Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 59537 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47732 Jun 11, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
Shouldn't their be a carbon tax on every soda and beer sold. And fire extinguishers. Welding co2. Dry ice.
All you climate disruptors better only drink non co2 beverages.
Good idea & it will bring down the obesity rate, taking the load off Obamacare. If you tax all the soda's and beers it can go towards healthcare & build wind turbines.:)
litesong

Everett, WA

#47733 Jun 11, 2014
motheaten wrote:
.. wish I had thought of it...
Without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a high school diploma & science & mathematics degrees, "motheaten" can't do, accomplish, or use science.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47734 Jun 12, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"Depends"?
Ahh... gotta love warmists and their decisive language. Unless, of course, you disagree, then they're absolute.
Run along... snipe troll.
I know, strange concept for you cultists isn't it, that agreeing with something somebody wrote depends on whether or not the evidence supports it?

I've cited Roy Spencer on the transfer of heat to the atmosphere by CO2 (which brian_g denies, but he'd deny his mother for a $) because he is right on the physics.

I might even cite Watts if says something sensible, but I doubt he will because he seems to be an idiot.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#47735 Jun 12, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is why are you here?
In you mind the science is settled. As such you know that every post puffs out more CO2 that's already at crisis levels.
Can you live with yourself knowing your next puff might put CO2 past it's tipping point?
Apparently so.
Hypocrite.
Grow some integrity, LIAR

climate.gov .

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47736 Jun 12, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... now you're taking posting tips from litesong.
You can't write, read, reason, and now you steal stupid arguments.
No one would be apt to steal any of your arguments, they are too dumb. You are buzzing around bright lights again. Be careful, you will get burned!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47737 Jun 12, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is why are you here?
In you mind the science is settled. As such you know that every post puffs out more CO2 that's already at crisis levels.
Can you live with yourself knowing your next puff might put CO2 past it's tipping point?
Apparently so.
Hypocrite.
You are so dumb that you don't understand that the extra CO2 exhaled by animals has already been inhaled by plants. Buzzing around bright lights does that.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#47738 Jun 12, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a high school diploma & science & mathematics degrees, "motheaten" can't do, accomplish, or use science.
Seen this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#47739 Jun 12, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea & it will bring down the obesity rate, taking the load off Obamacare. If you tax all the soda's and beers it can go towards healthcare & build wind turbines.:)
Great we can tax more people into poverty. But we could save money by feeding them all the birds killed by the wind turbines.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47740 Jun 12, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Say what?
You are the source, LOL. Support, won't you?
were you in the meth again yesterday, mullet?
SpaceBlues

United States

#47741 Jun 12, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>were you in the meth again yesterday, mullet?
No, never but you must be every day 24/7, LOL.
SpaceBlues

United States

#47742 Jun 12, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text> Great we can tax more people into poverty. But we could save money by feeding them all the birds killed by the wind turbines.
Read the link in my post above yours.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47743 Jun 12, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, never but you must be every day 24/7, LOL.
LOL what an unoriginal "mann" keeper you are.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#47744 Jun 12, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read the link in my post above yours.
More proof of how wrong our government can be on issues related to the environment.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#47745 Jun 12, 2014
Climate Cultists
Has the desperate global warming crusade reached its Waterloo?

The climate change crusaders, who have been at it for a quarter-century, appear to be going clinically mad. Start with the rhetorical monotony and worship of authority (“97 percent of all scientists agree!”), add the Salem witch trial-style intimidation and persecution of dissenters, and the categorical demand that debate about science or policy is over because the matter is settled, and you have the profile of a cult-like sectarianism that has descended into paranoia and reflexive bullying. Never mind the scattered and not fully suppressed findings of climate scientists that the narrative of catastrophic global warming is overstated, like nearly every previous predicted environmental apocalypse. It matters not. The recent crescendo of scary government climate reports and dutiful media alarm has paved the way for the Obama administration to throw its weight around in ways that would make Woodrow Wilson blush.

While climate skeptics are denounced for mentioning “uncertainty,” the terms “uncertain” and “uncertainty” appear 173 times, while “error” and “errors” appear 192 times, in the 218-page chapter on climate models in the latest IPCC report released last September. As the IPCC admits,“there remain significant errors in the model simulation of clouds. It is very likely that these errors contribute significantly to the uncertainties in estimates of cloud feedbacks and consequently in the climate change projections.” The IPCC’s latest report rates the confidence of our understanding of clouds and aerosols as “low,” and allows that it is possible that clouds could cancel out most of the warming effect of greenhouse gases. If anything, our uncertainty about future climate change has increased with each new IPCC report.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#47746 Jun 12, 2014
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47747 Jun 12, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, strange concept for you cultists isn't it, that agreeing with something somebody wrote depends on whether or not the evidence supports it?
A-a-a-l-m-ost an admission there but a pretty weenie one.

Your snipe-fest posts are tiresome.
Texas

Corona Del Mar, CA

#47748 Jun 12, 2014
What's Obama doing today that's more important than focusing on climate change?
==========
10:55 AM
The President holds a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Tony Abbott of Australia; the Vice President also attends
Oval Office
Pool Spray at the Bottom
12:30 PM
The President and the Vice President meet for lunch
Private Dining Room
Closed Press
2:05 PM
The President honors the WNBA Champion Minnesota Lynx
East Room
Open Press
Texas

Corona Del Mar, CA

#47749 Jun 12, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Mostly birds killed. Didn't you see the movie THE BIRDS? You've got to kill them before they kill you.
SpaceBlues

United States

#47750 Jun 12, 2014
They say it is a hard job and it ages fast.

I never understood, LOL.
Texas wrote:
What's Obama doing today that's more important than focusing on climate change?
==========
10:55 AM
The President holds a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Tony Abbott of Australia; the Vice President also attends
Oval Office
Pool Spray at the Bottom
12:30 PM
The President and the Vice President meet for lunch
Private Dining Room
Closed Press
2:05 PM
The President honors the WNBA Champion Minnesota Lynx
East Room
Open Press
SpaceBlues

United States

#47751 Jun 12, 2014
Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly birds killed. Didn't you see the movie THE BIRDS? You've got to kill them before they kill you.
Yes, I watched it.

This practice has to be justified today! I came to my own conclusion: don't do it, gov.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Nuculur option 1,383,824
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr trumpy 20,310
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Ize Found 70,608
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) May 24 Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May 23 Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) May 23 JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages