Balls in backyard and tresspass

Posted in the Wethersfield Forum

Fedup

Hartford, CT

#1 Jun 1, 2012
Rude and inconsiderate as well as discourteous on both the part of the parents and the children who are plenty old enough to know better.
To the kids who hit balls in my backyard It is trespass. Why do you think I installed a fence. I really don't want to look out my window and see you tramping around my yard. Just because I don't yell or call the police all the time, doesn't mean I am not upset with the behavior.

Common sense as well as common decency would tell you to stay off of your neighbors property.
If your playing ball but your too lazy to walk a few feet to the public playground, then what is wrong with that picture? They have baseball diamonds and tennis courts and basketball hoops. Might as well use them, you pay taxes to upkeep them.
WHRes10

Hartford, CT

#2 Jun 1, 2012
I am sure posting here is going to solve your problem.....
Death Penalty 4 Tresspass

Newington, CT

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Stop looking out your window from behind your curtains. That's just creepy.
Meetoo

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Apr 10, 2013
I think I know who you are lol
That is probably the same group that took out my window last week. Tennis balls and aluminum bats don't mix in residential areas.
Hear ya

East Hartford, CT

#5 Apr 11, 2013
Meetoo wrote:
That is probably the same group that took out my window last week. Tennis balls and aluminum bats don't mix in residential areas.
We not only have people trespassing on our property too, but dumping heavy heavy dangerous objects too!
There was a realtor from William Raveis Realty out of Wethersfield who thought he had a "right" to dump a large heavy 15 foot tree limb, with a super sharp point to it, which could have EASILY cut our leg up, iWAY back into our backyard, even though the tree limb fell on their driveway, NOT ours!
There is a No Trespassing sign too, in our yard, so that is obviously criminal trespassing!
He couldn't care less either!
He was hiring people to cut their lawn who actually came & trespassed on our lawn!
Hear ya

East Hartford, CT

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Meetoo wrote:
You mean your window got cracked from a ball thrown at it?
We had same thing happen to our front door!
After this nasty woman up the road was screaming & swearing at us, we left our place, came home hours later & found our glass front
door badly bashed in & wrecked!

Does it do YOU any good to call the police in East Hartford??
It does us NO good at all when someone is breaking a crime against us, plus putting our safety in immediate danger too!
You call 911 & both the dispatcher & the police just STICK UP FOR THE PERSON BREAKING THE LAW AGAINST YOU & start SCREAMING & YELLING AT YOU OVER & OVER!
Commonproblems

Wallingford, CT

#7 Aug 9, 2013
I have had problems with neighborhood youths for years. Monetary damage is around 1200 dollars to date. Police are not always effective at handling these incidents, even they want photos at times. If you call the police against the parties involved, ask that they warn them not to trespass and ask that that be mentioned in cad. I had to go to my lawyer to start a file on the situation for possible criminal/civil action. Best thing to do, as recommended by my lawyer, is to take photos. As he told me, even if they aren't immediately trespassing or vandalizing the property, it shows a pattern of behavior. This will help if he starts litigation.
The Smallest Violin

Newington, CT

#9 Nov 7, 2013
That's ALL very interesting.

When it gets to the point where your neighbors are actively harassing you and you find your property and personal items vandalized: car, home, etc., perhaps you should consider something far more sinister.

Count your blessings.
Kids stink

Glastonbury, CT

#10 Nov 9, 2013
It may seem like a petty issue but pain-in-the-ass kids can really rob people of well-deserved peace and quiet. It stinks to come home after a day at work and have to listen to hours of screaming and shrieking. it stinks to have azzwipe kids riding their bikes all over my lawn or trashing my leave piles after I spend hours raking my yard? And where are the l'll bastards parents? Who knows. Holed up in their house drinking a f u Kk i ng I presume and making more little bastards!

Too many kids on one street can really stink things up for everyone else!!!!
2 Many Neighbors

Newington, CT

#11 Nov 10, 2013
Kids stink wrote:
It may seem like a petty issue but pain-in-the-ass kids can really rob people of well-deserved peace and quiet. It stinks to come home after a day at work and have to listen to hours of screaming and shrieking. it stinks to have azzwipe kids riding their bikes all over my lawn or trashing my leave piles after I spend hours raking my yard? And where are the l'll bastards parents? Who knows. Holed up in their house drinking a f u Kk i ng I presume and making more little bastards!
Too many kids on one street can really stink things up for everyone else!!!!
Such troubles.

Again, count your blessings.....

Take photos; document everything; buy a security camera; "talk" to the idi*t parents; call town hall; the town manager; the ineffective Wethersfield police (except for shooting family dogs); put up a "No Trespassing" sign; make some noise.

I see you got around Topix' Puritanical censors with the word f u c k I ng.....nice job.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 15, 2013
Out-of-control kids have always been an issue. It really goes back to the parents. If the parents have no respect/courtesy for other people then you can't expect them to school their kids on respecting others.

The police? Not much help. When we were having neighborhood vandalism issues with the local teens we would call the police...the police would come over, hear our complaint and then tell us to call them again if anything else happened. So we would call them again with the same results, and they would leave telling us to call them again, etc, etc, etc..

Adults have abdicated a lot of their power in these current times. God-forbid we should damage some punk's self-esteem by handing down consequences for his bad behavior.
Indeed

Hamden, CT

#13 Nov 28, 2013
But the kids don't know any better..... that is a common response. Kids play that one to the hilt.

No trespass signs are a good thing. If they come on the property press charges. Yes, video and pictures are your friend. Press charges against the parents if the kid is under age.
Talking to the parents doesn't always help. Sometimes the parents are afraid of the kids and have no control or are in denial about what the kids are up to. There may be chemical/developmental/intelle ctual/emotional problems involved, but that doesn't excuse the behavior of the children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min TSM 1,217,619
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min SpaceBlues 52,739
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min scirocco 69,629
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Booger Toast 19,840
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 309,652
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) 11 hr Angela K 13
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) 16 hr Zen_Tangle 560
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]