Free Chamber Music Concert, August 16

Posted in the Wethersfield Forum

Cuatro Puntos

New Britain, CT

#1 Aug 7, 2013
Cuatro Puntos, a group of Hartford professional musicians, to give a free concert in Glastonbury in prelude to their outreach tour of the country of Bolivia.

WHAT: Cuatro Puntos- chamber music collective for global peace
BOLIVIA TOUR KICK-OFF CONCERT

WHEN: Friday, August 16, 2013
7:30pm

WHERE: Lutheran Church of St. Mark
75 Griswold St., Glastonbury, CT 06033

HOW MUCH: Admission is free. However an optional, free-will donation will be taken at the door to support our educational outreach tour to Bolivia.

Cuatro Puntos is a group a chamber musicians based in Hartford dedicated to global cooperation and peace through the writing and performance of new music worldwide. This concert is given in prelude to a two-week tour of Bolivia. While in Bolivia, the poorest nation in the western hemisphere, the group will work with students and give concerts in the cities of Tarija, Santa Cruz, and Cochabamba.
This concert will feature the music they will perform in Bolivia, including a world premier of a piece written for Cuatro Puntos by American composer Nicole Chamberlain.
The concert will feature flutist Mary Matthews, violist Kevin Bishop, and cellist Pablo Issa Skaric. All are graduates of the Hartt School of Music at the University of Hartford, and are dedicated to Cuatro Puntosí mission of promoting world peace through the writing and performance of new music.

Kevin Bishop, Cuatro Puntos director
kevin@goldenscrollsoloists.com
www.cuatropuntos.org
Linda

New Britain, CT

#2 Aug 19, 2013
This concert was very good! I will be going to all of them this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min LOL 1,144,093
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 70,617
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min Kathwynn 306,598
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 48,586
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr tcaud 19,486
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 11 hr JosephA214 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) 14 hr boogie 11
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News