Senate Investigation Into Ebay Needed

Senate Investigation Into Ebay Needed

Posted in the Wethersfield Forum

LegalAspects

United States

#2 Sep 30, 2013
Ebay's tactics towards small sellers: In 2008 John Donahoe (CEO) called the mom and pops "noise" and made it clear he wanted to move away from a flea market operation to brand name big box retailers. With numerous polcies that were enacted to eliminate small sellers (chief among these the flawed DSR system) he has been succeeding with a vengeance. 1) The DSR system adversely impacts small sellers more swiftly and egregiously then it does the favored big box and high volume retailers. This should be common enough knowledge that I do not have to delineate it here. 2) 15,000 small sellers were axed by ebay on August 6, 2013. 3) The automatic five-star DSR glitch/malfunction that ebay has admitted not fixing was responsible for at least some those purged getting purged because many were only out of compliance by one DSR star 3) The elimination of the policy compliance feature on the seller dashboard. If anybody thinks that was not purposefully done to hurt small sellers, I have some acreage on the moon I will sell you 4) ebay's latest user agreement update that goes into effect October 26 granting itself permission to hide sellers' listings. The majority of sellers on the ebay discussion boards think ebay has already been hiding sellers' listings and so do I 5) Ebay's numerous moves in past user agreement opt ins or opt outs to try to insulate or protect itself from class axction lawsuits 6) this new managed returns issue (see new user agreement) 7) the fee hikes 8) the misuse/abuse of the DSR system to rob good decent sellers of TRS status and discounts they would get as well as to restrict and suspend them.
Ummm

North Westchester, CT

#3 Sep 30, 2013
...OK, THX FOR THE HU, I GUESS...
CTM

New Milford, CT

#4 Oct 10, 2013
LegalAspects wrote:
Ebay's tactics towards small sellers: In 2008 John Donahoe (CEO) called the mom and pops "noise" and made it clear he wanted to move away from a flea market operation to brand name big box retailers. With numerous polcies that were enacted to eliminate small sellers (chief among these the flawed DSR system) he has been succeeding with a vengeance. 1) The DSR system adversely impacts small sellers more swiftly and egregiously then it does the favored big box and high volume retailers. This should be common enough knowledge that I do not have to delineate it here. 2) 15,000 small sellers were axed by ebay on August 6, 2013. 3) The automatic five-star DSR glitch/malfunction that ebay has admitted not fixing was responsible for at least some those purged getting purged because many were only out of compliance by one DSR star 3) The elimination of the policy compliance feature on the seller dashboard. If anybody thinks that was not purposefully done to hurt small sellers, I have some acreage on the moon I will sell you 4) ebay's latest user agreement update that goes into effect October 26 granting itself permission to hide sellers' listings. The majority of sellers on the ebay discussion boards think ebay has already been hiding sellers' listings and so do I 5) Ebay's numerous moves in past user agreement opt ins or opt outs to try to insulate or protect itself from class axction lawsuits 6) this new managed returns issue (see new user agreement) 7) the fee hikes 8) the misuse/abuse of the DSR system to rob good decent sellers of TRS status and discounts they would get as well as to restrict and suspend them.
..........This would be Feinstein territory and she's one of the crooked ones.
Consumer Watch

United States

#6 Dec 2, 2013
If the general public had a clue what was going on inside corporate ebay they would cry out for a serious and thorough investigation by governmental regulatory agencies.
NewsFlash

United States

#7 Dec 21, 2013
CTM...There's a great deal going on inside ebay that is of questionable legality. In the 10/26/13 User Agreement update, ebay granted itself permission to hide a seller's item listing from site visibility using unrevealed criteria (Ina Steiner wrote a great story on this one can Google). That's a violation of a seller's REASONABLE EXPECTATION. The reason a seller pleaces a listing on ebay is because they they have the reasonable expectation that it will actually be shown in order to sell it. Ebay is also engaging in TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE between the seller and his potential customer(buyer). Then there is the double-standard ebay uses in terms of the the DSR (Detailed Seller Ratings) system whereby small sellers are penalized, restricted or suspended over 2 or 3 low DSR ratings while the big box retailers and Chinese are immune from this. This is almost certainly a BREACH OF CONTRACT (assuming the constantly changing User Agreement can even be considered a contract). Then there are the seller purges whereby thousands of small sellers were suspended from ebay over the past weeks and months (many were only out of compliance by 1 DSR star, and ebay has admitted to a glitch/malfunction on the automatic five-star rating on shipping which has existed for a year and not been fixed- Ina Steiner did a good story here on this issue as well one can also Google). It just goes on and on. Where is Michael Moore or John Stossel? Where are the government regulatory agencies?
SellerBacklash

Seguin, TX

#10 Nov 15, 2014
Come join the fastest growing anti-ebay groups on Facebook, Former ERbay Sellers and Former Ebay sellers 2 Open Forum! https://www.facebook.com/groups/formerebaysel...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,550,580
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 hr Common Sense 63,861
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 26 weaponX 314,719
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 26 True That 20,946
Poll Do you report neighbors for blantant ordinance ... (Jun '12) Jun 25 Elijah 5
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) Jun 24 kauna 1,667
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Jun 23 Norch 164

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages