Guilty Plea Entered In Ecstasy Case

Aug 18, 2007 Full story: Hartford Courant 23

A former East Hartford man pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to one count of possessing the drug Ecstasy with the intent to distribute it.

Daniel Drummond, 36, formerly of 252 Ellington Road, pleaded guilty in Hartford before U.S. District Judge Alvin W. Thompson, who will sentence him on Nov. 5.

Drummond faces a maximum prison term of 20 years and a fine of up to $1 million.

According to documents and statements made in court, Drummond distributed large quantities of Ecstasy in Connecticut from September 2005 to April 2006. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jay

Waterbury, CT

#1 Nov 10, 2007
anyone know the outcome what was his sentance?
gallega

Hartford, CT

#2 Feb 21, 2008
yes, he was sentenced in novembre, possible loss of property
jay

Waterbury, CT

#3 Apr 24, 2008
but how many years did he get thanks
gallega wrote:
yes, he was sentenced in novembre, possible loss of property
kkk

South Windsor, CT

#4 May 22, 2008
i don't think he got sentenced as it was never publicized. I bet he ratted his way out of this.
Me_again

Derby, CT

#5 Jul 14, 2008
He is still ratting poeople out and yet to be sentenced. playing ball with the feds.
Dee-CA

San Diego, CA

#6 Jan 3, 2009
Any updates? Ways to write to him?
MEU SOC

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Apr 27, 2009
kkk wrote:
i don't think he got sentenced as it was never publicized. I bet he ratted his way out of this.
He has not been sentenced. He is not ratting out anybody. He's taking the rap and the time they give him. Your bet is wrong.
MEU SOC

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Apr 27, 2009
Me_again wrote:
He is still ratting poeople out and yet to be sentenced. playing ball with the feds.
You are just a dousche bag. He's the one who got ratted on. Dumb Ass! He is not playing ball with the Feds. He's the only one doing time
Me_Again

Sandy Hook, CT

#9 Aug 31, 2009
He may or may not have ratted, that remains to be seen, but he certainly was not manning up, taking the rap and accepting the time. He took every opportunity to shift blame to other people. In court at sentencing Friday he made a statement blaming his co-conspiritors to which the judge cut him off, told him to stop and again showed his frustration with the blame game and finger pointing. He may be the only one doing time now, but there were others put away for months earlier.
klj

United States

#10 Aug 31, 2009
Dee-CA wrote:
Any updates? Ways to write to him?
send an email to ngiamo@yahoo.com with your contact information and I will forward to Dan.
nonameneeded

United States

#11 Aug 31, 2009
Me_Again wrote:
He may or may not have ratted, that remains to be seen, but he certainly was not manning up, taking the rap and accepting the time. He took every opportunity to shift blame to other people. In court at sentencing Friday he made a statement blaming his co-conspiritors to which the judge cut him off, told him to stop and again showed his frustration with the blame game and finger pointing. He may be the only one doing time now, but there were others put away for months earlier.
No one else is doing time except for Dan, he did not rat anyone else out and has refused to roll on anyone - why do you think he's doing time? If he gave anyone up he'd be out by now. Get the facts before you start trying to create rumors.
Me_Again

Sandy Hook, CT

#12 Sep 2, 2009
The others are out after doing 6-12 months on lesser charges.

I am very aware of the facts in this case, reporting on it from the beginning. You are correct in that he has not ratted on people in an effort to get a reduced sentence or deal, but he has not accepted the blame and continues to try and say it's not all his fault. I don't care what he did, that really makes no difference to me. But he was caught, he was no pawn, he ran a good sized operation that was quite lucrative. He should have accepted the 3 year deal offered to him in the beginning. He knew he was guilty. He could have been out by now with a fraction of the legal costs accrued.
rut row

Stamford, CT

#13 Sep 15, 2009
looks like he got 9 years, ouch. To bad, Dan was a really smart guy, he could have made a good living leagally, not sure why he chose the path he took but looks like he will have a lot of time on his hands to think about it.
He was to arrorogant for his own good and basically gave the EH police all the incriminating information they needed to conclude that he was dealing. When a drug dealer gets cocky, they get caught. Dan is a perfect example of what not to do if you are in his line of business. To bad, so much wasted potential.
Pat

Granby, CT

#14 Sep 16, 2009
rut row wrote:
looks like he got 9 years, ouch. To bad, Dan was a really smart guy, he could have made a good living leagally, not sure why he chose the path he took but looks like he will have a lot of time on his hands to think about it.
He was to arrorogant for his own good and basically gave the EH police all the incriminating information they needed to conclude that he was dealing. When a drug dealer gets cocky, they get caught. Dan is a perfect example of what not to do if you are in his line of business. To bad, so much wasted potential.
"Dan was a really smart guy"

"Dan is a perfect example of what not to do if you are in his line of business."

So was he smart or a perfect example of what not to do? LOL
gur tre

Durham, CT

#15 Dec 8, 2009
i hope he learned his lesson, people like this
serve the time, and then, oooouuuchhhh
they are caught again ttoooo bad
kkk

United States

#16 Feb 12, 2010
gur tre wrote:
i hope he learned his lesson, people like this
serve the time, and then, oooouuuchhhh
they are caught again ttoooo bad
your a real jerk.
kkk

United States

#17 Mar 3, 2010
Me_Again wrote:
The others are out after doing 6-12 months on lesser charges.
I am very aware of the facts in this case, reporting on it from the beginning. You are correct in that he has not ratted on people in an effort to get a reduced sentence or deal, but he has not accepted the blame and continues to try and say it's not all his fault. I don't care what he did, that really makes no difference to me. But he was caught, he was no pawn, he ran a good sized operation that was quite lucrative. He should have accepted the 3 year deal offered to him in the beginning. He knew he was guilty. He could have been out by now with a fraction of the legal costs accrued.
The only reason he is doing time is because he refused to roll. The deal was you get three years IF you give something up...so clearly you don't know all the facts.
Jay

Plainville, CT

#18 May 9, 2010
Dan is a great guy too bad nine years but he stuck to his word he never rat anyone out. Hopefully he will be out in 4-5 years and knowing him he will start a good business hopfully a car shop like he wanted to
Lyn

United States

#19 Dec 11, 2011
Jay wrote:
Dan is a great guy too bad nine years but he stuck to his word he never rat anyone out. Hopefully he will be out in 4-5 years and knowing him he will start a good business hopfully a car shop like he wanted to
. Is he out yet ?
bob

Newington, CT

#20 Nov 15, 2012
wow,,I remember his sister being HOT! too bad she turned out to be a drug /looser too!!! google her problems"Diana Drummond" auto arrest,,condo infractions etc etc there parents money kept them from being dealt with harder,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Earthling-1 47,005
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min RoxLo 1,115,129
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min Mandela 68,560
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 305,849
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Chuck 19,285
Brooklyn Teen Charged With Attempted Murder (May '08) 12 hr kdoehr 8
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance