Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 59545 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

United States

#43820 Feb 24, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The real story.
http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/vaop/ncurr...
Global warming has not reversed.
Quick review of skeptics predictions versus the IPCC and the data:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics/Pred...
SpaceBlues

United States

#43823 Feb 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>still making claims you can never hope to back up, son?
Not so, LOL but with one catch:

you [that means YOU] have to comprehend topix posts.

BWAHAHAHA
SpaceBlues

United States

#43825 Feb 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>noted.
okay.
your posts are juvenile and stupid......just like your twin bookend litesong.
that means YOU, son.
Are you enjoying your family insults?

YOU being sans science, you engage in gossip, bwahahahaha!

That means you have no family, rogue. Note it!
SpaceBlues

United States

#43826 Feb 24, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The real story.
http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/vaop/ncurr...
Global warming has not reversed.
The denier silence is underwhelming...
Ag Professor University

Corona Del Mar, CA

#43828 Feb 24, 2014
The Truth wrote:
Drought has happened before:
==========
Then there is California's annual rain and snowfall, which go up and down like a yo-yo.
"From a climate perspective, we've been here before," Martin Hoerling, a federal research meteorologist, said last week at a drought forum in Sacramento. "We shouldn't be surprised."
The state dried out like a prune in 1976-77 and before that in 1924, the most parched periods in the modern record. And ancient tree-ring records show that during the last millennium, conditions have at times been even worse.
Take the year 1580, which left the narrowest growth ring — or none at all — in the California trees that University of Arizona scientist David Meko used to reconstruct a 1,000-year history of stream flow in the Sacramento River Basin, the source of much of the state's water supply.
Tree rings don't lie. Year 1580, 1924, 1976 (there are others)
All documented over the years in California.
SpaceBlues

United States

#43829 Feb 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you sure have a knack for drawing conclusions based on flawed analysis and flimsy theories, son!
it's like you put total blind faith in what you wish reality was....but is not.
talk about deluded!
lol
Right diagnosis for yourself, pops.. bwahahahaha
SpaceBlues

United States

#43831 Feb 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>that's the best response you can give?!?!
lol
fail.
LOL.

Best response to what?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43832 Feb 24, 2014
Ag Professor University wrote:
<quoted text>
Tree rings don't lie. Year 1580, 1924, 1976 (there are others)
All documented over the years in California.
I know subtlety is difficult for you idiots, but the point made in the article *you* quoted from is that together with the year to year variability in precipitation, there is a long term trend in snowpack and temperature due to global warming which is not something that has been seen before in the period of human habitation of the area.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43833 Feb 24, 2014
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And the single most important thing you are doing to combat climate change is ....
Hmmmmm?
(besides spreading the word on the internet).
Are you walking to Al Gore speeches? Avoiding driving to sports games? Sold your car perhaps?
Nope, Al and I use the Internets whenever we can.

Nope, don't waste time on something as superficial as sports.

Nope. I have to use my truck to carry tools and building materials.

If you'd let me take a dump in your mouth, it would probably help things a lot.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43834 Feb 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and we live rent free inside your 'cave', man!!!
provide a link or be quiet and go eat some more chitterlings.
Here ya go, troll.
http://www.google.com/url...
"people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others)."
Welcome to the mirror.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43838 Feb 24, 2014
litesong wrote:
....... as opposed to unapproved slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig white guys.....
////////
"proud of what, white guy" guffed:
I am indeed a pig.
//////////
litesong wrote:
NO, pigs would be offended by you.
But you may be an:
"unapproved slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig white guy....."
litesong

Everett, WA

#43843 Feb 24, 2014
litesong wrote:
NO, pigs would be offended by you.
But you may be an:
"unapproved slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig white guy....."
//////////
"proud of what, white guy" guffed
I could change for you.------
//////////
litesong wrote:
You have to change for yourself. But since you probably are an unapproved slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig white guy, you won't.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43844 Feb 24, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"]u don't seem to like white guys.[/QUOTE]

I have friends who are white guys. I have no friends who are unapproved slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig white guys.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#43848 Feb 25, 2014
THAT white guy wrote:
<quoted text> General Electric should be able to close it's Fort Edwards plant if it so chooses.It employed those workers.It did not adopt them.I do believe that it should be required to clean up it's Hudson River mess.That IS their responsibility.
In other words, you are saying that corporations have no social responsibility.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#43849 Feb 25, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Quick review of skeptics predictions versus the IPCC and the data:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics/Pred...
us

The corporate sponsored "skeptics" use smoke and mirrors....
Ag Professor University

Fullerton, CA

#43850 Feb 25, 2014
The Truth wrote:
Drought has happened before:
==========
Then there is California's annual rain and snowfall, which go up and down like a yo-yo.
"From a climate perspective, we've been here before," Martin Hoerling, a federal research meteorologist, said last week at a drought forum in Sacramento. "We shouldn't be surprised."
The state dried out like a prune in 1976-77 and before that in 1924, the most parched periods in the modern record. And ancient tree-ring records show that during the last millennium, conditions have at times been even worse.
Take the year 1580, which left the narrowest growth ring — or none at all — in the California trees that University of Arizona scientist David Meko used to reconstruct a 1,000-year history of stream flow in the Sacramento River Basin, the source of much of the state's water supply.
Our research confirms the tree ring studies. The droughts over the years are well documented. This is not very unique.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43851 Feb 25, 2014
Ag Professor University wrote:
<quoted text>
Our research confirms the tree ring studies. The droughts over the years are well documented. This is not very unique.
The sock puppets are talking to themselves but nobody else.
SpaceBlues

United States

#43854 Feb 25, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if you can't remember what you respond to, son, it's not my problem.
you'll have to overcome that defect on your own.
Your denier trade is home-made tirades. Forget about the man-made climate change, pops.

Your hidden location is most probably a poster for the symptoms of the said affliction. DUH?
SpaceBlues

United States

#43855 Feb 25, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>us
The corporate sponsored "skeptics" use smoke and mirrors....
"us?"

So they don't see who they really are in a foggy mind.. ignoring possible future regrets, huh?
litesong

Everett, WA

#43856 Feb 25, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"] think about that.[/QUOTE]

I think:

"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" defends racists........ but not well.
We know "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" can only say something non-scientific, because "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly(or non-) earned hi skule DEE-ploomaa. We also know that "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is disrespectful of those less fortunate them itself.
I did say that "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" could also be a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig. But "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" proved it is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 40 min u Make Me Laugh 1,384,159
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,614
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,316
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 72,026
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) May 27 cpeter1313 311,215
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) May 24 Ken Burke 135
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages