Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317630 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266924 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
Just 25 minutes ago, Katie called a D&C following a miscarriage an "abortion."
----------
NR: In one D&C scenerio, preborn baby is alive & intentionally & directly killed (abortion). In the other situation, the preborn baby died naturally, & D&C removes his body.
Katie: So? Abortion is abortion is abortion regardless. It's the ending of pregnancy prior to term.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Derp.
Correction no live babies are removed by D&C in any type of abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266925 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Words taken out of context prove nothing. I did not lie."
Nothing was taken out of context. I provided the post numbers and the words posted. You'll continue to deny and the words are there for all to see.
Some will see the truth and some will ignore the truth. I provided the truth and that's all that matters to me.
Sure you did. You posted sentence fragments from one post out of an entire conversation. That is out of context.

I'm not denying the words. I'm telling you what I meant by them. There is a difference.

Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#266926 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof? Non-existant. See how valuable the ability to prove what someone posted is? I know the value and is why I can and will always prove my claims of what someone posted with post numbers and the post.
please continue to be a lying, deceitful abortroll. You owned up to your actions month ago and now you want to deny your actions. Go troll someone else.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266927 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"YOU are the one using a "loophole"."
Hardly. You're the one denying having said something no one claimed you said, and you keep putting it in quotes, as though the claim is you said that specific thing. lol
I claimed you lied, and proved it with the words you DID post, in context, and with the post numbers.
Nonsense. This particular conversation started when I said of course I support a woman's right to have an abortion, and was accused of lying because earlier, someone said, I had stated that I did not support her right to do so. I had stated no such thing.

It's YOU who is twisting. Sorry, but that's a fact. You've not proven that I lied.

Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#266928 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"YOU are the one using a "loophole"."
Hardly. You're the one denying having said something no one claimed you said, and you keep putting it in quotes, as though the claim is you said that specific thing. lol
I claimed you lied, and proved it with the words you DID post, in context, and with the post numbers.
Been away awhile and sad to see that the conversation is still where it was when I left.

Bitner's only opinion is that a woman has to have the right to choose an abortion. She has no opinion on whether abortion is right or wrong. She has no opinion on whether killing your own child is moral or immoral. Why do you keep trying to have a discussion with someone with no core beliefs on the subject?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266929 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Been away awhile and sad to see that the conversation is still where it was when I left.
Bitner's only opinion is that a woman has to have the right to choose an abortion. She has no opinion on whether abortion is right or wrong. She has no opinion on whether killing your own child is moral or immoral. Why do you keep trying to have a discussion with someone with no core beliefs on the subject?
Untrue. I do have core beliefs. I believe it is each and every woman's right to make their own choice, based upon what THEY think is the morality of the situation, not what anyone else thinks.

I most definitely think killing any child is immoral. If you're going to post MY opinions, get them right, Witless.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#266930 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue. I do have core beliefs. I believe it is each and every woman's right to make their own choice, based upon what THEY think is the morality of the situation, not what anyone else thinks.
I most definitely think killing any child is immoral. If you're going to post MY opinions, get them right, Witless.
You repeated what I said. The only core belief you express on here is that a woman has a right to choose whether to kill or carry an unborn child.

You don't even believe that it is a child before birth so I don't know why you play so coy about abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266931 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You repeated what I said. The only core belief you express on here is that a woman has a right to choose whether to kill or carry an unborn child.
You don't even believe that it is a child before birth so I don't know why you play so coy about abortion.
I'm not playing coy, and I did not say anything about a woman killing her child, except that you were wrong when you said I had no opinion of such. I'm very much against killing any child.

Again, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right, Witless.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#266932 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not playing coy, and I did not say anything about a woman killing her child, except that you were wrong when you said I had no opinion of such. I'm very much against killing any child.
Again, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right, Witless.
As you know I am talking about an 'unborn child' and you don't accept that there is any such thing.

I'm sure you do remember saying that it isn't a child until born and breathing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266933 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know I am talking about an 'unborn child' and you don't accept that there is any such thing.
I'm sure you do remember saying that it isn't a child until born and breathing.
Yes, and it isn't. So, YOU adding those words to my supposed opinion, is dishonest. For the third time, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right. The way I say it, not your spin on it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#266934 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and it isn't. So, YOU adding those words to my supposed opinion, is dishonest. For the third time, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right. The way I say it, not your spin on it.
You do not have an opinion or core belief on whether killing a child inutero is morally right or wrong. If that is spin, correct it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266935 Nov 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly it.
Funniest of all is how some Catholics claim they cannot change as the times change because it'll F up their traditions. But if you go back and see just how the succession of Popes went in and made changes, you'll see how they sometimes contradicted themselves, prior Popes, or even future Popes in the process.
God gave Peter the authority to head his church on earth. The succession of Popes continue to head the church.

Matthew 16 check it out.

Not sure what exactly is so funny in that. Why do you people continue to mock God?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266936 Nov 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have an opinion or core belief on whether killing a child inutero is morally right or wrong. If that is spin, correct it.
There is no "child in utero", so that plays no part in my opinion. I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand this. However, again, if you're going to post about my opinions, get them right. What I actually say, not your spin on it
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266937 Nov 30, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>Catholicism is the extension of Judaism ...so abortion is wrong even in your faith.
CD and foo like to pretend that abortion is acceptable in the Jewish faith. All I keep seeing is them pointing out how their Jewish religion allows abortion to save the life of the Mother yet,the majority of abortions are done out of convenience. They are pointing it out that they go against their religion when they support elective abortion.

The Talmud says that the soul enters the body at conception.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#266938 Nov 30, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>His point makes no sense anyway. Providing the means to prevent pregnancy is what PP is there for and of course healthcare and testing. But actually taking birth control as prescribed is the responsibility of the person it is prescribed to. If that isn't done 100% of the time then logically there are going to be unwanted pregnancies resulting in abortion. It is no way the fault of the physician and if he were actually or had ever been a med student at one time he would know this.
I agree wholeheartedly with you.

I'm also curious what their comeback is going to be to my argument regarding the Catholics' gripe about Obamacare infringing on their right to the free exercise of religion, when you don't hear employers who are 7th Day Adventists, or Jehovah's Witnesses complaining about their freedom of religion being infringed by having to provide health insurance that covers blood transfusions.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266939 Nov 30, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism will never be an extension of Judaism. Catholics lie, rape kids and cheat on their spouses. We don't do that.
And no, abortion isn't wrong in our faith. It may not be "endorsed" or "preferred," but it isn't seen as wrong. Or did you forget that in Judaism an abortion is mandatory, in a certain given circumstance and the fetus isn't considered a "person" until most of the body is out during birth?
Try again ya koos.
""Catholicism will never be an extension of Judaism""

Yes it is.

""""Cathol ics lie, rape kids and cheat on their spouses. We don't do that.""""

Cheat on their spouses? Then why'd you convert to Judaism? because you cheated on your wife. In fact,you told us that you had sex with her while never loving her and then resented her for conceiving your daughter.

""""And no, abortion isn't wrong in our faith""""

Yes it is. You've pointed out that abortions to save the life of the mother is between her,her Dr and a Rabbi to decide. THAT is how rare that is,that it must be decided on between all three.

You like to justify taking a woman in for an abortion by making up lies.

""""" in a certain given circumstance and the fetus isn't considered a "person" until most of the body is out during birth"""" ""

So you can abort your baby while it is being delivered and not fully out. Is that what you're saying your religion allows?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266940 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
1) CD: And this tells you the practice is 51.5% abortions? LMAO!!
Um, as I said already, it tells you that 52.5% of PP's operating income is from abortions.(you know, the bottom line?$ Cha-Ching $)
Oh, so now it's 52.5 percent. Are the percentages increasing with the amount of time you post them? I suppose that's congruent with the amount of $$ you think PP makes in profits, as a non-profit organization, from pap smears, breast cancer examinations and providing birth control, which whether you believe it to be evil or not, does prevent unwanted pregnancies, and which yields a different bottom line; less abortions. But, I suppose you're going to deny that's true as well.
No Relativism wrote:
2)CD: Well, if you're going to throw lifenews.com at me as your source of authority, allow me to dismiss it as quickly as you would dismiss if I threw plannedparenthood.org at you as the source of mine.
Actually, I cited PP's 2010 services document several times yesterday.
3) Have at it: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/P...
Derp.
Well, the PDF clearly states, as plain as the nose on your face, that only 3.0% of Planned Parenthood services are abortion services. Look it up on page to.

BTW, you don't see the $$ signs in front of any of those numbers; do you? Have you considered that those numbers actually refer to the number of services provided and not the amount of $$ collected for them?

I am, however, very curious how do you defend the RCC's position on Obamacare forcing catholic employers to provide prescription coverage that will include contraceptives, as it being an infringement on their rights to religious freedom, yet no 7th Day Adventist, or Jehovah's Witness employer is crying religious infringement because Obamacare is forcing them to provide insurance to their employees that would cover blood transfusions.

What's your position on that NR? Please elaborate.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266941 Nov 30, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Who told you that piece of nonsense, knutter. The catholic faith is one version of christianity among the other few thousand other version of the religion. It is not the extension of another religion. Not even Judaism...
Yes,Judaism is an extention of the Catholic faith.

There is the Catholic church which Christ instituted. Catholic meaning universal. Then throughout the centuries,they were break away's,then break aways from the break aways(Protestant meaning protesting). It's not a "version" of anything.

The new testament is the fullfillment of the old testament.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266942 Nov 30, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> CD and foo like to pretend that abortion is acceptable in the Jewish faith. All I keep seeing is them pointing out how their Jewish religion allows abortion to save the life of the Mother yet,the majority of abortions are done out of convenience. They are pointing it out that they go against their religion when they support elective abortion.
The Talmud says that the soul enters the body at conception.
LMAO!! Now you're a scholar in Jewish law!

"Abortion

Jewish law not only permits, but in some circumstances requires abortion. Where the mother's life is in jeopardy because of the unborn child, abortion is mandatory.

An unborn child has the status of "potential human life" until the majority of the body has emerged from the mother. Potential human life is valuable, and may not be terminated casually, but it does not have as much value as a life in existence. The Talmud makes no bones about this: it says quite bluntly that if the fetus threatens the life of the mother, you cut it up within her body and remove it limb by limb if necessary, because its life is not as valuable as hers. But once the greater part of the body has emerged, you cannot take its life to save the mother's, because you cannot choose between one human life and another."

http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm#Abortion

BTW, the word may does not equal "will." IOW, casual abortions are left to the discretion of the mother in Jewish law.

Read it and weep.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266943 Nov 30, 2012
To all my Jewish pals, Shabbat Shalom!

To all my non-religious pals, have a nice weekend!

To all my Catholic.....pals, consider my question to NR as being posed to you as well:

How do you defend the RCC's position on Obamacare forcing catholic employers to provide prescription coverage that will include contraceptives, as it being an infringement on their rights to religious freedom, yet no 7th Day Adventist, or Jehovah's Witness employer is crying religious infringement because Obamacare is forcing them to provide insurance to their employees that would cover blood transfusions.

Please elaborate.

I'm outta here for today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,604,091
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Linden Nj 21,198
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Sep 21 ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages