Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60167 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45389 Apr 2, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you are so right about King Hussein flim flam liar n chief and the uneducated/indoctrinated sheep who know no better and utilize this ignorance for their agenda for the sole purpose of their election coffers and vote buying.
And who would you replace him with? Gangster Christe, Wacko Bachmann, flimflam man Jeb Bush, airhead Sarah, goofy Rand Paul, star eyed Perry, Paul Ryan, Rick Santorum, Koch man Scott Walker?????

Most of 'em make President Obama look very good. Looks like it'll be Hillary to me.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45390 Apr 2, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>

You need to get a PDF reader- it'll come in useful for reading scientific papers and reports- like the IPCC report you haven't read.
Do you need the connection spelling out? Well, obviously you do.
You posted a claim that temperature rise is good for photosynthesis, the graphic shows how temperatures will be bad for agriculture in southern latitudes. The sources were used to support your claim but actually they have been misrepresented, as I showed.
<quoted text>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
I have a fine pdf reader, clicked your link twice, dumped cached, restarted browser, clicked link again... nothing but a little spinning whyligig. And you can't prove otherwise.

But thanks for the link (finally). Now I can see to what your little picture was referring. Ahh.. the IPCC. Gee, nothing like an unbiased reporting of science is there?

/sarc

As the IPCC was charged with proving in the affirmative global warming, it's no surprise that it did so.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#45391 Apr 2, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
And who would you replace him with? Gangster Christe, Wacko Bachmann, flimflam man Jeb Bush, airhead Sarah, goofy Rand Paul, star eyed Perry, Paul Ryan, Rick Santorum, Koch man Scott Walker?????
Most of 'em make President Obama look very good. Looks like it'll be Hillary to me.
No one makes Obozo look good especially Hitlery "what difference does it make" Clitorous and her band of corrupt brothers and sisters:
Dirty Harry Reid
Nancy Piglosi
Barbara "cant' Boxer
Turbin Durbin
Rahm "GWEDO' Emanuel
Elizabeth "pocahontas" Warren
Wendy "abortion loving" Davis
Diane Frankenstein
Obozo flim flam liar n chief lost his mojo along time ago and believe me I love the fact that come Nov. the senate will change hands and scumbag Reid will be a distant memory.
You keep the faith in your clowns.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45392 Apr 2, 2014
With this latest biggest, baddest most dire "crisis" report by the IPCC, I wonder if the warmists scientists, spokesmen, leaders, government officials, and celebrities will start acting like it really is a crisis...

Secondly, if not will the rank and file warmists even notice?
litesong

Everett, WA

#45393 Apr 2, 2014
mild weather wrote:
Fairly mild throughout the US.
The AGW enhanced temperatures in the high Arctic have been rising for decades, such that presently, the high Arctic, over millions of square kilometers, hasn't had a temperature as low as the norm for almost 5 months. Over millions of square kilometers the temperature has been as high as 16degC(29degF) over normal. So much AGW enhanced energy is in the Arctic, that Arctic cold has easily been driven south to Canada & the U.S. all winter long & even longer.

The Canadian & U.S. winters have been so bad, that sleazy, slimy steenking toxic AGW denier liars have to cheer(like cheerleaders?) over a 'nice spring day', altho AGW caused billions(trillions?) of dollars of economic loss during the winter. & we ain't even talkin 'bout Europe.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45394 Apr 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The AGW enhanced temperatures in the high Arctic have been rising for decades, such that presently, the high Arctic, over millions of square kilometers, hasn't had a temperature as low as the norm for almost 5 months. Over millions of square kilometers the temperature has been as high as 16degC(29degF) over normal. So much AGW enhanced energy is in the Arctic, that Arctic cold has easily been driven south to Canada & the U.S. all winter long & even longer.
The Canadian & U.S. winters have been so bad, that sleazy, slimy steenking toxic AGW denier liars have to cheer(like cheerleaders?) over a 'nice spring day', altho AGW caused billions(trillions?) of dollars of economic loss during the winter. & we ain't even talkin 'bout Europe.
obviously, you think you're on to something. why else would you repeat the very same post over and again??

maybe it's just a nervous reflex because you know where your wife is right now??

she ain't home, is she, trixie??

got ethanol??

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45395 Apr 2, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>No one makes Obozo look good especially Hitlery "what difference does it make" Clitorous and her band of corrupt brothers and sisters:
Dirty Harry Reid
Nancy Piglosi
Barbara "cant' Boxer
Turbin Durbin
Rahm "GWEDO' Emanuel
Elizabeth "pocahontas" Warren
Wendy "abortion loving" Davis
Diane Frankenstein
Obozo flim flam liar n chief lost his mojo along time ago and believe me I love the fact that come Nov. the senate will change hands and scumbag Reid will be a distant memory.
You keep the faith in your clowns.
Again, who do you have to replace them with? There are a lot of pathetic folks in Washington who have sold their soul to the highest bidder. President Obama is probably one of the better. The economy is healing. Many folks are able to get health care who were shut out. Read and weep:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15/a-lon...
litesong

Everett, WA

#45396 Apr 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
itesong wrote:
That's because "false farts" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
//////////
"false farts" fluffed:
And you have no new material.......Yawn......
//////////
litesong wrote:
"false farts" has no new science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, because it slept thru its life.
//////////
"false farts"
......do you have any new material? You've become quite a bore.
//////////
litesong wrote:
"false farts" has no new science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, because it slept thru its life.
"false farts" has no new science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, because it thinks it was boring.
"false farts" has no teaching certificate, so its questions aren't worth consideration.
/////////
"false farts" farted:
YAWN....... indoctrination factory(college)?
//////////
litesong wrote:
Have you ever dislocated your jaw, while yawning? Your continuous yawns dislocated your ability to learn science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Most sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars think as you do, about college....even engineering, science, & mathematics classes.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45397 Apr 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
psst... talking to yourself doesn't make you any smarter.

Take your meds. They won't make you smarter either, but maybe you'll stop being such a loon.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Hampton, VA

#45398 Apr 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you are a sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW foaming-at-the-mouth denier lier, because you know that I know 100% gasoline vs. 10% ethanol blends, has, not 3% better mpg like the EPA states, but 8% to 5% greater mpg. Ethanol does not burn properly in gasoline engines. You know I have a decade plus of data comparing 100% gasoline to 10% ethanol blends, for 3 vehicles.
"socially mia", one piece of trash communicates with another piece of trash, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
Wow! You are so full of methane!!
You claim science? Your data is skewed. Explain to me, mental giant, how in the hell can a substance with a severely lower energy density than gasoline cause, as if by magic, the energy density to INCREASE that of gasoline?
This should be interesting coming from a guy that refuses to understand simple physics.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45399 Apr 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
itesong wrote:
That's because "false farts" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
//////////
"false farts" fluffed:
And you have no new material.......Yawn......
//////////
litesong wrote:
//////////
"false farts"
......do you have any new material? You've become quite a bore.
//////////
litesong wrote:
"false farts" has no new science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, because it thinks it was boring.
"false farts" has no teaching certificate, so its questions aren't worth consideration.
/////////
"false farts" farted:
YAWN....... indoctrination factory(college)?
//////////
litesong wrote:
Have you ever dislocated your jaw, while yawning? Your continuous yawns dislocated your ability to learn science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Most sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars think as you do, about college....even engineering, science, & mathematics classes.
you're psychotic and a co2 wasting hypocrite!!!!

why do you respond in that method??

are you too stupid to do it properly?

are you actually as dumb as you attempt to appear?

oh, wait, sorry......that's not really an act. is it?

your wife just screamed with pleasure from a motorcycle man's shaft....

talk about WARMING....FLOODING......and.. ....

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45400 Apr 2, 2014
i got you thinkin'

she isn't home again, right?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45401 Apr 2, 2014
of course she isn't!!

but you ask yourself why!!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45402 Apr 2, 2014
her never CUMMING home doesn't add up.......

just like your climate beliefs!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45403 Apr 2, 2014
just tell her you're a stupid climate alarmist with no future.......then set her free.

i'm sure she'll be fine with it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45405 Apr 2, 2014
Mothra wrote:
With this latest biggest, baddest most dire "crisis" report by the IPCC, I wonder if the warmists scientists, spokesmen, leaders, government officials, and celebrities will start acting like it really is a crisis...
Secondly, if not will the rank and file warmists even notice?
You might want to ask the English at the moment, weeks ago they were under water now they are sucking in sands from the Sarah desert. On the pollution scale from 1 to 10, they are on 10 at the moment with extreme winds blowing sand dust across to Europe. All perfectly normal weather of course, nothing to worry about from your lot.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/468085/R...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45406 Apr 3, 2014
Would you please cite any peer reviewed experimental test of climate change mitigation? Does the experimental data suggest a limit on human CO2 emissions or carbon sinks to sequester CO2 out of the atmosphere as the best tactic? Do the experiments show how much climate change mitigation will cost?

If we can't answer these questions with experiments, let's wait for the science to catch up to the hype.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45407 Apr 3, 2014
false farts wrote:
Climate change only happens when the trolls say it happens.
That's because sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc to convince numerous scientists that climate scientists are not correct.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#45408 Apr 3, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a fine pdf reader, clicked your link twice, dumped cached, restarted browser, clicked link again... nothing but a little spinning whyligig. And you can't prove otherwise.
I am unable to prove that you are unable to configure PDF files to display in your browser.
But thanks for the link (finally). Now I can see to what your little picture was referring. Ahh.. the IPCC.
Told you that ages ago.
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
It's from the latest IPCC report, where else?
Gee, nothing like an unbiased reporting of science is there?
/sarc
As the IPCC was charged with proving in the affirmative global warming, it's no surprise that it did so.
Mothra wrote:
I'll review your "science"
Guess not.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45409 Apr 3, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I am unable to prove that you are unable to configure PDF files to display in your browser.
<quoted text>
Told you that ages ago.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Guess not.
Like I said, you can't prove that the link didn't work in my browser... as it does for so many others.

Nope... you just did. First you just posted a picture with no supporting documentation. You finally got around to linking the source to that picture after several posts.

"Guessing" is what the warmists do. They haven't been right yet, but get a lot of press for guessing some more.

btw, your 'quote'- reply','quote - reply', posts are tedious, time consuming and cumbersome. Going forward, when I hit 'reply', I'll only respond to what appears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,396,281
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 311,360
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 8 hr Jos 59
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 70,732
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages