Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346232 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267783 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I did not prove your point. They care, they're just not insisting it must be their own.
Damn, you're stupid.
Why wouldn't you insist on raising your children in your own religion? In how many different religions have you raised your's.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#267784 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>I would bet my life that none of the above are practicing.
BTW...not all Muslims are the same. A close Muslim friend of mine deplores the off shoot Muslims who give her kind a bad name.
So,again,authenticity of those involved,is what makes things work or not work. THAT is the point.
Each and every one of them practice their faith and regularly attend Church/Mosque/Temple/Kingdom Hall. Whether or not the way they practice is considered "authentic" is really up to God/their Gods to judge as only He/They knows the depth of their hearts when it comes to spirituality.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267785 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think that is sad that you would be happy with any decision your child makes even if you saw it as grave."
I said nothing about "any" decision. I'm talking about one decision only; religion.
"I am not a control freak."
Given your posting history, I disagree.
"I have strong convictions and I live according to them. You see that as a sign of being a control freak but I don't."
Wrong. I see you insisting that your children, even as adults, must follow YOUR convictions, or you'll nag at them, as sign of you being a control freak.
"I don't harm or kill anyone. You can't say the same."
Yes I can. I don't harm or kill anyone, either.
"My adult children live a moral life."
So do mine.
"I am VERY proud of the way they handle their lives."
As I am very proud of the way mine own handles theirs.
"I have yet to be disappointed."
Good for you. Me too.
"By the grace of God they have turned out to be wonderful,well adjusted and moral individuals. They are smart,loving and have great senses of humor."
By the grace of their own Gods, as well as their hearts and ability to reason, my children are smart, loving, with great senses of human, AND their tolerant of others, and do volunteer work in their communities. They're educated, they have good jobs, those who have children are doing a great job raising them.
"They are not afraid to be who they are,or to stand by their values."
Unless of course their religion were to be different from your own, then they'd have to be afraid you'd nag at them to change constantly. My children have no such fear.
"We have great,open communication on a daily basis."
As I do with my children.
"It's a tough world out there but I've done my best to educate them in many different ways."
As I have with my own children.
"Again,we might not agree with what the world believes,but that doesn't mean that we are ignorant."
No, it's your complete refusal to understand anyone different from you that makes you ignorant. And arrogant.
This is a totally stupid waste of space.
She was defending your attack that she was a 'lousy parent'. Nobody treally cares how your raised your kids.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267786 Dec 2, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Posh.
Sassilicious: Are you denying that your aborted child might have been a daughter? Do you have proof?
By week like 5,we can now find out the sex of our child while in utero. So,yeah,our son or daughter is known THAT early on.

AyakaNeo: Posh.

This gender determination product advertises that results are obtained at 7-weeks gestation.

http://www.tellmepinkorblue.com/

It's a home test, 95% accurate.

Studies have shown results possible as early as 5-weeks gestation.

"Posh"?

Nah. Sassy is spot on.

(Careful..."foo junior" is starting to really sound apropos)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267787 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't you insist on raising your children in your own religion? In how many different religions have you raised your's.
What?

I did raise my children in my religion. What ARE you babbling about?

I just never INSISTED they had to be Wiccan. The choice was always there.

My children were never forced to participate. They choose to. They still do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267788 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a totally stupid waste of space.
She was defending your attack that she was a 'lousy parent'. Nobody treally cares how your raised your kids.
And I wasn't talking to you. And she was using it to accuse ME of being a bad parent. As well as accuse me of harming and killing people. Piss off.

If you don't like my posts to others, scroll on past them. No one is holding a gun to your head.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#267789 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh bull. MOST of you proaborts claim to be "raised" in a certain religion,yet have shown that to be untrue in EVERY sense of the word.
You yourself are a perfect example of this.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267791 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it. I just don't buy it. Why do they use some names? So they feel they haven't totally given up Christianity when they have? Is that supposed to offer some comfort just in case there is a Jesus who is God? At least you got rid of Him altogether.
See, I KNEW you wouldn't be bright enough to understand.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#267792 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to catch up on the context of the conversation and start over.
I've done just that. And my questions still stand.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#267793 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is fine for folks who think of their religions as traditions. They obviously don't care which religion the kids choose. It cannot be important to them that their children follow in their beliefs. How did they teach their children about their faiths. Did they take them to synagog and church. Were they baptised and bar mitzvahed? Did they pray to Allah and Jesus? Did they learn that there was a God and at the same time, there wasn't?
I really don't think you can say they don't care because I'm sure they do. On one hand, if it was truly a big deal, I would think they would not have married someone of a different religion. However, some folks feel that religious beliefs are extremely personal and can accept and respect that folks have different beliefs, including those that share the same religion. I don't think you'll ever find folks who agree 100% on everything when it comes to religion.

I think the reason why it wasn't such a conflict for my friends was that their parents were pretty much open minded about religion and accepted that there are different Gods out there. I think they felt that because they worshipped a particular God doesn't negate the existence of a different God.

I can only speak from what I know of my friends but I do know that they were baptized in the Catholic Church and some also took some other Sacraments. They were all taught their respective parents religions and some of them went to both faiths religious services. One friend in particular participated in both Catholic and Muslim traditions but as he grew older, he leaned more towards Islam, as he stopped eating pork and fasted during Ramadan and he considers himself a Muslim now.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267794 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for making my point, girlfriend. I know you won't understand, but don't fret. Go pray on it:-)
I actually made two points:

1) You were wrong.

2) You don't know what you're talking about.

Next..........
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267795 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Would it have been that easy for you to do so if you were married to a faithful practising Jew, Catholic, Muslim or Mormon?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267796 Dec 2, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think you can say they don't care because I'm sure they do. On one hand, if it was truly a big deal, I would think they would not have married someone of a different religion. However, some folks feel that religious beliefs are extremely personal and can accept and respect that folks have different beliefs, including those that share the same religion. I don't think you'll ever find folks who agree 100% on everything when it comes to religion.
I think the reason why it wasn't such a conflict for my friends was that their parents were pretty much open minded about religion and accepted that there are different Gods out there. I think they felt that because they worshipped a particular God doesn't negate the existence of a different God.
I can only speak from what I know of my friends but I do know that they were baptized in the Catholic Church and some also took some other Sacraments. They were all taught their respective parents religions and some of them went to both faiths religious services. One friend in particular participated in both Catholic and Muslim traditions but as he grew older, he leaned more towards Islam, as he stopped eating pork and fasted during Ramadan and he considers himself a Muslim now.
AS you said, to the people you are talking about, it was no big deal.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267797 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no pro-abort.
I WAS, in fact, raised Catholic. Authentic, practising, Catholic, even by your bigotted view.
Sorry, but you are wrong.
1) You support a mother's right to elect to intentionally kill the human in her womb.

2) You have your mother's Rosary in safe keeping. How symbolic of you to possess a momento of your mom's Catholic Faith.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267798 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
I guess instructing them in all those other religions didn't catch on and they stayed with what they knew.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267799 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You support a mother's right to elect to intentionally kill the human in her womb.
2) You have your mother's Rosary in safe keeping. How symbolic of you to possess a momento of your mom's Catholic Faith.
I keep mine in my pocket. Never know when I might have time to say a decade or two, like when driving by PP.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267800 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He strongly believes that there is no God and says so.
Yes and I am sure you react exactly as he wants you to as well. I am equally sure that he knows that you are a fanatic and telling you to your face is his way of getting you riled up.. It worked here you are all bent out of shape. That your son in law is telling to your face that he does not believe in your god or your religion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267801 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it have been that easy for you to do so if you were married to a faithful practising Jew, Catholic, Muslim or Mormon?
The subject under discussion has been about multifaith families who agree to teach both faiths, and allow the children to decide for themselves. Under those circumstances, it would BE that easy, yes.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267802 Dec 2, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I am sure you react exactly as he wants you to as well. I am equally sure that he knows that you are a fanatic and telling you to your face is his way of getting you riled up.. It worked here you are all bent out of shape. That your son in law is telling to your face that he does not believe in your god or your religion.
My son in law lives half way across the country and I have had no discussions on the subject with him.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267803 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
1)I support a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own pregnancy.

2)It's special to me because it was special to her. I have many of the belongings that were special to her. So?

3)Neither of these points has anything to do with the discussion you inserted yourself into. Do pay better attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min mdbuilder 1,782,543
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr None 22,012
News Ansonia man wins $360,000 after visit to packag... 5 hr Ava Ava 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr GassyHillaree 64,843
News Schools Prepare for Temperatures in the 90s Monday Wed Gavone 9
News Newington Discusses Curbing Panhandling Jun 18 Bruddah Z 1
News Convicted In Slaying, Man Faces Unrelated Charges (Aug '08) Jun 18 Smh 9

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages