Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310234 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#266900 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily to Foo: It was you ignorant pro-choice buffoons calling it an "abortion" procedure when used after miscarriage, and you were wrong.
Derp.
Think Ayakaneo will understand what's posted? I doubt it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#266901 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof? Non-existant. See how valuable the ability to prove what someone posted is? I know the value and is why I can and will always prove my claims of what someone posted with post numbers and the post.
You take yourself way too seriously, sweetheart. This is Topix, for crying out loud. Tell me, how valuable is what you post here? What do you do in real life that an internet forum is somber business? Pulleeze...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266902 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I used the word "cure"? I didn't. I have always said treatment.
NR said "cure" but he just misspoke, which was obvious since he used the word "treatment" in the paragraph prior.
Then why did you respond to the question "Who said abortion is a CURE for a miscarriage", with "You did, Fool", when what the other poster had responded to was the word treatment?
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266903 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it. If she does, she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that.
Lily: do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it...she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that

If she does, I have a "derp" waiting for her.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266904 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion". There is no proof that I did...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy.
And STILL you can't bring yourself to say it.
Mind boggling !!!

Bitner wrote
<quoted text>I support her right to make her own choice. I'll not say something that is not true..."

What's "not true" in Doc's question to you? He said you "support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", or in other words, have an abortion. YOU claimed you won't say something that's not true.

A year later you denied having said that you don't support a woman's right to electively terminate her pregnancy. You considered admitting to that a non-truth. I proved then that you lied.

Dec 18, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already proved it since I've been here, so have many other pro-lifers. Do you deny having said that you don't support the right to choose abortion? I saw your post Bitner, in which you were asked to admit to supporting abortion as a choice and you posted that you wouldn't admit to what's not true.

Sorry, didn't address the questions. Since I'm not afraid to answer honestly, I'll do so now.

Bitner wrote
<quoted text>
~~~"Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.~~I have never said that.~~~ In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort, just as it does her right to continue her pregnancy. I DON'T support abortion. You're talking about two different things here. I support a woman's right to make her own choice, not the choices."~~~

Doc didn't state you supported abortion, but that you supported the RIGHT to abortion. In response you said you wouldn't admit to what's "not true".

Easy to prove you lied.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266905 Nov 30, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't an issue. You just fancy it as some monumental turning point in the discussion of abortion. It's not. Relax.
I'm as cool as a cucumber, Toots. Providing facts is easy for me to do. Providing proof pro-choicers lie is also easy for me to do.

The D&C issue is as relevant as anything else in proving pro-choicers who post here are ignorant buffoons who argue things they don't know anything about, and they post lies.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266906 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you respond to the question "Who said abortion is a CURE for a miscarriage", with "You did, Fool", when what the other poster had responded to was the word treatment?
Because, it was obvious he misspoke, since he used the word "treatment" prior, and Ayakaneo's reading comprehension failed again.

Ayakaneo's post with NR's quote within.
~No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: Abortion procedures aren't treatments for miscarriage.
AyakaNeo: Well yes they are.

Ayakaneo; "Who said an abortion is a cure for miscarriage? A D&C is a D&C, it's the same D&C that scrapes the uterus in either an elective abortion, or any natural abortion. No one has remotely even come close to saying that should a women need a D&C for a miscarriage does the doctor say, "o.k are you ready for your abortion procedure?". The steps taken to empty the contents are no different in either case."

In that she speaks of D&C not being an abortion after miscarriage, she doesn't dispute it being called a "cure", or what NR really meant which is "treatment".

You have enough to deal with your own lies and stupidity. Why are you adding your stupidity to Ayakaneo's?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266907 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily: do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it...she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that
If she does, I have a "derp" waiting for her.
lol

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266908 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy.
And STILL you can't bring yourself to say it.
Mind boggling !!!
Bitner wrote
<quoted text>I support her right to make her own choice. I'll not say something that is not true..."
What's "not true" in Doc's question to you? He said you "support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", or in other words, have an abortion. YOU claimed you won't say something that's not true.
A year later you denied having said that you don't support a woman's right to electively terminate her pregnancy. You considered admitting to that a non-truth. I proved then that you lied.
Dec 18, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already proved it since I've been here, so have many other pro-lifers. Do you deny having said that you don't support the right to choose abortion? I saw your post Bitner, in which you were asked to admit to supporting abortion as a choice and you posted that you wouldn't admit to what's not true.
Sorry, didn't address the questions. Since I'm not afraid to answer honestly, I'll do so now.
Bitner wrote
<quoted text>
~~~"Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.~~I have never said that.~~~ In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort, just as it does her right to continue her pregnancy. I DON'T support abortion. You're talking about two different things here. I support a woman's right to make her own choice, not the choices."~~~
Doc didn't state you supported abortion, but that you supported the RIGHT to abortion. In response you said you wouldn't admit to what's "not true".
Easy to prove you lied.
Not at all. I explained all this before. What I was talking about, was supporting abortion. I don't. I know you want to twist it into something else, because you're dishonest and are desperate to prove others so, but that IS what I was referring to. It had been the topic for weeks, regardless of Dic's post. Dishonest of you to leave off the rest of that sentence. Was that so you could twist it? What more was there to the post?

Until you find a post where I actually say "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion", you've not proven that I lied.

Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266909 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion". There is no proof that I did.
Just so you can't get away with your little word game again, no one claimed you said, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.", so you can't stop trying to use that little quote loophole.

No one claimed you said it in those words. What has been claimed is in reply to Doc stating "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", you said, "I'll not say something that is not true."

You are denying supporting the right to abortion.

That's what's been claimed, NOT that you said, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion."

Which number of Ayakaneo's "10 things to avoid the truth without lying" (for pro-choicers) are you using now? lol

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266910 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, it was obvious he misspoke, since he used the word "treatment" prior, and Ayakaneo's reading comprehension failed again.
Ayakaneo's post with NR's quote within.
~No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: Abortion procedures aren't treatments for miscarriage.
AyakaNeo: Well yes they are.
Ayakaneo; "Who said an abortion is a cure for miscarriage? A D&C is a D&C, it's the same D&C that scrapes the uterus in either an elective abortion, or any natural abortion. No one has remotely even come close to saying that should a women need a D&C for a miscarriage does the doctor say, "o.k are you ready for your abortion procedure?". The steps taken to empty the contents are no different in either case."
In that she speaks of D&C not being an abortion after miscarriage, she doesn't dispute it being called a "cure", or what NR really meant which is "treatment".
You have enough to deal with your own lies and stupidity. Why are you adding your stupidity to Ayakaneo's?
Uh huh.

If it was "obvious", there would be no need to respond to her question "Who said abortion was a CURE for miscarriage", with the words "You did, Fool". The APPROPRIATE response would have been, "He obviously meant "treatment" and not "cure", don't you think?

I've told no lies.

Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266911 Nov 30, 2012
~...so you [can] stop trying to use that little quote loophole.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266912 Nov 30, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You take yourself way too seriously, sweetheart. This is Topix, for crying out loud. Tell me, how valuable is what you post here? What do you do in real life that an internet forum is somber business? Pulleeze...
Abortion is "somber business". I understand why you'd see no value in having integrity in discussion or in not posting ignorant information or lies; you're a pro-choicer, and one who aborted her own developing child in utero. It's all a game to you.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266913 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I explained all this before. What I was talking about, was supporting abortion. I don't. I know you want to twist it into something else, because you're dishonest and are desperate to prove others so, but that IS what I was referring to. It had been the topic for weeks, regardless of Dic's post. Dishonest of you to leave off the rest of that sentence. Was that so you could twist it? What more was there to the post?
Until you find a post where I actually say "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion", you've not proven that I lied.
Bitner: " What I was talking about, was supporting abortion. I don't."

No, it was clear that Doc said RIGHT to abortion when he said, "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy."

Bitner:"I know you want to twist it into something else, because you're dishonest and are desperate to prove others so,.."
The only one doing any twisting is you. Doc's statement was very clear and the word RIGHT is capitalized. No missing it, no misunderstanding what was stated by him, not even for people with as little skill to read for comprehension as you.

Bitner: "Dishonest of you to leave off the rest of that sentence."

LOL, what "dishonest" bonehead? The rest wasn't relevant to proving what I claimed you said. The rest was "Deal with it, Control Freak."

Bitner: "Until you find a post where I actually say "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion", you've not proven that I lied."

LOL! I knew you'd be pulling that, and already took care of it in a prior post. NO ONE claimed those were your exact words, and no one has ever made a claim posting those words in quotes, so your attempts to use that little loophole has failed.

Doc: "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy."

Bitner:(relevant to Doc's statement)"...I'll not say something that is not true."

A year later Bitner: "Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion. I have never said that. In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort,..."

A year prior you kept refusing to admit you support a woman's right to abortion, and said "I'll not say something that's not true" in reference to exactly that.

I never claimed you said what you're trying to use, that you supposedly said the words, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion".

You lied and the words you quoted have nothing to do with it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266914 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you can't get away with your little word game again, no one claimed you said, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.", so you can't stop trying to use that little quote loophole.
No one claimed you said it in those words. What has been claimed is in reply to Doc stating "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", you said, "I'll not say something that is not true."
You are denying supporting the right to abortion.
That's what's been claimed, NOT that you said, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion."
Which number of Ayakaneo's "10 things to avoid the truth without lying" (for pro-choicers) are you using now? lol
No game. And, IIRC, that WAS the claim, that I said I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion, and it came at the time I said of course I support the woman's right.

What I DID say was directed to the charge that I support abortion. There was an entire conversation that had gone on for weeks, you know. I know you don't like that fact, but it IS a fact; THAT was what I was talking about.

So, until you provide a post where I did say it, you have not proven any lie.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266915 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
If it was "obvious", there would be no need to respond to her question "Who said abortion was a CURE for miscarriage", with the words "You did, Fool". The APPROPRIATE response would have been, "He obviously meant "treatment" and not "cure", don't you think?
I've told no lies.
The appropriate response you should be concerned about is your own, to the proof I provided that you lied. As well as the proof that you're trying to use some loophole you created to try deny you lied.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266916 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
~...so you [can] stop trying to use that little quote loophole.
LOL, you're projecting.

YOU are the one using a "loophole".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266917 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: " What I was talking about, was supporting abortion. I don't."
No, it was clear that Doc said RIGHT to abortion when he said, "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy."
Bitner:"I know you want to twist it into something else, because you're dishonest and are desperate to prove others so,.."
The only one doing any twisting is you. Doc's statement was very clear and the word RIGHT is capitalized. No missing it, no misunderstanding what was stated by him, not even for people with as little skill to read for comprehension as you.
Bitner: "Dishonest of you to leave off the rest of that sentence."
LOL, what "dishonest" bonehead? The rest wasn't relevant to proving what I claimed you said. The rest was "Deal with it, Control Freak."
Bitner: "Until you find a post where I actually say "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion", you've not proven that I lied."
LOL! I knew you'd be pulling that, and already took care of it in a prior post. NO ONE claimed those were your exact words, and no one has ever made a claim posting those words in quotes, so your attempts to use that little loophole has failed.
Doc: "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy."
Bitner:(relevant to Doc's statement)"...I'll not say something that is not true."
A year later Bitner: "Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion. I have never said that. In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort,..."
A year prior you kept refusing to admit you support a woman's right to abortion, and said "I'll not say something that's not true" in reference to exactly that.
I never claimed you said what you're trying to use, that you supposedly said the words, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion".
You lied and the words you quoted have nothing to do with it.
Words taken out of context prove nothing. I did not lie.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266918 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The appropriate response you should be concerned about is your own, to the proof I provided that you lied. As well as the proof that you're trying to use some loophole you created to try deny you lied.
You haven't provided any proof. But that's okay, because I know you're just deflecting from your own stupidity, when you told the other poster she's said abortion was a cure for miscarriage.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266919 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
There wasn't a contradiction, fool.
I posted about Foo:
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
~lol says the ignorant buffoon who keeps getting her ass handed to her. All your childish insults, attacks and mouthing off only displays how inept you are in adult discussion/arguments.~
None of you has ever handed me my ass because none of you is intelligent or honest enough to be able to, and I don't post like I'm in junior high. I only use name calling because pro-choicers do and I'm giving some of that back to you people. I have enough decency not to use the same names pro-choicers use. I won't call people "bitch", "C--T", "dumbf--k" etc.
I also don't say things like,'I haven't shared what you said in e-mail about ___, but I can. Want me to?', like some junior high twit who thinks that kind of childishness is somehow threatening to mature adults.
You're referring to the wrong post first of all. Second of all, the reason you don't understand the fact that the D&C procedure is the same procedure regardless of the type of abortion is because you don't understand the abortion procedure itself.

lil Lily wrote:
THAT is the point. A D&C is not and never will be medcially called an "abortion procedure", not even when it's used to induce an abortion.

D&C's are done after abortions for any type of abortion. Only inexperienced, not up to date physicians would use a D&C to induce an elective abortion. And only inexperienced, not up to date regular folks like yourself would think it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min leosnana 1,278,017
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 54,587
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Gas Woman 70,161
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr I hate taggers 20,108
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 13 hr carolb38 51
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Mon DCF_cooker 51
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Aug 30 Bob 291
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages