Response To Haven Healthcare Series

Response To Haven Healthcare Series

There are 19 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 23, 2007, titled Response To Haven Healthcare Series. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

I read with great interest the excellent series of articles on Haven Healthcare [Page 1, Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

employee hh of coventry

West Warwick, RI

#1 Nov 23, 2007
when haven took over , ray termini came in and promised us the world, he talked about all of the changes and renovations they were going to make, it has been over 4 years and we have yet to see any of them, the ONLY thing that changed was our health and dental insurance, he found the worse one possible
ALL of the staff at the haven i work at(haven health of coventry), from the nursing, to kitchen to laundry and housekeeping really care about the people we take care of , thank God for all of the staff we have
no one at corperate has made our nursing home what it is it is the staff , NO ONE at haven can change that,
the people at the corperate offices just care how much money they can make, this bankruptcy thing is just an easy way out for them, an easy way to take care of the bills so it will not come out of their pockets, we will be better off in receivership(we were last time that is how haven got us)
NO ONE at the corperate offices can change the way we feel about the residents we take care of, we have a very loving caring hard working staff, no matter who is the owner(and haven is the worse yet), our staff will always be there for our residents
Deep Throat CT

Glastonbury, CT

#2 Nov 23, 2007
The Connecticut Legislature lack of adequate nursing home funding over the last ten years has put the nursing home industry in the predicament it is in today....I believe we will see that the inaction by the state legislature and the treatment of the nursing homes by state regulators will unfortunately result in findings of severe violations of federal constitutional law and actually violations of the State of CT constition by state agencies...what a sad thing for the constitution state to have violated these laws when it was one of the original 13 colonies that formed the constitutional congress.........

Since: May 07

Warwick, RI

#3 Nov 23, 2007
Deep Throat CT wrote:
The Connecticut Legislature lack of adequate nursing home funding over the last ten years has put the nursing home industry in the predicament it is in today....I believe we will see that the inaction by the state legislature and the treatment of the nursing homes by state regulators will unfortunately result in findings of severe violations of federal constitutional law and actually violations of the State of CT constition by state agencies...what a sad thing for the constitution state to have violated these laws when it was one of the original 13 colonies that formed the constitutional congress.........
Are you going to believe Termini and his BS about reimbusement from Medicaid? Apparently, you have no clue to this industry, and the misappropriation of funds, and not just in CT, but nationwide.

Warwick, RI

#4 Nov 23, 2007
employee hh of coventry wrote:
when haven took over , ray termini came in and promised us the world, he talked about all of the changes and renovations they were going to make, it has been over 4 years and we have yet to see any of them, the ONLY thing that changed was our health and dental insurance, he found the worse one possible
ALL of the staff at the haven i work at(haven health of coventry), from the nursing, to kitchen to laundry and housekeeping really care about the people we take care of , thank God for all of the staff we have
no one at corperate has made our nursing home what it is it is the staff , NO ONE at haven can change that,
the people at the corperate offices just care how much money they can make, this bankruptcy thing is just an easy way out for them, an easy way to take care of the bills so it will not come out of their pockets, we will be better off in receivership(we were last time that is how haven got us)
NO ONE at the corperate offices can change the way we feel about the residents we take care of, we have a very loving caring hard working staff, no matter who is the owner(and haven is the worse yet), our staff will always be there for our residents
I worked in Greenville in 2004, when we were closed to admissions for substandard care. The "home office" came and spoke to the remaing residents/families, and promised that this would never happen again...well, it did. I walked out of the Greenville facility, as Admission Director,, due to their lies and not following through on their promises. I lost all credibility with my hospital contacts because of these liars.
Lynda Lewis Hays
Brus

Southington, CT

#5 Nov 24, 2007
If someone were caring for an elder in their home and had the same level of neglect or misuse of their funds, they would have criminal charges against them. Some should be charged with "crimes against seniors"!!
Admissions with ethics

Bloomfield, CT

#6 Nov 24, 2007
I too was an Admissions Director at the worst of the Havens. I lasted 87 days. Nursing would not listen, I went to Home Office and was told NOT to make waves. I left that day. Good thing or those waves could have drown me too. J.Jump up and the PK were trying to pin this mess on a brand new Administrator who could run circles around these fools. How do you treat a Doctor like this? These Home Office guys were Laundry and Hsking Dept. Heads. Should have stayed in the basement fellas.

Warwick, RI

#8 Nov 25, 2007
I wrote to "admissions with ethics" and detailed my revolting experience with these liars. Should she want to share, I really wouldn't mind at all!
Lynda Lewis Hays
Warwick, RI
posthumerous

Morristown, NJ

#9 Nov 25, 2007
very interesting blog; and everyone's opinion 1-8 are right on imo.
i'm a licensed administrator but b/c i make waves; when it comes to fulfilling my licensed responsibilties; i can't get work.
The whole system of regulation is based on the administrator's license. It started w/ abuses in the 60's; from the mom and pops. Nurses do one thing wrong and their licenses are at risk; but Administrators who play ball w/ corporate and/or are clueless get all the jobs.
What i predict will happen w/ all this is some Administrators will see their licenses sanctioned or even do perp walks; and then corporate will have to hire more competent and responsible people; and actually give them the autonomy and authority they need to do their jobs right.
i quit my last job as soon as basic supplies were offline due to non-payment. The industry has lost a lot of good people like me. Meanwhile huge and excessive fees are extracted for rent, IT, and mostly incompetent oversight. They create problems, rattle the cage constantly; and show disdain for the workers and the unions; blaming them for everything. I believe there is a strong racist or at best elitist attitude that prevails.
take it from someone who knows.... Administrators can't just be spokes in the wheel; it won't work and it's contrary to the reasons Administrators were forced to be licensed in the first place.
A Haven in NH employee

Goffstown, NH

#10 Dec 13, 2007
I have to look at the info on the Haven facilities in CT and wonder why the other states are not looking into the Haven homes in their states. We have had times when we are out of gloves, soap, hand sanitizer. When residents are forced to wear bed pads under clothes as we have no Depends for the incontinent residents. Who knows how accurate our blood sugar testers are as we can't test them with no testing solution.When we are limited on what we can give them for snacks as we have none, when nurses and aids have to go out and buy supplies out of our own pockets to care for these people.
The families of these residents need to get a clue and get these people out of these homes before there are more deaths.
Sunrise Sunset

AOL

#11 Feb 17, 2008
After that debacle you would have thought that the State had better controls in place.i.e. Sunrise Healthcare 23k. overcharging for Medicade reimbursement. And it sounds like many of the onld Sunrise Homes, became part of Haven Healthcare, same old same old.
Dr Ed Feraco

Ketchikan, AK

#12 Dec 6, 2008
A year after and still not one person has been charged by DPH despite the fact that my sister is dead as well as others due to malpractice, the State of Connecticut, coward Esq.s and coward elected officals.
A Haven-NH Victim

Boston, MA

#13 Apr 18, 2009
Dr Ed Feraco wrote:
A year after and still not one person has been charged by DPH despite the fact that my sister is dead as well as others due to malpractice, the State of Connecticut, coward Esq.s and coward elected officals.
I agree with you 100% Dr. Feraco. My late parent and myself were victims of Haven in NH. The brutal retaliation against me and my late Mother was unspeakable. It resulted in her death and the horrific path that led there. I reported Haven employee's abuse against residents, especially my Mom, as well as other crimes-malpractice, medication errors, and threats against residents,etc.

I had thought of contacting you before, as your comments were intelligent, and, I have no doubt, factual. I made all the efforts you made and I agree that Haven was allowed to continue their crimes because those who should have stopped them and helped courageous (and naive), knowledgeable family caregivers and residents instead obstructed justice and protected Haven--certainly the case in NH--where they and their "connected" administrators had "special protection." And, Haven is still protected. Haven foxes (former Haven part-owners and employees) are still in the hen house, so to speak,(some assisted living and nursing facilities) and the wolves(state employees) are still "overseeing" them.

The employee from Chester NH doesn't seem to have gone to the corrupt State DHHS, and, I suspect, knows what happened to family caregivers who did--and what would have happened to him/her, if he/she had done so--as required by law.

The FBI is spread pretty thin these days, but perhaps we can get them to look at the full range of Haven crimes against residents and families. I would like to contact you and am going to try to send you an email via an address I have found on the internet. I would like to speak with you to see if you would be interested in forming a Haven's victims' group, so that we can seek legal justice. Many voices together may be heard, even though they have silenced the few who have spoken so far.

Feel free to decline, once I contact you, but I hope we can work together so that this can not happen again.

Also, anyone who worked for Haven in NH, or who has evidence in this matter, please post here. It's too late for my Loved One, but not for others with dementia. You owe it to us.
Dr Ed Feraco

Ketchikan, AK

#14 Apr 25, 2009
Please do contact me!
A Haven-NH Victim wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100% Dr. Feraco. My late parent and myself were victims of Haven in NH. The brutal retaliation against me and my late Mother was unspeakable. It resulted in her death and the horrific path that led there. I reported Haven employee's abuse against residents, especially my Mom, as well as other crimes-malpractice, medication errors, and threats against residents,etc.
I had thought of contacting you before, as your comments were intelligent, and, I have no doubt, factual. I made all the efforts you made and I agree that Haven was allowed to continue their crimes because those who should have stopped them and helped courageous (and naive), knowledgeable family caregivers and residents instead obstructed justice and protected Haven--certainly the case in NH--where they and their "connected" administrators had "special protection." And, Haven is still protected. Haven foxes (former Haven part-owners and employees) are still in the hen house, so to speak,(some assisted living and nursing facilities) and the wolves(state employees) are still "overseeing" them.
The employee from Chester NH doesn't seem to have gone to the corrupt State DHHS, and, I suspect, knows what happened to family caregivers who did--and what would have happened to him/her, if he/she had done so--as required by law.
The FBI is spread pretty thin these days, but perhaps we can get them to look at the full range of Haven crimes against residents and families. I would like to contact you and am going to try to send you an email via an address I have found on the internet. I would like to speak with you to see if you would be interested in forming a Haven's victims' group, so that we can seek legal justice. Many voices together may be heard, even though they have silenced the few who have spoken so far.
Feel free to decline, once I contact you, but I hope we can work together so that this can not happen again.
Also, anyone who worked for Haven in NH, or who has evidence in this matter, please post here. It's too late for my Loved One, but not for others with dementia. You owe it to us.
A Haven-NH Victim

Boston, MA

#15 May 2, 2009
Dr. Feraco,

I will try a residential telephone number I was able to find--not sure if it is you, but I will give it a try. One business tel. number I found was out of date. I'll try the telephone instead of email.
A Haven-NH Victim

Boston, MA

#16 Jun 9, 2009
Dr. Feraco,

I've tried several times to call the residential telephone # that I'd hoped was yours. It either doesn't connect or disconnects after one ring, so it may not be a good #. I did use calling cards, so maybe that was the problem. I was unable to use the email I found before.

But, fyi, a former HHC bookkeeper has been arrested in CT by the FBI. See the FBI Press Release out of CT dated April 30th. According to the PR, the matter is going before a Grand Jury, so maybe this will be the beginning of accountability. Of course, I am trying to bring the patient care and retaliation crimes to the attention of the appropriate authorities with regard to what happened in New Hampshire.

Again, I ask that any former HHC employees with knowledge of HHC crimes come forward. Especially that employee in Chester NH. His/her phrase, "before there are more deaths" certainly suggests that person has knowledge of abuse and wrongful deaths. Please find the courage to come forward. The FBI should be able to protect you if you testify; it is not too late, and you want to be able to sleep at night.
Danielle

United States

#20 Nov 14, 2013
F.U. haven health for Killing my beautiful 43 yr old mother!!!! Rot in hell!!
Dr Ed Feraco

Westerly, RI

#21 Nov 14, 2013
Danielle wrote:
F.U. haven health for Killing my beautiful 43 yr old mother!!!! Rot in hell!!
They removed the comment from idiot called Ellen who made a libelous comment about your mother after I complained today. I have a copy of it so you should move forward calling an attorney to sue her for violating 42 & 45 CFR.
Dr Ed Feraco

Westerly, RI

#22 Nov 14, 2013
No, actually the comment is still there--look at #18
Danielle

United States

#23 Nov 15, 2013
Dr Ed Feraco wrote:
No, actually the comment is still there--look at #18
im looking on my phone nd I CNT see it only the last ones are me and u I CNT c tht one !! Can u send it to me ? Fist of all my mother had no drugs In Her system!! So tht bitch needs to stfu!! If u dnt no then don't speak!! I'm on my way to wrk ill message u later!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,406,617
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,858
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Mothra 60,675
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 19 hr LAWYERS GONE WILD 82
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jul 27 ThomasA 311,496
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) Jul 27 TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jul 27 Chaimpie 93

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages