Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267241 Dec 1, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy is getting hung up on the "they make up their own minds" part.
Apparently so.

She'd really have a fit at my house, then, where in addition to Yule and Ostara, we would celebrate Christmas and Easter with my parents who would come to visit. My Dad still comes down every December, celebrates Yule with us (he doesn't stay up all night for the vigil, but he gets up to go with us to the beach and watch the sun rise), and then we celebrate on the 25th with him. Of course, it helps that the decorations are pretty much the same for both. After all, the church incorporated many of the symbols and colors the Pagans already used in order to make them more willing to "convert" :)

And not once have the kids ever been "confused" by this. No more than they were "confused" about Santa (that jolly old Elf), the Easter Bunny (bunnies being one symbol of the Goddess Eostre :), the Tooth Fairy. They were told what we believe, and what other religions believe, and they were told that what they believed would always be up to them to decide. I guess one reason it's so hard for Sassy to understand, is that her religion teaches absolutes, while others may teach that there are many ways to see the Divine, and they don't understand that myths were created as tools to teach underlying concepts, and are not meant to be taken literally.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267242 Dec 1, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a spontaneous abortion is a different "cause of death" than an induced abortion and is defined differently medically.
Uh no. Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious" (or missed, threatened, inevitable, incomplete, complete, habitual or etc) ABORTION.

http://www.wmedicine.com/what-are-the-types-o...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267243 Dec 1, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>LLL has never defended that statement, has she? I don't recall her ever addressing questions about it. She's a hypocrite. Good thing nothing she says matters, anyway.
She claimed she was talking initially about a hypothetical, so it didn't count. Never MIND that her claim to KNOW somone that was "born in a PVS" was NOT a hypothetical and in fact was a flat out lie.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267244 Dec 1, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
In our house we're all well aware that the birth date of Jesus is actually unknown. We celebrate the holiday of Christmas in terms of celebrating giving and generosity, striving to think of others and taking time from busy lives to slow down and do more with our family. We also take time to tell "remember when..." stories about our deceased family and, yes, I like the festive lights, decorated trees and planning a really nice Christmas dinner.
Anyone I know who wants to celebrate the birth of Christ does just that, because this is a free country and we can celebrate any way we want.
I'm an atheist and I celebrate Christmas for MY reasons.
Yeah, I should have elaborated on that. I'm pretty sure most normal Chrisitans know that Jesus, IF he existed at all, wasn't born on December 25th LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267245 Dec 1, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text> You're missing the point. A child can be taught the beliefs of both religions, and then they make up their own minds. That is the point. Many people are raised that way. I know a woman who was raised by a Baptist mother, and a Buddhist father. She was not confused at all. I taught my children about Wicca, but also what other religions believe, and left the choice up to them. They were also not confused.
By the way, no one actually believes the real date was December 25th anymore. That's just when it's celebrated.
Skanky doesn't believe in education. She believes in INDOCTRINATION.

Much like she and her kind can't allow for women to be educated and make their own MEDICAL choices (it has to be forced on them) they think children - and adults for that matter - cant find their own way's to G-d if they so choose.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267246 Dec 1, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Sweetie...you simply can't raise a child to believe that they have a Savior Jesus Christ who was born on Christmas morning then tell them that they don't have a savior Jesus Christ without totally confusing the hell out of them.
But..please do explain how that worked with your child having lesbians for mothers who have different religions (one Jewish, one Christian).
Foo & her Same-sex partner worship at the altar of the almighty orgasm. They bow to secularism & the culture of death. That is what their adopted daughter learned. She was taught neither true Judaism nor authentic Christianity. Especially not by example.
________

Foo: "to hell with the embryo or fetus."

Foo: "If its GOING TO DIE, if that's a known and forgone conclusion? They yes,'rip him apart, crush his skull, squich his beating heart'"

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267247 Dec 1, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so.
She'd really have a fit at my house, then, where in addition to Yule and Ostara, we would celebrate Christmas and Easter with my parents who would come to visit. My Dad still comes down every December, celebrates Yule with us (he doesn't stay up all night for the vigil, but he gets up to go with us to the beach and watch the sun rise), and then we celebrate on the 25th with him. Of course, it helps that the decorations are pretty much the same for both. After all, the church incorporated many of the symbols and colors the Pagans already used in order to make them more willing to "convert" :)
And not once have the kids ever been "confused" by this. No more than they were "confused" about Santa (that jolly old Elf), the Easter Bunny (bunnies being one symbol of the Goddess Eostre :), the Tooth Fairy. They were told what we believe, and what other religions believe, and they were told that what they believed would always be up to them to decide. I guess one reason it's so hard for Sassy to understand, is that her religion teaches absolutes, while others may teach that there are many ways to see the Divine, and they don't understand that myths were created as tools to teach underlying concepts, and are not meant to be taken literally.
Children that are taught to THINK know to ask questions if they're confused. That way, they're taught to REASON as well.

Skanky and her ilk can't have children thinking or reasoning things out for themselves, G-D FORBID!! <<tic>> @@

I never realised how big a bigot the Skank really is before this little enlightening tete `a tete.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267248 Dec 1, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy is getting hung up on the "they make up their own minds" part.
Yup. Can't have THAT! No sir!!
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267249 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no. Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious" (or missed, threatened, inevitable, incomplete, complete, habitual or etc) ABORTION.
http://www.wmedicine.com/what-are-the-types-o...
Foo: Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious"
_________

"Simply"?

Grandma's death would SIMPLY say "died of natural causes" or "had her head blown off by a twelve gauge shot gun."
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267250 Dec 1, 2012
Foo to Sassy: Animals are worth MUCH MORE than your kind are.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_______

Again, Foo's example did not teach her adopted daughter Judaism. She taught her daughter how to hate.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267251 Dec 1, 2012
Foo to Sassy: Now if I had to save my cat or you? Hands down, the cat ANY day. Wouldnt even have to give it a second thought.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_________

Judaism?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267252 Dec 1, 2012
"Your grandma wasn't proud. She knew the best part of you ran down your mama's sperm donors leg. Pity she didn't have the ability to abort. She wouldn't be proud of you." - Foo to NR

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_______

Did somebody say Judaism?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267253 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no. Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious" (or missed, threatened, inevitable, incomplete, complete, habitual or etc) ABORTION.
http://www.wmedicine.com/what-are-the-types-o...
The woman doesn't know what she's talking about. She once wrote that she has read her relatives' medical charts (bullshit) so she thinks she knows how abortions of all types are charted. Pure horseshit, unbelievably stupid crap that comes out of that chick. But I'm supposed to take her seriously... LOL.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267254 Dec 1, 2012
So now a uterus is a "death chamber" huh?@@ Pity your grandmothers wasn't.- Foo to NR

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
__________

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

NOt Judaism.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267255 Dec 1, 2012
I dont expect better from a dropout who was drinking and drugging as you were when you bothered to be IN school and not schtupping your druggie pedophile BF.- Foo

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

__________

^^^ That's what Foo taught her foster-turned-adopted daughter.^^^
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267256 Dec 1, 2012
"Toilet Twins." - Foo

_________

Fe Fi Fo Foo
She's about as close to Judaism as Tin Buck Two.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267257 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>She claimed she was talking initially about a hypothetical, so it didn't count. Never MIND that her claim to KNOW somone that was "born in a PVS" was NOT a hypothetical and in fact was a flat out lie.
Yeah, I remember that.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267258 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU on the other hand were a little druggie HS dropout slut that "murdered" FOUR "children" in less than five years. You DO remember the toilet twins right Lynniekins?
Foo to Lily last night: YOU on the other hand [Lily] were a little druggie HS dropout slut that "murdered" FOUR "children" in less than five years. You DO remember the toilet twins right Lynniekins?

______

Foo instructed Judaism to her adopted daughter, like Rosie O'Donnell instructs fitness.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267259 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo & her Same-sex partner worship at the altar of the almighty orgasm. They bow to secularism & the culture of death. That is what their adopted daughter learned. She was taught neither true Judaism nor authentic Christianity. Especially not by example.
________
Foo: "to hell with the embryo or fetus."
Foo: "If its GOING TO DIE, if that's a known and forgone conclusion? They yes,'rip him apart, crush his skull, squich his beating heart'"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Why don't you like orgasms? You're very weird.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267260 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious"
_________
"Simply"?
Grandma's death would SIMPLY say "died of natural causes" or "had her head blown off by a twelve gauge shot gun."
Your analogy is as inane now as it was the last time three times you tried to use it. It just doesn't work. You would not fare well in a philosophy class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,402,732
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min Cheffie 70,813
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr JackArmStrong 20,383
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 hr USS LIBERTY 72,033
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Thu Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages