Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309765 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269360 Dec 11, 2012
Where does it say you're a bad catholic if you don't want a frigging funeral mass? One of the key lessons I learned from mom is that other peoples' opinions mean nothing.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should have never called her a good Catholic. By the way,I went to a funeral a few weeks ago and the woman who died had no family, she still had a funeral Mass. The priest would still say a mass for the deceased even if no one shows up . YOU are afraid to enter a church, maybe you are too scared of burning up when you enter.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269361 Dec 11, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Distinction and subtlety of thought are not your strong suits Inkstain. You seem to PREFER abject stupidity.
Lets see if we can dumb it down enough for you. Would Dick and Jane verse help?
While most people, no matter what race, religion, politics they are, will agree that there ARE areas where there is very strict right and wrong.
Child abuse, murder & rape fall into those categories. But MANY other categories are not so black and white, not so cut and dried.
For example, from your stupid blanket comment: Theft: Was the person stealing for food because they or their children are hungry? Sorry, morally, some would say that a society as rich as ours that has people that literally DO have to steal for food is where the "wrong" lies. Should we throw someone in jail because they are HUNGRY? I say no.
Right and wrong ARE subjective in area's of MORALITY in regard to SOCIAL ISSUES. Your morals, thank G-D are not mine. I have absolutely no issue with people of mixed races or faiths, or same gender's marrying - that's not something that should be legislated. In MY world view, the greatest gift G-d gave us all is the ability to LOVE, and when two consenting adults love each other in a relationship that harms NOBODY, WTF should the likes of YOU have to say about it?
Another example: By my faith, I dont like tattoos. It doesn't make sense, but it IS biblical in nature (The prohibition of tattooing is found in the Torah: "You shall not make gashes in your flesh for the dead, or incise any marks on yourselves: I am the Lord" (Leviticus 19:28)), and it was how I was raised as a core belief. By the orthodoxy that I was raised in, it is "wrong". Yet is it MY wrong to deal with, I dont believe I should have ANY say in what someone ELSE does. Its NOT wrong for others to tattoo themselves if they choose, it doesn't affect me in the least, and if G-d has an issue with it, it will be ALSO - like abortion - between that person and G-d.
For so many of these issues, that's how it SHOULD be, between a person and their Lord, without the interference of idiots like you trying to force YOUR view of "morals" or 'right and wrong' on social or personal issues on others.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3741-nebras...
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269362 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Where does it say you're a bad catholic if you don't want a frigging funeral mass? One of the key lessons I learned from mom is that other peoples' opinions mean nothing.
<quoted text>
If you were Catholic,you would know how important any Mass is .

Indianapolis

#269363 Dec 11, 2012
I honored my mother. You're pissed off because I didn't honor the RCC. And why the fu** do you think an atheist is concerned about the commandments?
HuskerDu wrote:
deceased person,excuuuuuseme. Petey didn't honor his mother,which is breaking a commandment ,even when he had to bury her he failed.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269364 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You must pick and choose what you adhere to in Leviticus.
What's your point?

The Torah also says (in Deuteronomy 21:18-21) that stubborn and rebellious children are to be brought to the elders of the city and taken to city hall and be stoned to death.

But, we don't follow that either. Not even Hasidic Jews do.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269365 Dec 11, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>If you were Catholic,you would know how important any Mass is .
If you were Catholic, you'd know that is not the mass that's important, but what's said in the mass. Assuming, of course, you people are studying your "bible" and all the commandments of your Jeebus.

Indianapolis

#269366 Dec 11, 2012
Which is why masses are SRO every sunday...not.

Idiot. My mother thought such things were morbid and distasteful.
HuskerDu wrote:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269367 Dec 11, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boo! PALEEEASE!!
Give me a break, I'm doing the 'mother' thing, and what you mentioned is short term! And everything on your list, makes the love of my children, and the love I feel for them worth it! Spare me!
1. Freedom? hahahah you lose that with marriage!
2. Sleep? Coffee
3. Money? So you can't have that $3000 dollar purse you fell in love with. Buy the $40 dollar one, and f*ck the Jones's.
4. Education? Got mine
5. Loss of mobility? Buy a baby care seat.
6. Loss of private time? Not just a baby/child does that.
7. Colic? If the baby is fed, dry, comfortable, and you can't take the crying even though you've snuggled them for a while, put them in the crib and walk away. Close the door, put the t.v. on louder to drown out the crying, take the break, and come back when you can do it again. I've never heard of a well taken care of baby that has cried themselves to death.
Short term Ocean! Short term. And the good times with your baby/child FAR OUT WEIGH the bad (imo)
The time of my being able to have children are coming to a close, and I thank God I chose to have them. I can't imagine my life without them.
If a woman chooses not to have them, she won't have known the 'other' choice, and are probably as happy as I am.
So in short,, damned if you do and damned if you don't?
The fact is, parenthood has many cons. It's a wonderful thing that the significantly fewer pros are so compelling and visceral for most parents that having children is worth it. It is absolute folly to take away a woman's right to choose abortion, since there are so many good reasons why one wouldn't want to have a baby. Let's all just do what is best each of us and mind our own business.

Atrisco Village

#269368 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
When I wade through the mumbo jumbo I think you agree with the other poster that those who find themselves in family court are a result of women not knowing how much is expected of parenthood.
Of course, that's true of many of those people. Add to that, each person's own personal story and flaws. There is no cookie cutter model of parental failure.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269369 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were Catholic, you'd know that is not the mass that's important, but what's said in the mass. Assuming, of course, you people are studying your "bible" and all the commandments of your Jeebus.
That isn't really correct. The reason for any Mass is to receive the Holy Eucharist.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269370 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
The Torah also says (in Deuteronomy 21:18-21) that stubborn and rebellious children are to be brought to the elders of the city and taken to city hall and be stoned to death.
But, we don't follow that either. Not even Hasidic Jews do.
The point is clear. Follow the rules in Leviticus that you agree with and don't follow the others.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269371 Dec 11, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, that's true of many of those people. Add to that, each person's own personal story and flaws. There is no cookie cutter model of parental failure.
So sometimes it is irresponsibility, and a lack of interest in doing the right thing.

Atrisco Village

#269372 Dec 11, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
If you were a real Christian, you wouldn't be trying to do your god's job for him. Maybe you would be a kinder, gentler person if you tried to emulate your savior, Jesus.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269373 Dec 11, 2012
peter 1313 wrote:
Which is why masses are SRO www.everysunday.net .
Idiot. My mother thought such things were morbid and distasteful.
<quoted text>
It sounds like you carried out your mother's last wishes as she would have wanted.

As far as SRO at masses you are right except for the Spanish Masses. It is literally SRO. Tons of families with lots of children. Tomorrow there will be thousands celebrating Our Lady of Guadalupe
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269374 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I honored my mother. You're pissed off because I didn't honor the RCC. And why the fu** do you think an atheist is concerned about the commandments?
<quoted text>
Because you are wrong and selfish, her funeral has nothing to do with you being an atheist, you put yourself before your mother.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269375 Dec 11, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If you were a real Christian, you wouldn't be trying to do your god's job for him. Maybe you would be a kinder, gentler person if you tried to emulate your savior, Jesus.
We are to stand up and speak out against evil,not be abused by people like you who uphold the most evil vile act against mankind.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269376 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
A good Catholic would want a Mass because we receive Christ in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is extremely important. We respect our parents and a funeral Mass is showing that we do because its what we believe.

Indianapolis

#269377 Dec 11, 2012
If you could read, I said I specifically removed myself from that decion; my siblings decided not to have a mass. So they should have had one even if she would not have wanted one?
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are wrong and selfish, her funeral has nothing to do with you being an atheist, you put yourself before your mother.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269378 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.todayscatholicnews.org/2009/10/the...

Indianapolis

#269379 Dec 11, 2012
Mom was cremated. what were they gonna do, jam a piece of toast in the urn?
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>A good Catholic would want a Mass because we receive Christ in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is extremely important. We respect our parents and a funeral Mass is showing that we do because its what we believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min OzRitz 53,079
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr swedenforever 1,225,064
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 69,827
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Enya 19,893
Amazing Child educational DIY materials kit Mon Vinvin 1
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! May 3 manny 2
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... May 3 weatherfieldguy112 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]