Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313233 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266494 Nov 27, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you JUST claimed it affects EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU. So which time were you lying?
<quoted text>
Wrong again. The Jewish faith doesn't have the issues your kind have about birth control, just like we dont have the same problems with abortion. And in fact - since we dont believe that a zygote is a person or a human being, you'd be wrong again. In fact, in the Orthodoxy, the commandment of being fruitful and multiplying is ONLY a male obligation, and women are free to choose to use BC if they so choose.
<quoted text>
Why is it you can only come up with patently moronic scenerios that have ZERO basis in reality?
""""just like we dont have the same problems with abortion.""" """"

The Jewish faith is against abortion. I didn't say that it was against birth control use. The pill and IUD *can* be abortificants.

According to YOU,your faith allows abortion for the life of the mother(i.e DYING on the table). So how can you sit here and tell me that we "don't" have the same problems with abortions.?

You obviously like to twist your religion to suit your own agenda.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266495 Nov 27, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that claim.
Planned Parenthood 2009 Report: We Perform 340 Abortions for Every Adoption Referral

http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266496 Nov 27, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course you do."

No, I don't.

"You claim to be PRO-CHOICE,don't you?"

I don't claim to be. I am pro-choice.

"I don't support her legal choice to abort and that is why I fight against it."

I don't support either choice, but the woman's RIGHTS.

"Why are you so afraid to say that you don't support her specific choices regarding this matter? You're being dishonest."

I'm NOT afraid to say I don't support her specific choices. That's been my point. Here's a hint, Stupid Sassy, proof read your posts before sending them.

"You'd of aborted if you became pregnant today."

I can't get pregnant today. I said that at least a year ago. But yes, given my age and health issues, I'd have aborted a pregnancy.

"Obviously,you don't hold "all" life sacred."

Nonsense. I do.

"You support a womans legal right to choose to kill her offspring."

No. I support her legal right to make her own choice. Period.

"You don't don't hold "all" life sacred."

Absolutely I do.

"Again,you are being dishonest."

No, you are incapable of understanding, and are wrong.

"You are comparing the criminal/insect with an innocent human growing in his/her mothers womb."

No, I compared killing, and pointed out that if holding all life to be sacred precluded killing, we'd all starve.

"How "Motherly" of you Bitler @@"

How dishonest of YOU to ignore the other comparisons there.

"You're like a mother who kills her newborn or older child,who claims that she respects "all human life". Sorry,it's a total contradiction."

No, I am not like such a mother.

And my position is not a contradiction just because you can't understand it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266497 Nov 27, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Furthering an agenda, you don't think it's news worthy? You want it hushed up that a Irish Catholic hospital refused an abortion because a fetal heart beat was detected but a miscarriage was imminent. Inconclusive reports are not going to change the fact she was refused an abortion because of the Catholic religion agenda.
I don't recall seeing those 491 killed newborns on the news either. I guess NOBODY thinks that killing a newborn baby that survives abortion,is news worthy :/

Why is it news that an Irish Catholic hospital refuses an abortion?

"""Inconclusive reports are not going to change the fact she was refused an abortion """"

Maybe not but it just might change the facts that she might have not needed an abortion in order to save her life. Perhaps her death ws imminent at that point. We can't just make up our own version in order to satify our own personal agenda.

That is EXACTLY what foo did when she made her claim that the Catholic hospital killed her gay brother in laws husbands sisters friends neice. She attempted to attack a Catholic institution along with furthering her abortion agenda. ALL at the expense of some poor woman who died while with child.

She OWES everyone an explanation for her accusations but she refuses to tell the "real" story because she knows that she lied.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266498 Nov 27, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
a .03% adoption rate clearly indicates unbiased pregnancy counseling is NOT taking place.
A monkey counselor could yield an adoption referral rate better than Planned Parenthood.
40% of Planned Parenthood's operating income comes from killing babies. So..........the intent/motive/focus/goal isn't adoption referrals.
Like I said to Nutter, your narrow-mindedness doesn't prove your speculation.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266499 Nov 27, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I could understand that better if the business were a religious bookstore or Catholic hospital but not a hobby store. And hey, there a millions of people working for minimum wage or layed off who can't afford any coverage.
Of course alternative medicine isn't covered there is no scientific validity to alternative medicine. There is scientific proof that birth control prevents abortions.
Over 50% of all abortion (recorded) were done on women who used birth control. Doesn't sound like birth control prevents abortions to me.

Oh,and that is not including the woman who lied to their Dr's and told them that they did in fact use birth control,when they didn't (that is what lala said that she told her Dr because she was embarrassed).

"""there is no scientific validity to alternative medicine""" "

I disagree.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266500 Nov 27, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've dehumanized nothing"
So you are again shpowing how wrong you are, oh pagan princess of trans fats. You admit that the unborn child is human. So when the abortion you support occurs, the human is killed, so it is lterally dehumanized-permanetly.
You are as proabort as your pagan buddies, you are just sneaky and lie about it. It is you trademark. Along with deep fried back bacon.
All prais the blessed baconus
""oh pagan princess of trans fats""

LMAO
Husker du

United States

#266501 Nov 27, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your narrow-minded refusal to consider the alternative hardly makes your speculation fact.
I know what evil is. I will NEVER support the slaughter of an unborn child. Like YOU do.
Husker du

United States

#266502 Nov 27, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said to Nutter, your narrow-mindedness doesn't prove your speculation.
I guess you carried little sub human (fat) demons in your womb.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266503 Nov 27, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
""oh pagan princess of trans fats""
LMAO
Another shallow child. It's such a shame that you must pick on someone for their looks. I guess schoolyard insults are all you have left. You most certainly don't have a good argument to put forth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266504 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text> I know what evil is. I will NEVER support the slaughter of an unborn child. Like YOU do.
I do no such thing. You lie, and we all know it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266505 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you carried little sub human (fat) demons in your womb.
LOL, it must really stick in your craw, that I am a happy person with a wonderful family, a great career helping people, and is spiritually fulfilled, and all without walking in lockstep with your Nazi Pope.

Suck it up, Buttercup. Enjoy your sour grapes.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266506 Nov 27, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If those are excuses for why NR has not adopted one child, I'd like to hear it from him, not from you Knutter. Stop defending the indefensible.
How many children have I adopted? Do dogs and cats count? If you're really "pro-life," they should. After all, they're my "children" too. I even have medical, I mean, veterinarian coverage on them as well.
Last time I checked,this topic was about humans not dogs and cats.

What is with you people? Do you have your animals on the very same level as your children?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266507 Nov 27, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are not paying you frikkin moron. The EMPLOYEES PAY FOR THEIR OWN INSURANCE THROUGH THEIR PAY.
What an employee uses their insurance, THAT THEY PAY FOR, for is none of the employer's business.
It does not affect YOU in ANY way.
Knit is referring to the employer being forced to provide abortificants and birth control.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266508 Nov 27, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
Fact: Foo claimed she misspoke using the age of 14, when the protagonist in Foo's story was 19-20.
Fact: Foo didn't correct herself the next evening, as she claimed in the present. In fact she kept leading people on about her being 14 with comments about Amber alerts and Center for Missing and Exploited children being relevant to help in this case, when both organziations are for ages under 18.
Fact: Foo did NOT mention another "girl" was with Ariel.
Fact: Foo mentioned Ariel was found as an afterthought, 3 days after she was found, and only AFTER someone posted a question asking her about her trip to Atlantic City. Ariel found on a Wed. Foo's post announcing she was found on a Wed. was done 3 days after she was found, posted on a Sat. Even though she had been here the entire 3 days posting about anything and everything else, and even though she had posters here worried about someone while she had posted about it exploiting that person, she apparently didn't feel any rush to let people here know she had been found. People so close to the situation that they "went down to go help look for" her would have been told she was found at most, the day after, not 3 days later, and would have written a post voluntarily while here. Not as an answer to a question.
Fact: Ayakaneo never has any idea what she's talking about when she tries to defend Foo, or any other pro-choicer, for that matter.

""""" Fact: Foo mentioned Ariel was found as an afterthought, 3 days after she was found, and only AFTER someone posted a question asking her about her trip to Atlantic City. Ariel found on a Wed. Foo's post announcing she was found on a Wed. was done 3 days after she was found, posted on a Sat. Even though she had been here the entire 3 days posting about anything and everything else, and even though she had posters here worried about someone while she had posted about it exploiting that person, she apparently didn't feel any rush to let people here know she had been found. People so close to the situation that they "went down to go help look for" her would have been told she was found at most, the day after, not 3 days later, and would have written a post voluntarily while here. Not as an answer to a question""" """

I never even realized that until now.

((sassy rolls her eyes))

That is just sick.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266509 Nov 27, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no moron. Learn to read
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Why are YOU having free time Knutbar? Because you're on welfare and have nothing better to do?
Perhaps you missed the memo stupid - when I moved I closed my business in September last year. Fortunately, we're not in a position where I HAVE to work at the moment, tho I am doing work in appraising books. I have all the time I WANT to have Kuntbar, and you dont get a say about THAT either.
Tho I will be leaving soon for my classes that I'm taking. Almost done too!
""""Tho I will be leaving soon for my classes that I'm taking"""

ENTER GOOGLICIOUS

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266510 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>So you admit you made the whole thing up. Christmas shopping season is here, why are you having free time to post on Topix? Don'tcha have a business to run? Or did you make up that too.
Most of this crap gets started by you and that other dude that claimed he was in med school and has time to post on topix. She didn't admit to making it up, she didn't say kidnapped or raped and she never said anything about check fraud. You said Ariel was kidnapped and raped, Foo said "badly hurt" and "held against her will". Foo said "I bounced a check", that other guy said "check fraud".
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266511 Nov 27, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Foo!!! I see that the same ole song and dance prevails with the prolifers, yet abortion is still legal, women can make choices, and there isn't a g-ddamned thing they can do about it.
Yes, I saw that NR is on parole and back in the "neighborhood." Did you see how Knutter jumped so quickly in his defense?
""""g-ddam ned thing they can do about it""""

Hi Mr "I am Jewish", Um...God commanded us not to take his name in vain.

Just sayin....

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266512 Nov 27, 2012
You and Sassy both do it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266513 Nov 27, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly are your rights being taken away and preventing you from practicing your religion?
Nobody is forcing you to use birth control.
*sigh*

You are correct. NOBODY is *forcing* me to go against my beliefs.

But,we are not talking about the EMPLOYEE here. We are talking about EMPLOYERS being FORCED to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Aquarius-wy 1,484,346
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,986
Lost Phone 23 hr Do no harm 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sun TRD 71,320
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Well Well 20,775
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jan 21 Maria pawlus 73
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Jan 19 truth 7,994

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages