, dry, comfortable, and you can't take the crying even though you've snuggled them for a while, put them in the crib and walk away. Close the door, put the t.v. on louder to drown out the crying, take the break, and come back when you can do it again. I've never heard of a well taken care of baby that has cried themselves to death.
Short term Ocean! Short term. And the good times with your baby/child FAR OUT WEIGH the bad (imo)
The time of my being able to have children are coming to a close, and I thank God I chose to have them. I can't imagine my life without them.
If a woman chooses not to have them, she won't have known the 'other' choice, and are probably as happy as I am.
So in short,, damned if you do and damned if you don't?
I'm guessing Ocean is referring to single mothers.
Ocean56

AOL

#269442 Dec 12, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
You are a wimp.
So you want to BELIEVE, Knutter. Knock yourself out.
Ocean56

AOL

#269443 Dec 12, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
I'm guessing Ocean is referring to single mothers.
I'm including single mothers, of course, but it applies to many married mothers as well.:-)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#269444 Dec 12, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are wrong and selfish, her funeral has nothing to do with you being an atheist, you put yourself before your mother.
He said his mother would not have cared. You don't know what her wishes were.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269446 Dec 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is clear. Follow the rules in Leviticus that you agree with and don't follow the others.
Isn't that what Christians do? Take the 613 Jewish laws and pick and choose which ones they want to use to condemn others with?
HuskerDu

United States

#269447 Dec 12, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had children, you can't do what I did, you are a spineless lazy old hag.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269448 Dec 12, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be to hard on the old grummpster. He is the only real jew on this thing. He is also an exreme Zionist and a virulent hater of Christians and especially Catholics.
Any Christian or Catholic who sh*ts and pisses on the very bible they preach, especially like you, no relevance, and knutter, deserve being hated as much as Arabs hate Jews, or as much as you hate "pagans."

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269449 Dec 12, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you! It almsot sounded like a veiled threat. You never know with these proabort pagans.
"You never know with these proabort pagans." TomTom 3:16
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#269450 Dec 12, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Jew who supports the > 1 million baby Jews executed in utero in America since 1973.
Start there.
You support killing pregnant women.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269451 Dec 12, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God! Another pagan broad that wishes she was a man. Do you people have any grasp on reality.
By the way, your avatar mocking nuns is not being respectful now is it? You pagans can't help yourselves can you.
Prime example of the "virulent hater of [all non-]Christians and especially [non-]Catholics, who then accuses everyone who isn't Christian or Catholic of being a pagan, and of being a "virulent hater of Christians and especially Catholics."

Three words for you dumbdumb; "pot, meet kettle."

Interesting how you sh*t and piss on your Jeebus' commandments (Luke 6:27-37)
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269453 Dec 12, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I have had children, you can't do what I did, you are a spineless lazy old hag.
How Christ-like of you!!! You're a pathetic excuse for a human being, much less a holier-than-thou jesus freak.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#269454 Dec 12, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Ocean56 has a mullet & plays women's softball.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269455 Dec 12, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are a wimp.
Are you smart enough to realize that you're only attacking your perception of her disposition to deal with the hardships of motherhood and that you are, in fact, validating all of what Ocean says with your comment?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#269456 Dec 12, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You support killing pregnant women.
The CDC reports 39 women died from illegal abortions in U.S. the year PRIOR TO Roe v. Wade.

2.3 million preborn babies are executed daily in U.S. today.

Maybe you'll get a calculator for Hanukkah.....

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#269457 Dec 12, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I have had children, you can't do what I did, you are a spineless lazy old hag.
How many "children" did you have?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#269458 Dec 12, 2012
Correction: 4,000 preborn babies are executed daily in U.S. (2.3 million per year).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min The Donald_ 1,402,634
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr JackArmStrong 20,383
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 70,811
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 hr USS LIBERTY 72,033
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Thu Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages