Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 321834 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267145 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you don't answer a question, the other person is making an ass of themself with assumptions. Like when I don't answer your stupid question, you're making an ass of yourself with your assumptions.
Uh, no. When SHE is assuming she already knows an answer that I have not given, THEN she is making an ass out of herself.

Oh, it's no assumption. We all know.

Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#267146 Nov 30, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You have no intention of revealing what REALLY happened.
We all know why too.
You were looking to bash the RCC and to advocate and justify abortion. That is all you had in mind.
You're right again.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267147 Nov 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If a fetus is BORN, its a child you idiot.
Not according to Katie, idiot. To Katie it's not a child or infant until it's born, breathing and cord is cut. Until then, she claims it's still a fetus. It's a stupid claim and oe she could never back with anything, because she didn't understand what she provided as proof.

Seriously, you pro-choicers keep making posts that display the stupidity of the posts made by each pro-choicer. lol.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267148 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confident that foo will be proven wrong (again) when the investigation is complete.
She realizes she's just "mouthing off" before that time, trying exploit the situation as much as possible.
That's what her kind do.
It's definitely what she does in every story she posts here.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267149 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there some reason you can't answer the question put to YOU?
My personal opinion is irrelevant to my position on this issue, that's why.
Again, why do you need to know it?
LOL, what a nutcase.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267150 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. You came in here using her death to attack pro-lifers. You DID exploit that woman for your selfish reasons here. She chose not to abort, due to her own beliefs, and you used her story for your arguments as to why abortion should have been done. Not only did you exploit her, you mocked her decision by saying she was wrong for HER CHOICE.
You Moron. Foo is talking about the woman in Ireland who BEGGED for an abortion when they told her they couldn't save the fetus anyway, and she was in terrible pain. WHERE did you pull "She chose not to abort, due to her own beliefs" from? Your ass?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#267151 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Do you believe this one? Unreal.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267152 Nov 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
**sighs** A D&C CAN BE AN ABORTION as I've proven Skanky you dumbass. I at NO time said that's the ONLY thing it is.
Damn cow, grow up.
Well, you did say that a D&C after a miscarriage is "an abortion procedure", and you were wrong.

Post 262413 in this thread.
Oct. 7, 2012
Foo wrote: "If a woman has a dead fetus in her, then yes, it IS an abortion procedure to get rid of the dead fetal matter."~

No, it's a dilation and curettage procedure as a treatment to prevent infection.

Maybe you should grow up. Calling people, who know more than you about a topic, "cow", makes you look even more stupid than your arguments make you look.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#267153 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
They ARE different medically. One is induced, one is spontaneous. WTH is wrong with your brain?
You replied to a post about D&Cs with "abortion is abortion is abortion". If you weren't talking about D&C's then don't reply to a post about D&C's, NC.
Aren't you usually the militant one insisting nobody has a right to tell you how or what to post? Such a hypocrite.

How are they different medically? Abortion is the end of pregnancy prior to term, according to the medical definition. Abortion is abortion is abortion. If you don't believe it, then research it. Come prepared to dispute with your links already in hand. NR (and now you) is trying to show that intent to end pregnancy prior to term is .......... somehow unjustified, unnecessary, morally wrong, against God, and other subjective reasons that have zero impact on other people's subjective reasons. And that's why you're both insisting D&C is different for spontaneous and induced. That one procedure is the killing machine and the other is the cleaning machine. As if that mattered. What matters is the pregnancy ended prior to term and needs to be complete. The D&C is used as a procedure to do that.

So what do you call a D&C done years following a full term delivery that ends up removing remnants of fetal tissue? Is that technically an abortion of, say, an undeveloped twin not absorbed by the body? Would it be spontaneous or induced?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267154 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not lie. And nothing you have posted proves otherwise. Sorry, but those are facts.
Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?
"I did not lie. And nothing you have posted proves otherwise. Sorry, but those are facts."

Facts can be proven, and I did prove you lied. The posts with your words are the facts. Where's YOUR proof that you haven't lied? Where are the posts proving your claims of what you supposedly "meant" and about what you supposedly posted that you were accused of lying about back then, Toots? Still not seeing them here. Wonder why. Could it be because you know you can't prove it? Must be.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#267155 Nov 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, there's billions of people in the world that have been raised around two or MORE faiths, and aren't confused at all about what they believe.
And hey, they can even respect and believe IN aspects of other faiths too!
It must suck to be as bigoted and closed minded as you are about these things. Are you REALLY going to claim you dont know ANYONE that is a mixed faith family?
Oh wait, you likely do, and they're all screwed up messes like everyone ELSE you claim to know.
You're pathetic.
<quoted text>
How what worked? She got religous education in both faiths, attended services for both. Its not that complicated really.
Good lord Skanky, you act like learning and education about faith and religion is like rocket science....
oh wait, for you it likely is. Never mind...
While "being religiously educated on both faiths", did she or did she not believe that Jesus was her savior born on Christmas morning?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#267156 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how we never hear anything from you when women die from infection/sepsis after an abortion procedure.
Gee. Perhaps because they're so rare. In 2008, the latest recorded records with the CDC, there were only 12 deaths out of 784,507 abortions.

So what is it you'd like to hear from me about those 12 deaths? Do you know anything about any of those deaths? Were ANY of them from sepsis No Relevance? if so, how many? Who? Under what circumstances did they happen?

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss61...

The number of abortions is down SIGNIFICANTLY from prior years incidently.

Oh and for the question of whether D&C's are used for abortion?

"curettage accounted for 96.4%98.3% of all abortions and then decreased to 94.7% of abortions at 1820 weeks' gestation"

Keep trying to pull shit from your behind and acting like its relevant No Relevance. Its amusing to watch you try. LOL!

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267157 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is all yours. And you failed.
Yes, the burden of proof of MY claims was on me, and I provided the proof. Your claims that you meant something other than what you posted are your claims. The burden of proof is on YOU to prove those claims.

You know you can't, because there's no way you can prove you didn't see Doc's use of the word "right" when he posted that "you support a woman's RIGHT to terminate her pregnancy" and that he wasn't saying you support abortion. He capitalized the word RIGHT. No missing it, no mistaking it for him saying you support abortion. Nope. Epic fail on that claim, Toots.

Location hidden

#267158 Nov 30, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> While "being religiously educated on both faiths", did she or did she not believe that Jesus was her savior born on Christmas morning?
You'd have to discuss that with her. I'm not going to discuss it in detail with the likes of you for obvious reasons.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267159 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"I did not lie. And nothing you have posted proves otherwise. Sorry, but those are facts."
Facts can be proven, and I did prove you lied. The posts with your words are the facts. Where's YOUR proof that you haven't lied? Where are the posts proving your claims of what you supposedly "meant" and about what you supposedly posted that you were accused of lying about back then, Toots? Still not seeing them here. Wonder why. Could it be because you know you can't prove it? Must be.
No. The burden of proof is on you. And you failed.

Location hidden

#267160 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for christ's sake Lynne. Move the hell ON already. Dont you get tired of making an ass of yourself day in and day out? The ONLY thing you've proven is that you're an obsessive/compulsive mess.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#267161 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to Katie, idiot. To Katie it's not a child or infant until it's born, breathing and cord is cut. Until then, she claims it's still a fetus. It's a stupid claim and oe she could never back with anything, because she didn't understand what she provided as proof.
Seriously, you pro-choicers keep making posts that display the stupidity of the posts made by each pro-choicer. lol.
Yeah, okay. You make a big deal out of an old hypothetical in the middle of long-winded posts exclaiming how truth is so damn important to you. Give it up and move on already.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267162 Nov 30, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Not so fast......YOU claimed that a D&C is an "abortion". Stop denying that you said that you lying sack of suds.
Did you just call me a ...cow?
LOL
lol, her intelligence and insults are of junior high level.

If she's posting, she's lying. She's trying to act like she didn't post that a D&C after a miscarriage is an "abortion procedure." Also, I'm going to be looking to see if Ayakaneo posts anything to Foo about it. Ayakaneo says anyone who thinks a D&C in this day and age is used for abortion needs to be educated. Of course she said it to me, assuming I don't know what i'm talking about. Reality is, it's those she defends here who have no idea what they're talking about in any topic they choose to post about. they have to google for information about everything they post on, and most of the time, they don't understand what they read there. lol

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267163 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No excuses necessary. It's the truth. That is exactly what I meant. Sorry.
Keep saying that, Bitner. Deluded are the people who do as you do. Believing their own lies without a shred of evidence to back the lie.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267164 Nov 30, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> While "being religiously educated on both faiths", did she or did she not believe that Jesus was her savior born on Christmas morning?
You're missing the point. A child can be taught the beliefs of both religions, and then they make up their own minds. That is the point. Many people are raised that way. I know a woman who was raised by a Baptist mother, and a Buddhist father. She was not confused at all. I taught my children about Wicca, but also what other religions believe, and left the choice up to them. They were also not confused.

By the way, no one actually believes the real date was December 25th anymore. That's just when it's celebrated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Justice Dale 1,655,535
News Ganim's campaign pays city for mileage, not driver 42 min Sam Gavone 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Truth 21,253
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,291
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr Sam 72,041
News DCF Supervisor Charged With ATM Theft (Apr '09) Sat Fredman 244
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Sat BPT 59

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages